thread title missing
Anya saw the look of confusion in Ty's eyes, as she got ready to ask yet another question. She thought she ought to shut up for the time being, but she figured she could learn something from him.

"Could....Could you teach me to fight? What I did, resorting to killing Father with a distraction....that was underhanded. I'd love to hear about all the places you've been too....if it isn't too much trouble." Anya looked sadly through her memories. Maybe it would help to learn something from this charming wolf. And the fighting skills would not be stashed in her mind to be forgotten.
"Teach? Anya...I'm a little young to be teaching people." Ty said with a embarrassed chuckle. It's true, he wasn't much older then a year, he wasn't ready to be taking students. "But, I think I could give you some pointers." He said with a chuckle as he began to circle her. "Yes...yes I could help you learn a bit more about fighting, perhaps when I get a bit older I could teach you more as well."

There was something different about Ty when he got into the aspect of combat, something fierce. Sure, by most aspects, it was still Ty, a friendly, carefree wolf with a optimistic outlook on life, but he had a sort of focus when getting near to battle, something that made him seem older then he was, something that evoked a certain passion within Ty, showing clear on his face. His eyes, his frame, his stance, everything changed to reveal a certain focus, attuning himself to the situation, almost instantly ready to do battle, like he was prepared to do it the whole time. His eyes were already analyzing the station, looking for weaknesses, openings, advantages, any slip-up Ty would pick up on. Of course Anya wasn't exactly battle-ready, but Ty's body and mind were so trained to this that it reacted without any effort at all. He continued to circle her, but gave a friendly smile and said "Do you want me to give you some pointers now, or later?" He then grimaced about his wounded paw, for a split second he had forgotten he was still wounded, the large claw marks on his chest were still tender, along with his paw still hurting to put too much weight on it, but the minute he realized it, his body compensated for it, Ty's threshold for pain was immense, although he was now favoring the three legs. "And don't worry about my wounds, even wounded I'm still a match for many skilled wolves."
Anya crouched, ready to defend herself. She grinned back at Ty, watching him circle her. She didn't let him get behind her, out of habit, and she made herself smaller, a ball of sorts.

"Well, seeing as you are already ready to show me, since you're circling me, how about some fornow, and save some more pointers for later?" Anya grinned again, willing to learn. She admired the way that Ty's attitude had changed so quickly, the way his stature changed. He looked older, but brighter at the same time.

She glanced worriedly at his paw. "Are you sure you don't want anything to kill the pain?"
"Bah, don't worry about it, I'll be fine, I've gone through worse." Ty said as he continued to circle her. He was feeling the pain less and less as he got more focused, as if his concentration was pushing the pain away. His fangs shone brightly as his lips curled back in a condifent smile. "Seeing as how you are the one willing to learn, how about you attack me first."

He then stood calmly waiting for her to strike, he was already attempting to read her body language and stance, seeing where she was off balance, and how she could improve. He wondered if she would strike with her claws or teeth first. He also knew she couldn't change into a luperci, and therefore would not be able to strike him in that manner, which narrowed down her options significantly. That made her no less dangerous, but still easier for Ty to predict her strikes.

"the floor is yours Anya." He said with a chuckle. "Have at it!"
Anya snorted, letting the adrenaline rush through her body, and feinted an attack towards Ty's wounded paw.

She watched how Ty carried himself, even with his wounded paw, and attempted to copy that stance. The only way she would learn how to defend herself was to watch him, so that was what she was doing.

Anya watched carefully as Ty watched her, searching for weaknesses. She knew that he was favoring his paw slightly, and believed that she had attacked accordingly.
Ty read her muscle movements and saw the strike coming, and all at once his muscles moved in unison to defend himself. The coordination and timing Ty had was impressive, even for something like a simple defense of a feinted attack. With his good front paw, he reached out and batted the feint away, then backed away and re-took his position away from her, keeping a good distance. Too close, and she would grapple him, too far away, and neither one would be in a good spot. Ty wanted space to keep her from pressing an attack, as that was just bad for wolves unless he was the one pressing it.

Ty still didn't make a move, he wasn't ready to yet, he decided now that he would only strike out against her when he saw an opening big enough for a take down. Getting her on her back would inevitable end the fight, unless she had some good fighting talent on her back, and was able to hold her own. Very few wolves were though, and even fewer won when they had fallen. Ty continued to let Anya have the floor, his unyielding concentration and focus behind his eyes remained fixated on Anya, although they still occasionally measured the surroundings, making sure Ty wasn't backing himself into a corner or anything.
Anya grinned as she watched the male in front of her move gracefully to defend himself. His muscles bunched beautifully, and she gazed for a moment in openmouthed awe. If only she could move like that.

Anya shook her head to rid herself of thoughts that were not....proper...and dashed past Ty to nip at his tail. She figured that if she drove him into a corner....Anya rethought that quickly, rememberin how the puma had cornered Ty and had died. But the attack was done, and now all she could do was protect her flank.
Ty's wary and focused eyes darted along Anya's movement, reading every twitch her muscles made, her movement to his side, a smart move on her part. With his wounded paw it would be harder to maneuver in defense against a flank attack. However, Ty was still clever and wary, he had anticipated her movements before she made them, and his body began to react all at once, his muscles again acting in prefect coordination to defend himself from her nip.

His body twisted on a dime, following her as she went for the nip, but instead of his tail, Ty was ready to retaliate this time. As he twisted to follow her pass, he pushed his body forward into a full-body tackle, which would intercept her mid-dash. However, he also performed a move not many wolves would be prepared for, as he would connect with the tackle, if he did, he placed his front paw in front of Anya's in a quick, sweeping motion, attempting to trip her as he connected. the combination of the sweep and the tackle would send her onto her side, however only if he connected.
Anya almost made it to Ty's tail. But almost doesn't count except with horseshoes and hand grendades.... As Ty tackeld her, Anya registered that his paw was too close to hers to be accidentally tripping her. She rolled out of the tackle, grinning, and dashed towards him, aiming to slither under him. Not likely to work, but she could try.

She was breathing heavily, but Anya knew that Ty was having fun, and she was too. Not to mention that he could teach her a couple things after he got her on her back.
"Ah, good recovery!" Ty said with a chuckle as she tumbled away from his foot sweep. However, his chuckle turned to a disappointed but still cheerful look. "Oooohhh....but bad counter-attack I'm afraid." He said as he saw her diving in low. "A low dash like that only works if your enemy not paying attention or is wounded and staggering, using something like that now is only making your back vulnerable to do things like...this!"

Ty quickly crouched down slightly, coiling all his muscles before jumping right before Anya would reach him. He timed the jump so when he came down, he would land right on top of Anya. Of course, attempting to be gentle, he would not land on her with his paws, but simply with his belly, as his claws would dig into her back and hurt her. In other words, when he came down on her back, he pretty much did a pig pile maneuver. however, if she did move out of the way, he would be able to react quick enough to land on his feet.