Searching for an Old Friend...
The grasses seemed to be heaving over from the weight of the rain bearing down on them. It was almost too much for even Angel! She groaned as she found a large leafy tree she could hide under for the time being. Shaking her pelt in her four legged form she removed the water from her body so as she could dry out easier. The rain wouldn't stop now would it? She was wondering if this place was in flood danger at all if any. Perhaps the Alpha of this place was thinking the same. Either way, she wanted to see the Alpha and see if it was indeed her old friend she knew way back when.

Tilting her head back she let out a howl that resonated from her throat and made its way into the skies and through the trees. It called out for the one named Ember Phoenix. A name she recognized for sure. The winds seemed to help it flow through the millions of water drops falling from the skies to reach the ears of the powerful Wolf that held them atop of his skull. Once silenced, she awaited for a response to come to her.
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The wolf did not usually come out in rain like this, but she had an odd feeling today. She watched the border for a bit each day, watched the flow of wolves in and out of Aniwaya, and defended them if necessary. She felt like something important might happen if she went by them today, even with all the rain. Ember took slow steps through the soggy grass, beads of water collecting on her coat and dripping down before they could soak in.

At the sound of the howl her ears went forward. Someone was out there! She had gotten that feeling...and it had been correct! The sub-leader started to make her way toward where the sound had come from, keeping on alert. "Hello?" She called as she drew nearer, frowning. Where were they, exactly?

[/html]
Hearing that she had been replied to, Angel made her way to the call of "Hello?" that sounded in the dark. "Yes, I am here! By the old oak tree!" Angel shouted back hoping that the woman would hear, since she could tell it was female. Angel looked up at the oak tree and tried to eye some particular part of it that would make it stand out. Then she saw the dip in the dirt that revealed the roots. "With a hole in the roots! Big enough for some one to climb into." She spoke again. Angel remained in that spot to make sure that she would be visible. Seeing a hole in the canopy she saw the moon peeking out, and into its light she stepped in. There, that should make me more visible, Angel thought to herself. Staying put, Angel looked about her. Was this the area her old pack used to live on? Did Ember continue to rule the pack she remembered? It had been so long. She wondered if Ember would even remember her.
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She should have shown better skills than this at her own borders...the female was usually prepared, but today her mind was wandering. She couldn't stop thinking about Dawali despite the amount of time that she spent trying -not- to think about him. Ember didn't know what to do any more. She didn't really have a whole lot of friends...wolves to talk to about this. It was a personal thing. She would go to Savina but wasn't sure about going to the Crimson Dreams pack with their sudden change of leadership. Savina was probably really busy. And she wasn't sure about the whole story behind everything...Kansas was still there, even though Savina had kicked their sister out of the pack. At least Aniwaya was free of such problems.

Truth be told, she didn't quite remember the other female's name. There was something familiar about her, she knew, but a lot had changed since then and Ember had gone through a lot, too. "Ohhh...I see you now." She said, approaching. "You look familiar." She stated, crossing her arms, rain dripping down through some of the leaves to land on her head and ears.

[/html]
{{Okay. Away post is now forfeit.}}

Angel smiled as she saw the female approach her. Ember sure looked amazing since she had last seen her! It was wonderful to see such a face once more. "I do believe this information might help you. I believe you are the same Ember Phoenix that ran as Alpha Female for Shadowed Sun some time ago. A fire had broken out and wiped the lands clean of every memory of the happy territory and the seasons we lived in. You met me on the borders one cold autumn. I was slightly timid and young for I was no more than two back then. I had served you since then and to the year of the fire until I lost contact with Shadowed Sun. I will not be surprised if you do not remember. It has been so long ago and lots of things I am sure has happened for you and with you since that time until now." Angel spoke as she kept her smile on her lips. Her ice blue eyes seemed to glow in the dark though the moon was shining brightly on the both of them. Angel turned to show her the burn mark on her right shoulder she had obtained from that massive fire. "It was such a horrific fire as well. I do not remember what had started it, though I have a feeling it was lightning, but I was devastated with how much damage had been inflicted on those lands after the fire consumed what it wanted and died. I worry about the members that escaped for I am sure others that tried to failed indeed to grasp at the free air. However, it seems like you are now striving here well in Aniwaya, yes?"
[html]
I love your avatar!

She wore her cloak today as she usually did, long, dark hair decorated with a variety of beads and feathers. She was not an original member of Dawali's tribe, but she had been there with him when Aniwaya had first been formed. Anyone in their tribe was considered to be a full member, she supposed, and anyone could wear feathers and beads. She wanted to make herself stand out from the others, as a sub-leader rather than a regular member, so she decorated herself with more beads and dyed feathers to stand out a bit more.

She cocked her head to the side as she listened to Angel, brows furrowing in slight confusion. "I was a member there, but Pilot and Tayui were my leaders. It was a while ago...but I never did get up to leadership, not that I recall. This is the first time I've been a leader of something. But the Shadowed Sun pack was formed after the fires. My father Phoenix ran Storm, back in the old lands, forever ago...but it's been a while since then." Phoenix and her were like day and night. His pelt had held beautiful colors and hers was a dull brown/black. She did have his eyes, though. "I am doing well in Aniwaya, though, thank you. Settling in well."
[/html]
Angel looked to the ground in thought, and then remembered. "Ahh yes. You did look much like him. Perhaps that was where I got my confusion. However, it is good to see a survivor of the flames that happened in Phoenix Valley however. I am glad you are doing well here. I was a faithful servant of your fathers and of Pilots when I was in the pack before the fire. Your father was an amazing man, Phoenix. I am glad to have been by his side. Tell me. Where is he now if you have the knowledge?" Angel asked wondering if he was still alive or not. She wondered if perhaps he had been caught by the flames, but only Ember here would know the truth of his existance.

Yeah, had an rper make it for me. I love it! And sorry its short xPP
[html]
<333

She wondered if this wolf had met her father, or if she had not. Phoenix had been a giant brown wolf, whereas Ember was a very dark color. Phoenix looked more like Firefly did, in fact, than any of the other pups. And even then there were some differences. One could not walk up to Ember and be able to tell that she was Phoenix's child without having been given her last name.

"I think he's off doing something impotant, some battle or something. Obviously something more important than being back here with his family" She said bitterly. She was still here, without her mother or her father. Ember wasn't a pup any more, but it still would have been nice to have a parental figure around every once in a while, for advice.

[/html]
It had been such a while since Angel had met him so it was most likely she had forgotten his pelt color. She remembered more of who he was than what he looked like. As Ember began to speak again Angel nodded to show that she was indeed listening. "I see. Well, when he returns, I will have to find him. If he even returns. Why is he out doing such might I ask?"

Angel squinted her eyes as she tried to get a real focus of why he could just up and leave like he did especially with his family here. Angel took note of the bitter tone and understood. Her father too one day got up and walked out on her for other important business and hadn't seen him for some time, or ever again for that matter. She hoped it was not the same for Ember here.
[html]

"I hope that he does, so that I might at least tell him off for leaving. I guess that it helped me to become a better warrior, not really having any help from a parent and everything...but I expected to have my father with me for a long time. He just ran off." She was obviously still troubled by this, but tried not to let too much of her annoyance show through in her tone. She didn't want Angel to think she was always like this...she only became annoyed like this if something was really bothering her.

"He's a grandfather, even. My brother's mate had pups over in Crimson Dreams. But still no word from him." Maybe he had died. She didn't know how she would feel if she got news like that. Phoenix had been a large part of her life when she had been younger.

[/html]
"Indeed. Well I bid you blessing upon you and your family and hope that he does indeed return. I do surely miss him. If ever you feel up for a chat let me know! I wouldn't mind going out just to relax or any of the sort." Angel smiled as she rummaged through her bag.

"A parting gift if you will though I am the one parting. Herbs and other first aid supplies if ever you have a need for them. Just mash the herbs, place it on a wound like a cut or something minor of the sort or even a bigger slash cut, and wrap the linen around the wound and it will heal in days." Angel smiled as she began to make her way back to her home land. "Have a good night Ember!"