a little bit nutty
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/ ... settop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:131px;"> 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/ ... bottom.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:0px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:179px;">
This is for the Monthly Task 2 of the Season Game: Let your character contribute to AniWayan tradition through collecting berries, nuts and various edible roots. Smile

Just a few days ago, Hemming had been wandering beneath a rather nice row of trees when all of a sudden he felt a knock on his head. Now, it wasn't Dagrun, because she had taken to inspecting the bushes for berries, and the gray male took a moment to realize what exactly had happened. Down at his feet, sitting rather innocently, was a nut of some sort. He had picked it up and inspected it closely. The wolf hadn't seen nuts before, really, and the first time he had ever eaten them was in the delicious nut bread that had been served at the Green Corn Ceremony. The wolf had been carrying the rather large (and guilty) nut around ever since it had bopped him on the head, tossing it as he walked, and today he had decided to go out and find some more.

He carried a metal basket as he walked, one that he had found in the Candy Shop with Ember and that had subsequently been extremely useful in transporting most anything. There were little holes in the basket, to keep the thing light, but they were small enough that nothing was falling through. Hemming wandered along the same strip of trees that had previously led to being bopped on the head and bent down occasionally to pick a nut off the ground. Sometimes he would find a nice big patch of them and he'd be crouching for minutes, plucking the nuts from the grass and placing them in his basket. Dagrun, like last time, bounced through the bushes, and the wolf made a plan to wander through there after he had found a good number of nuts.

Standing up and stretching his back after collecting the contents of a rather large patch of nuts, he looked in Dagrun's general direction. He was unable to see where exactly she was, since she was so small and camouflaged wonderfully in the brush, but he knew she was over there somewhere, cheeping a little tune from inside a bush full of berries. "Those look nice, Dag?" he called out, a grin pulling on his lips. Yes, he would most definitely have to have a look over there after he was done with the nuts.

Sie made this! ♥
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... irtban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hey, I hope you don't mind me snatching this. Noir is a royal pain in the ass, but I need this task too Big Grin 300+

Noir did not walk. She danced. Down the stairs, around in the house, outside of the house, everywhere her feet found ground they danced. She liked her skirt and she liked her Totoro hat and she liked her Totoro necklace. She also liked Baby Duck, but she had realized something today. Baby Duck was not a duck. Baby Duck was a swan. He was no baby swan either because he was kind of grown up swan now. He should learn to fly because he had wings and Noir wanted to fly, but she did not have wings. The bird flapped its wings all the time anyway, so she was certain that Baby Duck wanted to fly too.

Out of the door and out into the daylight the girl went, holding her precious Baby Duck in the air over her head. She started running in a random direction, holding a quacking and flapping Baby Duck in the air. Then she threw him forwards into the air. Of course the bird failed. The swan flapped clumsily in several directions before the ground seemed to shake gently as the swan collided into it. Noir grimaced and came to the rescue, picking the poor animal up and cradling it against her light cream coloured chest. ”There, there, my bestest baby in the whole wide world.” the girl purred as she continued to walk away from the house. The bird moved and did probably not want to be stuck in her arms, but Noir only wanted to comfort and love.

The girl was completely in her own world when she eventually picked up a voice. Golden ears flickered sideways and she turned slightly to find the source of sound. When she could not she started to dance in the voice’s general direction. In no time at all a pair of golden eyes found the figure standing under the tree. Nuts? Oh, yay! Noir liked nuts! She had never really talked to this member, but he had to be nice because right now he looked happy and all happy people were nice. ”Hello, I am Noir.” Baby Duck flapped with his wings and said quack, quack. ”And Baby Duck, my baby. Do you like nuts? I really like nuts and uncle Ho doesn’t leave the house nowadays so we don’t have any.” Noir always talked too much.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/ ... settop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:131px;"> 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/ ... bottom.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:0px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:179px;">
Haha, of course I don't mind! Big Grin

The peace of the day, the gentle murmur of distant bird calls and the almost inaudible sound of stalks of tall grass sliding against each other in the wind, faded into a much more exciting scene. Hemming, in his usual tradition of never knowing what went on around him, was a little surprised to hear a voice. The general calmness of the day and the safety he felt within AniWaya tribe lands seemed to dampen the type of reaction he would normally give, fortunately. Instead of jumping in shock and vocalizing a short-lived panic, he turned to the wolf that had approached him, a smile on his face.

She was a young one, and one that Hemming had never actually met before. He had, at least, seen her at the Green Corn Ceremony, but the duck hadn't been there, had it? Hemming wondered for a moment as the girl continued to talk. One may have considered her long chain of words to be babbling, but each piece of information Noir provided seemed to be at least tangentially relevant, and Hemming had a high tolerance for words anyway. The older wolf figured that the Uncle Ho she referred to was Honoré, whom he had met a while ago, and he was distressed to hear that he wasn't leaving the house. Whyever not?

Once Noir had stopped talking, Hemming replied, with a smile pulling up the sides of his face, "I'm Hemming, and my Spirit Guide, Dagrun, is over there somewhere." He waved a finger towards the bushes. "And I like nuts, too! You could collect some with me, if you want. I have a nice big basket." Usually he wouldn't have been so eager to jump to the conclusion that he liked something, but the nuts he had eaten were really quite tasty and in this case he didn't mind generalizing. Besides, those words were much more simple than an entire explanation of the reasons he thought that he might like nuts.

Sie made this! ♥
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... irtban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I'm sorry for suckage D: 300+

He was smiling at her! That meant that he liked her, right? Noir was sad she had not talked with him sooner, because she liked smiling people a lot. Hemming and Dagrun. Noir’s gaze rose to the bird, and her grin widened. ”Hello Dagrun, it is very nice to meet you. I have Spirit guide too, Kinigisdi the blue bird, but I don’t know where she is now.” No, Noir’s little spirit guide came and went as it wanted. In the start it had seemed like it liked to talk with her. Well, Kinigisdi had never truly been very chatty in any way, but it was very silent. Words did not always seem to be necessary method of communication though. Whenever Noir knew she was being foolish, stubborn or wrong about something, she could feel her spirit’s opinions. The bird could sit perfectly still, doing nothing, yet still fill her with guilt.

”I would love to collect nuts with you!” the girl sang out brightly, turning to her new friend and looking down into the basket. He had already picked a few. Her hands flew together in excitement. She could get a new friend and be productive at the same time. Uncle Ho would think that she was super smart and super fast. Unless Hemming would steal all the nuts, but she did not believe that he would do such a thing, because he seemed too nice, and he was Aniwayan. Most members in Aniwaya were nice; especially to her because she usually tried to be nice back so that she could get a super lot of friends that she cold have lots of fun with. Like playing butterfly games or maybe gathering nuts like now.

”I really liked the nut cake bread thing at the ceremony, and I had lots of ketchup on it together with uncle Ho in a bush, and with ketchup on it, the nut food was super good.”

[/html]
[html]
Psh! I see no suckage.

Dagrun chirped a little, rustling her feathers, before diving again into a bush full of berries. She was not the most sociable thing, but then again Hemming did not know much about Spirit Guides and if they liked to socialize. Surely they were like wolves, and varied in their willingness to chum around. He smiled genially at Noir's comment about Kinigisdi, and adopted a rather thoughtful gaze, as if he was contemplating where the bird could be. "That's a very nice name," he said gently, "Perhaps she is in the bushes looking for berries, just like Dag." His gaze moved from the girl before him to the little patches of brush that dotted the landscape. The wolf had no clue where Spirit Guides went when they were gone, and often wondered if they had disappeared from the real world all together and spent some time in some kind of spirit world.

Hemming grinned widely at the girl's enthusiasm as she exclaimed that she would join him. It seemed that most everything was made more fun when company was around, and the silvery male was always pleased to meet the few AniWayans that he had not yet had the pleasure to meet. He had met Attila, but would not have assumed that he was Noir's brother, based on her boisterous and friendly demeanour. "Good!" he proclaimed, the girl's attitude rubbing off on him a little.

He, too, had quite enjoyed the nut bread at the ceremony. The male had never even heard of ketchup, though, and when the girl mentioned it he raised his eyebrows. Hemming wouldn't question what they were doing in a bush, but this strange sounding ... whatever it was sounded rather interesting. "Ketchup?" he asked, "What's that?" As he voiced his question, he started to walk slowly along the little path he had been following, his eyes scanning the ground for nuts.

Sie made this! ♥
[/html]
[html]
eee <3 300+

Noir’s chest swell up with pride when Hemming openly revealed that he thought that her spirit guide had a pretty name. Noir had not been sure about the name, to be true. She did not like it. A simple Blue Birdie or something similar would have sounded wonderful in her ears. Luckily for her spirit guide, Noir was not the one that got to decide the name. The girl smiled warmly at the adult, wagging her tail pleasantly. Her golden eyes searched for the tiny and blue form of her pretty spirit guide, but as usual she could not see her. ”Yes maybe, but she disappears very often. She comes back too of course.” No, Noir was no bad spirit guide owner person. She nodded though, assuming that Kinigisdi probably was somewhere not too far away. ”I like Dagrun name too, it is very very pretty just like your spirit guide!” the girl smiled, looking at the bush that the spirit guide had disappeared into.

The girl’s eyebrows rose to the sky when the adult asked what ketchup was. Wow, that was impossible! Uncle Ho was the person that had introduced the lovely sauce like thing to the girl. She liked it lots just like he did, and after that she had automatically assumed that other people knew what it was. The girl started to dance after the man; eyes scanning the grounds for those nuts that helped make yummy breads. ”It is thing that my uncle Ho found, it is red and you put it on lots of food and it tastes super nice, you could come visit me and I can show and give you ketchup!” She nodded as if underlining the invitation. ”Oh I found one!” the girl’s voice sounded excited when she bowed down and picked up her first nut.

[/html]
[html]
<3!

For the first week or so after he had met her, Dagrun had stayed practically stuck to the top of Hemming's head. Now she had taken to flying about, enjoying the cooler breeze and savouring the last few flutterings of summer. The little patch on top of the wolf's head felt rather bare sometimes, but Dagrun was always there when there was no one else around. Perhaps she anticipated the arrival of company and thought she ought to let Hemming be alone with them. The bird seemed to be less shy among other AniWayans, which made the gray male wonder if all the questions that others, unfamiliar with the strange spirits, had been asking had done her in. Anyway, Hemming appreciated that she was always close by, as if she were keeping an eye on him.

It was nice to get a smile like the one that Noir was giving him, and the wolf smiled back, nodding as she commented on the habits of Kinigisdi. The golden girl seemed quite pleasant to be around, and any thought that her spirit guide disappeared for any reason other than its intrinsic nature didn't even cross Hemming's mind. He grinned at her next statement, his eyes following hers to the bush. Dagrun was quite pretty, in a plain sort of way, and now the smile that Hemming wore on his face was one for the little bird, even though she could not see him. Perhaps she could feel his emotions, as well, just as he could sometimes feel hers.

The girl seemed shocked that Hemming didn't know of ketchup! Grinning once more at her enthusiasm, he nodded slightly and replied, "Well, thank you for the invitation! Maybe we can get some more nut bread. Or is ketchup good on other things, too?" For a moment he moved his eyes from the ground, where he was scouting for nuts, to the dancing girl. As she reached down to pick up a nut, he exclaimed, "Oh, good!" He wagged his tail, grinning. "Oh," he said just a moment after, "and there's another!" He bent down and picked it up, plopping it into the basket with a satisfied smile.

Sie made this! ♥
[/html]
[html]
I'm so so sorry for wait D:

She liked the way this was going. She beamed (as always) at him and flashed that usual smile. Perhaps they could make nut-bread one day. She would like that lots. She wanted to contribute to the tribe somehow, because she felt bad for eating meat that other people had gotten hold of because of her silly decision not to hunt. She was slowly becoming more and more aware of how pathetic other people would think it was. A wolf that refused to hunt was unnatural, but her heart grew weary and so unbearable heavy when she thought about taking a pretty creature’s life. Now over to ketchup. Noir and her uncle loved ketchup, yes. ”Supergooder on meat and stuff and uncle Ho says that it can be used on everything and with everything because it is the best invention food in the world.” her uncle had said something similar and Noir could not agree more. Noir danced around the male as he too picked up nuts, and a small giggle danced along with her odd movements as she found several more, picked them up and added them to the adult’s share. ”Yes, there are lots of them everywhere!” the girl expressed happily, enjoying spending time with this new friend. ”How did you find your spirit guide?” the girl asked curiously, wondering if it was the same or different for everyone.

[/html]
[html]
No worries!

Hemming repeated the word in his mind as if to ensure that he had never heard it before, and was becoming more and more certain that this was the case. Fortunately he had someone here who seemed quite eager to explain it all to him. Noir certainly made ketchup sound absolutely magnificent, as if it was like a secret hidden treasure that really shouldn't be a secret after all. In fact, Hemming felt as if the entire world should know about this, based on how ecstatic the girl seemed to be. He grinned at her, eyebrows raised to convey how impressed he felt by the magical ketchup invention. "It sounds splendid!" At this point, he was convinced. He would have to try some of this ketchup, as long as Uncle Ho didn't mind. There had to be a limited supply of this after all, as he assumed that it didn't just ooze out of trees or anything. Or perhaps it did.

Noir was quite the nut collecter, dipping gracefully from nut to nut and plopping them into the basket the older wolf was carrying. He himself was not too graceful, and had a long way to bend to grab the nuts. Their collection was growing quickly, though, and the entire bottom surface of the wide basket was soon covered. It was a satisfying thing to see, especially when it didn't seem like at all like work.

Smiling at her question, Hemming cast a glance to the bushes and thought for a moment. It seemed like he had known Dagrun forever, and yet the memory of his trip was fresh and clear. "Well, I wandered south, and on the second day there was a great big thunderstorm. I ran and hid in a forest, and ended up falling asleep. When I woke up, there she was -" he grinned and pointed to the crown of his head. "- right on top of my head!" Hemming chuckled, still rather amused by the fact that her favorite place to be, under most circumstances, was perched on the peak of her wolf. It wasn't the most exciting story, and he hadn't done anything particularly dangerous or special, but it had been a fine adventure.

Sie made this! ♥
[/html]