The Dirt Whispered
[html]
p, for Mr. Vigilante Haskel xD

It rained, and rained again. The clouds never seemed to part, and the sun was all but lost forever behind their veil. Things had changed, but now a routine was forming. It felt good, one thing after another until the day was done and starting all over again in the rebirth of another clouded and shadowed day. Mornings of chores, afternoons of finding company or indulging in the search of a hobby. Heath like it, the simplicity of it. The comfort was welcomed after months (though they seemed each a year long) of being alone. He hadn’t been raised outside of a pack, and so the nature of it came to him easily.

To escape the rain the male had thought of the city, its crumbling buildings a haven of sorts. As the male walked past the broken windows of a bottle filled shop he remembered it as a place of vice, but he was sure he could fine something other then the booze that he had craved. He had never thought it an addiction, but as he thought back on it the hybrid began to crave the taste and the feeling, a craving that spoke of a necessity. The male didn’t want to need anything, not in that way. Depending on it, he wanted to be stronger then that.

The honey eyed male made his way to the center, where the large stone building sat. Peaceful eyes looked over the giants that guarded the entrance. Standing before the large stair case Heath remembered the first time he had ventured here. He remembered it briefly, before looking closely at the statues. The massive lions that roared before the building of books were worn by time and weather, their features no longer sharp and vicious. The male could have laughed at their pathetic attempt to scare off those that, what? Wished to steal their books? The coy male grinned, and petted one on its head, knowing that they wouldn’t stop him.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

Sorry for the wait; had a rough couple of days and forgot I needed to reply. ^^; 325 words.

ic -

It had been some time since Vigilante had ventured outside of the pack lands, but it was not for any particular reason; he merely had no reason to go to the city. However, with the heavy rain that had been falling off and on for what felt like forever - and this was coming from someone who was very used to waiting for things he needed to do - he had come to feel as though the pack lands were suffocating him. The lack of something to do was bothering him, so rather than spend another day doing what felt like taking up space, the dog man had decided to take a walk into the city. He had spent some time wandering there, but nothing interesting had happened.

The buildings were large, looming over him menacingly. Despite how long he had been here, seeing human things and learning about the ruins of the humans before them, Vigilante still grew nervous around the human-related buildings. Perhaps it was just his general wary nature, always keeping an ear and an eye open for anything dangerous around the corner. It was how he was raised, how he had been trained to live his life. One could denounce their profession, but to rid one's self of their very nature was damn well near impossible.

A figure ahead caught his attention, and Vigilante watched as the man approached the stone building with the large, stone felines on either side of the entrance. He could not read, and did not know what the large building was for, but the lions intrigued him. Why had the humans put them on their buildings? As well as the lions, Vigilante was also intrigued by the man. Coming closer, he nodded certainly, knowing his nose was not lying. "You're of my pack, but we have not met, have we? I am Vigilante Haskel," he offered, standing beside the man and looking at the stone creatures.

[/html]
[html]
no worries at all!
300+

Heath had felt a certain restlessness. It was shameful to admit, for the home that his pack had made for him was comfortable and pleasant. Even though he smelled of horses Heath could wake after a good night’s sleep and find that a smile wasn’t hard to congure. The ones that he lived among were even more wonderful then the accomidations. Haven was a friend for certain, their leader and King was a kind soul that understood that not ever beast was perfection, and he himself was far from it. And his mind was never far from the woman that had caught hold of his wandering heart. They were dogs, and mongrols of all sorts and Heath fit beside them nicely.

And yet his body, his mind found that the road called to him. The shadow of a tree, a cave of stone, and the rotten roof of a dilapidated house were his only homes the months past. There were cold when his new home was warm. In company and space. His heart called for adventure, and this day he would only satisfy the very crest of the urge. With books and knowledge of how to live his new life, and the sight and smells of the city. To curve the hunger and hopefully wean himself away from the need.

His nose twitched, the inhale calling the presence of another. Heath did not move, though his form tensed with the knowledge of the others approach. When the voice spoke he turned her face smoothly to the stranger’s face. He spoke truth, honesty and openness that Heath could certainly appreciate while in unclaimed territory. His name was one Heath though interesting, not the normal Joe or Harry. He wondered if it was as true and honest as his words. “ Heath.” Her spoke only his call name, leaving out the last most of the time. His tone was welcoming, “Its nice to meet you Vigilante.” The energy that he gave was one Heath could understand. Calm, cool and yet easy to read. “You seek knowledge as well?” Heath spoke, a small bit of humor in his tone. To males, not the scholar type for sure standing before a library. Heath would have been more comfortable meeting him atop a horse or working in the stables.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

319 words.

Smiling, the man nodded his appreciation at the exchanged greetings. Thus far, it seemed that most were willing to give their name and begin a conversation here, which was something he liked, even if it led to a few awkward moments here and there. "It's a pleasure, Heath." He was not one for much small talk yet, but he was trying to develop such a skill, since his normal quiet ways could easily be considered far from social. Though he was not the most welcoming and warm person to meet, Vigilante did consider himself to be a pleasant one, and he hoped others shared that opinion. He had no friends, but he did have acquaintances, and maybe those could eventually become friends, or even just trusted and liked individuals. It was still strange, despite the time he had been in Dour des Miracles, to be starting over in such a place, so different from the place he had been born and raised in.

His eyes travelled back to the stone felines standing guard at the door, and then up the face of the building curiously. What knowledge could one expect to find in an old human building such as this one? Vigilante had never been taught to read, so the sign was useless to him, and he glanced back at Heath wth that same gleam of curiousity. "I am not sure what you mean. What knowledge would you find in such a strange building?" His words were said in the same manner of speaking that all of his words came; clear, precise, spoken with deliberation. He did not speak when it was not necessary, and when he did, he chose his words carefully. What an interesting idea that was, to find knowledge in an old human place. What kind of knowledge did one want from the humans, as it was? They were very peculiar creatures, when they were alive.

[/html]
[html]

Thus far Heath had enjoyed all those that called Cour des Miracles home. Even Svara, who had crossed Haven the wrong way had been friendly towards him. It might have been the reason he had chosen it as his home. Yet he could not be fool enough to think Ruri had nothing to do with his choice. She remained in his thoughts always, and it was only right be near her. The brown and black male was not for chitchat, and hardly commented on the weather. But the question that Vigilante gave was one that woke his voice and stirred his tongue to talk.

“It’s a library. “ Heath explained, looking up the words that had been tapped into the stone of the buildings entrance. It was worn by time and weather, but still remained. The humans fascinated him, or at least their things did. Practices were not as intriguing, but the things they left behind peaked his curiosity. It might have been the reason while a lone coy-wolf Heath had stalked the broken streets so often. That, or the supply of vodka. When Heath did not see a face that recognized the building's name he continued, “It holds books, lots of them. You can find a book on anything and everything in there.” Would his packmate think him a different sort of male for wanting a book to read? Of course it wasn’t killing something, but two guys could go look at paperbacks, right?

[/html]
[html]

322 words.

Considering the explanation, Vigilante sounded out the words in his mind. Library. Books. Neither meant much to him, although he did know what a book was, in theory. Supposedly, they were filled with written words, used to create a story or to explain something in great detail. Some even included pictures, or so he was told. If he were to open a book, he supposed it would have to be one that contained pictures, as he did not know how to read. It had never been considered a useful skill to him, so he had not bothered to find someone who was capable of teaching him to read. At three and a half years old now, Vigilante felt he was probably too old to successfully learn something so apparently broad. If he ever had children, however, perhaps they could learn to read, since it seemed that many here could do so. It could prove lucrative.

"I do not know how to read," he responded, his tone still very dignified, despite the admission. There was no embarrassment in admitting that he could not read, though for someone else, there might have been. "Do you enjoy books, then?" He supposed that was the only reason that Heath might be standing outside of a human library and talking about the books that are within the old crumbled building. The idea intrigued him, though a collection of books would do him very little good. Vigilante supposed they could always look around together, and he could study the images in the books or on the walls, since he suspected that might be the case. In many human buildings, there were photos on the walls, and sometimes they were of the humans themselves. He found that very interesting, indeed, and also very strange. Why did the luperci not find a way to hang pictures of themselves on the walls of their dwellings? It was a very personal touch.

[/html]
[html]
300+

It surprised him that the male didn’t know how to read. So many knew how to, that it became something as common as knowing how to hunt. It wasn’t exactly essential or living, but there would be so much that Heath wouldn’t know if he couldn't read it from books. All the things he understood about caring for the horses came from books, as well as much of their behavior and of course riding. He felt he would be lost without them. The pack he had been raised in had made it a point to teach him and his siblings the skill. Heath wondered if this packmate found it as essential as he did. Or just as waste of time.

There were few that he could be true with. Honest in words yes, that was always necessary. But to truly be himself was something different. With Ruri it was easy, he could be that part of him that had been hidden away while a lone wolf. The harsh and coarse being he had created to cover the soft soul he held slipped away when he was with her. For the rest, they got the male that had something to prove. “Oh yeah know..” he began slowly, a small shrug accenting the casual tone. “I had a few things to look up.” His hand receded from the lion’s crown as he spoke.

“I’ve been working in the stables, and there are still a few things that I don’t know how to use.” Gold eyes looked to the male, see there was a practical reason for him to be here...
“They can be useful when trying to work with human tools, do you use them?” The question was pertinent, some lived by them while others scoffed at the idea.

[/html]
[html]

411 words.

It seemed that Heath did not have an overly exciting reason to be at the library, either, though it was a better reason than Vigilante's own. "I was just taking a walk, really. I've found that what I do, I do not need a book to tell me how," he added, keeping it vague. His tone likely suggested that he did not want to explain further, and he did not. No book had ever taught him how to swiftly kill without a second thought, and what he did now - generally, it was nothing, but he did frequently track things down without actually hunting them - was done by pure instinct. He did want to learn something different, now, such as how to build his own house, but he did not know if something so physical and laboring could really be taught by some bound pages of human words.

The stables and horses intrigued him, as he had seen them all once, when he had come across their fenced in enclosure. There had been a woman there, and though they had exchanged brief greetings, nothing more had passed between them, and instead they had watched the horses for a brief period of time. The large beasts were curious, and very interesting. Vigilante knew that some in the pack had tamed the horses and claimed them as their own, and while he was interested in doing that as well, the mutt was not sure how to go about it, or if he was just supposed to go and take a horse from the stables and name it. Though it was a very strange, as well as very tempting, idea, he did not feel that it was the proper procedure to obtain a horse of his own.

"I have seen the stables and the horses, very briefly. What is it like to have a horse? I would like one for myself, some day," he added, by way of explanation. Vigilante was genuinely curious about the man's job, and wondered if Heath might be able to explain to him how to tame a horse and how to get one of his own. And if he worked in the stables, then maybe he could also give him some pointers about construction, since he was hoping to build a house relatively soon. He could find supplies easily, he was certain, out in places like this, but how to build it was beyond his scope of knowledge.

[/html]
[html]
300+

His reasoning was not very interesting, but purposeful. It would be wrong to just experiment with the horses, to just think of ways to tame and treat them. Heath needed a foundation for his work, and the words of pages would give that to him. It was more efficient to seek the answers then try and fail again and again to figure out what a book might be able to tell him. And animal did not go unscathed by such experiments, and Heath would not put any, especially his own roan mare, through that.

Feet upon the polished stone of the library stairs, Heath felt the smooth surface and figured that this might be as far as he would go this day. He didn’t mind, especially when his packmate spoke. The details that were left unsaid brought Heath to wonder what it was he spoke of. The words were closed, the sentence ended and not open for further discussion. The black and tan hybrid knew better then to pry, even when his curiosity tempted to get the better of him.

“Responsibility.” Heath spoke with a grin. “I guess is depends on the horse. Mine is not fond of the hard ground of the city, she grazes just beyond the western boarder. It was she that chose me, and still chooses to follow me around most days. He paused, taking a seat on the warm stone. He didn’t need to go anywhere just yet. “Most in the stables are wild, I was hoping to find more reading on how to tame them fully. Not many will allow a rider.” he had been bruised and bloodied by a few. “ I live in the loft above the stables, to stay close.” Heath added. It was a mission of his to explore more of the packlands, and yet he found himself venturing back to the familiarity of the city.

[/html]
[html]

305 words.

Being as aloof as he was on some days, Vigilante supposed that he understood why the wild horses might not allow the luperci to ride them. Born wild and free, why would you wish to be tamed and kept for someone else's use, with no choice of your own? He had been nothing but a tool to his old pack, given no choice in the matter of his life and what to do with his time. Though he had believed he was doing the right thing, it was still unfortunate that he had been given no choice in his life's direction. In that respect, he was able to understand why the horses would choose to not allow the luperci to ride them. Wild horses were just that - wild. While he did want one, he supposed it would not be for the sake of having a horse to ride, but rather, a horse to care for and to have as a companion when he built his house in the future.

"I have been considering building a house of my own and looking into finding a horse. What would you look for in a horse as a companion, rather than a creature to be tamed and ridden? I do not wish to completely remove the wild nature of the horse," he added, hoping that Heath would understand his meaning. Maybe he would eventually learn to ride a horse, if he and his horse trusted one another completely. He also did not mention the possible question of his abilities as a carpenter, but that was not important enough to mention. Vigilante was hoping to build a house to prove to himself that he was more than what he had been, and if he built a house, he could also build a small stable adjacent for his horse.

[/html]
[html]
sorry for the delay

It sounded like the male wanted to make a home for himself, something that Heath had not thought of before. The stables were a place to stay, a centered location that was close to the horses and to Lumière. But that was all it was, a place to stay. Somewhere to keep his things, but not a place to start his life. He was making progress, taking steps that would bring him closer to his packmembers and keep him out of trouble, but as he listened to Vigilante’s own plan he began to realize that his life had yet to truly begin.

“Lumière is my companion.” Heath assured the other wolf. Nothing about the horse told Heath that he owned her, just as much as the roan mare followed him, he followed her. It had been she that led him to the pack. She had told him to go, and led the way. “I would not know how to kill her spirit, nor would I want to. They are dangerous creatures though, and could easily kill a wolf.” Caution and control were valuable things to have, but trust was the most important. He expressed such importance. “I think it’s gaining trust that makes them tame, not making them mindless.” He had felt that way before, all the halters, the bridles and the whips he found in the stables. They made him think of slaver instead of kinship.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

Nodding, Vigilante considered what the man was telling him, trusting Heath's judgement comepletely on this matter, as his packmate was the one who frequently worked with the horses in the pack. It made sense that trust would be an important factor in such a relationship between luperci and wild horse, but he did not know if it was something he could fully become used to. Trust was such a gentle subject with him, and he worried terribly of breaking someone's trust. A creature so normally wild could not be tamed - or even partly tamed - without trust, but if that trust was broken, what would happen to the horse then? Vigilante had known many to lose trust with those around them, and it was never a pleasant experience to deal with, from an outsider's point of view.

He had never been in the same situation firsthand, thankfully. Certainly, he had broken the trust of his nieces and his nephew when he had aided his sister in death, but he had been too much of a coward to face what would happen afterwards, instead having run from the consequences of his unfortunately necessary action. Becaujse of his birth status in the pack, he had been a trusted, respected member, albeit one who chose to live a solitary life even after being introduced to the pack once more. When he had acted on the orders of his Elders, he had broken his pack's trust in him, and it had been too much for him to bear. His trust in himself was basically broken, as well, because of running like a chastened dog with his tail between his legs, his mind full of self-loathing.

With the constant distrust of himself, he wondered if a horse could ever learn to trust him. If it never happened, Vigilante knew he would not blame the potential horse for such a thing, since he barely trusted himself. If he could not trust himself, how could those around him fully trust him? What Heath had to say made a great deal of sense, but he did not have much confidence in himself. "It is good to know that I am not the only one who feels as such," he agreed, thoughts still raging through his mind on the subject of trust. "How did you come to your horse?" he questioned, acknowledging that Heath did not seem to act as if he owned Lumiere.

[/html]
[html]
300+

He wasn’t sure what to think. Thoughts of the roan mare filled his mind, but then even when he wished to fill his mind that thought of Ruri crept up on him like a thief in the night. It was not an unpleasant thought, but a confusing one and Heath was glad to have the dog-wolf speak again. At first he as happy with the distraction and smile in response. Heath figure that they would get along together, two real males made for hard work. Maybe they could hunt, take a few bucks down and provide a feast for the pack. Light and arrogant thoughts, thoughts that were crushed by the next question. His smile faded quickly, and Heath realized suddenly how odd he must look. It would be hard to cover up the change in demeanor. Yet Heath had told no one the whole story. He wasn’t sure if he wanted this male, one he hoped to gain respect from such an embarrassing tale.

“She found me, you could say.” his smile returned, though its life was half of what if had been. Heath did not like to think of the Dreaming witch, her black coat and acid eyes. He was more ashamed to admit that he was still weary of her and the Crimson Dreams borders as he was the fight that he lost. “I had been a loner for some time and got into a fight with a pack wolf.” He spoke, vaguely. “I got the shit beat out of me and really didn’t think I was worth much.” he wasn’t happy admitting it, but he had been pretty worthless at the time. “And there she was…” It had just kind of happened, though the details were lost. Heath gave a small shrug, he was no longer a rouge and was trying to be more then he had been.

"Pretty sappy, huh?" He questioned, already beginning to laugh at himself.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

_____Because he had only just become acquainted with his pack mate, Vigilante could not say he understood the change in Heath's expression. It could likely be assumed that it was merely something that he had on his mind, and it was not likely that he would be feeling overly chatty about whatever it was. Likewise, the doggish hybrid could not say he was feeling the need to pry into his pack mate's thoughts. Being as private a creature as he was, he did not enjoy trying to sneak his way into the thoughts of anyone else; his own thoughts were far more than enough for him to have to deal with. No one had ever understood his thoughts - not that he had ever tried to find someone who could do so completely - and he did not believe it would ever be possible for someone to do so. The closest people who had ever come to it, he supposed, were his late sister and the lone coyote, Onus.

_____Sappy was an interesting word to use to describe it, and it was not the one he would have initially thought of. It seemed to be fitting enough, but he did not like to place a label like that on any one situation. Some things were just more touching than others, and it appeared as if this was one of those times. "It seems that she was there for you when you needed her most," he suggested, leaning against the stone feline that was closest to him. The idea of Heath having been a loner and fighting with pack wolves was strange, something he had not thought of yet, though he did not know why. He was aware of how young Cour des Miracles was, knowing that he had joined relatively early after its creation. "What made you seek a home in this pack? Family, someone close, or perhaps just looking for somewhere to belong?" he suggested, curious to know what it was that drew others to the pack he was slowly beginning to call home. It was a slow process, though.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The male’s words were very true. The roan mare had been there for him, just as he threatened to give up completely. The simple minded voiceless creature had shown him what he was missing, and Heath still did not know how she had done it. Joining Cour des Miracles was the most important thing the young male had ever done, whether he or anyone else cared to acknowledge it. And the horse held the credit for that decision. The newfound packmate did not hold an amused tone, and did not laugh with Heath. Though he now felt a small bit foolish for chuckling at himself he was glad that the older male found the seriousness in the memory that Heath shared. He appreciated that, feeling more confident in part of the past that was beginning to reveal itself as life changing. Heath smirked at the idea, but was more absorbed in Vigilante’s next question to comment.

“Yes.” Heath began, knowing that if the other could look past his mistakes and foolishness in the story of the discovery of Lumière he would understand what had truly made him choose the pack they both belonged to.
“I knew Haven, Svara Jac, and Ruri.” he let the names flow from his tongue with ease, and yet as he said the last he stumbled to say her sweet duel syllable name. His feelings for her were so unknown that Heath wondered if there would ever be a day that he thought of her just simply, without the confusion. “I have never been happy with the family that was given to me,” He said as he thought of his father.
“So when they were all so welcoming, it was an easy decision.” Gold eyes looked at the other male, and found so much mystery there.
“And you?” he wondered if he would give any explanation.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

_____The explanation was more than acceptable, though the older man noticed the way Heath's voice seemed to stumble over the last name. He did not know Haven or Ruri, though he did know Jacquez and, apparently, Svara, since he had been told she was the scarred female he had likely met when joining, as awkward as the situation had been. The fact that Heath's voice had changed when mentioning the last name was curious, but since he did not know Heath very well and had never met this Ruri character, he chose not to question the scenario. It was not his place to ask questions about his pack mate's personal affairs, though he did seem to be asking quite a few today, strange as it was. The fact that he was still standing with Heath was strange, because he normally felt the need to leave quickly. He did have some questions that he thought Heath might be able to answer, about working with his hands and doing physical labor, perhaps.

_____The idea of not being happy with one's family was one he knew relatively well, but it was something he wanted to pursue in his younger acquaintance. "Why were you never pleased with your given family?" he inquired, his tone indicating that he did not require an answer, but that he was, naturally, curious. There were aspects of his family he had enjoyed, and others that he did not prefer, but he could not say that he did not want his family still, in essence. Without his sister, however, it wasn't worth much to him. "I came here looking for a new start to what you might call a normal life, and was told this was a pack made up of misfits. That suited my purpose." He did not really wish to elaborate on the thought, because that would lead to giving too much information. Instead, a change of subject seemed like a decent idea, so he voiced what he had been thinking before their conversation. "I have been considering learning to build things, and to perhaps work with that strange, hard substance. . . Metal, it is called? How would you suggest I beging learning?"

[/html]
[html]
300+

When the male spoke Heath was relieved to hear that it was not to question the falter in his voice. Vigilante seemed to certainly be the sort that kept to himself and appreciated one’s privacy. He was not prying into every stutter that Heath made and did not ask questions, not the wrong ones at least. Heath’s respect for the dogish male was growing, and even as he asked about the family that he had been born into Heath was actually not pained in his explanation. “My sire raped and killed my mother, and he calls himself leader of a neighboring pack.” Anger was hidden beneath his voice, and the ending of his sentence held a certain disbelief. As if Heath had yet come to terms with the reality. “I have lost connection with my brother and sister…” he spoke with a small tinge of guilt. Where they were was unknown, and yet Heath had found so much stability and satisfaction in his current life that it was hard to think about the past.

Misfits. Heath smiled at the thought. If he had not know all the good creatures that he did Heath was almost certain that he would still be part of the pack. It made sense to live there, by the rocky shore, among the patchwork of landscapes, and with a mess of wolves, coyotes, and dogs. But as Vigilante had not pressed Heath, the coy-wolf did not pressure or question. A simple nod, “A reason, good enough as any.” was all he said. At times some things just fit. Like Lumière fit, like Ruri just fit into his life without sight to see his flaws.

Heath took up the next topic with interest. “Yeah.” he agreed, “Metal.” Having spent so much time in the human’s abandoned city he had come to know the material. “Theres a small shop in the stables, old scaps, hammers and an anvil.” The tawny male began to describe the small room where in a day long ago humans made shoes for horses. “How you make anything out of it, I have no idea.” And then, Heath thought of the very reason he was in the city to begin with. “If you learned to read, there would be books that could tell you.” He suggested.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

_____For the sake of Heath's father, Vigilante hoped he would never have to meet him knowingly. His pack mate's father was the type he had normally been sent after, a sinner of higher caliber, and though he no longer chose to do that with his life, his beliefs were still very similar, and someone who had done that could never be accepted in his eyes. Instead of questioning further, like so many might do, all he did was nod his understanding. Those who did that did not deserve the life they had been given, and he could also relate when it came to losing touch with siblings. Unfortunately, he would never get another chance at having time with his only sister, but perhaps Heath's siblings might find him again later in life. He was still very young, and Vigilante assumed that his siblings were, as well, for that was the logical order of things, in his eyes.

_____"Would you mind if I came by the stables at some point and took some of the things that I might need?" he asked, his tone masking his hope, but he would not blame Heath for not wanting him to. After all, he didn't know if Heath would like anything from the stables going missing, including scraps of metal. He didn't think he could learn to read - wasn't he awfully old for such a thing? It wasn't natural to him, either - but maybe one of those books could have some pictures in them that he might be able to understand. That was all he said, however, because the fact that his pack mate knew he could not do something that seemed so natural to everyone here was embarrassing, and he did not want to dwell on that topic with Heath. He could handle learning to work with metal, he was sure. All he needed was something to work with first.

[/html]
[html]
maybe we should wrap this up?
300+

Apparently the male known as Jefferson had changed. At least he had enough to fool all those around him. But Heath saw that he was lame in one arm, and the scars that years of fighting had given did not fade with time. His own would not as well, but Heath could not find the horrid deeds that were associated with his sired marks on his skin. The beast had lost use of his eye, it seemed, and Heath wished he had taken the rest of his sight the day they had met. The male would be happy to never see him again, but the knowledge that he was a leader of a pack would never sit well with him. The thoughts boiled and brewed in his mind, and it took much of his control to keep from loosing any sort of cool he possessed.

He was happy for the change of topic, though it took a moment for him to shift his focus. Such topics of memories and of the past bogged down his brain so easily. The stables? Smith materials? Heath nodded, knowing that they had been untouched and useless until this moment. “Of course.” His commented in his even tone. The anger had diminished and Heath moved on from past memories. It was all he could do unless he wanted to erupt in rage. “ It would be nice to know that that stuff is being used. Its heavy and bulky and an eye-sore.” Heath spoke with a laugh. It would be nice to not stub his toes on the anvil every other day. “let me know if you need any help.” He would be happy to show that he could be more useful then just picking books form a library.

[/html]
[html]

Sounds good, he's out. =D You can post again, or have it archived. 300+ words.

_____Heath seemed more than grateful for the change of topic, although he had given no real indication that he was; it just appeared that he would not wish to dwell on the subject of his father's actions, and Vigilante could understand that. He, too, was grateful for the change of subject, because it was hitting too close to home for him, as well. Something hinted that he would not be too fond of his pack mate's father, and he was glad that Heath had not disclosed any more information regarding the man who had fathered him, presumably without love. If he had said more than that, Vigilante might have felt the need to slip back into his old habits, or to seek out the lone coyote, Onus, whom he knew lived that lifestyle. Surely Heath's father was the kind that Onus might be searching for.

_____Nodding, Vigilante offered his pack mate a relative smile, happy with the information. "Thank you, then. I will look further into it, and if it comes to needing assistance, I will seek you first." Of course, his pride would never allow him to ask for complete help for anything, and it was not something he needed to do to live, so if he did not succeed, then nothing would be lost. If all went well, he would learn a new skill. Straightening himself, he knew it was reaching the time that he would need to move on, because he never liked to stay and make small talk for too long. "I appreciate what you've told me, but I will leave you to the books your initially sought now. It's been a pleasure meeting you, Heath," he added, waiting an appropriate amount of time before turning and leaving in his generally formal way. The meeting had not been a waste, though he never thought of a day as something he had not used to its full potential - there were days that just proved more fruitful than others, and this was one.

[/html]