Sugar and spice and puppy-dog tails
[html]

Coming home was how it felt to Legacy as she entered her packland. She was proud of it and felt a part of it, a wild thing born beneath its turf and roots, which was indeed much the same way as she felt about her rather extensive family. She had few qualms about bringing a stranger here. Privacy and ownership were not qualities Legacy was particularly familiar with, nor really wanted to be. OK, her thoughts were her own, but as that was so, why keep anything outside of them the same way? It was lonely to be territorial, possessive.

There was a purposeful lift to her steps, a faint smile on her narrow-featured face. Hopefully they would find Merit before they ran into anybody else - a scout might want to stop and question them, and she was eager to see her brother. Her slender cinnamon tail waved gently; she was looking forward to the surprise of bringing him his friend. And if Empusa was lying after all - she was only one; and they could drive her out together.

[/html]
[html]

secretly falling apart

She was excited that Legacy had invited her to come back to Jaded Shadows, after the conversation that they'd had. Parts of the conversation had been tense, but they'd managed to work something out in the end. She really did like playing with Merit, and she didn't think that Faolin would mind if she was home just a little bit late today. Maybe the three of them could all play together!

The fiesty coyote was unusually complacent today, following along beside Legacy, chattering. "It is just as I remembered...at first I did not understand why there were so many trees--but now I am understanding it. Zis is just different from the beach. We don't have trees like zis at all--ours are taller, with big coconuts on top, sometimes"

[/html]
[html]Sorry for the wait, guys. My internet was down, and then I had exams. ;;

There had been little to do. He had not found anyone to play with, and it seemed that all of his friends were never around anymore. Maybe they had forgotten about him, just a faded memory. How hard could he be to forget about, after all? At that thought, a frown crept its way over his lips. Banishing those thoughts the best he could, he continued to strut his way around the territory, head held high. He was in a pleasant mood, despite his boredom, and the rather negative thoughts that plagued his mind.

A bird squawked ungracefully from its perch in a tree, and Merit's indigo eyes snapped to the creature's location. He grinned. I'm going to get you... he announced cheerfully, although quietly as to not disturb his prey. Creeping silently to the side of the tree, he waited for the dark bird to make its way groundward. Even if he had to wait all day.

[/html]
no problem! <3

[html]

She bounded along beside the coyote girl, her elegant amber tail swaying behind in exuberance and listened to the chatter, interjecting her own at times. "Some of our trees are taller than this, still! They go up so high I can't see all the way up. Once a wolf fell out of one while I was walking underneath." Her eyes flashed in amusement at this. As for the rest, Legacy didn't speak with pride, so much as with contentment. She was sure there were many amazing places to see in the world, and would like to do so, but Jaded Shadows was more than adequate a home. Legacy's green eyes, though she didn't know it, were part of quite a tradition there - reflecting the spring-green leaves, reflecting memories in the bark of similar-eyed monsters and matriarchs beyond the puppy's recollection.

But despite her enthusiastic bearing, she was still dubious as to whether their goal was achievable - namely to find her brother. There was something self-possessed about the boy - he was capable, independent, to put it simply, he could be anywhere in the lands. Then her nose suddenly sent an electric pulse to her brain, just a whiff of a scent but still it was recognisably Merit. Following the trailing impression, the slender golden girl ran, so delicately it was almost dancing over the snow towards where he must be, yelping a greeting.

[/html]
[html]

secretly falling apart

Empusa followed closely behind the young Jaded Shadows whelp. She would lead her to Merit, hopefully. She really did want to see him again, after they had played together so much in the past. Would he remember her, though? It had been more than two months--she had grown a lot since then. Maybe he wouldn't like the way she looked. Legacy seemed on to something, and Empusa came up behind the pair, keeping her tail and head low, shyly.

[/html]
[html]

Violet eyes staring at the bird, Merit sunk low to the ground, just out of what he thought was the bird's field of view. He wanted to catch the irritating creature, and whenever the raven let out a squawk the boy took it as a challenge, and the fur alone his spine stood on end threateningly. He knew that the bird couldn't see the small wolf, and he was unsure why he wanted to look intimidating with that in mind, but he couldn't help it; it made him feel more confident, more like a predator. A predator hunting its oblivious prey.

But something startled the bird, and it let out a screech before taking flight. The boy's head quickly rose in surprise as he stared after the bird, his face falling in disappointment, along with the fur along his back. Damn it.

He was just about to glare at whomever had caused the bird to fly, when he realized just who the approaching pups were. A small smile crept upon his face, then, as he inspected the duo. Hey, you guys! His tail wagged as he moved toward them, taking a couple confident steps.

[/html]
[html]

When she did indeed catch sight of her brother, looking up at something, she was at first taken aback by the expression of almost irritation on his face - but it soon changed into welcoming as he looked over, and she didn't think any more of it. She pranced up to him, hoping he'd be pleased she brought his friend Empusa here into the packland, an action that could conceivably get her into trouble - but it was worth the risk. Merit hadn't even known that she knew Empusa. In fact when the two had met for the first time just minutes ago, Legacy had at first thought the coyote girl was on her way to find Merit and try to attack him. If she'd remembered this now she'd have felt slightly embarrassed, but there was no room for much other than joy in her greeting.

"Hey, Merit," she said simply enough. "Look who I've found! It's your friend Empusa... Lykoi," she said, almost not remembering the name. The lively puppy couldn't help but be pleased with herself for finding them both and orchestrating this gathering, but it all depended on his reaction, for if he was unamused it would fall rather flat. Despite this sobering thought, her tail still waved cheerfully as she smiled at him.

[/html]
[html]

It looked like they'd interrupted him during something important; he looked pretty angry. She wasn't usually one to hang back, and not speak--this was strange for her. But she felt strange now. He probably wouldn't want to see her...they'd only played once. Did he even remember her?

Empusa felt a little crestfallen at this thought, sitting down on the ground. She was introduced by Legacy...but now she wasn't sure if she even wanted to stay. He wouldn't want to talk to her--maybe she'd done something to offend him last time. "I am sorry for making you angry--I vill go"

[/html]
[html]

The frustration he had possessed because of the clueless raven having flown away was quickly passing. It was just a insignificant bird, and he would no doubt be able to find one just like it later on; there certainly were enough of the damn things. Instead of dwell, he turned his indigo gaze to the two girls, still smiling softly. Legacy introduced him to Empusa, and he looked at the girl in question. He tilted his head at her hesitation, acting almost as though she was nervous. Why would she be? They had met before, and he hadn't done anything mean to her... had he? Then, she mentioned that she would leave; he shook is head in calm protest.

No. You didn't do anything to make me angry. He probably sounded more commanding than he had intended, but he wanted to get his point across. I was frustrated because of a bird, that's all. Not at you, Empusa.

[/html]
[html]
Immediately Empusa spoke, Legacy assumed that the other girl had mis-read Merit's expression. He wasn't angry at them, was he? No; there was a friendly look on her brother's face. Maybe it was because she knew him pretty well, perhaps it wasn't obvious. She turned with an earnest expression to explain this to Empusa but Merit got there first, and all that was left was for her to nod along with him with great sincerity. When he'd finished she burst out "Come on, you guys," almost reprovingly. Her eyes shot commandingly between them. "We've got better things to do!" A playful grin accompanied this, and she gave exuberant, tail-waving bow as she waited for the two to come to some sort of conclusion. She wasn't about to let Empusa just leave, that was for sure.
[/html]
[html]

When Merit answered, she nodded. She was glad that he wasn't mad--she could never tell, with wolves. In Inferni the coyotes were mad most of the time...she was used to interpreting any expression as a possibly-angry one. "Oui! We should go!" The girl said at the invitation. "Will zey get angry if we run around a bit? Beppe wouldn't let me come too far into Clouded Tears...but zat makes sense. Zis place is friends with Inferni, though, no?"
[/html]
[html]

The boy would gladly have done something, for, surely there were a many things better than standing around. He smiled at the idea, actually, and his tail wagged lightly. So, what're we going to do? he inquired, tilting his head to the side. There were many options, but he supposed they would be a little careful with Empusa with him. It wouldn't be good if she got in trouble, although he wasn't really sure if she would - it was just a precaution.

[/html]
[html]
Were the packs allies? Politics was so tricky, but she knew they had ties of friendship, of some kind. Well, there was this one for a start. "It's fine," she reassured Empusa with confidence. "This place is huge, and you're with us anyway." If they were breaking pack law, she didn't know it. Empusa was their guest and that was that.

Used to taking charge Legacy assumed the position of decision-maker upon Merit's question, but in a laidback manner that she didn't intend to remain solid under any kind of differing opinions. It was just a move to get things going. The idea had hit her as she shuffled her feet impatiently and the edge of one paw hit a short, broken off piece of branch.

Now, backing up a few steps she grasped the stub of branch in her jaws, lifting it up before throwing it to the ground like a gauntlet and resting a forepaw possessively on it. "See this stick?" she asked the other two, leaving a pause for dramatic effect. "It's mine." Her eyes flashed fiercely, as if to leave them in no doubt that she would defend it with her very life. All to make the proposed game seem more exciting, of course. She wasn't at all serious; it was just a stick. "And I bet you all the rabbits in Bleeding Souls that you two can't get it off me!" This challenge set, Legacy instantly grabbed the stick and leaped a few yards away, pivoting at a safe distance to see how they reacted.

[/html]