could've been the champagne [p]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i39.tinypic.com/2dtbofn.jpg); width: 520px; height: 482px; z-index: 1; line-height: 11px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; left:102px; top: 40px; width: 290px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

Sorry for the wait! I'm technically on absence, since I juuuust moved into college, but, yeah. NPC is just a generic timber wolf, nothing special. You can GM him being attacked and leaving and stuff, all yours now. ^^ 500+ words.

the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

The coast was littered with jagged rocks, large and menacing in the thick clouds of the afternoon. Princess was annoyed again at what had passed between her, Ares, Haven, and Mati, and her bad mood was obvious. True to her nature, when she was angry, Princess did not bother shifting, and once again found herself wandering around in her lupus form. Muttering to herself in words that could not even be understood to her own ears, the girl did not notice the bright, golden eyes following her every movement or even hear the small growls coming from the same direction. Being so unobservant, she also didn't notice when the wolf stepped out from behind the rock.

"Little girl, what in the world are you mumbling about?" came the leering voice, and Princess halted, turning to look at him vehemently. Well, wasn't he rude! "I am not a little girl, I'm almost a full adult." She hated being smaller than the average size for her age; everyone always assumed she was far younger than she actually was. And what was it his business that she was so angry? Princess didn't think it was any of his business, and she was most certainly going to let him know about that. It was nobody's business but her own; not her brother's, and not Haven's sister's, and certainly not this strange wolf's. Why would no one ever butt out?

"It's not any of your business! Why won't anyone just leave me alone? It just so happens that I had sex and then my brother punched the guy, and no one will leave me alone about it, and if you want to be nosy any more than that, I'll. . . I'll. . ." She paused, her voice building as she faltered. "Or I'll bite you!" Before she could even consider that it might not be good to antagonize this strange wolf, he had come closer, snarling and practically spitting with anger, pinning her quickly to the ground. Evidently, he did not enjoy her petulance.

"I'll show you a bite, little wench," he growled, bringing his teeth to the shoulder and neck closest to his mouth, the harsh sting bringing a yelp from her. Judging from her snappish tones, the male wolf thought her to be a fiery girl - and she had just told him she'd had sex already, so no one could really blame him for wanting to take advantage of that, could they? As he attempted to position himself over her rapidly moving form, Princess snapped at the paws holding her down, allowing her the freedom needed to move around enough to fight her way out from underneath the strange male.

Angered by her newfound ability to move, he attacked her once more, teeth finding the sensitive flesh near her paws, snapping sharply and edging her toward the ocean behind her. "Stop it, stop it, stop it!" she shrieked, trying to get away from him with little damage. True to her "amazing" parenting skills, Tokyo had never really taught Princess how to defend herself, so the girl, though almost an adult (as she had felt it necessary to yell about), was absolutely useless when it came to protecting herself.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... ornado.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:200px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#010000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#E8B84A; line-height:16px">
@$%&A high-pitched yelp of distress cut through the air like a knife, rattling down his ears and causing him to swing his heavy head in the direction of the source. One foot remained suspended mid-air as he glanced behind him, red eyes narrowing and black nose wriggling as he decided to investigate. Placing his foot down quietly now, he turned about smoothly and kept low to the ground as he navigated his way to the two squabbling wolves. One was a female, quite young, the other was a male and... Sick fucking bastard! His heart raced as the girl managed to squirm free, her shrieks making the male's intentions obvious and her refusal to consent abundantly clear.

@$%&It was hard to say what compelled him to act as he did next; it was uncharacteristic for him to stick his neck out for anyone who wasn't a resident of Inferni. Perhaps it was the girl's youth--unlike some, Anselm didn't see it fit to go coupling with children (except, of course, when he had been one himself). Maybe it was simple disdain for what the male was doing. He saw great psychological weakness and disability in rapists, for they were clearly unable to secure willing partners without resorting to force. It wasn't like it took a whole hell of a lot to overpower a female, anyway, so there was hardly any pride in that. Then again, this girl was from Crimson Dreams, and it was also possible he held some strange loyalty to the dark Italian woman at that pack's helm... or, rather simply, maybe he just had a lot of pent up frustration and he'd found a wonderful target to take it out on. He was still extremely perplexed by the situation with Faolin, and this dumbass was asking for it. More likely than not, it was some vague combination of all of these factors. Regardless, the net result was the same.

@$%&Anselm charged forward, keeping his centre of mass low as he moved. He gave no warning barks or growls--surprise was the key element here. The wolf was so preoccupied with his endeavour he failed to notice the golden hybrid until Anselm had already collided roughly with his shoulder, sending him tumbling and rolling across the ground. "Hey, I found her first, asshole. Finders keepers!" the wolf protested as he rose and pulled back his lips in a snarl. A deep, throaty growl rumbled in the man's chest as he bared his own fangs, fur all on end and aggression plain upon his features. Still no words were spoken--trash like this didn't deserve an explanation. The other's assumption only caused him to snort roughly, and he stood between the younger girl and the idiot pointedly, glowering. The wolf was growing uneasy because of his silence--was this battle worth it at all? He really hadn't been looking for a fight as much as an easy victim.

@$%&The girl's tormentor was taking too long to decide, so Anselm made up his mind for him. Rushing forward again, he ducked his head down low and went straight for the other man's throat, snaking his head to the side at the last second and grabbing the male by the side of his neck rather than simply crushing his windpipe. Anselm thrashed his head wildly, and the other wolf was forced to go down once more to keep his neck from being ripped apart. The wolf snapped, too, but his jaws only found air. Now that he was on his side, Anselm placed his weight on the wolf's chest, pinning him--he had a fitting punishment in mind. The wolf was kicking at him wildly now, claws aiming for his soft belly. One struck and scratched up his armpit, and Anselm retorted by grabbing a hold of the paw and crushing it completely. Now it was the wolf's turn to yelp in pain, and Anselm wasted no time in shifting his position to the wolf's posterior end: in a flash, his fangs raked across the other wolf's manhood and latched on to flesh. Giving a good yank, he danced away, spitting his prize out shortly as if it were made of acid.

@$%&Needless to say, the wolf was horrified. "You sick freak!" Anselm simply grinned devilishly in return, his eyes alluding to something more: Fitting, ain't it? The hybrid had retreated several steps and the wolf saw his chance. He turned and fled rapidly (despite his limp), a pitter-patter of blood left in his wake. Maybe he would bleed to death. Maybe he wouldn't. He certainly wouldn't be forcing himself on any more children, though. Shaking off dust as his hackles settled, he eyed the dismembered member and wretched, spitting out whatever he could. It wasn't graceful and it sure wasn't pretty, but in his mind, it was something that had needed to be done. He now became aware of the female again, and he turned and he looked at her with surprising indifference before sighing to himself and shaking his head. "You alright, kid?" he finally spoke, for the first time throughout the entire episode.

» No worries, been swamped lately myself. x_x
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/S ... ainbow.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:375px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

New table, woo. =3 500+ words.

######So preoccupied with the strange wolf was Princess that she did not even notice the other male coming, just as the other wolf did not see him. His body launched into the situation from somewhere to the side, and for a moment, the girl was afraid he was going to actually help the strange wolf in cornering her against the breaking waves. The initial attack had not been expected - though her cheekiness had prompted it, she could only assume, even if the stranger had been thinking about it before she had said something - so she could not rule out the possibility of the second male doing the same. Her guard had gone up, and she had grown nervous in the current situation, wishing desperately that she had not come to the rocky shore. Her shoulder hurt, and the side of her neck that he had initially attacked was bleeding. Along with the physical pain, there was the knowledge of what he had tried to do to her looming in her young mind.

######Stepping back briskly, the water dragging her paws down into the damp sand, Princess stared open-mouthed as the second male attacked the first, blood spraying from his belly. From where she stood, she could not actually see what had happened, but after the lighter male spat and the darker male ran, she was able to piece it together with complete horror as she stared at the piece of the wolf her savior had removed. Thankful as she was, she almost felt a little bit of pity for her attacker - however, those feelings were incredibly short-lived, and she kept her distance while he gave up the remainder of the attacking wolf in a very unpleasant manner. It was never a fun thing to have to watch someone become sick, and it generally made her feel as if she would be ill, as well. He had not paid her any attention yet, though Princess knew that he was aware of her. Otherwise, he would not have saved her from the other wolf, for whatever reason he had chosen to save her. She appreciated it, but did not know the proper way she was supposed to thank him. Really, she had never been saved before, and did not plan to make it a habit.

######When he finally spoke, Princess found herself almost using the same snarky tone she had used with the first stranger, but thought better of it. This male deserved better than that, since he had saved her, and to be fair to him, she was smaller than average. "I. . . Yeah. I am, now," she added, deciding that she was. She could find someone to treat her wounds back home, if they ended up being bad enough. The only one she really thought needed looking at was the bloody bite on her neck. Her shoulder didn't seem to be bleeding, judging by the lack of the feeling of liquid there, so it was not bad enough to need tending to. "Thanks, by the way," she added, averting her gaze away from him. she was no longer disgusted by what he had done to the other male, but she was mildly embarrassed about having to be saved from the situation in the first place. "I guess I deserved it, but I didn't expect to be attacked, so I'm really glad you were around." No one could really expect to be attacked in such a fashion, but she guessed that she probably hadn't helped the situation by sassing him, and especially by threatening to bite him.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bottom.png); background-color:#5A5C5A">

» I love the colours in it o: -Steals colourful flower.-

Anselm was never particularly great when it came to dealing with children--the youngest were awkward, the teens could be haughty and he was impatient in either case. A first glance may have suggested Princess was about eight or nine months old, a full quarter to a third of a year short of reality, but his words and actions would've been no different. Well on his way to his fourth year, any under the age of two were considered "kids" to him; she was obviously younger than Ryan, his own daughter, which only served to enforce this standard more. There were always the outliers--perhaps a one and a half year old with children of their own, or an exceptionally mature youth (like Haven, ironically)--but Anselm was content to classify these folks into some hazy grey range... they still weren't adults, exactly. They were kids ahead of their years, and though they displayed phenomenal wisdom or courage in some ways, they still fell victim to the "invincibility of youth" and could wind up tripping on their own feet if they got too cocky. Since when had he become such a grumpy old man?

The bronze wolf nodded and gestured with his head that they move along a bit; usually the scent of blood was tantalising, irresistible, but now it was almost making him nauseous. Obviously they wouldn't be able to escape it entirely, but maybe they'd be able to get away from the scent of the male mixed in with the blood, which was actually the bigger problem. Anselm, truthfully, felt no disgust for the outcome of his deed--a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye might leave everyone broken and blind, but in a world without police or a judicial system, it was up to individual vigilantes to enforce societal order, and he only saw a brutal kind of logic in making the punishment match the crime. Regardless, he was far more horrified at the thought of that male's parts being in his mouth. He even went so far as to snap at the breaking waves, enduring the salty flavour before spitting the water out, as it helped get rid of the taste of vomit and blood alike. Once he found fresh water, he'd probably drink a litre before he was satisfied, though the weather was no longer particularly hot.

Only now was he struck by something familiar in the girl, although he certainly couldn't place it. He hadn't spent nearly enough time with Tokyo to recognise her traits half-muddled with those of another, not like how he could usually recognise a de le Poer, Lykoi, or Holocaust on the spot. "There's a difference between showing someone their place and an all out attack. The only attacks that are justifiable are in defence--somehow I doubt you deserved it," he said simply. His tone was matter-of-fact, as usual, but the words were meant to reassure her on some level. Even if she had threatened to bite him, the older male should've known much better--he could have just walked away, the thing a normal man would do when threatened with blows from a young girl. "Anyway, don't worry about it. If anything, thank Savina for it later," he muttered. Were it any other random youth, he probably would've reacted the same.. but what if it was someone from Dahlia? Would he really want to help a child that could've come from Haku's loins or idolised that sick bastard? Anselm certainly was not without his prejudices, and life had taught him early on that suppressing the newest generation was the easiest way to both decrease morale and physically weaken a pack.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/S ... ainbow.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:375px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

My flower! D= 500+ words.

######There was no reason for them to stay where they were, and in fact, Princess was glad to be away from the area, so when her savior motioned that they should begin walking away from the spot it had happened, she followed him gratefully. To stay there would make her think of what had happened, and though the threat was gone completely - there was no chance he would come back, now that he was missing such a vital organ - she was still feeling nervous, her normally fiery nature having been subdued greatly. She kept her pace slower than that of the one who had saved her, though whether that was from her general nervousness or out of respect for the one that had saved her without question, she did not know. Regardless, this male had become an idol in her eyes, a hero in her young mind. As dramatic as she was, two things had happened instantaneously when this male had saved her; he had become an amazing hero, and the other male had become like her own personal devil.

######Of course, such a thing was not true. Though her attacker was someone she would always keep tucked away in the back of her mind, he was not to be considered her personal, living hell. That spot would always be reserved for her mother, unfortunately, though somewhere deep inside, Princess knew she still loved her mother. However, the love was a conditional love, and there would never be the possibility of her conditions being met. Tokyo would never find a way to make it up to Ares for all of her abuse, and there was not a single chance that her deceased infant siblings could be brought back to life to be raised by a loving mother. Tokyo would never have been that mother, anyway. Though she wished she could say she loved her mother still, and though it was in the bottom of her very soul, Princess knew she could never forgive her mother's misgivings. The older Chance woman was her own personal version of the devil incarnated, though she would never know it. Princess would never verbally announce it to her mother, or to anyone else. It was personal.

######Instead of trying to argue with him, she was taken aback by the last thing he said. This one knew Savina? He did not smell of Crimson Dreams, although that did not mean much, since even she had friends outside of her pack. Still, it was strange to consider that he might know her Commander in some way. "I'll have to, I guess. . . How do you know Savina?" There was no suppressing her inquisitive (admittedly, the better term for it was simply "nosy") nature, and likewise, her argumentative tendencies. She still felt as if the attack was her fault, no matter how much he had tried to assure her that attacks in defense were the only warranted ones. Maybe he would even agree with her, once he found out why it was her fault. "Well. . . I threatened to bite him. I was already angry, and then he wouldn't leave me alone, so I did that, and I guess that's why it was my fault," she added, determined to find a way to take the blame for the situation.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... e_base.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:130px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#EFEEEC">

» -Loves how Anselm teeters just on the fine line of hypocrisy.- XD

If Anselm's parents had been as useless as Princess', he would not be alive. Period. Unsupervised or neglected children were usually picked off within a week in his birth pack, and though at the time his parents had seemed somewhat overbearing and strict, he knew now that their harsh discipline was necessary. For that he loved them, although he decidedly wanted nothing more to do with them. When he had left, he'd resolved to never look back--and so far it had been easy to keep that promise. He couldn't even give a reasonable guess as to whether they were still kicking or not, as the average life expectancy there was maybe five or six at best, and he was already going on four himself. He kind of hoped they were well--hell, he hoped they had jumped ship entirely and gone to live somewhere better, but if they had stayed and fallen, at least they would know peace in death.

If he took a stab at empathy he might appreciate what all of the females he'd left behind had to deal with--being a parent was a full-time job filled with new challenges, and being a single mother must've been even worse. Still, he couldn't feel guilt for his actions--he'd made it clear enough he was a transient with no intention of sticking around for the long haul. Regardless, he certainly appreciated that the women he'd bedded with had bothered to raise his bastard children or found them suitable homes... well, at least some of them. Who knew? Maybe some had met the same fate as Princess' litter mates, but it wasn't as if either of the two wolves would ever know the difference, anyway. Those things were in the past and this was the present.

"She's a friend of mine," he answered simply, tone genuine and matter-of-fact. It was obvious, however, that he didn't think any more detail was necessary. They were nothing more, nothing less--the origin of their friendship may be considered peculiar to some, but he'd always had a hunch the friendships forged in hardship lasted longer than the "fair weather friends" that were always around when they wanted something, yet never when there was an actual issue. Anselm didn't invest a lot of faith in those outside of his clan, but he honestly believed if he needed her for some reason, the Italian woman would be at his side (within reason, of course--she wouldn't endanger Crimson Dreams, just as he'd never intentionally endanger Inferni).

As for her explanation, he quirked a brow. "And why would that be?" he mused, wondering what the stupid wolf had done to incite her aggression. Deciding, then, that maybe she still didn't want to talk about it, he rolled his shoulders in a shrug--if she wanted it to be more than a hypothetical question, it was her call. Anselm was surprisingly perceptive about these things, and he could act on them if he only chose to do so. "Either way, men don't attack girls," he reaffirmed with a snort. That was something Haku would do--he'd already proven he had no qualms slaying a defenceless mother and her son. Haku clearly wasn't a man; he was a monster. Anselm had fought with females before, but in his mind that was different: they'd instigated, and he always gave them a chance to run.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

######Given all of the things that had happened to her unfortunate siblings, Princess could only consider herself the lucky one out of the whole litter. Somehow, she had found a way to safety the night her mother had decided to kill them all out of her build up hatred, and she was also lucky enough that she did not share any features with her unknown father. Her life had not been as terrible as many others had been, though she was far too young to recognize this and understand that she was, in a few ways, blessed. She was no longer being ruled over by the dominating force that was her mother, and she had been loved, in whatever twisted way Tokyo had managed to love her, while she was growing up. In a pack like the one the stranger in front of her had been born into, it was doubtful she would have survived this long, with how ill-mannered she had been raised to be. Everything she had learned about morals and ethics, she had learned from anyone else but her mother.

######"Oh," was all she said in response, considering his explanation to be acceptable. Although she was impeccably nosy, there wasn't much more she could ask about the situation. He was allowed to have a friend in her leader, even though he obviously wasn't a member of Crimson Dreams. Despite his heroic act, he did not seem like the type who would be happy to be asked a myriad of questions about his relationship with his friends. After all, she would have been very annoyed if someone started asking questions about all of her relationships. . . That was what had sparked the entire argument with Ares, and then this attack, though the latter was indirectly. She had been visibly angry, so she did not think it was unfair to be angry with the stranger's interrogation; wasn't she allowed to be angry on her own time when she needed to vent? She did not believe it to be an unfair request.

######Sighing, she turned her face away from him, a little embarrassed about the situation. Broadcasting what had happened had already gotten her in trouble not once, and not twice, but basically three times: the first, when Ares had gotten angry with her; the second, when Haven had come to her pack and Mati and Ares had also been there; and now, this time, with the strange male. Well, what the hell - this male deserved to know, didn't he? He'd saved her from whatever that other male was going to do. "Well, I was here and angry, and he asked why, and then got angry with me. Basically, I had sex one night with this guy, and I was drunk but I wanted it, and then my brother found out. Then Haven - that's the guy, by the way - came to my pack to talk to me, but Ares, my brother, punched him, instead, so we argued, and I'm still angry," she explained, trying to keep it short and simple so as to make it go by quickly. "And I'm not a girl. My birthday is in a couple of days," she retorted. Hadn't that started the argument with the other male, too?

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... shroom.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:255px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:arial; font-size:12px; color:#F1DC96; line-height:16px">
@&#&$Everything she said next caught him remarkably off-guard, although he couldn't quite say why. Perhaps he'd somewhat arrogantly (or ignorantly) assumed her problems were more trivial and fleeting in nature--to be fair, on the surface she didn't look like someone with loads of baggage. They were now reasonably far from the scene of the crime, and he felt no remorse pausing in his footfalls to stop and stare at her, bewildered. Haven, too, of all people. He would've thought better of the Miracles' alleged knight. (The irony of a knight and--if he learned her name later--a Princess, would not be lost upon him.) The kids these days! Getting drunk and having sex and, oh lord, the drama. Wait, he thought after a moment: You did that, too. Sighing and shaking his head, he decided to offer her his (perhaps not entirely responsible) advice--that being what he would have liked to hear at her age.

@&#&$But first things first: "You're still a lot younger than any of my kids, eh? What's your name, then, kiddo?" he smirked, his tone playfully arrogant--though the words held more than a grain of truth. He hoped she'd understand. At the same time, he'd try to understand her. "But no, really. Happy early birthday, then. When you talk to Savina later, be sure to tell her old Anselm said 'hello'." He could turn the jokes in on himself, too--he wasn't exactly old, of course, but after running into the youngsters in Cour des Miracles and now this, he was feeling a bit out of place and a little bit ancient.

@&#&$"Anyway, if you wanted it there is nothing you could or should do, but tell your brother to politely get over it. You only live once, y'know. He's probably just jealous," he said, again with a grin, but again with a little more meaning behind the words than was readily obvious. "Would you care if he had sex with some girl? Do you think he'd be mad if you did?" he asked her. The questions were basically hypothetical; he didn't necessarily expect a response, and either way he'd have made his point: if she did care, she would see where he was coming from... if she had more sense and wouldn't care, she'd see that her brother was just being hypocritical. "At the same time, you have to keep in mind that he probably just worries about you. If a guy screws around, it's pretty easy for him to bail. If a girl does, she might be stuck with children. He just cares about you; give him some credit. You just have to tell him you're old enough to make your own choices and prepared to accept the consequences." Here he peered at her questioningly; though he said no more, he let his eyes speak for him: And you are, aren't you?
[/html]
[html]

1000+ words. O_O; I'm not sure where it came from.

######Though she had no reason to think such a thing, Princess was surprised to hear that her savior had kids of his own. Nothing he had done or said up until now had indicated that he did or did not, but she had automatically assumed that he was just some guy, like she had when meeting Hemming such a long time ago. Without any reason or logic behind such an idea, she had assumed thathe did not have children, and maybe not even siblings, so he might not have understood her current plight. It was strange to think of this being before her having children from his own, but she supposed that added a level of depth to him, making him seem more real than a phantom who swoops in to save the day. Princess was able to appreciate that in him, and unlike with the other male, she wasn't all that offended by the idea that he did not view her as the adult she desperately wanted everyone to see her as.

######"I'm Princess Chance, and I'll make sure to do that, Anselm," she added, testing the waters with the name he had provided her with. Like so many others here, his name was unique, something she had never heard before. It was intriguing; the name also added another level of dimension to him, which was nice. Despite her exaggerated views on things and her absurd notions on what was right and what was wrong, she was also glad to know that he did not think she was a terrible girl for having gotten drunk and had sex with what was essentially a stranger. Though she and Haven had become introduced and friendly before growing intimate, it had been the first time she had ever laid eyes on the orange Knight boy. In that respect, she could almost understand her brother's anger on the subject, even if she did not think it to be completely fair at all. While she was able to understand his reasoning, just a little (even if she didn't want to admit it), she still thought she was old enough to make her own decisions. She had been raised by Tokyo telling her everything she should believe, so to have Ares doing it now was just like a bad, male rendition of the woman that had raised them. What would he have said if he knew that he had reacted in the way Princess expected the older woman might have?

######Thinking back to the day that Haven had come to the borders, Princess recalled the thoughtless words Ares had spoke about sleeping with one of Haven's sisters. Mati was one, and with how offended she had gotten over the statement (frankly, Princess thought she had over-reacted big time), the girl suspected that there might be something between her brother and Mati. If they had chosen to have sex, would she have been mad at Mati? She supposed it was a possibility. . . But then, her brother would never introduce Mati to alcohol, so that was one difference between the two situations - one real and one hypothetical. Likewise, Mati and Ares had obviously already known one another, whereas she had just met Haven. But she would never have tried to hit Mati! That was just an absurd idea, and she did not know where her brother had gotten the idea that he could try and hit anyone he felt like hitting. What if someone seriously hurt him sometime because he tried first? As angry as she was at the moment, that would break her a bit, if her brother got hurt again.

######The idea that there could have even been any serious consequences had not occurred to her, even though she had talked to her mother just days before about where puppies came from. Obviously, it could never happen to her; it was the idea of teenage invincibility. And even if something had happened, she refused to believe Haven would have tried to get out of the situation and leave her alone. He was a Knight! They didn't leave their princesses in harm's way, no matter what, right? It wasn't exactly true, as he hadn't been here to save her today, but she could not blame him for that, since he couldn't attach himself to her hip. That would get annoying, probably, even if he could. "Haven wouldn't do that. . . He's a Knight, he told me. And what. . . Do you think anything happened? I mean, it was almost a month ago, and I'm too young, right?" The worry crept into her voice, not disguised by her normal attempts at being confident. She was too young to have children, and Haven couldn't possibly be much older than her (in fact, he was a few days younger, though she did not know this), so they couldn't be parents yet, physically.

######It just wasn't a possibility yet, she did not believe, but when might it become one? Maybe Anselm could provide her with some information, so that she knew when the best time to start worrying about that was. Everything Tokyo had taught her about puppies and having them had been negative, so she was dealing with the innate idea that puppies were a bad thing. However, she did not know whether she really thought that or not. Hell, maybe she even wanted children someday. Wouldn't that be something, huh? She peered at the older male uneasily, her golden eyes wavering between her stubborn ideas and the thought of what he might have been suggesting. She was not ready to become a mother now, and maybe she never would be. Were the risks worth it? She had certainly enjoyed the first time after the initial discomfort, but was it worth it if she could be stuck raising children alone? Maybe it wasn't, and her brother had the right idea in trying to protect her from the dangers she had not realized could be staring her right in the face. She and Haven had talked, but maybe they would need to talk again, if anything were to come of this. It might be a lucrative idea to discuss the possible risks they faced.

[/html]
[html]

Damn, dude!! I haven't been able to write posts like that since... years ago, when everyone did it. XDDD LOL @ Awkward. >_>

#$%@There it was--Princess. A puzzled look appeared on his face, though it was followed by a hearty laugh that was actually fairly warm, not mocking or unkind. "A Princess and her Knight, eh? Well I don't know who could blame you then, that's just perfect! Ha!" It seemed rather fitting for the young girl; she seemed rather dainty and feminine, and he had no doubt when she grew up she would be quite the looker. Already she was well-grown into her youthful body (perhaps her small stature had, in some ways, spared her from the "leggy," disproportionate stage of development), though he couldn't quite wrap his head around that. It was still a bit bizarre, even knowing she was obviously sexually active. He grinned anyway, shaking his head. "No, Haven is a good kid, too. He seemed pretty responsible and down to earth when I met him, at least," he said with a roll of his shoulders, not even pausing to consider she might find it odd he was acquainted with her lover.

#$%@He grew more serious, though, as the worry crept into her tone. He frowned slightly and muttered quietly, thinking aloud. "Well, let's see... my daughter now is a little over two. And... my granddaughter is almost eight months. Pregnancies last about two, so my daughter was only about three or four months older than you when it happened." He'd never actually thought about the numbers before, and now that he had, he was stunned. It was a sobering revelation, and one that rather frankly spoke of his poor parenting skills. Then again, that was no mystery or secret to anyone--himself included--and this wasn't the time to focus on himself. "Anyway, if you haven't felt funny since, you're probably fine. It's actually really easy to tell when you're likely to get pregnant.. it can only happen once a year." Was it odd he was having "the talk" with her, when he'd never even had it with any of his own kids? Shit, maybe he should be hitting up Valkyrie soon so she didn't have to lose her youth like her mother had. Needless to say, nobody had ever sat him down to flesh it all out--everything he knew was from personal experience.

#$%@"It should be obvious when that is, anyway. You.. uh.." he coughed softly, clearing his throat. "You kinda... bleed out down there," he said, jerking his snout to her posterior before turning his gaze away to the very far distance behind her just as quickly, dark-tipped ears pressed against his head awkwardly (and apologetically). He didn't particularly want to embarrass her, but she had asked and she had a right to know. Weren't girls' mothers supposed to tell them these sorts of things? Come to think of it, weren't girls supposed to tell their mothers about all of their boy drama, too? He almost suggested it before thinking better of it. Obviously he had no way of knowing of the girl's strained relationship with her mother, but there was always the possibility that she'd been abandoned (like some of his kids) or adopted, or even that her mum had met an untimely death. If only he knew.

table by Amber <3
[/html]
[html]

Yeah, it's been a forrealz while for me, too, since I've written like that. . . Jeez. It came from nowhere. Yay awkward! <3 500+ words.

######It was mildly amusing that Anselm would mention the idea of a princess and a knight in relation to their awkward relationship, since the two of them had found it completely hilarious at the time, as well, in their drunken state. Now, it just felt sort of right, although she wasn't sure how it was right, since she wasn't in love with Haven. At the time being, it was more infatuation than anything else, and because of the pack separation and the sibling drama, she did not know if anything more could ever even come of the two of them. The idea was nice, in theory, but it just did not seem like anything would ever come of it, as much as she might have liked it. . . She really did like Haven, no matter how unorthodox their first encounter had been. Her brother's anger was understandable, but because of it, Princess was afraid that Haven would want nothing to do with her now, no matter what he had said when he came to talk to her. The flowers had been sweet, at least.

######Nodding her agreement, Princess tried to quell the worries that she could feel creeping up now that he had started discussing the situation with her. "He kept saying stuff about that, and that he had a big sword, and. . . Yeah," she added, embarrassment creeping into her voice obviously as she remembered their conversation on his long and big sword. If she had been sober, it was likely she wouldn't have started talking about that with him, or flirting, if you could call it that. It was so absurd! Why had she told him that she knew he would have a long sword? Granted, in that context, it had been basically true. . . But still. If Anselm were to hear about that conversation, surely he would think her completely stupid and wish he hadn't just saved her from being taught a lesson. Maybe Mati's shock and probable opinion were valid, and she was just a. . . What was that word? She'd never used it before. Whore, or what have you. Yes, that was it, indeed; whore. Taking in the golden male's opinion of Haven, her eyes widened for a moment as she stared up at him. "You know Haven, too? Do you know everybody or something?" There was a bit of awe in her voice, as well as a bit of skepticism.

######This was good information for her to be hearing, though it was a bit awkward for her to listen to him talk about his daughter and granddaughter. It was almost as strange as telling him about what she and Haven had done, and what Ares had done and said about it. This almost seemed personal, like he was realizing it for the very first time, and that she should give him some time to think it over on his own, rather than demand explanation after explanation from him. But that thought was quickly suppressed. If the situation had seemed awkward before, it had just took the cake with the last thing he said. She would bleed, and he had to show her where? Oh, gross! That was just too much for her to handle, and she gagged a little at the thought. For the first time in her life, she seriously hoped she could never have puppies. There had been a thought somewhere deep inside before, one that told her she could have pups to prove that it wasn't a horrible thing like her mother had thought it was, but that thought was making a one-way trip out of her brain at the idea of bleeding there once every year just so she could have puppies.

######Clearing her throat, Princess stared at his paws, so much larger than her own. "How long do you. . . Bleed from. . . There?" she asked, trying to determine if she would need to find food and keep it in her room every while and again so that, if she happened to wake up bleeding, she could not leave her room in the mansion until it was finished. "And. . . Can it be stopped?" It was just gross, and even though she had enjoyed what she had done with Haven, this was not something she wanted to hear being related to it at all. Ew, ew! How come her mother hadn't told her she would bleed and it would be gross? All Tokyo had said about it was that sex was bad and gross, and that puppies were generally bad, but she had not said anything about the time you could conceive a litter. But Anselm had just blown her mind with that information, and she hoped he would clear up those things for her as well, since it was he that had broached the subject.

[/html]
[html]

» -babbled-

His eyes widened a bit at her comment, and he could feel his cheeks growing hot. "Woah, woah! No need for details!" he exclaimed, his tone a finely blended mixture of embarrassment, resistance, disgust, and surprise. He wasn't exactly sure what kind of bizarre relationship they were forging here (maybe something father-daughterish in a very dysfunctional family), but he didn't want any passer-bys to think he was some kind of sick paedophile (that was Haku's job). Even now, knowing her dilemma, there was some kind of mental block in his brain that wanted to prevent him from thinking of her any differently than he would a sweet, baby girl. You know, skipping through meadows chasing butterflies 'n all, not getting impaled by Haven's "big long sword."

Needless to say, he was all too relieved when their conversation drifted elsewhere (at least by enough), and he gave a hearty, appreciative laugh at her observation. "Something like that," he mused, not intending to go into any further detail. It was his job to know everyone and everything, and the nature of that job necessitated keeping a relatively low profile. Anselm was surprisingly enjoying Princess' company, but if she were willing to go spilling all these juicy details from her life to a near stranger, he didn't think he could count on her not to gossip. Were it anything else he'd give her the benefit of the doubt--he had made quite an introduction, so to speak, but he took his duties in Inferni seriously. Even, it seemed, to withholding information from a relatively harmless yearling that lived in his friend's pack.

Either way, his tone was probably dismissive enough to be satisfactory--it held ironic undertones. Anselm personally knew all but two of Inferni's members, and even them he had seen at their "hunt." Beyond that, whether he knew it or not, he knew at least two members from every pack save AniWaya, who were of little concern to him. Representing Dahlia were a bizarre trio: Cwmfen, whose company he enjoyed well enough, Haku, who he wanted to burn alive, and Tokyo, Princess' mum who he'd frankly love to plow, but otherwise didn't care for. In Phoenix Valley he knew the subleader Geneva and one of her subordinates, Naniko, though she may have known him as something else and hadn't lived there the last time they met. Obviously he was well acquainted with Savina in Crimson Dreams, and also her subleader who he'd tried to pick up once (and failed, crash and burn style). Finally, in Cour des Miracles, he had met both Haven and Ruri at the borders, as well as enjoyed a fine time with Leroy. Clearly it was only a matter of time before he conquered the world (or something).
        His untimely daydreaming culminated with a harsh yank back to reality, and he stared at her stupidly after she'd voiced her questions. "Um. A couple of weeks, I think, but you might be better off asking another woman," he admitted. Usually when he found menstruating females, he was only with them a brief while--say, one night--before moving on. "But no, it can't be stopped... unless you're pregnant, I guess," he replied, this time with much more certainty. "In fact, if it stops anyway and you're not pregnant, I think that means something is wrong. It's supposed to happen, unfortunately," he continued, though his train of thought ran down a different track: thank god he didn't have to deal with these problems himself!

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

######Surprise was evident on her face at what he had to say, but all she did was wrinkle her nose at his outburst. They weren't that bad of details, really. She could have told him everything, and really, what she had said wasn't that bad, but she made a mental note to leave out any details in the future. Evidently, not everyone was as curious as she was, because she knew she would want at least a little bit of details. Maybe she was the only one, or maybe Anselm just didn't need to know as much as she did, which could also be assumed by how many questions she had asked him, and how few he had asked her in return. It could have been her age, but she was very much a nosy girl, and it often times found her in a bit of trouble, since she never quite knew when she had asked one too many questions. After what she had just seen Anselm do to her attacker, she hoped she didn't annoy him too much with her ridiculous and seemingly endless questions.

######In a way, she very much envied that he seemed to know so many others. Maybe she should get out more and try to know the wolves and luperci of other packs, rather than just those in Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams or the odd one out in the unclaimed lands every so often. It would have to be a concious effort, though, and she didn't know if she could even do that. Unfortunately, she seemed to either make a very good impression, or a not-so-good one, and it didn't seem to ever be in the middle. For example, Colibri, Savina, Cmwfen, Hemming, Alexey. . . They all seemed to like her well enough. On the contrary, there were those that seemed to obviously not like her, such as Haku or, unfortunately, Mati. Eventually, she assumed she might have to be friends with Haven's sister, even though she didn't know what was going to happen - if anything - between Haven and herself.

######"That," she announced, her tone sounding very final, "Is absolutely disgusting. How come nobody's told me this before?" She couldn't have ever counted on Tokyo to tell her that, she didn't think, but did she really have to learn all this from some strange guy from. . . Wherever Anselm lived? It seemed completely unlike her to not have asked any questions about that yet, but she had been a little proccupied with her brother and Haven, and then the jerk that had attacked her. "Where are you from, anyway? What's it like there?" He already knew where she was from, obviously, since he had mentioned Savina and she knew she smelled heavily like her pack. However, she couldn't tell where he was from just by smelling him, since she didn't recognize the scent. She could recognize a Dahlian, or a Dreamer, or possibly an Aniwayan, since she had met Hemming from that pack - well, tribe, even though she still didn't know what the difference between a pack and a tibe was.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bottom.png); background-color:#5A5C5A">
      There were some kinds of questions that would downright aggravate him--intense philosophical discussions weren't his forte, for example, and he grew wary when others began to "interrogate" him about his life. Thus far the majority of her inquiries were related to general biology, however, and if anything he felt rather astute for being able to answer them so easily. The few personal questions she did ask weren't particularly worrisome and so long as she was content to accept his short, somewhat vague responses, they wouldn't have a problem. At any rate, even when others did badger him or rub him the wrong way, he was much more inclined to walk away--making it clear he did not wish to be followed--than to resort to violence immediately. As he'd stated earlier, there were only a select few situations that warranted physical force.

Only now did she ask a question he could not answer, and he offered a sympathetic look. "I don't know. I'd think that duty should fall on your mother or an older sister, but if those aren't good options an older female in your pack," he frowned. "I guess you'd figure it out on your own soon enough, maybe others are banking on that, but... I dunno. I'd at least want some kind of warning as to what's coming." He could only imagine how alarming it would be to start bleeding for no apparent reason--especially from such sensitive and private parts. If that happened to him, he'd probably think he was dying or the world was coming to an end. He had to wonder about her immediate family, but he decided Savina would probably be more than willing to address any further questions she might have had. He didn't want to push the issue until he gauged her reaction, either.

And then it came, a question about his home. One ear fell back and his face grew somewhat blank, but he still wasn't particularly perturbed. Anyone who'd been to the clan would garner this information by scent alone and there was no sense in denying where he came from. As before, he even thought it best to give her a heads up--just as he'd done for Savina. "Inferni. It's filled with madmen and miscreants," he said simply, though his eyes were dark and he held her gaze briefly, hoping to emphasise that this was not some kind of joke meant to be taken lightly. It wasn't meant to inspire teenage rebellion or curiosity--it was intended as an honest warning that bordered on a threat (all for her own safety, of course). "If you ever need to find me again in the future, you're better of checking my garage in south east Halifax."
      At times like these it struck him how unfortunate it was that he kept such bad company, though he supposed it all worked out for the best. He didn't believe his cousin would attack a young girl and the clan had no beef with her pack, but Hybrid was always a goddamn whack job and he knew Kaena had little patience for wolves, much less those that went disrespecting the clan's borders. Inferni's members were simply much more territorial than a lot of the wolf packs that openly welcomed guests--himself included. He'd run off another girl about her age once--it was almost funny, the dichotomy that existed between "Anselm on duty" and "Anselm at leisure." Perhaps it was fortunate for both of them that she'd encountered the latter--he liked her well enough, despite how them being as similar as night and day.

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

######"Oh," was all she said, not wanting to disclose any more information about her ridiculously complicated (in her own eyes, of course - to others, her problems were very likely trivial and possibly a bit annoying) home life. She certainly couldn't have ever relied on her mother to tell her that much, unless it had been in the plan for the day they had fought right before she left Dahlia de Mai, and she didn't have an older sister. It was possible that she could have learned this from one of her sisters, if they had lived to see this age, if they had been more experienced than her. Unfortunately, there were a lot of "if"s and "but"s about that idea, and she was also aware that she still might have been the more adventurous one, had they lived, so the point was moot. If she had any more questions, she would need to seek out someone else that could help her, like Savina, or even one of the adults from Dahlia she had known. Surely Cmwfen and Alexey knew that she hadn't really been kicked out and they wouldn't hate her. Since she didn't really get kicked out for doing something wrong to Cercelee, that would have been absurd.

######Inferni was a new name for her, as she had never even heard of the clan in passing, but it didn't seem like somewhere she would particularly care to spend much time in, if it was the way Anselm had described it. Thankfully for her future adventures, she took his words to heart, not believing that he could lie to her after everything he had already done and told her. Knowing she had a tendency to annoy people (though really, she didn't understand why some people were so uptight and stupid anyway), Princess knew she would have to take special care not to venture too close to Anselm's pack, for her own safety. At least someone was looking out for her, since she was too brash to realize when she had gotten herself into a bad situation, like she had with the wolf from earlier. "Thanks for the warning. If you don't mind my asking, though, how come you live there if it's like that? My mom wasn't very nice, to say the least, so I left her and went to my brother in Crimson Dreams," she explained, as if that was all the reason in the world that he would need to tell her more about himself and Inferni. She shrugged, hoping he would know that he didn't really have to answer, and she wouldn't be bothered by his not wanting to; she was just overly curious about it, now.

######The words sounded final to her, as if that was his way of saying good bye, so she couldn't help the small pout that had formed on her muzzle. She was really beginning to like him, and she wanted to know more (provided he was willing to tell her things), and she was grateful for the distraction of his presence. If he left, then she would have had to go back to her room in the mansion and she would have been forced to think over everything that had happened recently - Haven, her brother's anger, and now the talk she'd had with Anselm. As much as she knew she needed to figure everything out, she was enjoying not having to do it right that minute. "Is that where you're going now?" she asked, by way of requiring confirmation to her mental worry that he was going to leave her for now. At least she knew where she could find him again, though, if the time came for it. That, she appreciated greatly.

[/html]
[html]

Hrm, I guess you can either close this or reply once more? :] Good thread, we definitely need to have another with these two sometime! Big Grin

#$%@His stony expression faltered for a moment and he sighed deeply--ah, young people, all so idealistic. "They're my family. Like it or not, blood runs thicker than water. Friends, lovers... they'll all come and go; even if you can't pick 'em, sometimes at the end of the day family is all that you've got left," he replied easily. She seemed to have family in a couple of places, though, and with that came more options. He really only had the one. The Lykois, de le Poers and Holocausts were Inferni; at any given time, at least half of the membership base could claim ties to those lines through blood or marriage. That was what gave the clan their strength; they weren't just a mish-mosh of drifters with no loyalties, those that came and went when it was convenient. There was a reason they had persisted when the fire had sparked the great exodus to the southern half of the peninsula, though he supposed that was before her time.

#$%@It wasn't as if he hadn't entertained the idea of living anywhere else--he supposed Savina would welcome him in if he showed up at her doorstep, and maybe he even stood a chance of fitting in with the motley crew of hybrids down at Cour des Miracles. That was fine and all, but supposing he were accepted to either place he wouldn't even know what to do next. He'd been born and raised in war; it was all he knew. The other packs operated differently than Inferni; they were much more lax about visitors, they were much more open-minded with strangers. Anselm was not and he probably never would be--it'd be hard to unlearn the lessons of the past four years of his life just in a snap. In Inferni he found duty and purpose, and above all else stability and familiarity.

#$%@It seemed she'd picked up on his subconscious itch to move, maybe even a moment before he did himself. He rose lightly to his feet and stretched, pausing briefly to shake out any dust that may have settled on his coat. "I don't really make plans, I just do things," he said simply, honestly having no idea where he intended to go next. He supposed he really should get back to Inferni... he did have to talk with Gabriel. Fortunately for her, he was all too eager to delay the inevitable. "I can walk you home, if you'd like," he offered at last; he'd understand if she were still shaken up over the "douchebag wolf" incident, and he wanted to kill some time anyway.

table by Amber <3
[/html]
[html]

I'll have it closed up, and heck yes another thread sometime would be awesome. x3 500+ words.

######Would there ever be a time when she wished that she could still stand beside her mother and know she belonged there? The idea was simply ludicrous, and Princess could not help but think that, while family might be the only thing you really have, she had severed her ties in the most complete way she could, and there was nothing that could ever be salvaged between her and her mother. Hopefully, the bond with her brother that had formed would not break, because having no one would shatter her completely, but there would never be a way for her to be close to the rest of her family. Her mother was out of the question, and everyone else was long gone, surely. Rarely had she even heard mention of her family members by her mother, though she did know a few of their names. It was possible that she could try and track some of them down, but she did not even know if she thought it would be worth the trouble. They all probably loved Tokyo, and now she was just like her brother in their mother's eyes - not worth the air she breathed, surely. It was a sad realization.

######The subject had made her uncharacteristcally quiet. In fact, much of their conversation had left her thinking instead of speaking, with the exception of the points when she was explaining things, or demanding an explanation. Evidently, talking with Anselm had actually made her think about the things in her life, instead of looking at the world with her normal bull-headed approach. It seemed like he had actually had an affect on her, and she doubted it was just because she had been shaken by the wolf from earlier. Such a thing tended to leave her mind very quickly, regardless. No, it seemed that she was actually fond of Anselm, and even looked up to him, if that was the appropriate way to express the way she viewed him. Her expression contemplative, Princess studied him as he shook out his fur, standing herself once he was finished. She had been right in guessing that he was wanting to leave, and she couldn't really blame her. She was just an adolescent girl, who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and gave the wrong wolf a bit of sass. He had helped her out, but she couldn't very well expect him to stay and talk with her forever. He probably had important things he had to do, anyway; he seemed like the type for important duties.

######"Thanks. I'd appreciate the escort, just incase," she added, although she wasn't all that worried that the wolf from before was still around, and she didn't think she would run into any other dangers (how many could happen in one day?), but she appreciated the company. "And thanks, for helping me and then for the talk, I mean. I guess you're right about a lot of stuff, so I need to find my brother, talk to him and stuff. . . And I'll make sure to tell Savina that you said hi." It was possible, she knew as they headed towards her home, that she would not be needed to extend his greetings to the ebony leader, since he would be right near the pack's lands, but she didn't know how long he intended to stay near the pack.

[/html]