the jester upsurped the king
[html]

She had settled back in her little shack on the beach but she wasn't a fool, she knew before long she'd have to find better lodgings for the winter. She disliked the thought of the winter months but she knew there was no use complaining, besides if she didn't want to go look for a better place to winter she could always shack up with one of the boys. She had a feeling if she imposed herself upon their space and body there would be little protest, atleast from quite a few of them. She smirked at the idea as she idly sat grooming out her pelt. She was a sly thing indeed, but she'd learned early most men were fools.

Dragging her tongue over her silky pelt she paused a second and stared at her normally golden pelt. She had tried to ignore it but it was beginning to show even more than it had the past few weeks. Her pelt that was generally a shimmering array of gold, copper and bronze was beginning to diminish in color. She bared her fangs at the idea that her body was changing without her permission but she did little more than that. Firefly had seen her own mother's pelt go from an array of gold and silver to a silvery white in winter, she hadn't thought much of it but it seemed that her own coat was going to take the same trail. This was not amusing at all to the woman who loved her lush beautiful coat, not knowing what she'd look like in the coming months wasn't something she was ready to face. She just sighed and flicked her tail over her nose as she stared out across her porch towards the waves beating along the shore.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300

The mad king had done all in his power to ignore the changing of the seasons, but even in his convoluted mind, he could feel that the nights were growing colder and the seas were growing stormier. He hated cold. And this would be his worst winter, because it would be the first time he saw more than a powdering of snow... In the deep south, winters were mild, peppered with rain and occasionally frost. His thin dog fur had little trouble with the temperate climate, but here... well, Ruri wouldn't be the only one clinging to sweaters and coats. Unless he could devise a way to remain indoors with a consistent bonfire...

His dark eyes glazed over with thought, long legs still striding with purpose along the damp sand at the edge of the shore. He was, after all, always moving. He barely slept, and was known to wander at all odd hours, just for the sake of walking. It all probably tied into the short attention span, since the changing scenery was more attractive than being stuck in one locale, but Jac was never that introspective to notice. What he did notice, however, was a familiar scent lingering in the salty air. Reverie forgotten, the lean Optime raised his long muzzle, peering towards the nearby cabin to see a flash of silvery-gold fur.

A smile lit up his terracotta-red countenance, and he bounded over towards his old friend, pleased that she had returned to him for a third time. "You seem rather forlorn, ma petite!" he boomed, his exuberant cheerfulness the polar opposite of her moody brooding. Looming over her, the one-armed man flashed her a toothy grin, boldly unafraid of her potential lashing out. He wouldn't mind being pushed around a little... if it was by her.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly hadn't expected Jac to show up so swiftly, though she had the feeling that the male was almost always looming in the distance just waiting to find her at her worst thatway he could take every advantage of the situation to be so dashing and charming and of course get under her skin. When the booming voice of the king forced her to jolt out of her brooding mood she turned her emerald orbs to the heathen king that was towering above her. Just once she wished he was at the same level as her so she could find a way to swipe that grin off his maw... in a cunning and seducing sort of way of course. Since she wasn't, she'd just have to improvise.

Firefly rose up to her paws and lifted her chin as she gave a little sound of protest at his cheerful nature. "Hurf." She let her lashes slide over her eyes as she stepped outside the towering giant's circle and paraded herself to the other end of the porch, making certain to add a little bit of a wiggle to her walk as she called out with an over dramatic sigh. "Oh my, it's that noticeable?" Turning her head slightly she let her eyes glide over Jac's form as she asked. "And do you have any plans to remove my brooding nature from this day's agenda?" How she did love to bait the boys and Jac was one that was so easily baited.. yet not the easiest one to reel in. She let a smug little smile sit on her lips as she waited.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300+

The scent of seasalt was heavy in the cool late-summer air, saturating their surroundings with memories of sailing and exploration. It was a strong pull, although to set sail this late in the season would guarantee a frost-rimed adventure through stormy seas. Still, when faced with the reality that his kingdom was also a prison, binding him here to this same coastline day in and day out, the whispering waves of the sea were a constant temptation. He had no doubt that it was the same for Firefly, and the reason she had taken off, but... then why did she return? Perhaps she was more sentimental than she'd like to admit.

The mad king laughed aloud as Firefly gave him a show, swaggering the length of the porch as though it were a fashion model's runway. "Seems you're going grey ahead of your age, ma douce," he drawled. Did wolves change colors with the seasons? She would be as white as snow, then! His dogs just shed their thin summer fur and got fluffier to combat the cold. He couldn't recall any of them having the kaleidoscopic issues that Firefly was afflicted with. What a terrible inconvenience!

"And I cannot amuse you when you are crawling on the ground like a common poodle," he chuckled slowly, raising an eyebrow to match the challenging gleam in his eyes. It was another side to Luperci nature that he did not quite grasp - why prance about with your nose in the mud, when you could be standing tall and glorious on two paws? Most of his packmates seemed to prefer the upright stature, but still, even Ruri felt comfortable in her tiny Lupus version. It eluded him. Judging by his cocky grin, though, it was merely a jibe at the prideful Firefly.

[/html]
[html]

The golden woman had every intention of causing chaos for the king of fools. She had spent much of her time as a child doing just that aboard his ship and still she loved to tease and taunt the man still. Perhaps the nature of the game had changed but the fondness was still the same. Firefly raised her head proudly as Jac gave way to a bout of laughter, his jesters words following her to the other end of the porch. When it registered just what he said she couldn't help but let her jaw drop as she tossed her head. "It's not grey, it's silver.. and you'd better get use to it.. it seems to be wanting to stick around for a while." She raised her nose in the air once more and acted as though she was going to put up a front and ignore the dashing pirate king.

The front didn't last very long though as Jac's next words were drawn upon her ears. The Sadira woman gave a unladylike snort as she turned around and gave him a pretty picture of her hindquarters as she decided she was better off talking to the wall than the jester that taunted and teased. She might not speak to his face but her words spoke enough for both of them. "Is our king too good to crawl along the ground like his commoners?" He had placed her in the lowly ranks when she had returned, did he expect her to act a pretty pampered princess or accept what she was. It didn't matter what his answer was, she would get what she wanted sooner or later

"Besides, aren't there enough desperate women out there for you to amuse?" She turned slightly to gaze at the male accusingly over her shoulder. "You'd have to work harder than that for me..." she doubted she would have the king begging and pleading to assist her in removing her sour mood but she would try her damnedest. Besides, just getting him down to her level would be a wonder.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300+

Even as a youth aboard his ship, Firefly had always been good at commanding attention and getting under everyone's skin. Jacquez liked that about her, even if it meant he had to compete with her for admirers. She was more mature now, had a thicker skin towards insults and knew when to button her lip, but thankfully she had not lost her fire. "Désespérée is not the adjective for the women who want me, jolie, I think 'high standards' is a more fair description. Those who overlook silver in favor of gold..." He winked, managing to compliment himself and insult her in the same breath. Not bad.

"Yes, he is," Jac retorted without missing a beat. He had been blessed with this magnificent erect form; why on earth would he even consider shifting down to all fours? Having no recollection of his childhood or past, he couldn't even tell if he had ever been a Lupus at all. He liked to think he hadn't. The tall man leaned against the wall, slouching casually to watch Firefly's mood swings unfold. "Oh, men have to work for you now? That's not what I've heard. What a disappointment." Her green eyes were glittering with accusation, and he met her glare with an unruffled smirk. His moods were not so easily swayed, not when he enjoyed seeing her grumpy. If she was trying to drag him to her own level of sourness, she would need a better battle plan.

A chill wind fluttered the dark fur of his mane, and his smile dropped. The weather, well, that was something that could royally piss him off. He did not want winter to arrive. He was half-considering a pilgrimage south to outlast the impending snow, but his kingdom here would fall apart without him, that much was apparent. He needed to be the center of attention, but he needed warmth, too, or else he would be very difficult to live with these next few months.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly had turned her face away from Jac, not wanting to be caught studying his form while he spoke. She had expected teasing and wooing from the male and she was rewarded justly. There was of course the added insult to deal with, but she would get there in time. Her ears flicked back a second before she yawned and turned those emerald orbs back to gaze at him as though she were slightly bored. "Yes, I can see how high their standards are.. but I think if I were you I would set mine higher." She said with a grin as she ran her tongue along her foreleg and down to the tip of her paw.

"Besides, sometimes gold can look a bit gaudy, but silver goes with everything." She smiled as she let her paw slip down to the porch. Her eyes sparkled as she suggested, "but together they make a perfect match I'd say..." Firefly knew how the male balked at the idea of being chained to one being and she liked to draw on that dislike. She flicked her bangs out of her eyes as she chuckled slightly, the male having come back on his kingliness and the peasants. She tilted her head to the side as she asked, "Even for me? Queen of the peasants?" She might not lead the pack, but she was the best looking peasant the pack had to offer, she might as well be the common mongrel's queen.

Turning and stalking towards Jac she raised her head and retorted. "They have always had to work for me. The lazy curr of the lands receive nothing..." She stopped right before him and smiled sweetly. "That would be you I'd assume." Her sea dog lingo was starting to come out with the pirate king before her and she found amusement in finding ways to insult the king, knowing that he would do little to punish her, if he could even find a way of making her do anything.

She circled around the rangy male, her tail brushing against his calf as she came back around on his other side. Catching the smile disappearing as the chilly ocean winds blew she smirked and asked. "What is wrong, is the spoiled king about to have a royal tantrum for the change of weather. Poor, poor, pitiful Jac." She grinned like a cat in the cream as she walked to the other end of the porch once more, fluffng her thick coat against the winds as her eyes twinkled mischievously. "What would the poor king give to change the seasons back.." she asked as she plopped down and finally gave in and began to shift to join him in their preferred form.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 400+

She was quite the playful little minx today. It seemed he had cheered her up after all, despite her valiant protests. "One can never have too much gold," Jacquez amended swiftly. "And there has to be enough to go around - it can't always be paired with silver to make it look good." Mirth shone in his dark eyes as well - Firefly was a good wolf to have around, always quick-witted and sharp-tongued. He had not admitted to anyone that he missed having her around, but things felt more complete here with her high opinions and short temper.

He found himself chuckling again as she suggestively ran her tongue down her foreleg, taking his mind to other places. "'Queen of the peasants', you say?" the monarch repeated. "I was not aware of your nobility. Perhaps next time we meet, I will take the proper course of courtesy and dirty myself a bit, so that I may crawl alongside you and not make you feel out of place." He grinned wickedly, eying Firefly casually as she stalked closer to his tall form.

Of course, she was right - her insolence would never be reprimanded, so she could say anything she wanted to. His moods might change faster than the weather at sea, but anger was far from his mind when he was facing a pretty girl. Males were better off watching their tongues, unless alcohol was involved. The soft warmth brushing against his leg distracted his thoughts, and he exhaled slowly, enjoying the tease. "Am I a landlubber too, o cruel one? Perhaps I simply didn't see the need to work for something that I knew would come to me sooner or later." He winked as she swaggered back to her side of the porch, her Cheshire smile unwavering.

Jacquez then raised his eyebrows with interest, watching openly as Firefly shifted upwards. "You look much prettier on two legs, dear," he drawled, stroking his chin as he stared.
"And to change the seasons, well, that would be quite a handy trick..." His voice trailed off as he was distracted by the sight of her. It was a strange, almost unnatural process to observe - watching the fur of her mane lengthen and feather like stop-motion photography of grass growing. The Sadira wolf maintained a certain grace with her form-changing, presumably because she did so frequently. A satisfied smile spread across his lean countenance, pleased with the final result.

[/html]
[html]

If there was one thing you could say about Firefly she did enjoy a good sport everynow and then. Right now Jacquez was an excellent bit of game for the woman and she knew that there was quite possibly no end in sight either. She tried her damnedest to be a sour puss but she couldn't resist a bit of good times and Jac promised just that, even if he wouldn't get just what he believed he deserved, not yet at least. She thought on this as she let her bejeweled eyes settle on the king as he went on with a comeback to her off comments. She just shook her head and raise a brow as she let out a dramatic sigh. "And all along I've been lead to believe gold is the root of all evil.." mock disappointment rang from her words at finding out that gold was the new in, atleast at the beliefs of Jacquez, then again anything that made Jac the center of attention was probably regarded highly in his beliefs.

Firefly turned her eyes away and continued her suggestive bathing amongst the chuckles that rang from the king's throat. When the words rang forth and she began her little parade his way she smirked slightly and nodded approval at his choice of words. "I look forward to seeing you down in the dirt oneday." She doubted that she would ever see the king crawling along the weeds and grasses but she would try her damnedest to see to it that he would. She caught the wink he gave her and gave a smug little smile, she so loved when she had the boys eating out of her paws, even if it was all just a show, though sometimes she wondered how much of a show it was with Jacquez. She had still denied him so long what he knew she'd obviously by now given to others, not as freely as he assumed but she'd let him believe what he wanted, for now.

Teasing with a silky touch she half listened to the words he seemed to have in protest to having to work. He still believed that oneday she would just deliver herself to him free of charge no questions asked, keep dreaming she thought, though it gave her a bit of pride to know that he did still seemed to crave what was not his to have. She flicked an ear back as he spoke, flicking her tail high at the comment as she played herway across the floor. "You o' pirate king have abandoned your sea for the coast, you're now ranked among the landlocked...unless your old mistress can manage to call you back to her breast." She suggested with a glance as she sat herself on the far end of the porch to watch him a moment more. "And from last I saw it was walking away from you once more.." she said with a dignified sniff before putting the self appointed king out of her mind a moment.

Firefly had been a figure who frequently shifted from one form to the other, knowing full well the range of weaknesses and strengths each form might possess. To feel the lengthening of her form and feel her mane thicken and curly locks emerge to circle her face was second nature to her and though she still marveled at it it didn't hold the wonder that it use to. Flicking a stray curl from her face she turned back to Jacquez and smiled "I'm stunning no matter what form I take, and you know it." she offered him a haughty reply to his greeting in this form as she moved gracefully across the porch to gave up at him, close enough to see the pulse at his throat throbbing as he seemed lost in thought a moment.

She wrapped a finger around a stray lock of his mane that had escaped it's holdings as those emerald orbs danced, gazing up to greet him. "O' I believe you'll find some way to suffer through the long cold days of winter to come.." she said slowly as she tugged on the umber strands of his fur, tempting him to find some cocky comeback, knowing full well what she was doing to the poor male's mind.

[/html]