Been Gone For Awhile, What's New?
[html]

OOC: I love how I explained my absence IC'ly!

Maldrid had been gone into the wilderness for quite some time now. This surprised him greatly; perhaps there was a part of him that really did love the solitude the wilderness had to offer. He had left for the wilderness without notice to the Crimson Dreams leadership for reasons he didn't quite know yet. Maldrid hoped that there wouldn't be any lasting grudges formed because of this. The last thing that he needed upon his return was hostility in a pack that had welcomed him with open arms when he first arrived.

Granted, his stay was only for a few short weeks. He didn't know the members of the pack too well and he hadn't been around any of them much either. It was a mystery to him if any of the pack really knew who he was. It was going to change for the better, Maldrid resolved. He'd make a name for himself in this pack with his talents. He'd get to know the members more so that he'd feel more at home.

He was now in his lupine form, which was best for travel. He still had his lute and recorder with him, his recorder around his neck and his lute strapped to his back. He ran through the territory of the Crimson Dreams and arrived back at the manor. He sighed to himself, shifted to optime, and walked inside. He didn't have any way of knowing who or what would greet him and in the manner that he'd be greeted.

[/html]
[html]

If there was one thing Anu was good at, it was planting flowers. Tending to the small blades of grass, plucking weeds and water the bright buds was a passion and a past time. She dove head first into the hobby and now it had become a job of her's. The grounds that surrounded Haven Manor were pristine and each flower bed and hedge had been weeded and trimmed. Anu looked at each with an experienced eye, noting which would be the first to grow out again and what flower bed could use replanting. Long clippers hung heavily in her hand, and it took significant effort to lift them onto the counter of the kitchen.

It was a bright day, the sun shinning after another passing rain storm. The light shone though the large windows, and Anu pressed the soil down into the pot that she had found. The manor would be filled with flowers, the scent of them filling each hallway. The blue eyes female smiled, almost not noticing the sound of the opening door. Carrying the pot and plant she met the gaze of another wolf. "Hello", she spoke presently.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: One more week until I can post daily! Also Maldrid hasn't met Anu yet. Just FYI =)

Maldrid met the eyes of the female. "Hello there," Maldrid said with a smile. He looked around the parlor and saw that there were flowers being placed around the area. He took in the smell and thought it to be very pleasant. This was a change he hadn't been expecting, but it was still a good sight to see. The color was so inviting and made him feel alive and well.

"It seems this place has been through some changes," Maldrid said in a friendly tone. He then continued to look around at the flowers. From the look of things This female was the one who was currently working on putting the flowers around the manor. He was now suddenly interested in if there were other changes in the month that he was gone, but those things could wait for now.

[/html]
[html]

i was pretty sure about that... xD but not certain, lol

They needed flowers, the scent of pollen and spring in the mansion during the dank and dreary days of rain that never seemed to end. In the mornings she would descend the stairs and talk to each a she passed them to take her morning walk. Before patrolling the borders she would greet each of them with a passing smile. A smile their colorful faces induced in her. Blue eyes looked at the male, whose scent spoke of their pack and yet of his absence. She smiled at his greeting, speaking softly as was her normal voice. “It has.”

The changes had been drastic. Placing the pot in a table by the front entrance Anu looked at it for a long moment before going back to the male. Blue eyes looked to him, “I don’t think we’ve met.” And she knew tht they hadn’t, “I’m Anu.”

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hooray! I can post every day again!

Maldrid was still looking around the room at the flowers in place. Thinking to himself that change can happen so quickly. In just one month of absence the whole atmosphere was made anew. Perhaps he'd find out more of what had transpired in the course of his brief nostalgia for the wilderness.

Maldrid's attention was directed towards the female. She had introduced herself and Maldrid thought it only polite to introduce himself as well. "No we haven't, I'm Maldrid. I was added to the pack only recently." Maldrid reached out his paw to shake.

[/html]
[html]

yayy!

One Savina must have greeted, or even Naniko. This were so busy that Anu and Savina had little time to talk. Their bond was not hurt by the lack of conversation, for their minds tread the same path. She had settled into the role of the Commander's hand, one that played out the laws of the pack. Yet, rules or laws were not always the right description. It was a mindset, a way of morals that they led by. Honesty, caring. That was what they asked of their members. Acceptance, was another.. She smiled at the male, "A pleasure Maldrid.". The words said as she turned the pot the way she liked it best.

Blue eyes looked at the male once more, "You have missed quite a bit. Savina now leads us, Naniko was found with drugs." Anu explained, her tone dry. It didn't please she to speak about it, still. It was important though, for each to know. "It was a unhappy day, but the pack only survives if we move forward." her smile returned as she said the words. Yes, it was time to move along.

Moving forward in more then one way, "What have you there?" She asked as she looked to the thing tied to his neck.

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid listened to what has changed and was generally indifferent to the issue. He had only been with the pack for just under two months before he went out on his own again. He hadn't had much time to develop any real ties to the pack yet. Maldrid wanted to change that. He wanted to get to know more people. Being social was something of a luxury to him during that period of time.

Maldrid's head perked up when he heard Anu talk about the recorder around his neck. "This thing," Maldrid said as he took his instrument off of his neck, "is a recorder. It is something I use to play music in my free time." He then began to play a rather cheery melody that filled the room.
/

[/html]
[html]

He had no words for her on the topic, and at first it bothered Anu. This was their structure, their history. The one that built them was gone, and if she was coming back was unknown to the second in command. But then a realization washed over her. The member was new, and lost to the happenings of old and new. It matter not who claimed law in these lands, he seemed to only hope to live among comfort and peace. It was a smart beast that stood aside and watched for change, understand the workings of the pack before adding their voice to it's chorus. Her smile did not fade, and looked to the wooded instrument. The male took it up, playing a few tunes that widened her smile. "Do you play often?" she wondered aloud.

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid played some more music before finally stopping to reply to what Anu had said, "I play as often as I can. It is a great outlet for emotions that could be pent up inside yourself. I've been playing music for quite some time now." Maldrid's thoughts drifted back to the time when he was learning how to play music. He wasn't just schooled in these two instruments, but rather a variety. The lute and the recorder were what Maldrid prefered to play over other instruments.

"From my brief time here I have only heard of one other who plays music in the pack. Though silence can be refreshing, even a comfort, I think that music should be heard around more often. It would be another pleasant change in the atmosphere. You've done a good job yourself with providing color to the manor," Maldrid said in a complementing tone.

[/html]
[html]

She nodded. An outlet? Anu wondered what she did that was her outlet for emotion. Gardening was something that brought peace and distracted her, along with many other things. But her emotions still remained once she was finished. Only fighting or hunting took the pain of memories and she didn't do those things often. "I agree." She spoke with a smile. Music would be nice to have, and if there was more then one to play then their could be a band of sorts.

"Thank you. Its too dreary outside, and gardening in the rain is not a pleasure... So, I brought in doors." Another grin, and a finger went to the petals of one of flowers in the pot she had set aside. A though roamed her brain she could not be trapped. "What took you away, was it your music?"

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid thought about what she asked for a moment. He didn't know entirely the answer to that himself. It was a strange thing, deciding to go out into the wilderness again. The one thing he did know was that if it happened once, it would happen again. This little thought concerned him a little bit. He didn't want to have random fits of longing for the wilderness again. He concluded to himself that he'd let the leadership of the pack know before he'd leave.

"I don't know exactly why I left. That is the problem, though, I think that I might have random longings for the wilderness again even though I didn't enjoy most of my time alone. It is strange to me," Maldrid said. He hoped that those longings would not get in the way of meeting more of the pack. Maldrid concluded that some of those longings would have to be suppressed. It should not happen often.

[/html]
[html]

Anu was not too artistic. Passionate about her gardening and knowledgeable indeed, yet her eye for color was not perfect. Neither did the sound of the large piano perk her ears and inspire her. There was a certain talent that just came with certain souls. She was aware of her daughter’s knack for paints and brushes, but Anu did not see as Mati did. She could figure that she didn’t hear as Maldrid did. One’s muse could take them anywhere it wanted to go, and wouldn’t judge him for hearing the call his talent heard and following it.

She was surprised though, to find that he was just a simple wanderer. “I know that feeling. In years past I couldn’t be settled in one place.” She spoke with a small smile. She moved down the hallway slightly, drawing him to follow with her eyes and voice. “It sounds like you might have something on your mind.” Anu commented, though it was not her intension to pry it from him. “Seeking solitude can help reveal it, but so could seeking company.” Anu had known that as well. Alone she could sit with her thoughts, but at times her mind didn’t want to open up to itself. At times it was while she spoke to another that her mind could not lock itself, and understanding could be found.

[/html]
[html]

"Yes, seeking company might help with that. It might help me understand what might make me think that the wilderness is the place I need to be. It is still something foreign. I do not know whether or not I will completely understand it. Only time with tell," Maldrid said. Maldrid wasn't worried about how long it'll take to discover his feelings about this issue. Time had no meaning on some matters. One sometimes just had to wait awhile for the answer to come to them.

All you had to remember was that time had no meaning. If one could come to that conclusion quickly they were far better off than being impatient for an answer. Impatience could only bring misfortune, but then again if something was rather urgent and the best course of action would be to get it as quickly as possible, a certain amount of impatience would be necessary. Not for this matter. Maldrid could wait until that time came.

[/html]
[html]

Time might have no meaning to some, but to others ignoring time only meant missing life. Death would not wait for them to decide whether they were ready to live or let life pass them by. One needed to know the moments that created their life depended on time, depended on hours and minutes. As long as one might wait, letting answers come at their own speed found themselves aged and not any wiser.

“I hope that you settle in the manor, find your place.” She assumed that he had yet to find a true place to stay within the back, it was always harder to leave when you had taken root. She smiled, softly as if to accept him all over again. He might not feel that he had been gone, but with the changes that had occurred and things that had been missed he returned to a placed changed and new.

[/html]
OOC: I'm going to say it's safe to assume this thread is completed.