rescue our friend
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... seside.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:144px;">
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... ckgrou.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
OOC: ::Word Count:: 500+

It had been a few days since her return from Inferni, and her mind was still full with all that had happened there. However, her concerns were with Naniko. Her plan to go visit her alabaster friend on her return journey had never materialized, due to the distraught state in which Urma had left the coyote pack. Now, in the safety and quiet of her home in Crimson Dreams, worries about her white friend flooded her. It was clear that Naniko needed a better place for the pups than a mere shop in Halifax could ever offer, but it was just as difficult bringing her back to Crimson Dreams. Savina had helped her a lot since Urma's return, and she didn't want either the dark wolf or Naniko to feel betrayed. Until the two reconciled, it would be difficult dealing with the matter.

Which brought Urma back to her thoughts about Ehno. He seemed the only link between Naniko and Savina, with the former because he seemed to have remained the only wolf apart from herself and Naniko's children who was still in contact with her, and with the latter because he was Savina's brother. It only seemed reasonable that she should try to talk to Ehno about Naniko's situation and maybe together they would come up with a way of convincing Savina and Anu, the current leaders, of how important it was that Naniko be allowed to stay. She hoped the both of them would be able to appeal to Savina's mother side, which would maybe enable her to allow Naniko at least a brief stay. It would be easier to work their way through to an actual reconciliation from there, but in the process she didn't want to upset any of her friends.

She paced through Crimson Dreams territory, scanning for any sign of Ehno. She hoped she would bump into him before bumping into anyone else on the way, because the matter she wanted to bring up was delicate enough that they needed some sort of privacy. She doubted Savina or Anu or many of the other members would take kindly to their plan to help Naniko come back. But she was certain he would also see that the shop in Halifax was no place for a mother with pups, with no safety for either herself or her children. Neither Urma, nor Ehno could account for a long disappearance to take care of Naniko and make sure she had all she needed, so it only strengthened Urma's belief that the only sensible thing to do was bring the white wolf home, no matter how much initial refusal there would be on the part of some wolves. All Urma really hoped for was that neither Savina, nor Naniko would feel left out in her attempt not to alienate any of her friends. Having to deal with Pilot's absence was loss enough for her, without the potential argument she might have with her two friends that she cared equally about.

[/html]
[html]
Thank you for starting! 400+

The sun was shining for the first time in weeks, and Ehno could only think that it was mocking him. He had sat through plenty of gloomy, rainy days blissfully ignorant of the new developments in his life. The shy sun’s sudden appearance should be celebrated and he should greet it with a smile, but along with that burning star in the sky had come momentous news that only added to the chaos his life had become. He still couldn’t believe that he was going to be a father. He had been sitting peacefully within the Crimson Dreams borders for the last few weeks, completely unaware of the fact that Naniko was pregnant with his pups, out there in the city alone. It still seemed so unreal. He was going to be a father. It felt absurd now that he could even forget that it was a possible consequence to the actions that he and Nani had taken.

But that wasn’t what sent him into such a fretful state, with worried thoughts frantically buzzing throughout his mind. The thought of having a new little family of his own, while surprising and unexpected, was a pleasant one. He was not so cowardly that he would leave Naniko to take care of the puppies on her own. He could never be so cold-hearted like that bastard Serge. Yet it was not as simple as that. Naniko claimed that didn’t feel comfortable returning to Crimson Dreams right now. She was thinking of possibly joining another pack, but she would not force him to join her. He would have to choose whether he would follow her or remain here in the place he had come to think of as home. The thought of being separated from his family, whether it was the family here in Crimson Dreams or the new family stirring within Naniko’s belly, tore him apart.

The Marino man could not sit still with these thoughts ravaging his mind, so while he still felt bitter towards that mockingly sunny sky, he was thankful for it. Being cooped up in the manor while he felt like this didn’t feel right. He wandered around the territory for hours, finding it easier to focus his thoughts while he was on the move. Despite this, he still couldn’t come up with a solution to his dilemma. The Lieutenant felt a sense of defeat wash over him suddenly and he wished that the perfect answer to his problem would simply present itself. Life was never that simple, though. He sighed in frustration, stopping and sitting upon an old fallen tree on the outskirts of a lightly wooded portion of the pack lands. He placed his face in his hands and tried to pull his thoughts together again. “What am I going to do…?”
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... seside.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:144px;">
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/I ... ckgrou.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
OOC: ::Word Count:: 500+

As she kept walking, searching for any sign of Ehno, her mind spun with thoughts of what her journey to Inferni had unveiled. The memory kept clawing at her subconscious, reminding her over and over again, about the betrayal. They were lovers. It made her heart ache with a pain she hadn't felt ever before in her life, not even with Mörker's death. Although she had gone through a lot of disappointment, she had always been able to find something to drag her back up and keep her afloat, until time and occasionally distance helped her move on. But now, there was nothing that she could do. Not even one bone of her body wanted to let Pilot go, didn't want to accuse him of anything at all. All her rationality had been cast aside in his favour, and she was forever trying to convince herself that this was something she would solve when she met Pilot, and she shouldn't dwell on it any longer.

Her chaotic thoughts were brought back to Naniko only when she spotted a wolf in the distance. She was nearing the boundaries of pack lands, so the place seemed to suit someone like Ehno, thinking things over so it would all turn out in everyone's benefit. Urma quickened her pace, her paws responding naturally and her speed considerably aided by her being in Lupus form. She only slowed down as she was close to him, so as not to startle him. She was certain the wolf was Ehno, though she had never met him. She knew who she was looking for, almost sensed it would be him. His smell had something of Savina and Gotham's scent, and they were mother and pup, so it was clear the wolf just a few feet away was also related to the Marino. She reclined to her haunches and looked at him, before clearing her throat delicately and saying, "Ehno?" She waited only a few seconds before continuing, "You might not know me. I've not been back to Crimson Dreams for so long. I'm Urma. I came to talk to you about Naniko."

She thought for a moment that he might think she was here on behalf of someone from the pack who had somehow found out about him checking on Naniko and disapproved, so she hurried to add, "I'm her friend. I want to help her. I heard that's what you've been doing for a while, now," she smiled as she said the last bit, glad that someone had been there for her white friend. She realized that Ehno had taken good care of her and helped her through the hard periods. In a way, she felt bad to ask for his help herself, even if it was ultimately for Naniko. He had done so much already that, while it was clear he would continue helping the alabaster female in Halifax, it was also clear that he had done his share and further assistance almost made Urma feel bad for asking. But she knew neither of them could do much of anything unaided, and she was ready to do as much as she could for her friend.

[/html]
[html]
500+ Sorry for the delay!

Those thoughts continued their siege against his mind, each individual problem arguing at the same high decibel to get all of his attention. All that this achieved was giving him a helpless feeling of indecision. The frantic pace of his thoughts was beginning to get to him. He felt like he was going crazy. Ehno took a few deep breaths in an attempt to steady himself. He managed to get a hold of himself after a moment, and then he slowly began to pull away from those worrisome thoughts until he had cleared his head of all thoughts. The Italian man sat there silently for a few minutes, mind blank, as he tried to pull himself together. Getting worked up wasn’t going to help the situation any, only make it worse.

The quiet peace of mind he enjoyed eventually came to an end, not when he decided to face the frantic thoughts again, but when an unfamiliar voice called out his name. Ehno pulled his face from his hands and looked up, amber eyes immediately meeting the figure of a white she-wolf he was unacquainted with. He nodded in quick confirmation of her questioning call before listening to her brief introduction. Urma. The name had a vaguely familiar ring to it, but Ehno could not place her in his memories. She mentioned that she had come back to Crimson Dreams, which could explain that vague sense of familiarity; perhaps she had lived here months prior, back when Ehno was still prone to his wandering. He wondered how she had known who he was for a brief, flickering second, but he forgot all about it as soon as she mentioned Naniko.

He sat up from his slouching position on the fallen tree at the revelation of the subject Urma had come to discuss. Panic gripped him for a moment as he wondered why she might want to speak to him about Nani. Did she know about the pups? Maybe she knew that he was the father, and came here to confront him about it. Before the Marino had calmed himself down to ask this she-wolf exactly what she wanted to discuss about Naniko, she had spoken up once more, clarifying her earlier statement. Immediately Ehno felt relief wash over him, the calmness that followed making him question why he had gotten so panicked in the first place. He simply nodded again while he tried to regain his thoughts. He decided he wouldn’t mention the puppies unless Urma brought them up first. He wanted to see how much she knew before delving into such a sticky subject.

“Yeah, I’ve been helping her out as much as I can,” he finally said. Though getting her pregnant did nothing to help the situation, did it? He pushed the self-deprecating thought away, blocking it out by focusing on the topic at hand. “You’ve gone out to see her in the city as well?” he asked. This was good news. The more friends Naniko had supporting her through this ordeal, the sooner she could fully recover from it. It was even better that another Crimson Dreams wolf was supporting her. Maybe together they could convince her to return home. A small bit of hope built up in his chest, but he refused to cling to it lest he be severely disappointed if they were unsuccessful.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: ::Word Count:: 400+

Urma nodded in agreement to his statement that he had tried to help her as much as he could. He was very right there, he had helped Naniko maybe more than they knew. At least that was what she felt, little as she knew the wolf before her. The name that he carried told her enough-- there were all the chances that he was every bit as caring and willing to help as Savina, and there was no need to perorate any further on the matter. She sat down comfortably as she answered, "I have visited her in the city, yes." She let a brief silence settle between them before continuing, "She seems well, which I gather is partly your own doing. But... there's also another delicate matter." The following pause was no longer to emphasize what she had said, but more a lack of idea as to how to proceed in dealing with the issue. How could she bring up another female's pregnancy as if she were debating the weather or any other such menial subject. There was also the aspect that Urma had no idea how close Ehno was to Naniko, nor could she fathom the dimension and scale of their relationship. Nor was she friendly enough with Ehno to be able to ask him everything as if she were demanding an explanation that might as well not concern her.

However, somehow it had to be brought up. Maybe the male knew himself about the predicament Naniko was in, if it could fitfully be called as such. Even so, it couldn't be avoided forever, and the sooner it was out in the open, the better. Consequently, Urma took a deep breath and said, on a somewhat embarrassed note, "I mean to say... About the pups. The ones she's due to have somewhere in the fall." Her ears pressed to her head guiltily, hoping the matter wouldn't come as a novelty to the Marino. She wished that there was better news to debate, but sadly, there was nothing that could be done. She hadn't for a minute thought about who the father was, but the thought surfaced in the back of her mind like an unanswerable question. She put it away, decided to give it more thought later on, when it would prove of any relevance. In a small voice, the white female continued, "She needs a better place than that shop... for her and the little ones."

[/html]
[html]
This is crazy late and kinda funky, I'm sorry! D: Gotta get my groove back, lol. 500+

Ehno felt a little bit of relief go through him, a little bit of happiness, to find that Urma had been visiting Naniko as well. The more people she had to support her, the easier it would be for her to recover. Even better that it was another member of Crimson Dreams. If many of the Dreamers showed some support to their ex-leader, maybe she would feel more comfortable returning. Her old home was not as hostile to her as she seemed to imagine. Of course Savina and Anu would be wary of her, especially in the beginning. It was understandable, but he knew they would allow the mother-to-be back home. He wished she would understand that. Naniko’s own stubbornness only added to the problem; she didn’t seem content with the fact that those who she once reigned over would be above her in the ranks. As selfish as Ehno felt for thinking it, he wished that she would let go of her stubborn pride and come back home. Instead, Ehno was left to deal with a predicament that he never thought he would have to face.

Urma quickly moved on to share the specific reasons she had searched for him to discuss Naniko—that is, the matter of the pups. Ehno tensed out of reflex, amber gaze seeking out the she-wolf’s own striking golden gaze. Did she know that he was the father? Did Nani tell her? She made no mention of it, and out of fear of her reaction, Ehno chose to be vague about it for the moment. He was afraid that this woman might think that he had taken advantage of her friend when she was vulnerable, but that was not the case at all. It was unexpected, what happened between them, and while Ehno was still unsure exactly how or why it happened, he knew they both had wanted it. And they both wanted these pups. Ehno could never live with himself if he put the burden of those little ones solely on her shoulders.

“The pups, yes,” he finally began, hoping that if he started speaking the right words would come to him. They didn’t. A moment later he took a deep breath, tried to clear his head. He began again, starting his response from a slightly different angle. “I tried to convince her to come back, but it didn’t do any good.” He pulled his ears back in a guilty fashion, unintentionally mimicking Urma’s own action. “She says she might join another pack.” He closed his eyes for a moment with a sigh and a shake of his head. “I don’t want her or the pups to be separated from their family,” he said, almost desperately. His eyes sprung open in surprise of his own words. He realized that his hands had begun shaking slightly. The Marino clasped them together in an attempt to still them. His reaction screamed that his involvement went way past that of a worried friend, but he didn’t bother to mask it anymore. A whispering thought in his mind wondered if Urma would make the connection yet. He needed to tell someone about his worries and stop bottling them up inside. The Lieutenant would drive himself crazy, otherwise.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: It's just fine, don't worry Big Grin ::Word Count:: 600+

The alabaster female watched with rising curiousity the male's behaviour, the predicament he suddenly seemed to have found himself in with the breaching of the subject of Naniko's pregnancy. The thoughts that had already surfaced on her mind found a type of confirmation in the male's hesitancy, his clear difficulty in the face of the turn their conversation had just taken. It was this attitude of his that startled the fair femme, that triggered a chain of thoughts she would not have normally reached. But the conclusion she found herself facing following each successive link in that chain was something she felt almost embarrassed to think and which she knew would be hard to ask the male without sounding like a clear intrusion into certain aspects that were personal. The Marino already looked somehow worn out by the entire experience, which only added to her rising suspicions, but which also strengthened her conviction that she could not ask Savina's brother to shed light on any piece of information he was not comfortable giving.

Ehno's ears pulled back in a mirrored act of her own, and she inwardly cringed at her readiness to surmise that the grey wolf before her was indeed the father. She could not understand where such guess work had come from, so straightforward and plainly certain that it left her with the impossibility of thinking of other prospective father figures. Indeed, now that this thought had grown firm roots in the soil of her mind, she could see the likeliness of it, could see how the fact that most of the times he had been by her side could only make the situation so much easier. The two would have had all the time in the world for such a thing to take place.

This sudden discovery did not worry the fair Crimson Dreamer, however. She knew her friend well enough, and although Naniko's drug experience could have left her more vulnerable than Urma knew her to be, she was sure, judging by the name Ehno carried, that he would have done nothing to take advantage of a certain situation. The fact that he had still just recently gone to see Naniko in the city, or that was what the pearl femme had gathered from her friend's words, confirmed that the puppies were the fruits of something quite special. A deep sense of happiness flooded her, and only the desire not to lose the fragile trust she had gained from the male stopped her from congratulating him. Adopting a more sombre tone, befitting of the position she was in, but also meant not to allow the Marino to suspect her realization of his and Naniko's relationship, she said, "I understand. It is important for the pups to grow in a stable environment. I too have tried convincing our friend to come back-- but I also understand how partly her pride and partly her stubbornness make her think that Crimson Dreams will not be a safe place for the little ones. I don't mean to say more than is my business to say, but... not everyone here would act kindly towards her. I am sure none of the members would be hostile or unwelcoming with the pups, or bear any grudges to them by extension. Yet somehow, for the moment, to most, Naniko is still an outcast." She said this last sentence staring guiltily at the ground. For all the hurt her white friend had caused to Savina and her children, she knew that it had been unwilling. Naniko loved pups, and as she herself had told Urma, would have never allowed one to come near any of that stuff. Urma felt, deep down, it was somehow wrong to accuse the ex-Commander. You could not blame a blind man for not showing another the right way-- he himself would not be able to see it. And Naniko had not been herself then, the fair female was certain.

[/html]
[html]
500+

“The awful truth, right there,” he muttered. It was quite the tragedy that had befallen the once great and compassionate leader. That compassion of hers had returned, bit by bit as she fought her addiction and slowly became herself once more. While Naniko could easily recover that aspect of her identity, she could no longer return here and expect to lead these wolves once again, nor could she ask for the Dreamers’ trust for some time. Many in the pack, most especially those who were directly involved or close to those involved, would not be able to look at Nani in the same light any time soon. If she were to return, she would have to prove to them that she could be trusted again. Naniko did not want that for herself and most certainly did not want that for the children. The little ones might not face the mistrust of the pack, but it would only be a matter of time before they noticed how differently the others regarded their mother. Ehno couldn’t blame her for wanting to live somewhere else.

The Italian man took another calming breath to pull himself together. A silent moment passed and he began to calm some. He was much more composed than he had been moments ago, no longer shaky, but the wear on his nerves was still evident on his features. Ehno kept his gaze steady on the woman before him, studying her while the silence still remained. He knew next to nothing about her, but her words and determination painted the picture of a kind, concerned friend. Naniko was lucky to have her, certainly. If only there was something she could do to bring the D’Angelo woman back and make things simple again. "She shouldn’t have to feel unwanted or untrusted. Moving to another pack will free her from that. It’s good, at least, that she can make this decision for herself.” He had to admit that. Her eyes were open now, and she knew what was best to further her recovery from the addiction.

As Ehno sat there, thoughts still weighing heavily on his mind, he decided to take the chance to confide in her. The caring and understanding that she showed Naniko, despite knowing of the woman’s mistakes, made her appear very trustworthy in his eyes. “I don’t even know what I should do myself.” He shook his head briefly, as if admitting his defeat. “How can I even tell Savina that I…” he faltered slightly, almost unsure if he could continue, but he made himself continue with a bit of concentrated effort. “That I’m going to be a father.” His indirect admittance was a simple defense mechanism, the easiest way to announce his involvement while the news was still fresh in his mind. Ehno watched the woman carefully with a guarded expression, anticipating reaction and hoping he wouldn’t regret sharing this with her. His frantic thoughts and frayed nerves pulled him from one place to another. One moment he would feel it best to hide his involvement, the next he determined that it would be beneficial, for his sanity at least, to share this news with someone.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: ::Word Count:: 1000+

The pearl femme listened to the Italian wolf's words, knowing, in a sense, that she had come to talk about Naniko's departure with someone who did not necessarily oppose her, and somehow, not being bothered by it. Although she had sought out Ehno determined to bring Naniko back to Crimson Dreams, she now felt her agreement to his words, felt no need whatsoever to contest his reasoning or question his belief in their friend's decisions. Upon her departure from the city, she had been set on convincing Ehno of Naniko's faulty choices-- however, now she was the one who readily accepted the thought she had put behind the situation as inaccurate. And it felt as if this was indeed the best way; why make their friend have to suffer the hostility of her former pack mates, to see her children talked about in view of her own wrongdoings, to have to face the seclusion she would live in and the humility she would have to come to terms with? It would have been cruel and selfish of either her or the gray male to ask such a thing of Naniko. Just as her friend had told her in Halifax, it would be better for her to find, for the moment at least, a different home to what Crimson Dreams could offer her. Yes, it would do her good. Urma let the thought settle in her mind, allowing it enough space and time to become an indisputable fact. That way it would feel as if they had helped Naniko, and not simply let her block everyone else out of her life.

The Marino seemed to have relaxed, if only a bit. The lack of tightness in his pose put the ivory female at ease also; it was hard trying to converse in a genuinely kind and truthful manner with someone who felt somehow pressured by your presence. The fair femme too regretted the fact that they had met only in light of recent circumstances-- she felt for herself the weight that crushed them both and made their encounter less lighthearted than normal between pack mates. A smile fluttered serenely on her muzzle as she registered the change his body took, the vague relaxing of each muscles as the tension from his bones eased a bit. She wanted the male not to feel put out by her attempts at figuring out what would work best for everyone, but most importantly for Naniko. His words strengthened, if there was any need left for that, her belief in the ultimate good that resided in their alabaster friend not returning to Crimson Dreams. There was nothing to stop either of them from visiting their friend, before or after the birth, and she was sure that any pack would take her of its young, so that Naniko's children were far from any danger. Naniko had also said that Phoenix Valley had been recommended by a friend of hers, which made it as much of a safe option as anything could be. The fact that she would have someone close to her there added to the benefits-- the soon-to-be mother would not have to worry about being excluded by other members and would be able to raise her children in peace.

The blanched femme had almost put aside her worries as to the paternity of the offsprings when Ehno's next words gave those musings a new dimension. Although half of her had expected the blow, the other half was taken completely by surprise, so much that her expression betrayed her shock rather than a confirmation of a thought she had already had. However, the crisp white she-wolf pushed back any information that threatened to renew her surprise, and concentrated on the importance of what had been unveiled to her. This was a good ending, she thought. And why shouldn't it be? The Marino cared about Naniko, would love the pups and together they had willed those offsprings to be theirs. With this, Urma was certain no harm had befallen her friend, that no further emotional damage had been caused. This was cause for joy, surely, not for unhappiness? Slowly, the snowy femme understood. Savina did not trust Naniko anymore-- not after the ex-Commander's mistake had had repercussions on her own child. If anything, Ehno's liaison with Naniko brought the Marino sister closer to a wolf she went out of her way to avoid. It was a sad realization, and Urma felt all the possible feelings of sympathy run through her veins, not one enough to convey that she felt deeply his predicament, that she could understand how he dreaded breaking the news to Savina.

"I'm... I don't know what to say." She immediately saw how that could be perceived as different than her initial meaning, and stammered, trying to find a way to portray what her true emotions were. "What I want to say is..." Again the loss for words loomed over her, and the immaculate-pelted Crimson Dreamer pulled her ears back in embarrassment. "I mean, this should be something to celebrate on. I'd want to congratulate you and Naniko, and I'd want to wish you the best and everything would be joyous and... simple. But I can see how it's not like that, how it can't be like that. Part of me is glad that my friend hasn't been taken advantage of, that she hasn't been hurt more than she already was. But the other part of me can see how your happiness alongside her is also your unhappiness alongside your family." Her heart beat heavy with the weight of what had been said to her, and she knew she could not even fathom the magnitude of Ehno's burden. In a tiny voice, barely more than a shallow echo, she completed lamely, "I'm sorry this has to be so hard for you and her. You should both have the right to be happy. You should be allowed to be happy you're going to be a father. It shouldn't have to be so complicated." Her tail between her legs, her ears pressed to her head, her head bowed down slightly, her gaze fixed on the ground under her paws, she felt at a loss as to how better to help the Marino.

[/html]
[html]
500+

He was glad that Urma had come to find him to speak about Naniko, about helping her. The Lieutenant was relieved to find another soul in this pack that would not simply abandon their dear friend to the elements and to her terrible addiction. It allowed Ehno to trust her, to see that she was a kind and understanding soul. And while their conversation may not be the easiest to carry out, he knew that he needed this. He needed someone to trust, to share his sorrows and worries with, because he could not handle this alone, not fully. His family could not understand, not after all that had happened with Naniko these previous months, and without them he was lost. It was a lot for the Marino to ask this woman for her trust and her support when he hardly knew her at all, but he was desperate. The desperation hung over him like a veil, clouding his judgment and spurring him into actions he would not so readily take with a clear and level head.

Ehno could immediately see the effect his revelation had on the woman before him. Her staggered, unsure words and how she almost seemed to retreat into herself with her posture told him that he had unintentionally pulled her down into this horrible state with him. "It's alright... Thank you," he managed. He thanked her for her congratulations, for her understanding, and just for listening to him without thinking him to be some horrible, dishonorable brute. Because right now, part of him felt like that was true. He was so conflicted at this moment that he didn't know what to believe of himself. But he tried not to think about that right now. He had enough to worry about as it was. "And I'm sorry to have brought this up so suddenly. I... I didn't mean to worry you, or to burden you at all with my problems." His amber gaze remained steady upon her, the remorse he felt reflecting within those warmly-coloured orbs. He never wanted to cause unnecessary stress to fall upon this new comrade of his, but he could not help but share his plight with someone. The thoughts and emotions within him were roiling, creating a dreadful tempest. If he could not at least speak of it, it would consume him whole.

"I'm sure we will all get through this somehow," he commented after a moment. It was his way of trying to see the good in this situation. If couldn't remain this horrible forever, right? He needed to see the bright side of things, not only to try to add a little cheer to the suddenly somber atmosphere, but to also give him something to hold onto. Without that tiny life raft of hope, the Marino would be lost in the sea of his unruly thoughts and worries, doomed to drown beneath their unforgiving waves. "I mean to say... I am happy about this, the prospect of fatherhood. Naniko is happy. We'll figure this out." It would take a lot of adjusting, a lot of sacrifice and compromise. He was willing to try whatever he could to make things work, but that didn't mean he would like it. Savina most certainly would not like it. And that's what worried him the most.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry this comes so late >.< ::Word Count:: 500+

Ehno's kind words went straight to Urma's heart. The ivory femme felt strongly for the gray male, despite their becoming acquainted in such circumstances. His gratitude in the face of her reaction helped her understand how much Ehno needed any sign of support and sympathy-- she could only fathom how hard it must have been for him, how hard it still was, to desperately want to help someone everyone else, including your family, viewed with contempt. She knew she could not judge Savina for her impression of Naniko-- her child had been affected by Naniko's mistakes, irrespective of whether it had been intentional or not. In the same time, Ehno was the father of the outcast's pups. It was something that clearly weighed him down, not because he did not want the children or was afraid he would be an unworthy father for them, but because he knew how hard it was for the male to juggle his relationship with the mother of his children with that with his sister; she could see how his desperate wish not to upset either of the two parties involved took its toll on him. It was this realization that made the pearl femme reach out to the anguished wolf, at least in thought, since she felt that physically putting a hand on his shoulder was rather inappropriate given the situation which had brought them together. His apology was superfluous to the crisp white female, so she hurried to say, "Please. You did nothing to worry me. If anything, you put me at ease that Naniko will not meet a worse faith than she had already had so far. It's very important for her to have a loved one close. As it is for you, I'm sure." She smiled, empathy flowing through her and into her warmhearted words. She wanted to reassure the gray wolf that everything would turn out for the best eventually, even if the path there would not be easy.

His hopeful words calmed the ivory she-wolf down. It would do the both of them, Ehno and Naniko, much good to see this situation as virtually good, regardless of the temporary problems that occurred. In time things would be put behind-- maybe Savina and Naniko would again become friends in a common attempt to ease the pressure the tension between them caused for Ehno. Indeed, time was a faithful helper-- although it would take a while, past disputes would be put aside. Urma hoped this would be made easier by the birth of the pups-- children had the innocent gift of bringing people together and would maybe even aid in the overcoming of the rift that now separated the current Commander from the ex-Commander. These were all optimistic assumptions, of course, something the alabaster femme was perfectly conscious of. Only time itself could tell how things would progress, but the hope remained that it would be in everyone's favour. "I can only guess how hard this is on you, your family, Naniko... And I know I'm in no position to give advice. But you must not lose your faith in the fact that, no matter how hard, things will turn out well. Just like you said, you'll figure it out. As long as the two of you stick together, there's little that can bring you apart." She really meant what she said. It had been like this for her. As long as she had something to live for, she could overcome any and all obstacles she was faced with.

[/html]
[html]
Don't you worry, I'm more late. T-T Apologies! 300+

This unexpected conversation seemed to be doing well for the Dreamer male. He had been so wrapped up in the worries of balancing life between Naniko and his family here, that he could hardly see how good the situation really was for the D’Angelo woman. That’s not to say that Ehno was free from those crushing worries, but at least now there was one less thing for him to fret about. Naniko would be just fine in her new pack, as much as the distance killed him. The woman deserved a break and a fresh start and a good home, as did the pups that were on the way. It was a calming thought to picture such a peaceful change of scenery for their fallen Commander. And judging from Urma’s own words that thought seemed to be doing well to quell her worries also. Ehno began to feel some reassurance, prompting a smile to grace his features to match the female’s own. “Yes,” he said with a nod, finally beginning to feel a bit of relief.

“Thank you,” he said, glad for her reassurance and support. “We’ll all have to keep our thoughts positive, won’t we?” He laughed a little, already finding himself in much better spirits. He was glad that he had chosen to speak of his problems, at least briefly, with her, and he was very grateful that Urma had listened to him and offered him some comforting and sympathetic words. Ehno had barely just met the alabaster female, but he already felt a sort of bond with her thanks to her kind words and positive attitude. And certainly, a friend of Naniko’s was a friend of his. His amber gaze fixed itself upon her features, a hint of his smile still lingering on his lips. “She told me she’s thinking of joining Phoenix Valley, just east of the human city. I’m sure she would love it if you were to visit, once the pups are born and she’s settled in.” He was certain that Nani would be happy to have an old friend visit her in her new home. The D’Angelo woman would likely begin to make new bonds with her future pack mates, but it was always good to keep old ties strong, especially the ones that had helped her get past her addiction with their support and friendship.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: This probably hasn't got much more, right? Considering it's really old and Naniko's litter has already been delivered and all. Maybe we could have another one at one time when Urma comes to visit the two of them in Phoenix Valley? I could PM you and James about it once this is done, if you'd like. Smile ::Word Count:: 500+

The pale femme registered the change of expression in the grey male, and she could not stop her tail from wagging excitedly. It was good to know that the male Crimson Dreamer had found something in her words to lessen his pain from having to make such excruciatingly unfair choices. The turbid waters of his life seemed momentarily to be clearing, settling almost to a calm, steady motion, like the sea gathering its waves and bringing them slowly and safely to shore, an eternal motion straight from the womb of the planet, the blue expanse of salty liquid as far as the eye could see, the origins of life itself. She hoped that, in time, the rough storms Ehno had had to overcome would turn into small showers of rain, and, in due time, simply into a forlorn memory, like that the sea has after being once more reunited with the warm glow of the sun, after weeks of merciless raindrops pelting into its vast contents. It was reassuring to know that she still had the ability to instill a sense of tranquility within others, despite the turmoil she was presently facing in her own relationships with her inner self. It also did her good to find other problems that would overrule her own ones, so as to force her out of her self-pitying period.

She smiled at his words, nodding encouragingly, not once allowing her hopeful expression to waver, despite the novelty it caused her to experience. Thinking in retrospect, Urma would stand and wonder how come she had even been able to hint towards a positive outcome, with her nowadays unnatural pessimism flowing so effortlessly from her at the worst of times. This, however, was not her current concern. "You have nothing to thank me for. The little that I have tried to do, and the little I have accomplished, I have tried and done only thinking of my friend. And now, of you, who care for her and are an equally worthy of respect wolf." She waited for his subsequent explanations, nodding from time to time, partly to show that she was paying close attention to his words, and partly to show her agreement in what concerned Naniko's decision. "I think it is important for her to feel safe. When I came looking for you, I was selfish about this and thought the only place she could possibly be safe in was here. But now I understand that she knows better-- and had I been in her situation, I would have probably put the welfare of my offsprings before anything else as well. And I could think of little else that would bring me more joy than to see her, once she's properly settled in and the pups have been safely delivered. I expect that around that time I'll be finding you around as well." She said the last sentence with a smile brightening her features, in a way that could only show how much she approved of his fatherly instincts and his will to do anything he could to protect Naniko. Looking at Savina's brother, she could think of fewer wolves Naniko could have had the luck to father her children as well as the grey Marino, and for that she felt genuinely happy.

[/html]
[html]
That sounds good to me! A thread with the three of them + puppies sounds like it would be fun. :] 300+

He couldn’t help but smile a little at the way she modestly dismissed his thanks. It may have seemed to her that she had done very little, but to Ehno it felt like a lot. He had been left truly conflicted and feeling emotionally spent only a short while ago. While he was still quite unsure what the future held for him, he could at least look at it in a positive light now. The Marino felt as if he wouldn’t have been able to push away his previously tragic outlook on the situation without Urma’s own reassurances. “Well, either way I truly appreciate your kind words and reassurances. I’m sure Nani feels the same way.” Thoughts of the future still weighed heavily upon him, but at least now he could push those thoughts away a little more easily and view things in a more positive light.

Urma explained how she initially thought it would be best for their ex-Commander to return here to the pack, and Ehno sympathized with her. The Marino had the same thought immediately after he received the momentous news. “I understand why you would have felt that way. When Naniko first shared the news with me, I was certain that she would return home… here. Then she told me she had other plans, and I quite selfishly begged her to return to Crimson Dreams.” He shook his head, rather ashamed at how childishly he had handled that situation at first. “But then she explained her view of things to me, and I can certainly see that she has only the best intentions for herself and the pups in mind.” He was confident that the D’Angelo woman had a clearer mind now for her well being. Those drugs had dragged her into a brief period of her life where her thoughts were clouded and careless. But she had moved past that. These pups had given her the extra push she needed to get through her problem to become the caring wolf she once was.
[/html]