Package from a past life
[html]
The middle of the forest, a place where normally, one would hear nothing. However, today, you could hear the sound of something being dragged, along with some grunting. Ty had been spending most of his day dragging two large trunks from the beach, a place where he had a very interesting meeting. Ty had an unexpected visit from his former commander and the Bladebound, famed traveling mercenaries which Ty was once a part of. They had come by to deliver Ty's things to him and to say good bye, one last time. Ty knew he may go off again to be a mercenary some day in the future, but today, he must stay in the Valley.

However, Ty hit a snag once they left, the trunks that he was given, filled with his weapons and possessions(mostly weapons) Were too big for him to carry, and his house, which was formerly DaVinci's house, was rather far from the beach. So ty had been slowly dragging the trunks from the beach, spending half a day to get them where they were. While it was indeed a good exercise, Ty really could use some help, even for someone just to drag the other trunk, as dragging them one by one in an alternating fashion was a rather slow and agonizing process. He had sat down on a rock and was catching his breath as the sun hung high in the sky, signaling mid-day. He looked at the trunks in frustration as to how could he get them any farther without so much effort.
[/html]
Pendzez had been in an opening area of the near by forest. He wanted to have some peace as he wanted to practice with a new weapon which he managed to salvage from an old hut the was in the neutral territories. The weapon was a sword that was from the Asian country of Japan. A Masamune. One of the blades that was used by samurai warriors and was traditionally used in bushido. He held the blade in his right and the sheath in his left, the blade shining in the sun light. The sheath showing the gold that lined it.

He stood silent, looking down, but with his eyes closed to block out the thoughts that would potentially interfere. His limbs were motionless, his mind clear, his concentration rising. Then, with a burst of movement, he swung the blade of the Masamune around, along with the sheath. He was using it in the traditionally matter, ending his movement with another slashing move with cut a falling leaf in two. He was some way, a samurai.
[html]
Ty was just about to start dragging the two trunks again, when he saw something out of the corner of his eye, a small glint against the sun, something shiny, something unusual, not made in the natural world. Turning his head towards the glint, he could see now that it was indeed a sword, by the looks of it, a katana. Ty then noticed the familiar white coat of the white noble himself, wielding the katana with quite a bit of proficiency. Grinning warmly, Ty called out to the comrade. "Hey! Pendzez!"

With that shout, he stood up and walked into the open clearing, raising his hand in a calm greeting, brandishing a cheerful smile. As he got closer, he spoke up again. "Fancy seeing you out here! I see you have a kata--" Ty almost choked on his words looked in a wide-eyed surprise as he noticed which katana it was, a sword that was so rare, only a few select warlords had it, he then spoke in a quiet admiration. "A...A masamune..." He looked at the blade before looking at Pendzez again, awe and admiration were twinkling in his eyes. He spoke though with a cool, calm tone to his voice, acting more mature today then usual. "You have a masamune, impressive...those swords are some of the rarest swords in the world nowadays. Where did you find it?"
[/html]
Pendzez seemed surprised to see Ty here, what looked like he was dragging some logs around, for a reason unknown. Pendzez wasn't really wondering with the logs, he was pleased that there was someone here, knowing that he wasn't alone. However, he eventually began to wonder why the brown male before him was dragging the logs around. They couldn't have been for fire wood. It's too big, not to mention that lighting a fire would be pointless, since that the days were hot and the nights were reasonably warm. "Ty."

He then listened as Ty began to compliment on Pendzez's new weapon, the Masamune. It sounded like he got it mixed up with a normal katana. He eventually got it. Yes, it was a rare sword indeed, only some were every made. It was a good thing that Pendzez has one of the real ones and not a replica. Replicas are noticeable by the blade bluntness. The real ones can even cut skin. Fakes wouldn't even cut paper. "Yes, I found it in the old human city to the south. Luckily, it's a real one."
[html]
"Lucky indeed, most masamunes these days are either too rusty for use, or buried with their previous owners, unattainable really." He looked at the blade again with general interest. "You've found one in perfect condition...I must say that is a miracle to find these days..." He looked back to Pendzez and sighed "I've always wanted one for my own collection of weapons during my mercenary days." He pointed to the two trunks he was physically dragging home. "but...I was never able to find one on my own...ah well, I don't mind to much anymore..."

Looking back at Pendzez, he gave the man a challenging look, now wanting to talk about his skill. "you didn't tell me you knew how to wield a katana.. He mused as he sized Pendzez up, the weapon suit him, suit his nobility, suit his seriousness, it just was a weapon he would understand. "Who taught you to weild a weapon like that though? Was it your mentor, Baron? Or was this somethign you picked up on your own?"
[/html]
Ty must have been using a lot of hard work to find an artifact such as a masamune. These swords were rare that only some warlords were know to have them in their possessions. Maybe this one that Pendzez had was recovered from a burial of a warlord. The sword was then maintained in perfect condition, being gone around the world, putted on display as one of the remaining masamunes in existence. The humans must have been taking care of such an artifect that was a sign of nobility and power. Pendzez didn't use power as a way to gain control of certain lands. He didn't wish to over power a pack as a sign of power. Abusing it would be consequential. "It's was actually plain luck to find it in a place like a human city."

Since Pendzez had been using a spear as his main weapon, it kind of picked up on how to use a sword like a masamune. Using a spear was easy, now a sword would be a tad complicating, but Pendzez would manage to see through the flaws and notice the benefits. He liked the Japanese traditions of Bushido and spear fighting style. In fact, he was getting good at it. "Just picked up along the way."
[html]
"Then fortune must truly smile on you my friend." Ty said as he unfolded his arms and started walking back to his trunks. "And I must say, I'm impressed that you've learned how to weild the katana all by yourself, that's a rare feat as well as finding a masamune. It certainly shows how quick you are to pick up a weapon and use it." He looked back to the katana, then back to Pendzez. "I don't know many people who are able to just pick up weapons like that...it's a feat in and of itself."

Turning back to the trunks, Ty flashed a eager smile, he began to wonder...how good was Pendzez? Could he hold his own? The masamune, while a powerful weapon, was useless if the warrior did not have the discipline to use it. Ty had faith in Pandzez, and that's part of what intrigued him about it. Pendzez was already a man of incredible focus and concentration, but would that transfer as well to combat as it did his healing abilities? Turning his head, he made a friendly but challenging glance with a smirk on his lips. "how skilled would you say you are with that?" He asked, a hint of eagerness tracked in his voice, a hint of his passion, his interest, but at the same time, his focus and determination. Ty simply stood and smiled, waiting for the white noble's response, but if one noticed with a trained eye, they could see the glint of excitement and alertness in Ty's eyes.
[/html]
Pendzez took the compliment. He seemed pleased about the fortune that would be blessed upon him by holding a rarest of all Asian swords. He wasn't really quick with it, but he was able to swing with it. Unlike a spear, the sword only required one hand to be held with. He can also do damage with one hand if he held a sword. He was also fortunate to it in the city. Pendzez seemed to be doing well, even though he was the spirit king. "I guess I'm a quick leaner."

Pendzez watched as Ty looked at him and gave a friendly, however also a challenging remark. Ty wanted to know how well Pendzez knew how to use a sword like a masamune. Pendzez only had it for a few days and he only just started practicing with it. So, to answer his question... "Well, I'm sort of good with it. Maneuvering and flexibility is something I need touching up on."
[html]
"Well...I'm impressed, and I certainly think that one day you will live up to your noble heritage." Ty said as he began to walk to his trunk, his glance still fixed on Pendzez, he chuckled as he walked. "But from my experience, a warrior cannot truly learn how to wield a weapon until you use it against another...at least in practice if not a combat situation." He mused as he got about halfway, his voice, while cool and calm, still had that hint of ferocity and passion, like he had been waiting for a fight for too long. "Now, I'm no master of combat, but I'm no untrained thug either. As a member of the Bladebound mercenaries, I was taught many different melee arts, and I think I could help you develop with it. So what do you say? A few practice rounds...with me?

Ty stopped when he got about halfway, waiting to see how Pendzez would respond, but Ty already knew deep down inside that his blood was boiling, his adrenaline coursing through his veins, but he still kept that calm, but confident smile on his face. His eye still fixed on Pendzez, not budging for a second. When Ty got into a warrior persona, much of him was still there, he was still friendly, lighthearted, and funny, but he was more mature about the situation, his childish whimsy and innocence tended to vanish, disappear. He knew even if Pendzez said no, he would go find a tree to cut up, but he suspected Pendzez might be up for it.
[/html]
Pendzez was pleased of what Ty said, however the white male was a bit misunderstanding as the other male said that a weapon can not be truly wielded unless it is used against another, then he asked for something that was, in a way, was a challenge. Pendzez wasn't really sure if she continue on with this kind of challenge, because Pendzez was concerned that Ty would lose an arm or a leg. Pendzez didn't want to hurt his friend. However...

Pendzez wanted to have a little fighting challenge. Pendzez looked down at the ground as he looked up at his friend, pointing the tip of the masamune at Ty. "Accepted." The white actually wanted to have a little challenge with a friend, since he hasn't had any practice with anyone for a long time.
[html]
"Hmhmhm...pleased to hear that." He said as he resumed his short walk to his trunk. The fact he accepted it made his heart almost jump with excitement, but he could hide it well. His muscles tensed and relaxed, preparing themselves for activity. He began to stretch lightly as he continued to walk, making sure he was flexible enough. He figured he was going to enjoy this, he could see though that Pendzez was worried, but Ty showed no fear at all. He was confident enough about the situation so he'd come out fine, and believed he had enough self-control to not hurt Pendzez. When he reached his trunk, he flipped open the latch and shoved the top off. the trunk was filled to the brim with axes, polearms, swords, and many other weapons, even two firearms, which were rarities in themselves.

But the question was, which one to use in practice against a katana? It was a large, but fast cutting weapon, and very few weapons came close to the quality of something like the masamune. Anything such as a claymore or any sort of axe would be a bad idea, they were too big and bulky, the katana would slice right by, polearms would have an advantage here, but Ty didn't feel like he was in the mood, so he picked a weapon he hadn't used in a long, long time. Reaching into the trunk, he pulled out a large scimitar, a hand-and-a-half curved sword which was just as fast (if not faster) then the katana, with quite a bit of cutting power behind it. Walking back, he drew the weapon quickly, attaching the sheath to a belt, which he place on his hips. Walking back, he twirled the scimitar lightly before taking position, holding the blade with one hand in front of him, leaving his other hand free. "Whenever you are ready." He said with a smirk.
[/html]
Pendzez seemed to notice that accepting the little challenge made Ty jump excitingly. While Ty was pleased, Pendzez didn't see it as a matter that was forth being excited about. Although it's just practice, the white male still had his concerns about this whole idea of a practice. However, he had his likings about the idea. He would like to have some more practice with the blade. Maybe this would be beneficial.

He stood there silent, watching Ty with his red eyes. His muscles relaxed and his mind clear of any loose thoughts. There was patience. He had to watch Ty closely, to examined and read his moves, to learn his patterns and how he maneuvers. The breeze blew south, the forest remained quiet as the two males stood there, watching each other for when they move. His eye's met the other male. His sword's tip pointed against the tip of the scimitar that Ty held. Quarter of a minute passed. Pendzez swept the blade against the ground, taking steps forward, moving the blade to striking positions, moving the blade towards Ty, also hoping that he would block.
[html]
Ty's trained eye saw Pendzez's strike coming a mile away, Pendzez's muscle movements were hard to read, but they were still apparent enough for Ty to take notice. His reaction was instant, his movements were quick and controlled, every muscle in his being acting in perfect coordination and reaction to the attack, not missing a beat in the flow of the movements. Taking one step back, he quickly moved his entire body out of the way of the strike, the blade harmlessly passing him. This movement left Pendzez's side wide open, allowing Ty to lash out at it with his blade. He aimed for Pendzez's chest in a stabbing motion, making sure he would stop the blade inches away from Pendzez's body if he did not block or get out of the way.

Ty felt that this spar was going to give him a much more accurate look at how skilled Pendzez was. It wasn't that Ty didn't take his word, he just knew that a lot of warriors would tend to beef themselves up before battle, even him. He could see now that Pendzez took the bushido code to heart, his body and mind focused and humble. Ty admired that in his opponent, but he also knew many of the bushido ways, and could give back just as much focus and determination that Pendzez had, if not more. After all, he had been doing this for all his life.
[/html]
Pendzez so far got some of Ty's movements. Pendzez's might have been hard to read, but Ty was much the same, but the white male managed to memorize those he just preformed. He was surprised that Ty was quick to react and evade Pendzez's attack. The white male watched as Ty lunged the sword forward for his chest. He shifted his body to the right, the blade missing him just, only his fur was touched the blade of the scimitar. The white noble knocked the blade away with his masamune, regaining equilibrium quickly.

Pendzez was so already heated up for this practice. His bllod was pulsing in his body with his eyes set on Ty. He ran his free hand along the smooth side of the blade, avoiding running it along the sharpness. He was actually giving a little taunt to Ty to attack. The white male still held his sword tightly for when Ty does strike, but he was going slow. Pendzez then stepped forward, bringing the blade up from the ground into an uppercut strike.
[html]
Ty only chuckled as his blade sliced off a tiny bit of fur from his opponent's fur. He prety much let the blade casually fall to his side as Pendzez knocked it away. He had a calm smile on his face as he continued to read Pendzez, trying to calculate his next moves. But that's when he noticed something, Pendzez was...taunting him? He only responded with another chuckle, that was the kind of bait thugs buy, but not Ty, Pendzez wanted Ty to lash out in a bit of anger at his little taunt, but that wouldn't happen. Despite all appearances, Ty was smarter then that.

Ty saw the uppercut slice coming, this time he did bring his sword in to defend himself, allowing the katana to smash up against the side of his scimitar. In retaliation, he pushed away the katana with one arm, then brought the scimitar around his head for a cut at Pendzez's open collarbone. Of course, he would stop if Pendzez did not defend, but he figured he would. Pendzez so far was keeping up with Ty, but how long would that last?

[/html]
Ty was doing this on purpose, apart from the blade attacks. When Pendzez knocked the scimitar away with the masamune, he saw that let fall to the side, but only to open an attack which, from the direction, appeared to heading for the white males collar bone. Pendzez was quick to react by shifting his body back, keeping the legs stationary, but his chest leaned back to evade the blade's tip. However, He didn't want Ty to take the taunt to seriously. It was only just practice, a little challenge after all.

Regaining bodily equilibrium, he watched him again. From those movements, he managed to memorize. If Ty was to use every little assault technique he knows, then Pendzez would have to memorize them so that he might be able to predict the movements. Right now, he might manage to be aware from the current movements since they were just preformed. He might have the upper hand if he can predict them. He moved his blade up, moving his right arm to his left and pointing the blade to the right while down on an angle. He might have a plan.
[html]
Ty could see that Pendzez was catching on to his basic movements, but Ty was going to try and get more and more unpredictable. Pendzez was definitely quick to catch on, but he was still inexperienced with a sword, While Ty had been holding a blade near him since he was four months old. He was still treating this casually though, but he wasn't going to underestimate the white noble for being a newbie with a sword. As the blade passed the white wolf, Ty then jumped back, allowing them to gain some space between one another.

Ty saw that Pendzez had taken a very recognizable stance, but it was unpredictable. Pendzez either could make diagnol cuts from above, or stab forward. So Ty had to play it safe on his next move, but decisive. Bringing his scimitar in front of him, tip pointed down, his eyes met the red pools of the white noble. He suddenly dashed forward, but brought his blade upward, bashing Pendzez's blade off balance, pushing it up and over both their heads, purposefully pushing Pendzez off balance. Then while the white noble was off balance, he brought the blade over his head and aimed a slice for Pendzez's ribs, always remembering to stop if Pendzez wouldn't keep up.
[/html]
Pendzez was expecting what Ty did. He was expecting that he would knock the blade upward over their heads. He watched Ty carefully for his next moving, following the blade as it went for the white male's ribcage. Pendzez managed to block the attack, using the sheath of the masamune as a guard to stop the blade. Lucky enough, the sheath had metal and gold stripping along the frame work.

With Ty's scimitar in contact with the sheath, the white male pushed the blade away. Jumping back for space, he did formal samurai blade preparations, returning the masamune to it's original position he had it in before Ty pushed it off balance. He had a plan to get Ty's blade off guard, no totally disarm Ty. An old sword play technique that was practiced only to the greatest samurai of the old human times.
[html]
Ty saw now that Pendzez was reading his movements, which Ty didn't mind, he was keeping that in mind while sparring against the white noble. He was pleasantly surprised when Pendzez reacted with his sheath in a parry. Ty had to admit, Pendzez was proficient for how long he'd been using a katana, he must have been reading up on it before hand, along with being already proficient in a weapon, his spear. Ty truely admired how quickly this spirit king caught onto the arts of swordplay and combat.

But unfortunatly, Ty could see the difference in their skill levels. As skilled as Pendzez was, Ty could see he was not quite as experienced as he was, not to blame him, after all, Pendzez had many more talents Ty did not, as Ty's only experiences revolved around some sort of combat, be it hunting, fighting, planning a strategy, or diplomatic negotiating. Ty didn't let up when Pendzez pushed the blade off of his sheath, making a swift 360 degree turn, he suddenly dropped low and made a low cut for the legs. Then without skipping a beat, made a rising cut. He realized Pendzez relied on having time to think, time to plan moves against Ty, so he simply began to turn up the pressure, not allowing Pendzez to think up strategies.
[/html]
OOC:end fight here? Pendzez winner?

Pendzez saw that Ty was up to something when he found that he was reacting to the sheath parry. He watched as Ty made a turn then couched to go for the legs. It was sudden that Ty changed his attack for an uppercut. Surprising it may be, Pendzez was quick to react by shifting his body weight back to avoid the uppercut. Ty was quick, but Pendzez was getting quicker. By reading moves, he would be able to predict his movements before doing them.

Pendzez was gonna do something way more different, but still resorting to the technique which he was gonna preform. With the attack dodged, he spun a 360 degree turn, shifting weight down for a crouch, then lifting himself up, moving his hand up to bash the bottom of the handle of the Scimitar with the bottom of the masamune's handle, hoping to knock the blade out and disarm Ty. This was his only chance to disarm him.