Love 101
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
AW :]

She leaned against the outer wall of the lighthouse, trying to get the tobacco stick to burn. It took a few times before the girl could keep the match lit for more than a couple of seconds; she hadn't realized that the wind would be so strong up here. Her lips turned up into a smile when the end caught and she took a deep breath of smoke, holding it for a few seconds before she let it out. She'd discovered cigarettes a week or two before while exploring the city. She'd seen the writing on the package, mentions of the word "smoking". So she'd tried setting the things on fire. After a while Addison had gotten the hang of it, and did the smoking thing at least a few times a day. It helped with some things.

The now-adult had shifted for the first time the night before, while near the Dahlia border, and she'd finally managed to walk back to Phoenix Valley. Her legs had still been a little shaky as she'd made her way up the winding staircase to the top of the lighthouse, and she turned back to lean against the wall once more to give them a little more of a break, the end of her stick now lit. She went to Dahlia every few days to look for him, the male that she'd met a week earlier. She couldn't help it. She wanted to see him more and more, to get on his nerves and follow him around places. Addison didn't care that he was her uncle by adoption. She just wanted to see him once more. One more time.

She breathed the smoke in a few more times, looking out over the sea. It had rained earlier that morning but now it looked clear, the sun out overhead. The sea looked calm as well, waves rolling over and over themselves gently as they reached the shore. She'd head back down pretty soon...but for now she would stand and enjoy the tobacco stick and the view.

[/html]
Ty's wounds from the fight with the mountain lion were all but gone nowadays, and Ty was out again for exploration. He'd been resting for a few weeks, and never really finished exploring all of Pheonix Valley. But that was all in the past now, and ty was ready to find new places to visit. He found one today on the coastline, a place he had never really explored back when he lived here so long ago, when he was but a small pup living under the wing of his father and Jefferson. The cool ocean breeze and the roar of the waves were a welcoming sight though, too many times had Ty seen these kinds of waters during his mercenary days, sometimes even before a fight. He reminisced about those days of war and profit, and the memories and experiences he gained form that type of work.

However, something caught his eye nearby, a large tower that he had seen a few times before, but usually didn't pay attention to until now. usually lighthouses had lights in them, but apparently the one in this area was all but abandoned. The dark and rusty old tower stood defiant among it's natural surroundings as the one structure of a race long gone that was left behind on this beach, the one last reminder of their influence here. But it was not just the structure itself that caught his eye. Upon closer inspection, he could see something very small at the top, a light? Was someone up there? His nose could faintly pick up the scent of smoke, so, without much else to do, Ty began to climb up to the top of the lighthouse.

When he did make it closer to the top, he began to soften his footsteps, so as not to make himself known to the person at the top, for all he knew, it could be an intruder, so sneaking was a viable option. When he got to the top, he found himself surprised to see a wolf he did not know sitting there, smoking a cigarette. The wolf was obviously female, he could tell by her trim and fit female figure, but what was she doing up here? Most likely just enjoying the scenery, that was Ty's assumption, but one could never be too sure. Deciding now that she wasn't a threat, Ty spoke out to the unknown female. "You know...smoking isn't the greatest habit." He said with a chuckle.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

With the summer heat her short fur had been a blessing, but back when she had first arrived to Phoenix Valley it had been far from that. She'd been a young pup, only two months old, found nearly frozen in the snow. Jefferson had been the one to discover her, and had adopted her a few months later, naming her as one of his children. He had other kids, and she'd met one of them...but now most of them had left. Miriette? She thought that was his other daughter's name.

Addison would have seen her packmate approaching had she been on the side of the lighthouse that faced the land...but as it was, with the crashing sound that the waves made, she couldn't hear him. She only noticed him when he came all the way up the staircase and into her view. The girl tried to stand a little straighter but failed, and leaned back against the side of the structure once more. How pitiful...she wouldn't even be able to evade him if the conversation got annoying or if she felt she wanted to leave for some reason.

"I saw you at the pack meeting, I think." She said, bypassing his comment about smoking. So far nothing had happened to her from smoking them...and they really did make her feel better. "But I don't know your name. You're Davinci's kid, right? I think he gave me some of your old toys when I was little..." She rubbed out her tobacco stick on the side of the white building, putting the end of it into the little bag that sat beside her. "I'm Addison D'angelo-Soul."
[/html]
Ty of course had been joking about the smoking thing, he wasn't really intending to make her stop, it was just an interesting way to start up conversation. Upon hearing that she had seen him before, Ty smiled and replied in kind. "Well it's always a pleasure to meet a new face, but yes, I do believe I have seen you before as well at the pack meeting.." Smiling politely he walked over and sat down next to the she-wolf, extending his hand to her as he sat. "I'm Tyrone Trenton Nasphrite, but you can call me Ty." He chuckled lightly about the toys. "Well then, I'm glad they were used while i was away, I'll be sure to go home and reclaim them all." He then gave off another chuckle as he situated himself.

Ty didn't really know what to think of Addison yet, but if she was like everyone else here at the valley, then she'll be a fine person to get along with. He had to pick his words carefully though, as not all people were so easy to talk to, so he decided to open with some easy questions, stuff that wasn't personal. "You know...I didn't even know there was a lighthouse out here until today...shows how much I know about Phoenix valley." He chuckled lightly as he scratched the back of his head and stared out into the ocean, listening to the roar of the waves below.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She did have some troubles telling when someone was kidding with her and when they weren't. The girl had grown up without too many friends, mostly tagging along behind an adult or two and watching whatever they were doing, so she didn't know how to react to wolves who were around her own age. Was he even a wolf? She gave him a good look-over, trying to see. He did look somewhat wolf-like...but at the same time he looked very different from her. She was a pure-wolf, with no other creatures mixed in. Her mother had been mostly arctic wolf. But Ty's fur was a big longer and shaggier than hers, his facial features differing as well. It wasn't a big deal to her--there were mixed-breed wolves everywhere--but she did find it interesting.

She realized that he was kidding about the toys as he sat down, and she slid down to take a seat as well. This new form put a real strain on her body; she was healed from her confrontation with Halo and Halo's rats, but some scars still twinged every now and again. The most noticable were on her stomach and outer thighs, where they had chewed away on her. She was also getting used to standing on two legs and balancing, as well as trying to gain muscle in her thighs and calves. "Oh yeah? I know a lot about the Valley...I wasn't born here, but this is where I was taken when Jefferson found me. He encouraged me to stay inside the packlands...I didn't get out too much. So I did learn about where everything was. Were you born here?

His eyes were odd, much like her own, which was another interesting thing. She tried to look at them without him noticing, glancing away if he looked toward her. Addison had one blue and one gold eye, while her sibling Apollo had been given one blue eye and one eye that was split down the middle, blue and gold. If she was remembering right.
[/html]
[html]
Ty nodded at her question about where he lived, a small humble smile creeping across his face. "Yes...yes I was born here." He said with another nod. "Course...I wasn't here very long....two months in my life at most, then I was swept away...i just came back a few months ago." He admitted, scratching his chin. I guess that's--hehe--why I don't know much of the area." He then chuckled a slightly embarrassed chuckle, still feeling silly about not knowing his own homeland, which is almost humiliating to admit for Ty, how could one not know his own birthplace like it was the back of his hand?

Nevertheless, Ty turned his attention to the woman's movements and figure, his eyes noticed how shaky, wary, awkward her motions were. the fingers weren't right, her back wasn't upright, her body contorted slightly. Ty knew many wolves who had gone through this transformation, she had just become a luperci. Chuckling lightly, he looked up to her face, noticing she was staring directly into his eyes, the same stare he got from everyone the first time he met them, right into his blue-golden eyes. He gave an understanding nod as he closed his eyes, then pointed at his own eyes and said "they've been liked this as long as I can remember, so don't worry about staring, I think they are unique..." He observed that she had multicolored eyes as well, and added in. "I can see that you have somewhat of the same condition.

Ty's eyes then wandered down to something that had caught his eyes before, but he hadn't said anything. He could see now pretty clearly that she had been wounded recently. There were scars, bite marks, all over her thighs and stomach. Though, now that Ty realized that looking in that downward angle could be awkward, so he quickly explained himself. You...you've been injured recently." He observed. Ty knew the wounds were fairly fresh as Ty himself was covered with many different scars, slashes, bitemarks, and other assorted wounds. He then asked her "What happened?...If that's not too bold to ask."
[/html]
[html]

She'd gotten into a lot of trouble when she was little, and was likely going to repeat the pattern as she got older. She needed some excitement in her life every once in a while, anyway. "I'm thinking about heading down from here--I keep thinking I might fall over the edge, and I'm kind of afraid of heights anyway...You want to come down with me? She inquired. She hadn't met too many of her packmembers, which she felt a little guilty about. Addison listened as he told her of his history as well, about why he did not know much about Phoenix Valley. They were opposites, with him having been born here and moving away...and her being born someplace else and moving here.

"My brother had an eye like that. I think he disappeared, though. Haven't seen him in a while. But he wasn't in her family. Either way, it was peculliar, his eyes. At the question about the marks she looked down, poking at one of them with a finger. "I was attacked by rats. A lady let them all out, and locked me in with them."
[/html]
[html]
"Hmmm....alright." Ty responded as he got up slowly. He then offered his hand to her, giving her some stability to stand up. He didn't mind helping her out, this new pack mate so far seemed like a nice gal. Friendly, rambunctious, though she was probably going to take issue with substances, he enjoyed her company. Although he shared very little of his past, she seemed to understand as much as he gave, that and he realized that rambling on and on about his past ended up just boring folks, he wasn't much to share anything unless someone really began to prod at his past.

"Your brother's probably just out and about, I still haven't met everyone in the valley, it's a big place after all." Ty replied with a small chuckle. When she told him about her wounds, he frowned in discontent and worry. "Rats? Who the hell keeps rats in a room? And uses them to attack wolves no less? What kind of person does that?" He said with distaste. "People just get crazier and crazier....I hope you're alright though."
[/html]
[html]

She didn't know what other kinds of drugs were out there; so far, these cigs were Addison's only addiction. She wasn't interested in a drug that would change her personality or run her out of her pack, as had happened to another member of her family. Well...extended family. Addison knew that she had a relative in the Crimson Dreams pack, but it was rumored that she was not the leader there any more for drug related reasons. A cousin of hers...or something. Addison's grandmother was the wolf Misery D'angelo, and that was Naniko's great aunt.

"Maybe. I hope so...It would be sad if I only got to see him once. Meet him once." She didn't know what type of person would do that to a wolf. She crossed her arms when they reached the ground, running her fingers over one of the scars. "It was a coyote...she smelled like Inferni." She explained. "I got tricked into it--she told me she was lost, and needed help finding her way. I'm doing ok...I just won't go near the coyotes if I can help it. Have you ever run into any coyotes?"
[/html]
[html]
"Hmhm...I think you'll see your brother again, nobody forgets their siblings." He then scratched his chin and began to think about his sister, where had she gone anyway? She used to be here on the valley, but she just up and vanished. At first, Ty paid no mind, but now that he hadn't seen her for a while, he was concerned. But she was a big girl, and could make her own decisions, Ty could only hope that one day he saw her again. He turned to Addison and smiled kindly, trying to reassure her.

When she told him about the rat-owning coyote, he frowned. An inferni who attacks using rats? Why was she like that? This was something Ty would be interested to investigate. However, he realized she asked him if he ever met a coyote replied, to which he replied. "Why yes...I have met many coyotes, I've worked with a lot of them as well." He then looked to the sky. "Although, the only one I've talked to here in the valley was a young inexperienced coyote, a friendly little guy too." He chuckled lightly as he turned back to Addison and shrugged. "But...at things would appear, here in nova scotia, the wolves and coyotes don't seem to get along."
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She had noticed that the wolves and coyotes didn't seem to get along here. Phoenix Valley itself had been in the middle of some drama with them...with Davinci, if she remembered right. She didn't know much about it, only that the silvery hybrid had been causing some kind of a problem. But then, they were coyotes. They were probably exaggererating whatever was happening over there.

"I don't really care for coyotes...all the ones I've met have been stupid or mean. I'd be fine with all of them gone." She said. She looked back toward the area they'd come from, then at the ocean. "Did you come out here for a purpose? I just came to look at the water and think, myself."

[/html]
[html]
He frowned quizzically when Addison spoke her mind about the coyotes around here. Stupid and mean? That's not the vibe he got from the little canine friend he met not too long ago. Did he just get a good first impression? Were the pack coyotes around here those kind of people? No, Ty couldn't just judge them on that kind of basis, that wasn't his style. He knew there were people who simply made their kind look bad, but Ty would not judge an entire species on one's mistakes. Placing his hand on her shoulder, he simply replied. "Well, perhaps you don't give them enough of a chance, or I give them too many chances, who knows really?"

When asked about what he was doing out here by the beach as they finished descending the lighthouse and were now on the coast side. "I don't have much to do besides watch the boarders." Ty explained as he walked with her. "I got bored, and missed the smell of the sea, so I came over here to see what the beach was like, I didn't know we had a lighthouse here, that's pretty extraordinary." once he caught what she had mumbled at the end, he turned to her and asked. "Think? About what?" His golden blue colored eyes scanning her up and down in case she fell, many new hybrids did fall trying to learn how to stand, and Ty would catch her if need be.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

"About someone I met. He's a relative of mine, I guess...my dad's brother. But there's something about him that I really like."She admitted. It wasn't something that she would tell to just anyone...she wasn't sure if she would see Ty again in the future or not, though. And who would he tell? "We're not blood-related, though. Jefferson adopted me." So it was okay for her to feel that way, wasn't it? She wanted to see him all the time; but he was so beautiful it made her eyes hurt to look at him sometimes.

She managed to stay steady on her feet and she took a few more steps forward. "Have you ever felt that way about somebody? Like you wanted to be with them all the time?" Her mismatched eyes fell upon him, looking at him curiously as she waited for a reply.

[/html]
[html]
"Oh? An attraction with a would-be relative?" Ty asked with a smirk, he had heard of a few attractions like that, and if they weren't actually relatives, then it might be okay. His eyes darted back to the girl as he replied. "Well...I don't think it would hurt you to give it a shot, who knows? It could blossom into a good relationship, if you're already close to him, then it shouldn't be that hard to keep it going." Of course, Ty hadn't totally thought about the family turmoil that would cause, but if she liked someone enough to think about it, she was going to try regardless of what he said, so why not encourage her?

When asked about if he ever had felt that way, he replied after a brief silence, thinking if he had ever felt that way about anyone. when he did come to the realization, he spoke it with a rather solemn and discontented tone. "Well....no, I don't think I have..." He replied with a sigh and a nod, it was true, he'd never really fallen for any woman, which was kind of depressing for him. To never know what it was like to love a woman, it was an empty feeling, like he had something missing.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

It had to be wrong, right? To like someone who was supposed to be family. But she couldn't help it; every time she saw him she felt like her heart was going to leap out of her chest. She had to act on it soon before he went and picked someone else, if she was going to act on it at all. She had to decide that, too. Ugh. So many decisions. Talking to Ty about it right now seemed all right...she really wanted to get it all off her chest.

"I'm not really close to him yet...but I want to be. I need to find out what he likes so that I can start getting him whatever it is." She decided. "I'm sure you'll meet somebody someday too...you seem friendly enough." She looked out into the rest of Phoenix Valley, then back at Ty. "You want to help me try and catch something to eat? I haven't hunted in this form...I think I'd be horrible at it."

[/html]
[html]
"Heh...that's what I keep telling myself sweetheart." Ty said with a scoff as he looked out into the ocean. "But that's not giving me any luck." He chuckled with a nod as he looked back to her. He joked about it, but he was beginning to feel a bit lonely, not over catastrophic, but kind of disheartening. However, he was still young, and he knew that he still had a chance to find love someday, but patience was a factor, Ty couldn't wait forever after all, he was a young adult, not a child. However, he shrugged off the thoughts and returned to the conversation at hand, it was her love life they were talking about, not his.

However, the conversation switched to hunting, apparently the girl wanted to hunt in luperci form. He thought aboutit for a second, then nodded "Hmmm...sure, I'll help you hunt, you're still on new legs after all." He smiled lightly as he prepared to go in the woods. However, he paused to look at Addison curiously, asking her. "Uhhh....are we going to hunt small game or big game?" He looked back to the woods as he spoke. "I'm guessing small game because there is only two of us, but hey, some people feel risky in luperci form."
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She was eager for the day that she would be able to shift back down. This form felt unnatural and strange to her, and she would be happy to be able to get back on four legs again. Everything about four legs felt right and secure...it was the way she had been born and the way the Gods wanted her to be, she felt. She wouldn't share those feelings with someone else, though, about the Gods. She didn't know who else believed. And she definitely wouldn't tell anybody how uncomfortable she was in this form and that she was stuck in it.

Sweetheart, huh? He was probably only a little older than her, if at all..."I'm nobody's sweetheart. Not yet anyway. I'll tell you how it goes, once things get going." She considered the options, big or small game, and bit her lip. She was really hungry, but it was probably better to go for something a little smaller. "Maybe a couple of hares? Or a boar or something?"

[/html]
"What?...oh! no, that's no what I meant--" Ty began when she seemed to get slightly defensive for him calling her sweetheart. He didn't mean anything by it, he just sometimes gave people names like that. However, he decided it wasn't worth the effort to explain and said "Oh nevermind, sure, some boar or hares are good...except for the fact that boars are REALLY hard to find here in the valley, or really anywhere around here, so hares are the better option." He then watched her wobble for a second before asking. "But those things are notoriously agile, are you sure you can hunt now that you've just learned how to switch to werewolf form?" Ty knew the big fancy names for the transformations, but really, he didn't like to say them, and he preferred to give them slang terms, simpler and easier to say without mispronouncing or sounding like a scientific pompous ass. He referred to them as wolf, werewolf, and in-betweener for the secui form.

He felt that Addison wouldn't be ready for a hunt, but he knew some wolves adapted to the changes rather quickly. However, he never had this issue, as he had the ability to shift from birth. He had no idea what it must feel like to gain it during the middle of one's life, or what it would be like to adapt to it. He'd seen others gain it, but he always had it, making it as much a part of him as any other body function, coming naturally to him like breathing. Poor Addison now had to figure out how having two legs worked, and that would be a difficult task indeed.
[html]
ooc: my apologies for lateness

She wanted to get on the hunt right away, so she could fill her belly up and head home. This trip was enough for her for today, getting used to these legs and all...she was already tired, but her hunger overrode that, giving her purpose and drive. She was going to learn how to use these legs if it was the last thing she did; she couldn't have some random stranger (well...someone she'd just met) providing her supper when she was perfectly capable. She just needed some practice!

"Whatever. What else is there? I hunted mostly...hares, birds, small deer, and boar before. We could make some kind of a trap to get the hares, maybe. Do you think?" She asked. If she wasn't fast enough to catch them herself, then maybe she could trick them into catching themselves!

[/html]
Western:
[html]
Forgive mine and we will call it even Big Grin

Nodding, Ty agreed with her idea to use traps. "Yes, a trap should work, do you have n idea for the trap or should I do it?" He asked her. "I don't mean to pester you of course, I've just seen people having issues when they change at first." He sighed, he wasn't making his case very well, she was probably annoyed with him. He was usually good at being friendly, but she wasn't quite open. However, he could just be reading the situation wrong, but she didn't seem all that happy to be talking to another person right now.

Of course, leaving now would just be inappropriate, so perhaps he'd stick around for the little hunt. While he had just ate, eating again wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, another rabbit or two would simply fill his stomach just a little bit more. Looking around, he began to search for bait, some kind of wild fruits or veggies a rabbit would like to eat, or some sort of trap for it.
[/html]