fast rode the knight.
[html]
whisper beach

It was a human structure, the road. Seeker knew so because it was not anything found in nature, with its hot, black face and the infinite yellow line, once bright and alert, now fading with the passage of time. These roads that had united lands, made everything structured and precise, taken travelers to whatever destinations they so pleased. Seeker found it silly of humans to give themselves to the mercy of the road. Who was to say it would not one day form a mind of its own and misguide its blind followers? Today, Seeker was a blind follower, he was allowing himself to be carried by the black tar and its tireless yellow line. Not because he wanted the structure or precision that it offered, but because he wasn't afraid of where the road took him.

It just so happened that Seeker was met by the sound of waves crashing upon the shoreline, attacking the sands that had withstood the abuse long before humans had existed and long after they had gone. The beach was undeniably beautiful, particularly due to the storm that loomed above the unforgiving waters, as if the storm were a dark knight, coming in with its great daggers of rain to seek revenge upon the water that had swallowed its lady whole. But the knight's efforts were futile, for Seeker remained a silent observer in the sand as the waves swallowed up the drops of rain without much effort at all.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... are_80.png);">
To say that Xeris was tired of the rain would be an overwhelming understatement. What had started off as a pleasant day for a stroll on the beach--her favorite thing to do when she was bored--was giving way to yet another rainstorm. Thankfully it was not as heavy at this moment as it had been previously, and was thus more tolerable for the white-furred wolfess. In her lupus form, as she had felt compelled to stay in recently, Xeris was making her way along the shore, heading back to the territory held by Phoenix Valley. She would have to deal with being rained upon for now.

At first she did not notice the gray and white colored man standing near the shore, but when she did, she stopped to look at him. There is something rather odd about him, she thought as she watched from a distance. He seemed to be staring off endlessly into nothingness, as if he was a sentry, waiting for something. Perhaps he was a mirage; his fur color blended in with the dark clouds overhead. Cautiously, Xeris slowly walked closer, approaching him carefully. "Hello," she said simply, wondering if this mysterious man would respond or if he was just a figment of her imagination.
[/html]
[html]
Sorry, had to rush to get this done and be out the door. So it's shit, xD

The rain weakened Seeker's senses. His sight was impaired by the sheets of rain, making blurred shapes out of what might otherwise be clear to him. Anything he might be able to hear was stolen by the harsh pounding of waves and the rhythmic roar of rain. His scent, too, was marred by the cold, unforgiving dampness of the wet world he now inhabited. As far as Seeker could tell, the rain was a team of warriors, disarming their enemies with ease. This was why, when a small voice found its way to his ears, he was absolutely caught off guard. But, he wouldn't dare show it.

A slight flinch of his shoulders might give away his sudden surprise, but he figured the rain might distort things to her as well and this woman should not be able to tell. Seeker kept his fiery gaze on the ocean as he returned the greeting. Hello," he echoed. Turning slowly to face her. She was a pretty little thing and Seeker was intrigued by the dreamy look on her face. "I am Seeker of Truth," he stated. That usually got a rise out of them.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... are_80.png);">
That's okay, this post of mine isn't all that great either lol

Xeris continued to look at the strange man before her through the rain. He seemed at first to pay her no attention whatsoever. Perhaps the white wolfess was simply hallucinating. Too much rain must be bad for you, she thought. The combination of the waves, wind and rain was harsh on her ears; perhaps she just hadn't spoken loud enough. But she waited, staring at him. Something inside her told her that leaving this scene was not the right thing to do.

She was a bit startled when his voice suddenly pierced through the noise of the rain. Her golden eyes watched as he slowly turned toward her, his white-furred underbelly sticking out against the dull gray of the sky and the clouds. And then he told her his name--Seeker of Truth? How odd, she thought to herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Seeker of Truth," she replied over the rain. "My name is Xeris." She paused for a moment, wondering what else to say. The rain impeded her sense of smell, and she couldn't pick up the scent of a pack on him, so she decided to find out more about him--he could be from Inferni. "Where are you from?"
[/html]