thread title missing
[html]
Opening his milky blue eyes, Haephastus stared up at he ceiling as he lay, taking a quiet moment to compose himself. He liked to lay for a while after having just woken but the absence of sound roused him sooner. Ears forward and alert, he sat up on the old couch, pushing the blankets away from his body and on to the floor. Gathering his feet beneath him, the foreign man stood and quickly made his way across the floor of the cabin, moving directly toward the window. It had been closed for some time but today, as he peered outside he decided to open it. Like some weather miracle, the sun was shining, not a single cloud in sight and not a drop of rain to be seen. He didn't leave the window until he managed to pry it up and open, immediately making his way to the door of the cabin.

There was warmth in the air as he exited, a feeling that made him smile, for he had been convinced that it might rain for ages. The ground was still wet and the dirt beneath him mushy, but as he made his way through the grass, he didn't seem to mind. Haephastus continued on his way through the lands for some time, simply wandering his new home, much of which he had yet to see, until the point that he managed to find the ranch again. It was where Geneva and the Patriarch, Jefferson, lived, a relationship that he still wondered quietly about. Geneva had told him about their cattle and other livestock, which he had experience caring for.

Not hesitating to make his way through the gate, Geneva had assured him that it was okay to come and go from the Ranch, Haephastus made his way over to the livestock area. Instead of going right in though, the foreign man stood outside the fence, observing the denizens and the contents of the area from afar. It appeared as if they had everything that he might need to milk the cows and, beyond the fence, everything that he needed to make certain that the animals were well fed. Certain that he should care for them, as it was still early, Haephastus entered the livestock area, intent on finally being able to help out.

[/html]
[html]
Ty had slipped out once he had moved his personal belongings into his household, but he remembered to take a quarterstaff with him, as a walking stick. Ty was getting used to carrying weapons with him again, it had been a while since he had, but it felt good to carry something of a weapon with him again, even if it was just a stick. Pushing open the door, he strode out onto the porch and looked out into the wonderful scenery, and now he could already see why his father loved this house. He had quite a view of the fields, the mountains, and the a sunrise view for when it got late, just by walking out onto his porch. Leaning on his walking stick, he wondered where he should go today, perhaps the beach? No, he'd been there too many times in the past week, maybe the fields? No, it wasn't dark, there wouldn't be any fireflies, maybe the mountainside? No, he wasn't quite in the mood. Where should he go today?

That's when it came to Ty, the ranch. This was a perfect day to go walk by the scenic little farm in the Valley, see the horses and such, he did enjoy seeing horses and cattle now and again. With a spring in his step and the fresh air filling his lungs, he stepped out and began his walk to the ranch. The a light breeze was to his back, making the walk all that more refreshing. It was a serene and peaceful day, perhaps once in a while there wouldn't be any people around. He wouldn't mind seeing another wolf, but certainly wasn't looking for another, today felt like a bit of a loner day anyway. there were times when even he wanted to be solitary. He walked down the little dirt path, but quickly strayed off when he found to path to the ranch, he simply crossed the field.

However, that solidarity that Ty had was quickly interrupted, no, not by the sound of cattle and horses, but by a wolf, a strange wolf, a foreign wolf. Ty had never met this wolf before, not even in passing. Although he smelled of Phoenix Valley, he also smelled of things across the sea, smells he once knew when he had traveled to the middle east in his mercenary career. The wolf gave off a certain vibe as well, a vibe that Ty felt almost wary of, like a veteran soldier, and already Ty could see the scars on the wolf's body, much like his own. Who was this strange wolf? Was he really a soldier like Ty suspected? He at first was wary, was this wolf here to fight? Or, like him, to get away from it? Nevertheless, Ty was going to be polite and charming to him, just like he was with everyone else. To be judgmental now would be stupid and irrational, he could bet this new wolf was a nice guy, so he simply smiled slightly and said to the newcomer. "Well...I see someone likes the ranch. Quick question though, are you more interested in the cattle, or the horses?"

[/html]
[html]
Haephastus was a bit surprised to see that most of the animals took calmly to him being there, barely paying any mind to him at all, that was, until he made his way over to the feed bags. He could feel the turkeys brush up beside him, which surprised him at first, but at the sight of them he smiled. Rummaging around a bit, he finally withdrew a handful of their food, scattering it along the ground for them. As he had expected, they quickly scattered for it, forgetting immediately about the strange wolf who had offered it to them. He watched them for a moment before venturing a bit further into the pen to investigate the contents of the other bags.

As he began away a voice caught his ears, which turned to hear the words, and Haephastus turned as well. He spotted the other man, standing and watching, through milky blue eyes. It took him a moment to remember that he had been asked a question, to which he cleared his throat and began his answer. "I've been around cattle more.." He explained. "But I know of horses as well and I suppose they're friendlier sometimes." Haephastus, in all honesty, hadn't even taken notice that they had horses, no one had spoken of it. He wondered, for a brief moment, if they were kept in Phoenix Valley for eating or for riding.

"Haephastus Amir." He offered his name, stepping away from the bags and closer to the younger man. "New here." The foreign man explained, hoping to get rid of whatever suspicion the other man might have. "The horses, are they kept for riding?" He asked finally, thinking it, personally, odd that one might eat them. A very few of the men in Jerusalem had them, mostly traders, for pulling their carts of goods through the street. Haephastus had always been fond of them, just never really had a chance to interact with them. Maybe that would change now.

[/html]
[html]
Ty chuckled lightheartedly at the man's response, then proceeded to give his own response, talking in a calm, but cheerful fashion, "Well, I don't think we do have horses, i just wanted to see if that's what you came here for." and it was true, Ty had no clue if they even had one horse, Ty had only been here for a few months, and still had a few places to explore. He had only been to the ranch one other time to see what it was like in the daily life of the pigs here. Nevertheless, now that he had turned to face the wolf, he could see that he was talking to a wolf much older and wiser than he. The scars, the movements, the very way he carried himself said it, but what said it most of all, was the milky blue eyes of his. They had that dull shine of a worldly person, something that Ty could relate to. And something that intrigued him.

When Haephestus gave his name, Ty smiled politely, but then joked lightheartedly. "That's quite a mouthful, but also quite a intriguing name. Were you named after the greek god Haephastus? Or did your parents give it to you because it sounded nice?" He then stuck out his hand for a handshake, giving his own name in the process. "My full name is Tyrone Trenton Nasphrite. However, seeing as how you are a friend to me now, you can call me Ty." He then flashed a warm smile as he continued to hold his hand out for a handshake, hoping it wasn't going against this wolf's custom, after all, he could already see this was a culturally different wolf, and some cultures didn't quite understand the handshake.

Ty felt more comfortable talking to the foreign wolf, hearing him speak only confirmed his suspicions of not being from around here, but where was he from? Ty was afraid to ask, but felt that this wolf was an understanding man, but Ty couldn't shake off how intriguing this wolf was, his eyes hid so much, but gave so much off, Ty just felt like this man could be like a brother to him, given the time. He politely spoke up and asked the male. "So...where are you from anyway? It doesn't seem like you are from around here, that's for sure..."
[/html]
[html]
"Oh.." The word came quietly, his immediate response to the other man's comment about there not, or likely not, being horses in the valley. Instead of seeming deeply disappointed by this, even though he was a bit, he lifted his eyes to the other man's face and offered a faint smile. "Maybe we can change that one day." It would take a lot of work and research but as far as Haephastus was concerned, aside from pack duties, he had all the time in the world to learn and try. "I will have to look in to it." He said with a nod. They might be useful to the pack, after all, but he wouldn't want to do something so large and drastic without speaking to their Patriarch about it first. He didn't suppose Jefferson would be to thrilled to stumble out of his home one morning to find horses there.

"I was named after Hephaestus." He admitted quietly, fond of the name. "But my parents spelled it differently than the god Hephaestus and it is pronounced just a touch differently as well." The foreign man explained. "My mother was a lover of history and the arts." And that was pretty much why she had given him such a name. The woman had held high hopes for her first son, he supposed that she had never expected him to grow up to be an assassin. She was proud of him none-the-less though, and that was all that mattered to him.

Shifting his weight some, Haephastus leaned over against the fence, resting his bandaged arm, and being sure to curl the only two remaining fingers inward, against the wood. "I came from a place called Jerusalem, far across the ocean." He explained quietly, hiding the hesitance in his voice. "I left there many months ago though, traveled for a long time, until I decided that here was the place I would like to settle." And it seemed as if he had chosen a prime place, for he had been welcomed with open arms. "Were you born here?" The man queried, hoping that it didn't seem as if he was prying.

[/html]
[html]
Ty nodded in agreement about what Heaphastus said, that their should be horses. "Yes...yes you are right." He said as he placed his hand back to his waist, noticing that Heaphastus was not taking him for a handshake. "We probably should get a few horses here. Some large beasts of burden would be nice, I mean, just a few days ago I had some rather large trunks to bring home, and some horses really would've helped...or a donkey or something..." When he also mentioned looking into it, Ty simply responded in kind. "Well...if you did, I'd love to help you with that. If you want my help, don't be afraid to ask."

"So...you really were named after the Greek god of the forge huh?" Ty said with an impressed look on his face. "Your mother sounds like an educated and artistic woman...hopefully it passed to you eh?" he chuckled lightly, noticing the difference in the way he said his name. "If it's all the same to you though, it's a fine name, I'd wear a name like that with pride." He looked back to the turkeys in the pen, then looked back to Haephastus, back to the older male in front of him, seeing something conflicted in his eyes, but he didn't bother to ask, as he knew how prodding would only bring anger to the top

He wasn't all that surprised when he heard that Haephastus was from Jerusalem, he looked, sounded, and smelled like he came from that part of the world. Ty had been there a few times in his life, there was still a lot of war going on in that area, and war was profit for him, so it was a place of easy money. When asked about being born here, he replied politely. "Heh...yes, I was born here...though I wasn't here for very long." He gave a small shrug. "I was only here for two...three months before i was swept away from here, to an adventure I never thought I had."

[/html]
[html]
I can't believe I completely forgot about writing anything in about the handshake. XD

"Back in Jerusalem the traders would use horses to pull wagons full of goods." He added to the subject, though couldn't really see them being used for that type of work around this area often. "I've seen them with giant metal things attached to them that dig up large areas of ground for gardening too." That, on the other hand, might have been something of use. He hadn't seen nor heard much about whether the denizens of Phoenix Valley cooked their food or not, but it might be worth a try if they hadn't. He had picked up a few cooking skills in his time and perhaps, if she was interested, he could test them out on Geneva. "I will remember that, thank you." He spoke in reference to Ty's offer to help out. He wasn't too proud to accept help.

"She was." He said quietly. It still hurt to refer to her in the past tense. "And I think it did, a little bit." He offered the words with a quiet chuckle, perhaps to lighten the mood just a bit. Almost every aspect of his personality, most everything that he had learned in life, had been because of his mother. "Hopefully I'll get to put some of it to use around here." It had been a while since he had last tinkered in art of any form, though with the city not all that far away, he was certain he could find whatever he might need to start tinkering around with it once more.

Keeping milked over blue eyes on the younger male, Haephastus continued to listen to his words, nodding his head only faintly. "Someone took you away from here?" He wasn't sure what the younger male meant by being swept away and he had referred to it as an adventure, which was often a good thing, especially with the tone of voice as he mentioned it, so he could only assume that it had been a family member or someone else of close nature. "Where did you go?" He inquired softy, wondering just what sort of adventures the young man could have gone on. He didn't look very old at all, though he couldn't be certain, but he knew that travel, especially by sea, could take quite some time.

[/html]
[html]
Ah well, everyone misses some stuff every once in a while XP

"I remember seeing horses used often in Jerusalem, seeing as how cars are rarely in working condition these days." He said with another small lighthearted chuckle. It seemed that while this man was rather calm and serene, he had a good sense of humor. When he referred to the big metal things, Ty thought about it for a second, he thought he might know what they were, but he had to make sure he wasn't just completely off about it. "You mean...what are those called...hmmm...uhhh...." Ty scratched his chin, it was on the tip of his tongue, and yet he couldn't say. that's when it came to him. snapping his fingers, he spoke "Plough! That's it, the plough! Those are more often pulled by oxen though right?" He smiled "Yes, some fresh vegetables would be nice if we got one of those...."

Hearing his agreement about his mother, he smiled warmly. He could tell that Haephastus had a lot of love for his mother, and it was nice to heard it. He smiled when the man said he hoped to use some of it, replying with general encouragement. "To be honest, some art around here would be nice, and I'll bet you have a lot to share in terms of culture from Jerusalem? Are you by any chance, religious Haephastus." His question was only back by the fact that although humans were extinct, many of their belief systems live on, some still believe in the human gods. But Ty even though skeptical, he was also curious about it. Finding out some more things would be nice.

That's when Haephastus asked him about his past, and he gave a soft chuckle. He did like talking about his past, but he knew droning about it ended getting a lot of people bored with him. So he looked to his new friend with a soft nod. "Yes, my mother swept us from here when I was two months old, then I left her at about three months old, then before I knew it, I was on a mercenary boat training to be a warrior....long story." He said as he scratched the back of his head, smiling softly. He wondered what the reaction from the man would be, surprise like most? Or just understanding?
[/html]