Down across the clouds
[html]

It had been a haze of sorts, starting in some sort of damp cold and moving on to something warmer. It was confusing, dream like, but when Phasma opened her eyes she knew. Just knew. It was like walking on absolutely nothing, really. No weight, no sense of really existing. Why was she still there though? The question was easily answered once she realized where she was. Piles and piles of white snow decorated the North, leaving but a small portion of the river clear. It was there by the river that she sat, gazing across the lands. It was Storm.

It was apparent that they couldn't see her, the small creatures that moved past without a worry in the world, and the ears of the phantom-like figure folded back in sadness. It was unfortunate really, how was she supposed to make things right if not a soul in the world knew she was there? The once proud woman leaned over slowly, peering down into the water and broken ice, only to find that nothing looked back at her. No breath moved in puffs through the air, no sounds as she moved, and so she just sat. Sat and waited and wondered if she'd just sit forever.

[/html]
[html]

It may be a little long, it always looks like less before I put it in my table.

It had been a pleasant day. He hadn't had a fight in a good while, meaning that there were no new hurts bothering him, and though he had been back and his enemies knew he had returned, he had yet to be accosted by any of them. This surprised him, though the young man Gabriel--now alpha--had struck him as more stable than his mother, so perhaps it shouldn't have. Being away from the hate of the coyotes, from the carnage of war, from the politics of a pack, he felt a measure of freedom he had not felt since his days as a traveling warrior. He was just now coming back from a visit with his friend, the alpha of this all-too-familiar territory.

Suddenly he felt a familiar sensation, a hint of a smell, or a sound...he never knew what caused it. He felt a presence, but knew that the sense was too immaterial for it to be a wolf. His lone ear stood up immediately, scanning the area directly in front of him anyway. It had been the same as the day Fly had greeted him from the grave, though this person did not...smell? feel? the same. His amber eyes focused in front of him, where he began to make it out.

"Name yourself, spirit." His voice was firm, suspicious, though not yet hostile. A spirit was always out of place in the mortal plane, and even though he knew no technique or weapon that could possibly help him against one that meant him ill, he was ever on the defensive.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
I know how that is sometimes. XD

The sound of the river as it rushed along seemed muffled, an echo almost, the wind as it blew through the bare trees barely audible. Her vision, though it had been slightly hazy before, was clearing suddenly, as were the sounds that surrounded her. She blinked a few times, perhaps out of habit rather than need now, and continued to stare onward. She'd heard the avalanche that day, heard word that all was still well, but even that couldn't have prepared her for what she saw. A desolate mound of white that seemed to suck the life right out of everything. It was amazing that no one had been caught in it.

In the midst of distant thoughts a voice came, causing the woman to turn and look. Skoll, she'd met him on the borders that day. Could he see her? "Phasma" The woman called out quietly, though it didn't feel as if she'd spoken at all. "Phasma Kiles." As if there were any other Phasma but her. The woman shifted then, liquid movements, turning herself from the river to face to battleworn male. "You can see me?"

[/html]
[html]

Phasma? The old gamma. He had only met her once, at the border of Storm, but she had fled before he could learn anything about her. She had taken issue with his return, he knew, even though ultimately he had turned Phoenix down, as much for his own reservations as for hers. The fact that he was seeing her now meant...

“Yes. I am alarmed, though, to see that you have died. I saw you not but a few months past. What has transpired?” He had no idea what to expect in answer. He had heard that she'd returned from her meeting with the Inferni coyotes, so they were unlikely to have killed her. As far as he knew, there were no existing pack wars, though the conflict that had taken her territory the first time had been over in a single day, so it was not impossible.

[/html]
[html]

"I don't know." The woman answered honestly, having not really thought about it until that very moment. How had she died? Where? "I only remember falling asleep near the fire in the den." Everything beyond that was black, unfamiliar, and then she had woken in Storm. Despite her lack of knowledge about her own death, Phasma knew exactly why she was in Storm. It was something that she could just feel, really, and there was little else she could think to explain it. "Just my time, I guess." She wasn't ever a creature of faith but it simply being her time seemed like a reasonable enough explaination.

"I know why I'm here though." There wasn't any other reason, any other thing that she felt attached to at that moment. "Phoenix." Certainly Skoll knew what had gone on or, at least, had knowledge that she'd left the lands and perhaps even that she'd left on bad terms. "I don't think I can go until I know he'll be alright." Wherever it was that she was going, anyways. "I held strong in my beliefs and Phoenix did so in his. It wasn't you personally that made the choose what I did and, if you'll allow it, I wish to ask a favor of you."

[/html]
[html]

He nodded at her words. She would have known if she'd been murdered. No teeth were subtle enough to kill quietly through slumber. Not that he would necessarily have leapt into action if it had been such...she certainly would not have expected it of him, and he had paid badly enough for acting on his morals before. Still...the idea of it being her time made him uneasy. She was no older than he was. Just another reminder that life was short; one would live as best they could, and then there would come an ending.

"You wouldn't be the first who was leery of me," he said, flicking an ear and dismissing the subject of her relations with him personally. His re-entry had been Phoenix's idea anyway, her qualms had not dashed any great hopes of his. "As for a favor, it will depend on what you ask of me, wolfess." Calling her wolfess wasn't exactly accurate, but it seemed insensitive to refer to her as a specter. He would be fully willing to protect his friends in Storm, particularly its alpha who had won his friendship and respect over time, as well as that alpha's children. That would always be true.

[/html]
[html]

For a woman who always sought to see the good in everyone or, at least, to help reveal that good, it was a hard thing to admit that the sight of him even made her weary. It was a sad thing that he'd had to come to expect that of people also, but Phasma supposed that now was not the time to dwell on such things. There was little more that she could do for anyone now. Phasma stood then, nodding her head in a sort of understanding fashion. She wouldn't ask of him, he who was even still a stranger to her, to do something of utmost importance unless it was dire and, since she was still lingering in this place, she felt it was so.

"Watch over Phoenix. Make sure he knows he is doing well and that people are proud of him." All it took was one person to believe in someone else, in her mind, and it was likely that Skoll was just the person to do so.

[/html]
[html]

Her request was an odd one, but he did not see any reason not to carry it out. Emotional support was far from his own area of expertise, though he knew he possessed a heart of his own, as hardened as it was at times by the life it had endured. Still...it was odd to hear her say those words. From what picked up, she had departed from Storm rather than to live by his judgment. He had not believed she cared about the (no longer) young male, for loyalty was of utmost importance to him. There were different sorts of loyalty, though, and it was clear that while he could not follow the logic of her actions, she had kept on caring about him with some powerful part of her heart.

"I can do that." He said definitively, the tone of his voice making clear his intent to follow it through. "I will watch after him, and make sure that he knows that he is appreciated." He knew that she was here for her own business with Phoenix, he suspected that he had only found her on accident, or that perhaps fate had placed him where a seer had been needed. "Could I ask something in return, though?"

He waited a moment before continuing, wondering if it was inappropriate to take up more of her time, since he was sure she had very little left. "Wherever you're going...if you meet a woman named Galdra, can you tell her that Skoll is sorry?"

[/html]
[html]

Kind words were not uncommon, even for the hardest of being, she knew, which was why she would instill such trust into him. They were loyal to one another, she know that both ways, and if Phoenix needed a push in the right direction or even just kind words, she knew that his friend would oblige. The woman smiled faintly at his words and nodded her head. The real peace came knowing that she had done what she needed and, as she stood and gazed at him, she knew that it was time for her to go. His words kept her though, not unwillingly, and again she nodded. He had all rights to ask her a favor also.

"I will be sure to do so." She smiled again and turned away from him. Perhaps, even for just a short moment, she seemingly flickered out of existence. Silent again, all was well, but as if there were some hesitation over moving on, she was back. More near to him this time and even less present than she had been before, she whispered quietly. "She knows." It was all she managed before she was gone.

[/html]