thread title missing
Why was it that everytime Anya thought she was clear of all the flashbacks, one decided to catch her offguard?
Not even herbs could help cure this affliction, and Anya honestly didn't know what would cure it. She was sick and tired of having to stutter some explanation out to herself, trying to find a solution for this trying problem.

Now she knew how DaVinci felt when he had told her that no herbs could cure his affliction. Anya sighed wearily, weaving through the trees, going nowhere in particular. It almost made her sick, halfway expecting to be succumbed by the memories once more. But the memories never came when she was expecting them...They came in the dead of night when she was deep alseep, or when Anya was happily laughing away with those wolves she considered her friends.

Anya was scared that she would frighten all these wonderful beings away if she told them her memories, so she kept them to herself. She had a feeling some of them could probably guess the turmoil inside of her.
Ty was now attempting to get used to walking on his own, favoring his other three legs instead of the wounded one. His ribs, though cracked, were feeling better today, the bandages were doing a good job. He grunted slightly as he pushed himself along, wanting to continue his movement, but to where? He didn't quite know.

Ty ended up looking up right when he saw he was crossing paths with the person who healed him, Anya. Smiling lightly, he limped towards her calling out "Hey! Anya!" He quickly changed into luperci form to ease the walk towards her. "Wait up!"
Anya wandered quietly, never noticing Ty until he called out for her to wait up. She smiled, waiting patiently, thinking some more. Her grey coat shimmered slightly in the flickering sunlight, and she loved the feel of the sun against her back. It was almost as relaxing as lavender.

"Hey Ty, how are you feeling?" Anya noticed he was still limping, and looked away politely as he changed forms. "I have a question for you. Is it always common for a sad newcomer to forget that he or she was sad in this place? For them to constantly smile and reflect upon such wonderful friends?"

The sky was beautiful, a deep blue that matched her mother's eyes, and Malaki's eyes. She sighed, missing the companionship her brother had provided. She shook her head. Dwelling on such memories only dragged her down.
"Well, I'm getting better." Ty said with a grin as he caught up with her, attempting to make his limp not as apparent. The bandages now on him still leaked some blood, and it somewhat leaked through, but not enough to be a problem to him. Other then that, most of the wounds were healing over, and he was feeling rather good today. His fur, although somewhat dirtied still, was still as shiny and full as ever, shimmering it's golden-orange flair that it had in the sunlight. "The arm is what's bothering the most right now, my other wounds are healing over quite smoothly, I think I'll be ready for another puma attack by the end of the week." He then flashed a confident grin before wincing again and holding his ribs.

Hearing her question, Ty frowned, not totally sure where the question was coming from. Instead of simply answering it, he took some thought about it. "Well...many people do have some upsetting memories...but everyone deals with their past in their own way." He explained. "I couldn't tell you what most people do, because everyone does it differently....why do you ask? Is there something wrong?"
Anya lifted her lips in a gentle smile at Ty's discomfort. She suspected he hid his limp from her, but she let that action go. As Ty walked towards her, Anya did not bother to hide the appraising look she shot his way. His coat was golden red in the sunlight, almost an exact opposite to her silvery storm coat. His eyes glinted, and she was caught in the maelstrom of colors that reflected out at her. Anya caught her breath, and blushed slightly. It felt like Ty knew everything she was thinking, and feeling. Even with his wounds, he still caught her eye, and held it sternly.

"Maybe it's time I let the memories go," she said with a sigh. "I suppose the only way to do that is to tell someone." Anya's throat began to close painfully, but she swallowed hard. If I don't tell someone, the memories will just haunt me for the rest of my life. As much as I loved Malaki, his memory deserves the break, and Father isn't much welcome in this corner of life.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't do anything so rash as to let them go." Ty said as he raised his bad paw in a stopping motion, a small chuckle escaped his snout as he finally had caught up with her. He hadn't caught the blush, or any of the other subtle attractions at the moment, he was still in quite a bit of pain and distracted to notice them, nevertheless, he still listened to every word Anya said, which is why he interjected so quickly. "I'm all for sharing pasts, teeling people your memories is a great way to connect with people, heck, many folks find kindred spirits once they know other people's pasts." He grinned. "But if you mean 'letting them go' like I think you mean, do not do it. Never forget your memories or your past, as they have sculpted you into the person you are today."

He then caught his breath slightly, realizing he went on a rant there. Blushing out of embarrassment at his foolishness, he motioned to his paw and said "I really do have to thank you for healing me, without you and Xeris there, I probably would've lost a lot more blood, and perhaps not everything would have healed right." He chuckled lightly. Although death was possible in that situation, it was unlikely, Ty had fought smart, he used his wits, along with talent, to outmaneuver the puma, and that is why he came out as good of a condition as he did, any other wolf who wasn't experienced in combat would have died.
Anya sighed, shaking her head. "I donno, it just seems like everytime I feel at peace here, a memory sneaks up on me and makes me miserable all over again." Anya looked up at the sky, seemingly searching for something she could not name.

"I wouldn't let the memories go, just let them have peace. One part of me doesn't want to leave Malaki in the past, but I know that if I don't do just that, I won't be able to have a future."

Anya sighed again, a sad sigh that resonated in her soul. Her grey eyes turned dark, almost black, with her emotions, and her claws dug into the turf with anger. She was sick of this, being held hostage by measly memories.
"Ahhh.....what you are saying is very different then just remembering things." Ty said, wagging his wounded paw at her as he took a seat on the ground. "You are letting your memories take control of you, forcing you to wallow in despair and the past." He then looked to the sky, then the ground, still trying to find the words to explain what he wants to say. "I'm...no philosopher, nor am I psychiatrist, but here is something that might help you. Now, terrible things happen in the past, horrible things, things that nobody wants to remember, things that people think if they had another chance, they could change. But that's the thing, the past...is the past!" He raised his paw as he spoke, empathizing the word 'past' [b]"It's something that has already happened, something you could not predict, nor change. So there really is no use worrying, regretting, or fretting about it, but take it as a notch on your belt."

He scratched his chin as he finished his little speech. "What you should do is live for the present, or if you're ambitious, the future. Use what you've learned to better yourself, don't let it control you."[/] He shrugged lightly. [b]"But that's just this humble wolf's opinion."
Anya lifted her lips again in a simile of a smile. "Yes, well, that humble wolf means more to me than my family ever did." She blushed at the confession. Silly girl. You've only known this wolf for how long? What makes you think that he'll be kind, and not end up like your father? The other voice in her head argued: He was raised by DaVinci. And knowing how gentle the both of them are....he won't turn out like Father.

Anya glanced up quickly. Maybe she was being too forward....but she was sick of being alone.

"Do you want some pain killing herbs for that arm? I can practically feel your winces myself."
Ty was flattered by her statement, he'd only known her for a week or so, and he has seen such caring and kindness from her. Perhaps, something more then caring, Ty couldn't deny that he'd seen some rather longing looks from her, and while he was flattered and interested, he was also nervous. Asariel had been giving him those same looks of longing, and even more, and Ty had already admitted his attraction to her, so what was he going to do with Anya? He figured if she went for it, he would just turn her down easy for now. But still, was he turned off to the idea?

He decided to mull over the idea later, and listened to her concern about his paw. He chuckled lightly and said "No, no, I'll be fine, I don't need herbs to get through this."
Sorry if this post is a little short. I have a lizard on my lap who likes to get up on the keyboard, and doesn't want to be put back in his cage.

Anya laughed as Ty shrugged off his pain. Figures. She wasn't surprised; Malaki had been the same way, always shrugging off his injuries.

Anya lifted her nose into the breeze that blew gently through her coat. The silver glinted brightly, a rare occurrence. The breeze carries scents that were interesting to analyze, and thinking stalled time. The birds had whispered in the winds that another female had been watching Ty. Perhaps this female would make a good friend. Anya was always willing to make a couple more friends.

"So who all lives in this pack? I've only met a few people. The birds tell me that there are more than those I have met."
haha, cute

Ty thought about this one, he had met a lot of wolves since he came back, but he'd only been here for a month or so, would he technically know more wolves then her? Nevertheless, he recalled all the faces and personalities he had recovered since his return here to pheonix valley.

"Well....there is Jefforson, the leader, my dad, Rendall, Asariel, Xeris, Pendzez, Geneva,Mirette, my sister Skylar... Ty then fogged out, completely blanking, were those really all he had met? He felt like he had met more people. This concerned him, he felt as the son of the sub-leader, he should get to know more of the pack, but perhaps he hadn't been trying hard enough to meet people. He then spoke after a period of silencer. "You know those are all the people I've met here so far..." Ty said as he scratched the back of his neck, chuckling off his slight embarrassment on not knowing more people.. "Despite my social nature I don't know that many people, silly me huh?"
Anya laughed at Ty's peeved look.

"Tell me about them? Unless you want to know more about my family, since the pack is your family..."

Anya was curious about the pack. But if Ty was also curious, she would be willing to indulge some information. Her grey eyes were filled with curiosity. She looked up at the sky, sighing quietly. She was really beginning to feel at home here. Malaki would have been all over most of the females here; he'd been a player in his own right, once the two of them had reached maturity.

The breeze was a bit chilly, and Anya noted to herself that keeping Ty out of the chill would be better for healing. So she bundled herself down in the grass, wincing as the half healed tattoo on her shoulder was stabbed by a piece of grass.
"Tell you? Hmmm...." He said as he plopped down, rubbing his chin with the backside of his paw, as he was still in wolf form. "Well....you've already met Xeris, Rendall and Pendzez, and my father, so I don't really need to explain them." He said with a nod. "So I'll talk about the people you don't know....first off, there is Jefferson, the pack leader...my friend and mentor for the first three months of my life." He said with a small nod and a grin. "He's very intelligent, strong, and courageous, a caring mentor as well, to those he cares about, he's very loving...and also quite a scoundrel too, his practical jokes and jeers always made me chuckle as a kid." Ty then frowned slightly. "But he's...temperamental, quick to anger, and kind of a jerk. I've seen him be very irate to people on a whim. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but I have issues with how untrusting he is."

He sighed, he didn't like talking bad about Jeff, but he felt he should be honest, Jefferson wasn't always the easiest to get along with. He then shrugged if off and continued Then there is Mirette, she's foreign or something, her accent is interesting to hear. She's very shy though, not really liking people, so you gotta warm up to her." He prattled on, but began to wonder about her, how was she doing these days? He had not seen Mirette in quite a while. what had she been up too? Nevertheless, he continued. "My sister....I love her as well, she's a sweet, kind, caring individual. But she's a bt of a scoundral...ran with the wrong crowd, and now ended up a bit more jerklike then before, but still a gerenally good person."

He sighed and looked to Anya. "Well, that's about it...tell me a little about your family then."
Anya listened attentively to Ty as he told of the pack he called family. She also watched how his eyes lit up when he talked about the alpha, and his sister. So when he asked her about her own family, Anya was glad to share with him.

"My mother...we were never that close. I always thought her a coward for not standing up to my father, but she was one of the last to die. Amaya was the runt of the litter; nobody expected her to last very long. So when Father took her hunting one day, and she didn't return, we thought nothing of it. Malaki, my brother, and I were extremely close, and Father resented that." Anya paused for breath, caught up in her past. "One day, Malaki and I were romping. But Father wanted me for some reason, and I ignored him. He came running, and I wanted so badly to run from the anger in his eyes. But I couldn't."

"Mother was livid when she found that he had beaten me; her anger was what killed her. They fought quite often by a river in the area. She went in, and never came out. Malaki fought Father for killing her. Father told us that it was for the best, and ripped Malaki's throat out in front of me. I challenged him....and ended up here."

Anya smiled grimly. "I'm sorry for ranting. But in order to tell about my family, I had to tell about what happened to them. Malaki was the closest sibling to me, and my best friend. When Father killed him..." Anya's voice trailed off, sadly. "He was to me what your sister is to you."
Ty nodded and sighed lightly at her explanation, her father seemed to revolve around all of her family members, and he apparently killed each one. Was it because he was a control freak? Or just a murderous psychopath? He wanted to know, but he didn't really want to ask. After all, there was some tact involved when speaking about her family and it's horrid past. So he said nothing about it.

Ty then cleared his throat and cracked his neck before he spoke, now trying to learn a little more about her past. "So, you've told me about your family, what about you? What has your story been? How did you go from that family to here?" He asked with a calm but stern face, he wanted to hear her story, but knew it wouldn't be a grand one. Having all those family members means one thing, that she must have had to kill her own father to get away. Or run really fast, but that would simply leave a loose end wouldn't it? And nobody wanted a murderer coming to Pheonix Valley to find Anya. So he sat and waited to hear Anya's tale.
Anya looked sadly past Ty, not really seeing anything.

"Well, after I challenged Father, we had to wait a day after the challenge to actually fight. Something about gaining all the energy you possibly could before walking to your death. I was surprised when he didn't fight my challenge. But when we fought, he was....more vicious than one should be to your own child. He was out for blood, and I was out for revenge for my family's death.

"After three hours, we both began to tire. A wolf shifted in the distance, and Father was distracted. I remember realising that my chance was then, or else I would be the one to die. I lunged, and ripped out his throat thesame way he ripped out my brother's."

"The pack had a punishment for those who fought the alpha. Tattoos were to be placed along the ankles and shoulder of the offender. If the offender couldn't run far enough within a week, they would be hunted down. I thankfully made it far enough in that time span to keep my life. They will not follow."

Anya laughed. a sad, low chuckle that reverberated in her chest. Her family's pack were cowards.
"Why would the pack punish the winner? By most pack's standards, if you killed him, that would make you leader." Ty replied quickly, like he had seen this happen before. "What a strange tradition...if they did that to the winner, how did they decide who was pack leader after that?" He sighed and shrugged, sometimes wolf packs were just mindless that way. "As for the fight, I'm guessing you gave him no quarter as well, I respect that, it takes a lot of guts to go and fight against your own kin..."

He sighed lightly as she finished her explanation, it seems like there wasn't much else in her life besides her overly controlling father. What a strange man that must have been, and Ty couldn't help but wonder what kind of strange background that man must have had, to become that insane and lost in his own mind. His controlling and rediculous personality had an affect on his entire family, in fact, he killed most of them. What kind of delirious state of mind it must he had been in to commit such atrocities onto his own family? What madness was that pack in to simply stand by and watch? Ty could only shake his head in sadness and confusion. "Well...it's over now...at least, right?"
Anya nodded. "Yes, it's over. I can't really complain. I was bound to rise up against that pack anyway; it was only a matter of time. I'm just sad that it took watching my brother die in front of me to get me off of my feet and at my father's throat..."

"So, you said before that you had been a sailor? Where did you go? What all did you see? What kind of cultures did you encounter?" Anya blushed as her curiosity got the better of her.
"Well....I was a sailor at first...until we began to get trained to fight..." Ty corrected with a chuckle as he saw her blush. "I became a mercenary, a soldier of fortune across the ocean, and one of the best. I'm a bona fide famous warrior over there, they actually called me 'lord of war' because of my skill...but I left for...my own reasons." He seemed to have a moment of discomfort as for trying to give a reason why he left. Quickly changing the subject, Ty continued with his story. "Anyway, I have met many, many cultures, I've travelled to many places, but I have to say, going to Scotland, Britian, Italy, the middle east, and Asia were my favorites." He didn't really want to go into too much detail about all of this, as it would take hours upon hours to talk about, so he kept things short and sweet. "The scenery in those places were amazing. I could sit here and bore you with the things I've seen, and I'd still be talking."

However, Ty was also interested in something else. All this talk of Anya fighitng her father sparked something in Ty, a bit of battle arose in his eyes, he wanted to do a little spar session with Anya, as he was curious, why would a wolf like anya need to resort to a distraction to kill her father? Shouldn't she know how he fights? but Ty knew anya wasn't really a fighter, just one who defended herself, so a spar was most likely out of the question. He sighed and said "Still..if you want to hear something, I guess I could think up a story about a few of those places."