The sun rises again.
Aposun sat in her raggedy secui form along a border of Crimson Dreams. She was a slightly small secui, due to her slightly smaller build as a lupus. However, to make up for her smaller size, Aposun spent many suns training. In the fruits of her labour, she bore well earned muscles. Above her, in a tree, sat a large raven with the most intriguing, all-knowing eyes. Aposuns silken grey fur was shining dimly in the morning light. Her patches of reds and yellows melted with grey looked appealing to anyone who ever noticed her. Not that many ever noticed Aposun, she kept out of the way. Far out of the way.

Aposun traced her claws in the dirt, making lines. She was deeply concentrated on her thoughts, tracing those lines in the dirt. As she sat mainly hunched, Aposuns figure was that of enormous. In her secui form, her muscles exaggerated themselves, especially with her added fur. As a lone wolf, Aposun travelled less but remained in her secui form most of the time to protect herself. It was also useful because she was able to catch prey easily for herself and for Nightfli. At the thought of Nightfli, she growled lightly and fondly, barely audible, except to the enormous raven perched above her. Nightfli clicked back, his sound even fonder than Aposun's had been. Their relationship had formed when Aposun had been but a young pup, barely able to feed herself. Being the only Luperci Ortus in the back she was born into, she had been a misfit pup from the beginning. Her father, Himrosa, has been a luperci ortus as well, and had mated to her mother, Finealta. Himrosa and Finealta had been proud of their pup, but the pack to which Finealta belonged was not fond of any luperci ortus, much less having a pup in their midst.

Himrosa was brutally murdered in his lupus form, making the murder easier for the pack of wolves. He died in the middle of a summer night, his blood seeping into the air and seasoned it to perfection. Finealta was aware of what had happened and had immediately taken Aposun to safety, a journey that had taken many days. Finealta had disclosed the information of changing forms to her small pup, and tended to her as she could until she was too weak and lonely to help her anymore, and had fallen ill. Finealta spoke of rejoining her lost mate in another world often; she was heartbroken and lovesick. Finealta had wandered into a wooded land one day and had not returned. Aposun had spent many nights, alone and hungry, howling at the moon. She sung songs of sorrows and loneliness, until one night a large coven of ravens had stumbled upon her presence.

A brutal male raven had approached Aposun with aggressiveness, readying an attack against the young lupus, left unchanged and defenseless. The alpha raven, sitting behind hovering behind his followers, cawed out a command. The large raven that had been ready to attack Aposun had backed down and flown to a nearby tree branch, which swung in response to his weight. The alpha came forward, landing but five feet in front of Aposun. Aposun had remained frightened but composed the entire time, dreaming of rejoining her parents. "You be whom?" cawed the raven, in coherent English, which Aposun spoke freely. "Aposun." She had replied, fighting back the sound of fear in her voice. "I be Rhakvash, father of Nightbird." Rhakvash declared loudly. "You be changeling lupus. With us you come. You bring better to Nightbird" With that, the Nightbird coven had encircled Aposun and began herding her along.

Many months had passed that Aposun spent with Nightbird. The coven, for a majority, was able to talk in understandable, broken English. Rhakvash had a son, Nightfli, who was assigned to teach Aposun the ways of the changeling. In return, Aposun hunted easy prey for the coven, and each bird ate until they could not swallow another piece of fresh meat. A year had passed, and prey had begun to grow scarce in the region due to a lack of fresh water flowing from the mountains. Rhakvash approached Aposun one evening and began to speak. "Many months you be here with Nightbird. We proud of your progress, changeling." "Thank you, Rhakvash." Aposun had grumbled, bowing her head to her leader. "Prey grow scarce here, even for changeling with high skill." Rhakvash continued, his birdy voice growing anxious. "Time for us to change area. Great journey, changeling." He broke off to prune his feathers quickly. "Great journey over solid rock miles high. Too much for changeling, you be slow to us now. Travel northeast you go, towards bounty land and own kind. Miss you greatly, Sunsi." Sunsi was a special name for Aposun, as only Rhakvash was allowed to use it. Rhakvash, despite being a totally different species, had grown fond of Aposun. Aposun looked towards Rhakvash, and swallowed. "I understand, my great. I will leave tomorrow at dawn."

Sorrow built deep into Aposun as she was seen off by Rhakvash himself. She began working her way northeast, as she was told. She did not stop to eat, only to drink and rest momentarily, changing forms when need be. Aposun disliked her optime shift, and barely ever changed into it. However, she was fluent in shifting from lupus to secui, and did this rather often when travelling. After a week, she heard a familiar caw. Aposun spun around quickly and looked up. There, up in the great blue sky, was a large raven, riding the air currents, looking down on her admirable. "Nightfli!" Aposun cried, raising on her secui hind legs at her best friend. Nightfli dived and landed lightly on Aposun's shoulder, poking her with beaky love. "Nightfli goes where Aposun goes. To northeast we go together."

Nightfli often rode on Aposuns shoulder, sleeping during the day and waking at night to watch over his changeling. Their journey was not easy, and as he sat above her, a daily routine, he regarded her fondly. Sitting at a border of a pack meant rejoining Aposun with her own kind, ones who had the same kinds of skills and features as she did. He would always remain with Aposun, as he favored her dearly.

Aposun and Nightfli waited patiently at the border. Aposun looked in the distance readily, mumbling "It starts here.." to Nightfli. She heard a small sound and perked her ears in the direction of it. She waited.

(OOC: No need to match length at all. 1000+ words, 10 pts)
[html]

Hi! Welcome to 'Souls, and to Crimson Dreams. Just a few tid-bits of info that we ask from every joiner, just to get to know you and your char :3

>> Character Name:
>> Character Birth date (including year):
>> Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci:
>> Species: If your character is a canine, put their subspecies.
>> Gender:
>> A secondary form of contact: (AIM, MSN, Y!M)
>> How you found 'Souls:

Her thin and lean form moved over the fallen leaves with a graceful ease. The air held the chill of winter, a taste of what was to come in the next months. The season of change, and turn of the leaves, was not her favorite. The gardening female loved the rains of spring and the blossoms of summer. Fall brought death, slowly seeping into the landscape and over powering the green that was her favorite.

The Lt. General made her way around the lake, traveling away from the Mansion that was the pack’s center. Blue eyes fell to the ground as she let her nose take the lead. It was an ordinary day, a moment in time that was like any other. With each inhale the female took in the changes of her home, and found that there was something that prayed for her attention.

Four paws, small and delicate took to a run and her form made the travel fast and effortless. The scent came to her, saturated by the line the held their territory. Her coat bristled at the spine, it was foreign so much so that she could not find any neighboring pack among the flavor of female that spoke to her. It took only e moment more to find the wolf that clung to the border. Anu did not smile, eyes looking over the large form from a distance. Approaching, slowly and wearily the Dreamer spoke to the secui “Can I help you?”

By Akumu
[/html]
>> Character Name: Aposun
>> Character Birth date (including year): June Third, 2007 (2 years)
>> Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
>> Species: If your character is a canine, put their subspecies.
>> Gender: Female
>> A secondary form of contact: teen.royalty-@hotmail.com
>> How you found 'Souls: Through an advertisement.

x---

Nightfli watched a feminine figure approach, her guard up. His intelligent and powerful eyes gazed over the surroundings, noticing the small change in color of foliage. He felt the weakening warmth of the sun on his body and bathed momentarily, before realising Aposun might be in some kind of danger. This new wolf approached with haste. Nightfli never enjoyed haste, as usually it involved dramatic decision making and such was a process in which Aposun clearly lacked. The figure had, by now, reached Aposun and asked her a question. He sat rigidly, long, sharp claws pressed into the soft bark of the tree in which he sat.

Aposun watched the wolf approach her, and lowered her tail slightly. She wished to show a moderate sign of respect, even if she wasn't used to it. The new wolf asked her a question, to which Aposun responded, "I am but a traveller, looking for the shelter of a pack, with perhaps my own kind. I am weary of travels, and wish to rest on your land." The green in Aposuns eyes shone brightly, revealing a little of her soul only Nightfli was privvy to. Gold flecked the light mossy green, and there were even small brown craters. She flicked her eyes from the wolf to a tree behind her, careful to keep her eyesight friendly but not that of a submissive weakling. The last thing Aposun needed was an attack, but she was not a weak wolf, and wouldn't grovel at the paws of another for much of anything.
[html]

Their bodies spoke more powerfully then words. It had taken the wolfess some time to kill the urge to fold her ears at the sight of a larger wolf, to tuck her tail as the sound of a growl. Leadership had never been her natural calling. Her stature was slight, her form lean and thin, her features soft. But her mind was strong, her compassion great, and honesty never ending. The other females that lead the Dreaming pack had seen the trust that she could own and gave it to her. For that Anu had changed. Now as she looked at the newcomer, one who sought acceptance and a place within their ranks Anu showed the power that the pack would hold. Her tail high, ears unmoving and taking in the sound of the other’s voice.

The female watched her with a neutral gaze, and as her blue eyes looked into them, and while neither broke their stare she found a power in them. It did not seem untamed, but the Dreamer could not look to the green orbs and not find it. About to speak, the nameless female looked away and Anu let her eyes follow. The bird perched in the tree was large in size and looked to her with a purposeful gaze. The timber coated watched, but let her focus stay on the stranger.
“Crimson Dreams is no pass-through. “ Anu warned, though her tone was lighter and the tension lessoning in her features. She was happy to open her home to this female, but it was a home and a place that demanded as much as it gave.
“I am Anu. Here you will find protection, the comforts of a pack and friendship. What do you offer in return?”

By Akumu
[/html]
(OOC: I have a surgery tomorrow, I'll be recovering for a bit, but I will try to get on and keep this post active, sorry. Wink 300+ words, 3 pts)

Aposun mulled over the the question that was posed to her in her head. Her fur tousled slightly as the breeze blew gently by, and the faint autumn smell consumed her body. She breathed in heavily for a minute. She looked at the wolfess, her gaze thick but friendly, and spoke softly. "I am a powerful hunter," she began, "I used to hunt for a whole coven of ravens." At the thought of the Nightbirds, Aposuns heart skipped a little with a gentle thud. She missed them earnestly, but wanted to do Rhakvash proud. "It is very easy for me to hunt on my own, and because of this I can support a pack more easily because less energy is spent tracking food. I am also intelligent and cunning, and a very sly. I can sneak up very easily on others in my lupus form." Aposun looked to Nightfli, who shifted on his branch, watching. It took Aposun but merely a minute, her disheveled hair become neat and thinner, a small crunch of bones and joints here and there as her limbs shrunk and muscles took a smaller form. Aposun had changed into her lupus form, a brilliantly lean and small female. She had lots of fluffy fur around her ears and neck, and a feathery tail, unlike the thick, coarse fur she was accustomed to as a secui. The most noticeable change, with any secui-lupus transformation, was the fact that her size was so different. Aposun was much smaller this way. "I can sneak up easily," she broke off, and then started again after swallowing a wad of saliva, "because I am so small. I am light and fast." Nightfli clicked a little, drawing Aposuns attention from the femme. "Aposun has Nightfli", he looked right at the wolfess, "I am eyes and trust and voice."
[html]

take your time, and i hope everything goes well! good luck!

Blue eyes watched, straying to the bird that looked from the perch above and back to the grayscale female. The words came easily, with no hesitation and Anu found truth in the words that she spoke. To feed ones self was a promising trait, for it was difficult to have members that would not, or could not hunt on their own. The pups were enough. “You served birds?” Anu asked. Her voice held no humor, for she only wished to know the facts of this wolf’s life not to mock her.

The Dreamers could use a huntress and a spy. Anu was satisfied with that. They could use a strong ally, one that would serve the pack rather then plan against it. Her change did not shock Anu, but when the raven spoke her eyes darted to the creature. Anu was not one that knew low speech, the talk of creatures ‘lower’ then the canines, but the midnight avian called to her ears and spoke without hesitation. Anu was weary of it, and yet found no folly. “Aposun? And it that you?” The Lt General asked of the wolfess, a nameless stranger until now.

“You will be welcome here.” a friend of birds or not, “We only ask that as a Basic Officer of Crimson Dreams you do your best to not make trouble with the neighboring packs.” Anu had grown calm, gentle in her words. Nothing seemed more important then peace.

By Akumu
[/html]
Aposun looked up at the wolfess, half expecting to be mocked for her past. She paced for a minute, conjuring up the easiest way to tell her story. "When I was a pup," she began, sitting down once again, "My father was a Luperci and the pack did not like it. They killed him in cold blood, and my mother took me far away to protect me from the same fate." A glazed look came over Aposun's beautiful eyes, and a small wetness came to them. What she would do to run with her family once again, the limits were endless. "My mother died of agony over the death of my father. I was left alone, in a place I did not know. I was surprised myself, to come over a coven of Ravens, and to be able to understand them." At that moment, Nightfli gracefully picked himself up and flew, as gently as he could, not to pose a threat to the femme Aposun was talking to, and clung onto Aposuns shoulder, nudging her gently with his great black head. He turned his inquisitive eyes to face the blue eyes.

"Their leader, Rhakvash, is Nightfli's father. I believe they saw me as something valuable. They had always watched Luperci, and a small fantasy of Rhakvash's was to have one of his own, so that he may live a life of easy luxury, not having to hunt for himself. I accepted that agreement, and fed the coven well for many moons. In return, they taught me what they could of Luperci, and that is where I learned how to change." Aposun stretched feebly in the sunlight, and Nightfli grabbed gently onto her fur so that he would not be displaced as she did. "We lived in a rather dead area, and prey became harder and harder to find. The coven's numbers had multiplied, with supplied food and easy living. I had hunted the area clean for them, and it was no longer sustainable for us. Rhakvash sent me on my way, alone, in a general direction."

At that moment, Nightfli's eyes darted quickly as he saw movement. He opened his tough, sharp beak momentarily and relaxed once he realised it had just been an early autumn leaf fluttering by in the breeze. Aposun had to stifle a small growl of amusement because she wished to remain unhostile and serious. "Nightfli chose to follow me. He is my companion, I go nowhere without him. His English isn't terrible, as it has increased dramatically in my presence. I'm sure in a year or two he will be able to speak clearly and coherently." Nightfli ruffled Aposuns fur kindly, scratching her neck with his beak. "I realise I had not done this before- I'm terrible at introductions, you see. My name is Aposun." She smiled slightly, in her wolfy way. Extending friendship, that's what should be done. "I am happy to hear you have agreed to let me stay. Thank you! I will do my best to behave myself."

(OOC: 500+ words, 5 pts)
[html]

yayyy! we can end here, or keep going. ust PM me or reply :].. its up to you. you'll be titled and ready to post!! I also recommend filling out your profile, then people will know all this good history on Aposun!!

Listening came easily to the wolfess. Never shy about being silent Anu took in the story that she had ask for in a round about way. Her story was a sad one, but her connection with the winged beasts was fascinated. Many did not understand her own love of plants and trees, nor her faith in the Sun. This relationship that she had with the coven, and with this Nightfli, could be taken as a negative omen but Anu was more curious then she was afraid. "None are chastised here for their Luperci." Anu told her, in case Aposun feared that such a discrimination existed.

Anu smiled along with the other wolfess. Maybe there were gaining more then just one member. The bird sat upon the female shoulder, eyeing Anu and perhaps wondering wondering if they had past the test that would allow them entrance into Crimson Dreams. "Its a pleasure to welcome you to Crimson Dreams Aposun and Nightfli." it was not as odd to adress the bird as she once thought. She spoke to flowers after all.

By Akumu
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

Aposun smiled slightly at the wolfess. "Thank you for your kindness," She muffled gently. "Nightfli and I appreciate it." Aposun raised slightly, and sniffed around, her nose grazing the cold grass. The weather had taken a turn for the worst, a drawn out conversation could do that. The rain had just slightly begun, but the unforgiving sky was bringing in black and angry clouds, and a downpour would ensue.

Nightfli raised into the air, off Aposuns shoulder. His broad wingspan took in air and fluttered across the invisible border. He landed in grass beyond the border, waiting. His eyes beaded and sparkling, with much interest. Aposun took a deep breath, her fur expanding and puffing to make room for the air which filled her lungs to the brim. She exhaled, her fur once again clutching closely to her body, and walked a step forward. Another step. She gingerly placed her paws in the grass, moving towards the border. She walked, slowly, and began moving faster with each step. Eventually she gained momentum and hurdled at the border, a big goofy grin on the face of an angel. Her lean body moved swiftly, expanding and contracting beautifully formed muscles on an even fairer pelt. Aposun felt the sigh of the tight corded muscles as they moved distinctly beneath her, for they wished to always remain in movement. She hurdled across the border, adrenaline sucking the very air from her body and leaving her breathless. She threw herself at the ground playfully, rolling violently passed Nightfli. He raised into the air easily, in game, flinging himself at his madame.

A playful growl escaped Aposun's muzzle, and she raised immediately and in deep embarrassment. She hadn't meant to be so silly, playing games with her friend, but this was a time of happiness. She stood rigidly, looking at the other wolf. "Will you show me around the place?" She asked, sweetly and in a very genuine way.

(OOC: 300+, 3pts)
[html]

The older woman remembered when she had entered a pack for the first time. It had been an anxious time, but also exciting. To finally feel accepted after spending so much time alone or not knowing where she belonged was a joyous feeling. Anu could understand how Aposun felt, and knew why she was so eager to pass over into her new home. The bird was the one to pass through first, and then the wolfess followed. It was interesting to watch them interact, and Anu couldn't help but smile.

The gray and brown hued fey nodded, ready to show the newcomer the heart of the packlands.
"Sure, I can take you to the manor." Anu spoke, her tail moving lazily behind her. Blue eyes looked at the large bird, assuming that he would join them as well. Even with such a brief meeting Anu had grown comfortable with the midnight avian. To great him as a pack member might be troublesome for other Dreamers, but Anu was sure they would grow accustomed to it quickly

By Akumu
[/html]