She wants to be like the water
[html]I think we were going to have one a while back. If you don't want this one then I can make it AW :3

She was surprised when she saw it, its long neck bent down as it ate. She'd never seen one of these before, these huge hooved animals...they looked really strange! Empusa backed away slowly, so as not to frighten it, and watched it eat. What sort of animal was this? It was all brown with a white tail, and had a short set of horns on the top of its head. Were they used as weapons? She had teeth, but those horns...look out.

Empusa tried to make sure that she was downwind of the animal so that she could continue to watch it, her red eyes focused. She'd never be able to catch something this big to eat...but she could watch it and maybe find out if it had a weakness.[/html]
[html]

indent The deer had not noticed either of the canines watching it. Gabriel was laying in wait, feet digging into the ground below his feet. He hadn’t eaten in two days—the food he had caught went to Faolin and Arkham. Now, though, he was hungry and the buck, alone and skinny, was his. One foot followed the other and soon he was close enough. Without warning, the hybrid leapt into motion, startling the buck into revealing his throat. Gabriel jumped, bit down, and his weight pulled the beast down with him. The buck gasped and flailed, attempting to land blows on his body, but Gabriel danced through the stupid hooves and made sure to keep his grip on the high point of the throat. Unable to turn its head, the antlers weren’t a threat.
indent Finally, the buck thrashed violently once, lost consciousness, and soon after died. Gabriel tore into the flesh, eating quickly, still unaware of his assumed niece (who was, by all accounts, going to remain a true Lykoi—with her mother dead and her false father long gone) watching from the bushes.

[/html]
[html]

secretly falling apart

She was satisfied with just watching for now, to see what the beast would do; she wasn't expecting a huge, full-grown adult to come leaping out of the brush. What were the chances, that two of them would be watching the same animal? Empusa knew that she wasn't big enough to take down a deer all by herself, and she probably would never get big enough...so all that she did was continue to watch. Blood sprayed out in different directions and she suddenly felt a warmth on her forehead; some must have gotten onto her.

She was so entranced by the attack, watching the deer struggle for life, that she didn't notice it. Soon enough the attack was over, feet away from her, without her even having moved an inch. She wasn't surprised that she had not smelled Gabriel...she wasn't that good at telling scents apart yet...so she felt a little strange just sitting there. He would think that she hadn't wanted to help him bring the deer, down, surely. But really, she'd just been too shocked to move.

"Gabriel?" She hadn't had a real conversation with him since her acceptance, not by herself. The girl came slowly closer, aware that he was eating, keeping her distance but making sure that he knew who was speaking. Her tail curled beneath her belly and she kept low to the ground, laying a respectable distance away.

[/html]
[html]

indent No coyote was large enough to kill deer alone. Gabriel, though, was more wolf then anything else. He took after his father in size, and while the de le Poer line had produced less the perfect specimens, Gabriel’s size was taken from the same gene pool as his grandfathers. The only thing that truly displayed the fact he was not a wolf were his markings, and the build of his head. Both of these were oddities, but they were things that marked him apart from the wolves. For that, he was grateful.

indent The blood was all consuming, filling his senses. Meat and the wanted organs, chock full of vitamins, were swallowed bite after bite. It was not until the girl spoke that he was aware of her presence. At first, his reaction was a deep growl, a warning: this was his food. Only then did he see who it was, drawing his head up, and snorted blood from his nose. “Yeah?”

[/html]
[html]

secretly falling apart

"How? How did you do that?" He probably wouldn't want to talk to her, especially because he was eating, but she was terribly curious. She'd never seen anything like it before--never seen anyone take down such a big animal. How did he knew where to bite down at? Faolin had tried to show Empusa where to bite at before, but she'd ended up getting a whole lot of blood in her eyes, and had almost let the animal go. It almost seemed easier to fish, even if it was more work and less actual food. Fish bones were also a hazard.

"I 'ave never seen anything like zat before-what you did. I think I have only seen one of those animals before, ze big hooved ones, at ze clan hunt...but it took many to bring it down"

[/html]
[html]

indent He ate wolfishly, swallowing chunks of meat as he went, reveling in the feel of blood on his face. Even though, he listened to Empusa talk, and was aware of her presence clearly now. It was instinctual, and while that same instinct was viciously demanding he stop eating until she was gone, there was an overpowering need for nourishment. Only when she fell silent did he halt his consumption, lifting his head just slightly from the carcass. “It’s easier with a group,” he said shortly, pausing to lick his muzzle. “I used to live alone, so I learned how to kill on my own.”
indent And each time he hunted alone, it took energy and effort. Often, he was not successful. But winter, the great beast it was, winter slowed and weakened his targets. “What I did was simple—locked down on the highest point of the throat.” With this technique, the blood spray was directed more often then not to his chest. This was not to say he wasn’t covered in blood—to the contrary, his face and upper torso were nearly soaked through. Shrugging lightly, he sunk his teeth into a chunk of skin and ripped it back, diving into the muscle.

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

secretly falling apart

She wasn't sure how to act, being around a leader, especially the one that had denied her mother entrance into the clan. She could understand now, though, a little better than she had before...her mother had looked like a wolf. And her mother wasn't a part of the family, like Empusa believed herself to be. Gabriel didn't exactly look like a coyote, but he was the leader. No one would question him.

The youngster stretched out on the snow on her stomach nearby, her legs straight out behind her, watching. What a strange coyote Gabriel was. She didn't know a lot about him, and she doubted that he wanted to know anything about her...so she wasn't sure what to say now. "Now you live with Faolin, yes?--why did you decide to live with her?" Faolin had been the one to take her in, and Empusa often slept beside her or in the same room as her. Occasionally she would sleep in other places, but she always felt more comfortable with the matron there next to her.

[/html]
[html]

indent Her mother hadn’t been denied solely because she looked like a wolf. Gabriel didn’t trust her, and did not trust the way she spoke about his brother. Vitium had been many things, but he had never taken after a woman. White fur did not suit well against the sand, and would have hindered them during hunts, war, and such. She was a target. She was a threat. Gabriel, despite his un-coyote like appearance, had earned his place here.
indent “Because she’s my mate,” he stated bluntly, finally filling up. He lifted his head, licked the excess blood from his face, and stepped away, burying his muzzle in the snow. It cleaned it off well enough, and with his belly now full, the hybrid settled in another patch of snow. The snow, as it began to melt under his heat, turned red. “You can have whatever’s left of that,” he offered.

[/html]
[html]

Does my font look huge to you? It looks ginormus on this computer x_x
secretly falling apart

She had spent the beginning part of her puppyhood away from others, being cared for by her mother in the Subway in the human city, so she didn’t know a lot about coyote etiquette. She knew enough to be able to speak with someone and show the right kind of body posture, but there were something things about her father’s kind that she did not understand.

Empusa rose at the offer, going to the carcass and tearing a large chunk out. She licked at it as she spoke. ”I see. I have not seen this happening before, anywhere else—I did not ever see ze one who fathered me. Always just Mama.” She supposed that it was possible for two people to like spending time with each other; that was why they took the next step, mateship. It was more complicated than that, but it was all that she could understand for now. ”It is certain feelings that you have for her?”

Empusa had a few friends, among them a young wolf from Clouded Tears, Beppe. She loved being around him, playing with him in the snow. But that wasn’t the same thing as what Gabriel and Faolin did. Did they play together too?

She ate for a little while then returned back to the place where she’d been sitting. If she could learn to shift she’d have a much easier time at hunting or fishing…but she had no idea how to change into that two legged form. Beppe could, though, and he was only a few months older than her. She wanted to learn, to show him that she could do it too. She wanted to know everything that he knew. "Lately I have been trying to do vot you can do--ze changing..but it is difficult. Is it not right for someone of my age? I should be older, and then I will be able to?"

[/html]
[html]

indent Gabriel frowned. His niece talked far too much for his liking, though he often dealt with Faolin in the same way. Shifting his weight in the snow and ignoring the urge for a cigarette, he shrugged. “Yes, I suppose so.” His tone indicated he did not want to elaborate. What exactly he felt for the woman carrying his children was personal. “You’ll understand that when you’re older.” It felt like he was lying when he said that, but she would. Eventually.

indent As she explained her situation, his eyes darkened and turned cloudy. Rikka had been unable to shift. Perhaps Empusa just had bad genes. “You’re what, eight months old? You should be able to. It takes work, and practice,” he paused, tail curling around his side. “But some people have more trouble with it then others.”

[/html]
[html]

secretly falling apart

She took this in, biting her lip when she thought it over. Mother had been able to shift, but she had never met Vitium, so she didn't know...maybe it wouldn't work if one of her parents could and one couldn't. But then, Gabriel would know that answer--wouldn't he? "Vitium--he could?" She inquired.

Empusa really wanted to learn how to shift, so that she would be able to play with Beppe better. She often ventured over to Clouded Tears to seek out her playmate, the black Lehrling. The wolves' ranks were so confusing to her, so unlike the Inferni ranks...she didn't really know what it meant to be a Lehrling. She just assumed that he had a slight dominance over her on his lands, and her over him in Inferni. But they'd never come to Inferni.

"Your first time was difficult?"

[/html]
[html]

indent The hybrid’s muzzle twitched slightly at the mention of his brother’s name, a subconscious action in which he nearly showed his teeth. Vitium was one of the few to be exiled from Inferni, though it was for a reason that he alone had created. Vitium helped a wolf. Of all the sins of Inferni, that was the greatest. “Yes, he could,” he said shortly, clearly unwilling to talk about her father. Flicking one ear in a shrug, he cast a sideways glance in her direction. “I didn’t have much of a problem with it, no.” Of course, when these things were triggered by trauma, things were slightly different.

[/html]