The Truth about Justice
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... table2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

ooc: Thanks again Marit for this lovely table!
My first thread. Please let me know if there are things I must change! :3
BTW, not all my posts will be this large. Infact, this will be the only monstrous-sized one. Sorry about that!

THE TRUTH ABOUT JUSTICE
... Is that there is none. To live, you have to be better than right, better than strong, better than heart-felt.

You have to be cunning.

She ran, shadows at her heels as they skipped through darkness so black that it blinded her vision, tore at her throat. Nothing more than a silhouette in the dusk, the night that yawned like a gaping mouth and ate the world. Ate her. Ate him.

No, never him.

The bundle in her mouth squirmed slightly, a small murmur of fitful dream slipping from maw not before tainted with the foulness of angst or anger. The she-dog grimaced, her eyes burning brightly with unshed, unfelt tears in the growing darkness as her son, her tenuous hold to this fragile space of mind, whined. The soft sound, so full of terror and pain, rent at her heart much more than the slashes at her sides, the wounds on her throat, her legs, her stomach... The fight had been brief but disastrous, and now the mother was running on her last pair of legs. How many moons had it been since the terror, the pain, the flight? A choked sob split through the she-dog's maw, muffled by the twitching bundle held there, cradled like the most precious of gold and jewels. Her memory was blank, a soothing wall of darkness that engulfed everything but the need to escape. The need for safety. The need to be there, be there, hurry, hurry; For Caillen, she had to. For Caillen.

Be where?

Eyes of purest emerald lifted now to the land that was around her; Pine trees, elevated so high above that their ghastly limbs seemed to reach to the very sky, tear at the dark expanse. The stars, lost between skeletal fingers of bark and leaf, were but winking eyes seen only between the rush of her feverish tears. The pup in her maw moaned again, the sounds stabbing at her sanity. How long had she been running? The pads on her feet were a wreck, a mess of scars and fresh blood that invisibly marked the ground behind them. A scent trail that would be their undoing, if they didn't reach somewhere soon. If they didn't reach somewhere before he reached them.

The father was in her head; his snarling face a livid thing, a horrible thing as it clawed at mind's eye. He was talking to her, that cold, lifeless tone that told the fanatical beauty everything she needed to know without actually listening. How had he found them? She was so weak, so weak; curled about her son. He wanted her son. He wanted her.

I will kill you. I will kill you.

In her half-unconscious state, delirium a haunting of ghastly faces and memories, the she-dog snarled; the sound rent the air about them, more a scream than the hollow threat it was meant to be. Her beautiful body, more lithe and hairless than that of a wolf, shuddered and tripped; protruding ribs slammed forward into the ground, head twisted backwards as she threw the bundle forwards to save him from being crushed by the fall. Earth rose up to meet her; teeth came down hard upon tongue as pedigree head collided with the ground, fangs piercing through the soft flesh as glorious green eyes rolled back up into her head. Blood drizzled from the corner of the delicate, shapely maw as body slid to a halt; lush green grass sprang back up about her fallen, sickly-famished frame as if it had never been flattened in the first place. Darkness blotched out her vision of the forest, one last, horrible moan splitting from that mouth as it eclipsed all beyond.

Caillen? I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...

-------------------

He had been having that dream again. The eyes, the red, red eyes that hunted him down. Where was mama? Where was his mama? Those flashing white teeth were back, spread in a wicked sneer as they closed about his trembling body...

Jolted awake by the sudden movement of his carrier, Caillen opened bleary ice blue eyes to the world. His heart was thudding, a thunderous beat of fear and fever as the little thing whined into awareness. His tail, a curl of soft color, tickled spine and he wriggled in response, little mouth widening onto a yawn as those shadowed sights blinked drowsily. He could feel his mother's breath, a sharp rush between her teeth at his scruff as her body jerked unsteadily with the run. She is sobbing, again... Had been doing that on and off for some time now. That little mouth opened to tell her that it was fine, he was fine, they were fine, when she stumbled again; a snarl rushed past his frame, so frightfully vicious that the pup shivered in fright. Then they were falling, falling, falling, and he was being flung through the air, just as her body crashed to the ground where he would have been crushed. Little paws batted uselessly at nothing, searching the blankness for an earth that found him anyway.

The scrawny bundle connected with the soil in a harsh thump, the air whooshing through his lungs as eyes watered at the sudden pain. The roaring in his ears began to dull, a new sound carrying through as the shocked little whelp lay listless on the soft earth - a moan, a cry, almost a howl in its crescendo. Mother! The shaking in his body doubled, that little frame a quaking mess of mottled terracotta, copper and cream fur as he slowly rolled onto his stomach. He was hungry... So hungry, but his mother needed him now. So Caillen crawled the meter between them, crawled the expanse of grass that seemed to take a life-time to conquer. He reached her head; sharp breath rushed through that bleeding mouth, heart beat faintly through her soft, beautiful pelt.

"M-m-m-mama? Oh, mama... P-p-p-please wake up!"

Tears flowed forth, but they went unheeded by the pile of fur before him. He was cold and hungry, so cold and hungry; abandoning the hope of reviving her, the whelp curled his body up against her chest, the soft beating of her heart lulling him into a fitful sleep.

No justice. No justice.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... gles-1.png); background-color:#0b010a; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Table © Jacoby;After he's met with Snake, Xeris, Svara, and Heath
You're Automatic To Me
There's No Real Love In You..

I'm so happy. Cause today I found my friends.
They're in my head. I'm so ugly. But that's ok.
'Cause so are you. We've broke our mirrors.

Sunday morning. Is everyday for all I care.
And I'm not scared. Light my candles. In a daze cause I've found god.
he was just singing to himself as he walked along the terra. He held his pike, a doe skull mounted on top of it. This was Snake's gift back to him..Or atleast the gift of the memory of making the pike. They both had made one, and adventured to find the skulls to mount on top of them, and ever since then, Daisuke had been using his staff to get most anywhere. Now, you would ask, how did Daisuke get his skull to stay on? Well....Daisuke found some more twine, for he had hit the same place he had before, and then tied the skull securely onto the top of his staff. He had also found some feathers in the last few days and tied those to the ends of the twine strings. His was starting to look good, he had wondered if Snake-kun had done anything to his own, or if he even kept it. A staff held many uses with one that travels a lot, but for a wolf whom is stationary in their packlands, it might be a nuisance to carry around. He wasn't too sure though, he had been too intimidated to even really check out the pack life here yet. The boy danced through the forest, his body moving with a rhythmic beat that was like he was a fluid. He twisted and turned his stick, raving with it. If he had known what glowsticks were, he probably would be able to rave very amazingly.

His body continued to dance on and on, his body distracted by his movements, and the sound of his own music playing in his head. That all was broken when he heard the sound of pain. A howling pain that hurt his audits. The male pinned his golden ears to his head, and he stopped for a moment. He then was quick to respond, running towards the sound of the animal in pain. It was canine. He could tell by the sound. His staff was picked up and held parallel to the ground to avoid it being in the way, that was until he saw a fallen log that was in his way. He pushed the stick to where he would be able to use it to pole vault over the log, and he did so with little problem. Once he was over the log, he happened to be right in front of the source of the female whom had made the horrible sound. His audits pricked up, and he stabbed his staff into the ground before sinking onto all fours, and crawling over to the female. She was also bleeding. A shudder went through his body as he looked at her eyes. They were rolled back, like she was possessed. He shook his head and looked at the small fluff of fur that was laying next to her. She had a kid. Audits pulled back before he pulled his hand through his long mane hair. My timing sucks. thought the boy before he bent down and put his ear to her chest. She was alive, and breathing. He was relieved. He wouldn't really have to deal with anything but all the wounds. He touched her ribs. She was very skinny. Don't worry. I have some rabbit back at my den. That is..If I can get both of you there... The male turned to the kid. Hey kid.. he spoke, nudging the kid with a golden finger. Wake up. Hey...You need to wake up. he spoke, again, nudging the kid with his finger. I need your help. Who are you? Is this your mother?

speak

Why do I keep loving you?
You're so Automatic...To Me...

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

There was a persistent ringing in the child's ears, like the whine of a mosquito that no amount of twitching could dissuade. It was only after a moment of irritated curiosity the the droning turned into words, speech. This dawning of realization was quickly followed by a sharp poke to the ribs, by which Caillen was finally roused.

His eyes, clear sky blue that was dappled slightly with red, lifted to the stranger and was struck in awe by miles and miles of golden fur. Fear was quick to follow - Mama had always told him to never, never, NEVER trust strangers, especially the ones who knew how to stand up straight on their back legs, like this mister was doing. Blinking warily, the whelp tried to sink back into his mother, his skinny little frame submerged in the silky fur of her ruff. But, undeterred, the stranger kept right on talking, and in spite of the weariness that pinched his sweet little face hollow, Caillen continued to listen. He needed... He needed his help? Blink, again, the fatigue stinging behind his eye-lids, small stomach rumbling in protest to the thrumming and droning in his little skull. Why would this mister need HIS help? He was just a little boy.

But still, Mama had always told him to be polite. Besides, this mister didn't look all that strange to him.

" M-m-my name is... Caillen. This is my m-m-mama."

His voice was soft, the words broken by a thick stuttering that the child had had ever since he'd been able to talk. Alaine had told him not to be ashamed of it, but he had seen the way her eyes had shadowed when this speech flaw had never faded away. It made him self-conscious, and the weedy little pup frowned, shrank smaller before the stranger.

" There is a bad m-m-m-m... Fellow, after us. But my Mama said t-t-that we would be alright, Mister. She's just s-s-s... Tired, thats all."

As if in response, Alaine let loose a soft moan that died down to a thrumming in her throat. The wounds had grown scabby and festered on her beautiful pelt, but her paws twitched as if in her mind, they were still running away. Consciousness came fleetingly, her piercing emerald eyes rolling back down, heavily lidded as they stared through a fog of illness at the stranger that crouched low of her body. There was a spasm that shuddered through her famished frame, and as it continued along her body, but she did not move from the fetal position on the ground. Could not, perhaps. Her eyes were glazed and glossy as they lifted to the golden-pelted boy.

" Please, don't hurt him... Please... Save my son..."

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... gles-1.png); background-color:#0b010a; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Table © Jacoby; slight pp approved by Alaine.
You're Automatic To Me

M-m-my name is... Caillen. This is my m-m-mama. the boy studdered him as he finally woke up. Azure eyes met with innocent little azure eyes. His hands went to his mane once more. He brushed through his hair with his fingers, him obviously being slightly stressed out by the situation. His mind ran a million miles ahead, trying to figure out what the hell would he tell the boy if his mother died while under his care. Daisuke looked sympathetically at the boy. It would be hard to him to tell the boy the news. He shook the thought from his head as he started to pay attention to the real world now. There is a bad m-m-m-m... Fellow, after us. But my Mama said t-t-that we would be alright, Mister. She's just s-s-s... Tired, that's all. the boy continued on to speak. They were being chased eh? Daisuke looked back to his mother, and sighed lightly. this is going to be a long night. he thought to himself as he heard a groan come from the lips of the feo. She became conscious of the fact that he was there. Please, don't hurt him... Please... Save my son... she pleaded to him. He could barely hurt a fly, much less a pup. He looked at the feo, and his azure eyes looked into her glossy green ones. His hand lifted to her chin, and he pulled himself closer to her, so they were looking straight into each other's eyes. M'lady... A gentleman never would hurt you or your son. You will live, you hear me? You will see your boy tomorrow, and the next day, and so on. I promise you that. he spoke to her, his words trying to encourage her to hold on. He would take care of her. He didn't have much of anything to offer as far as comfortable beds, or anything that was fancy, but he did have somewhere where they can rest, and food that they could eat.

M'lady, I am going to take you and Caillen to my den. You will be fine, I will give you the medical attention you need. I may be young, but I know the common forms of the healing arts. I mean, to be a warrior, you must also know how to do things that will help you survive if you're injured. he spoke to the woman, and the younger boy. He then stood up. Young Caillen, I need you to hold on to my tail so you do not get lost. he spoke to the young child as he then looked back to his mother and moved himself to where he'd be able to pick her up. He picked her up with her back against his arms, and her face looking up. Any blood that would collect in her mouth would have to be dumped every once and awhile so she didn't drown herself in her own blood. Wouldn't that be a humiliating way to die...Choke on your own blood... Anyways, Daisuke did so, and then looked to Caillen. My den is not too far from here, When we get there, you may sleep, and eat. he spoke, nodding his head before he lowered his tail so the boy could grab it with his little puppy fangs. He held his stick across his chest, the feomora being protected by the stick, just in case any other unexpected visitors make their way past the small group. With that, he started to move towards his temporary home.

speak

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Her eyes watered as the stranger leaned forwards, his hand gentle but firm on the underside of her chin, that she might look directly into his eyes without having to hold up the weight of her own skull. Inside her, something withered, some part of pride that Alaine had fostered still. Humbled by his words, she wept silent tears for joy that there were still some on this earth whom could take in unto their hearts to save a young mother and her baby. His eyes were blue, she noted with less intent as head began to drift back upon that cloud of unconsciousness. Blue like the ocean was blue. She would remember them forever.

" ... Thank you."

Caillen watched with wide cerulean eyes as the stranger spoke to his Mama. His little chest tightened with the feeling of uncertainty; Would Mama be angry that he had spoken with a stranger? Oh, he didn't really care, but to see her angry would be far better than to see this broken, weeping thing that his Mama had become. But a hollowed shell of the vibrant and innocent beauty she had been, before the rape, before his birth. Somewhere in his subconscious, the young child could fault himself for her condition. But he did not, for she did not, and would never. The bond between mother and son was immeasurably strong. So his eyes, wide like a baby owl, watched as the golden hero spoke to his Mama, even after her head had slumped with blackness, her body gone listless like her bones were melted right away.

" Young Caillen, I need you to hold on to my tail so you do not get lost."

The pup rose uncertainly, his tail jammed firmly between quivering hind-legs, paws that were far too large for his skinny, malnourished body stumbling erratically over the earth so that the whelp could obey the golden hero's instructions. Mama wouldn't mind; She said, one must always respect their elders. Besides, this was a hero he was following, not a stranger - They were two completely different things. With his heart brimming with childish faith, the young copper fellow slunk forwards to gingerly grasp the tip of the golden fellow's tail between his chattering teeth. The older boy was speaking again, but his words were strange and foreign. Den? For as long as he could remember, Mama had been running. There was no such thing in Caillen's past as a den. But sleep, and food; They were both things a young growing child could recognize, and with much gusto, too! He managed a small smile, but those sky-blue eyes shone with a spark they had not held before. On the strange trio went, in a mis-matched conga line. Two scraggly, mud-spattered lupus, and one clean gold-pelted optime. The tail in his maw tickled little pink nose, and Caillen swallowed the urge to sneeze by speaking about his furry mouthful.

" Excuse me, M-m-mister. But what is your name? A'cause I figure, Sir, that if I kn-kn-know your name, then you aren't really a stranger, Sir. Mama told me not to s-s-sp... Talk to strangers. But she talked to you, so thats alright, isn't it?"

He babbled on as if speaking were a cure, the high-pitched swell of sound helping to keep away the fog that lingered still in his mind, the pinched feeling between his ribs and the deep, gaping hole in his stomach. It was impossible to tell the state of Alaine's health, but for when the trio occasionally stopped to empty her maw of the strange red liquid. Then, she would cough and splutter like her ribs were full of hornets, and look forward with glazed, unseeing eyes until the strange sleep would take her frame blissfully once more.

" Are we a-a-almost there? My feet hurt. I'm hungry. What d-d-do you like to eat? I like to eat pheasants. Mama used to be real good at c-c-catching them, till... Till..."

He fell silent after that.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Jacoby
You're Automatic To Me

Thank you... was all she could mutter to him. A thank you was sufficient enough for him. He needed no pay back, only because he would go out of his way to help one in need. His tail was grasped by the male pup only seconds later. This made his tail stop it's wagging, and stay completely still. The three continued on and on. Excuse me, M-m-mister. But what is your name? A'cause I figure, Sir, that if I kn-kn-know your name, then you aren't really a stranger, Sir. Mama told me not to s-s-sp... Talk to strangers. But she talked to you, so thats alright, isn't it? he had concerns about his name. Daisuke had been so rude! How could he forget something so important?! The male mentally slapped himself in the head. How rude of me! My name is Daisuke Ghanjai/Urahazu. You can just call me Dai, or Daisuke though. You don't have to use all that 'sir' stuff. he spoke, his maw letting a small chuckle from it, and his maw just holding that friendly smile that it always did. I believe it is good to talk to someone you don't know when they are helping you, so yes, I'm sure it's good to talk to me, since your mother did the same. he spoke, nodding his head, and concentrating on making his tail stay still.

The trio traveled on and on, the optime leading the pup, and holding his mother, bridal style. He tried to hurry, and he stopped every time he noticed that the femme's maw got full of blood. Every time she's cough, and then fit for a few seconds and then fall back to sleep. His eyes went to a cave that he had called his den for a few days now. It was newly established since he had been adventuring most of the time, and this was the first cave he had come upon. He looked to the creek that had been close by to the cave, and he turned to that first. He needed to clean her wounds, as well as get some water for the boy so he too was not dehydrated. Are we a-a-almost there? My feet hurt. I'm hungry. What d-d-do you like to eat? I like to eat pheasants. Mama used to be real good at c-c-catching them, till... Till. the boy spoke to Daisuke, and he listened, until the boy cut off at the end of his sentence. Eyes looked back to the boy and his head cocked lightly. We're almost there. If you look over there, you'll see it. But first we have to go to the creek, and get some water. Wash your mother's wounds.. But until what? What happened after that? he asked, pressing the matter since he was curious of what the boy was to say. I also don't know if you've had a rabbit before, but I have a few of them in my den from earlier today. he spoke, nodding his head since the boy wanted to know what he had to eat.

He lead to the two to the water, the shallow creek that had a elevated side instead of a shore. Let go of my tail so I can help your mother with washing. There's a shallow part that you can stand in and drink down that way a bit. It's not too far, maybe about 15 feet or so. he spoke, nodding his head and pointing towards where the hill was elevating, so the water was running towards Daisuke, and downhill to a pool that was far from here. The part that he was at now was deep enough for himself and the female, but slightly too deep for this pup. Once he felt the teeth remove from his fluffy tail, he stepped into the water, and put her down into it. He held her head up above the water, and he started to run his hands down her body, rinsing the mud and blood from her body, while keeping an ear on the boy to make sure he didn't have too many complications up the hill.

speak

[/html]
[html]

His gaze was innocently adoring as it stared up at the back of the young brute ahead, listening with childish interest to his name, the calming rumble of his voice. Caillen had known very few wolves in his life. They smelt different to Alaine, whom still bore the domestic design of dogs bred, so long ago, from wolves by the hand of man. Caillen had wolf-blood in him, though. Smelt of the wild, of the land. It troubled his mother sometimes, and she would tell him of his canine heritage, not of the wolf his father had been. This young fellow, though, he was different again. Smiling happily around his mouth-full of tail, the young pup listened eagerly to the other's name, his words.

" D-Dai- suke."

He whispered softly to himself, memorizing the name, trying out the feel of it in his maw. It felt good, a strong name.

" We're almost there. If you look over there, you'll see it. But first we have to go to the creek, and get some water. Wash your mother's wounds.. But until what? What happened after that? Also don't know if you've had a rabbit before, but I have a few of them in my den from earlier today."

His owlish blue eyes rounded slightly, maw twitching as if it wished to spill words, but could not. That was not his story to tell, oh no. What happened after that... Belonged purely to his mother. She had never shared it with him, and the young boy knew only of what he had seen, what he had heard. That made for a puzzling, affronting mixture, the likes of which he could hardly express into words. Oblivious to the whelp's change of heart, Daisuke continued onwards, his voice still leveling that sense of calm.

" Let go of my tail so I can help your mother with washing. There's a shallow part that you can stand in and drink down that way a bit. It's not too far, maybe about 15 feet or so."

Obediently releasing the mentioned plume, Caillen rocked uncertainly for a moment, shifting his meager weight from one large paw to the next. His fluted blue gaze went from the golden hero, to his mother, and back to Daisuke, unrelenting and suddenly wary. It was one thing to trust a stranger when they were in action, moving, helping. Another thing to leave them alone, especially with one's mother. It was not, of course, that he didn't trust the older male - As far as Caillen was concerned, the brute had become some sort of idol. He hoped to be that big, that kind, one day. It was more... What if his mother woke up? What if she panicked, and couldn't see him? Another moment passed, in which he let out a soft huff, before obediently trotting a way down the stream to quench his budding thirst.

Alaine stirred in his arms, the sensation of water, sweet, cool water rushing past her broken frame bringing the fairy damsel back to consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open, thick lashes parting to reveal once more that bewitching, eternal emerald. For a moment, she was still; Dreamy, unaware. Were there hands moving over her body? Confusion. Then gaze flitted slightly, saw the golden fellow, his features intent with concentration. Fear swarmed up, frighteningly fast till it chocked in her throat. Suddenly, the hands moving over her body no longer felt welcome.

She struggled back suddenly, the snarl forming on maw even as her power faltered, just enough for canine body to flounder back into the water and out of Daisuke's reach. Thankfully, the stream here was shallow enough that her shoulders up remained clear of the fluid that flowed, cool and healing, over her wounds. Frightened and disoriented, Alaine stared at the golden male for a moment, her snarl livid and vicious in warning. Do not touch me. But, another moment passed, and recognition stirred back, along with the weakness as her adrenaline wore off. No, this was not He, not the one she feared and hated. This was the one who had helped her, and her son. Her eyes scanned the area quickly, saw a den, but no Caillen. Even as her body trembled in protest at the strain of energy to hold herself upright, Alaine maintained the distance between her and the stranger, clearing her throat before speaking in a rusty voice.

" Who are you? Where is my son?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Jacoby;meh. short.
I'm staring at a broken door
There's nothing left here anymore

Daisuke sat in the water. His staff was sitting on the bank, and his eyes on the boy's mother, making sure she would be clean before she needed to sleep in his den. The last thing he wanted was to attract animals to his den because of the blood. He was not into having to fight a bear to protect the boy and woman, but he would if he had to. He had a staff, and he could shift into Secui if it got to the point where he'd need the heaviness, and the boost in strength. But either way, he would not be excited to fight a bear. He could loose and arm or a leg over that one, and he needed those limbs still. Daisuke shook the thought of having a bear come in and attack him in the dead of night. He was still stroking her, and listening behind him for the splashes of the water behind him, to verify that the boy had listened to him. But the small amount of peace was broken when his mother had woken up completely, and pulled away from Daisuke. Her fangs curled at him in a snarl. Daisuke pulled his audits back, and gave the female a submissive smile. His head lowered below her own, even though he was in his optime form. His eyes held a submissive look in them, friendly as well. Who are you? Where is my son? she asked, demanding where her son was. Daisuke's head lifted and turned to look behind him. He saw the boy, up the creek a bit, drinking out of the creek.

Daisuke took his staff that had been on the ridge next to him, and then he pointed with the skull to her boy. He also moved out of her way so she wouldn't have to move to try and see the boy. The boy is over there M'lady. He's in the more shallow part of the creek so he can drink without falling in and drowning, m'lady. he spoke, as politely as he could to the female, not wanting to make her angry again. As far as who I am... My name is Daisuke Ghanjai-Urahazu. I got Caillen's name, but not yours, would you like to tell me now, m'lady? he asked, his eyes looking into her emerald ones by now, though his facials still twisted into a friendly and submissive smile. His wet tail wagged gently in the water, making it swish back and forth before he looked to the den for a second. He wanted to make sure he saw no other walk into there and try and claim it, because any type of violence on the mind of this stressed boy would end up being a fight to the death.

speak

My room is cold, it's making me insane
I've been waitin' here so long.

[/html]
[html]

The young golden male, thankfully for the both of them, immediately became somewhat submissive. Though Alaine clearly had not an ounce of fight left in her body, had she thought him even the slightest of a threat, the rogue female would surely have attacked. As it were, her evergreen eyes were dangerously narrowed, every nerve screaming throughout her tensed body, alarm bells ringing in her head. But those ocean-blue eyes of his spoke kindly to her soul, and he moved back and away, clearly showing the young mother respect. She allowed her hackles to fall, but the fangs quivered still, uncertain. She had been the victim of too much evil to blindly trust in the goodness of others, like her son was so prone to.

" The boy is over there M'lady. He's in the more shallow part of the creek so he can drink without falling in and drowning, m'lady."

Her eyes followed his gesture, and as the optime male moved aside, she could see what her frightened gaze had not seen before - There, but a few yards from them, was the oblivious boy, his attention enraptured with ripples on the surface of the water he splashed tentatively at. Her snarl fully faded, now, all aggression melting away as her heart warmed to see the child, her child, the light of her very life.

" Yes... Yes, I see."

" As far as who I am... My name is Daisuke Ghanjai-Urahazu. I got Caillen's name, but not yours, would you like to tell me now, m'lady?"

She felt the fear, the constant need to run, swell within ribcage till her heart surely felt it would burst. It was there, in her eyes - That look of ingrained terror, the look of prey that had been hunted too long. Like a doe in the headlights she paused, watching him watching her, wary, untrusting. What had once been a beautiful specimen was now emaciated, her ribs protruding, her glossy fur dull and matted. But those intelligent emerald eyes were still brilliant, alive. Intelligent. The breath whooshed out of her maw in a sudden sigh, and she tore her gaze away from the stranger, back to the little boy whom played so innocently.

She changed with ease, the transformation sending rippled along her spine, legs elongating, paws shifting into elegant hands, still tipped by dark claws. And before Daisuke, what had once been an injured bitch was now an injured optime, slender and beautiful, yet marked still by her past.

" My name... Is Alaine. Alaine Winters."

Her voice was soft, fragile, as if she had not used it in a long time. There was a faint accent, almost musical, that made her words pleasant to hear. Her palms spread through the water, cupping gingerly before lifting it to her maw to take a shallow drink. Once finished, she shifted, began cautiously to tend her own open wounds. Though exhausted, it was clear that she had no intention of allowing him to touch her again.

" I... I thank you, for helping us." Those entrancing emerald eyes lifted to him from beneath their thick lashes, one had lifted to brush a tendril of auburn hair from her gaze. She winced as one of the wounds ailed again, but did not whimper. Her eyes lowered, and refused to meet his again, as if she were shy, or simply conscious of how she must look, the questions he must want to ask.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Jacoby;

Daisuke let his audits fall back, submissively. He was in no mood to fight. He had been more worried about his guests rather than having to deal with violence. Violence lead to nothing but death. And Death..Death was far from the boy's mind, for sure. Yes... Yes, I see. she spoke, him moving out of the way seemed to make her calm down some, but her fangs were still in the moonlight, so his audits still were flat on his head, and his tail stopped moving. His head was still lowered, though his eyes were still able to look into hers. Then she changed, right infront of him, from feral lupus to human-like optime. She was still small compared to him. Daisuke could only assume that she too was like Snake, and a coyote, or she was just one of those small wolves. Though there was something about her scent that was way different from the scent he had found on Snake, and his own wolven scent. He had never smelt anything like it, and it was rather interesting. My name... Is Alaine. Alaine Winters. she then spoke, and he nodded his head. He would remember the name. Alaine. It was a beautiful name. Both of them had beautiful names. Caillen, and Alaine. He let his audits flip back up as her snarl disappeared. His head rose slightly, but not enough to where hers was lower than his own. Your name is beautiful, Lady Alaine. As is your son's. he complimented, his tail wagging lightly in the water again, as both of his hands found their way to his staff that he had pushed into the mud beside him. The feathers dangled down, and he flicked them lightly to make them spin.

She began to drink, and once she had done that, she had started to tend to her own wounds. Did she need help? He looked to her hands, tracing the wounds that she had been affected by. She matched his gaze again, with her emerald green ones. They were like Ryn's eyes. That beautiful emerald that never ceased to amaze him. He noticed her facials twist as if she was in pain. Her wounds no doubt, but her maw did not make a sound. Well, other than the words that followed her wince. I... I thank you, for helping us. he spoke, and he smiled lightly, letting his tail wag slightly quicker than before. It's my pleasure, Lady Alaine! You were in need of help, and I simply couldn't let you sit there and die! Oh no, no, no, no! That wouldn't have done well at all... Not at all! he spoke rather excitedly to her all of a sudden, almost feeling like the hostility had passed from over the two, even though she seemed to still not trust him.

Listen, m'lady. I have some rabbits in my den, and I offer my den to be yours and your sons for as long as you need for your wounds to heal. I'd rather be able to keep an eye on them so no infections pop up or anything, okay? he asked, his head nodding lightly as he spoke to her. I'm sure you two are hungry, and I hunt rabbits and fish very well, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to get ya'll two some food in the morning for breakfast, and in the afternoon for lunch, and then for dinner too.. he spoke, offering his entire day for helping her and her son.

speak

[/html]
[html]

Though his smile was genuine, the show of tooth had her eyes narrowing again, though immediately after she felt but a wave of guilt. So quick to condemn! This boy has done nothing but help me and mine. Her own maw remained in a line, though, unwilling to show the emotion she could but fake.

" It's my pleasure, Lady Alaine! You were in need of help, and I simply couldn't let you sit there and die! Oh no, no, no, no! That wouldn't have done well at all... Not at all!"

He was babbling, and for the first time, Alaine actually saw the young man, across from her. Why, he would only have been but a year, maybe two, older than her own Caillen! So young to be along... The irony almost had her laughing, for she, too, was very young to be alone. Yet still older than this boy, this golden-pelted, smiling fellow, whom had, quite simply, saved her life. She'd no doubt that perhaps she might not have died, had he not found them. But she would not have lived for much longer without aid, of that, the young woman was certain.

" Listen, m'lady. I have some rabbits in my den, and I offer my den to be yours and your sons for as long as you need for your wounds to heal. I'd rather be able to keep an eye on them so no infections pop up or anything, okay?"

His words were a stream over her head, and flattened ears flicked forward just to try and make sense of them over the pounding in her skull. All signs of aggression seemed to have faded from the she-wolf, replaced by pure bemusement, wariness, at the way this youth seemed to speak straight from the heart, his words stringing together clearly without having been thought through. Her own crown tilted curiously, one hand lifted again to brush stray auburn curls from her face.

" I'm sure you two are hungry, and I hunt rabbits and fish very well, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to get ya'll two some food in the morning for breakfast, and in the afternoon for lunch, and then for dinner too..."

Her emerald eyes were sharp, now, and the ghost of what had once been a very haughty, very proud young lady seemed to wisp through the shadows there. Her spine stiffened, her maw tilted high to regain her higher status than he, wariness back thicker than it had been before. What sort of being offered up a whole day, a day in which so many things could be accomplished, to feeding a strange bitch and her whelp? Alaine did not believe in the kindness of others. It was a fate she had been forced into, many moons ago, and the suspicion was strife in the way she held her lean, famished body. but, Caillen took it onto himself to arrive at that very moment, the pup's overflowing joy at seeing his mother up and blinking contagious enough that she momentarily forgot why she had been so alarmed.

" Mama! Oh, mama, you w-w-woke up! This is Mister Dai... Mister Dais-s-suke. But he's not a stranger, Mama, don't worry; He's a real friendly sort, aren't you, sir?"

With his large paws skittering about the earth, whole body wiggling with the effort of shaking his tail, Caillen rounded on the golden youth whom seemed so much older, and yet not so, than himself. Shaking droplets of water from his pelt, Caillen smiled excitedly, and was about to say more when a wide yawn broke his exclamation. Alaine's eyes darkened as she watched her child approach the other male, ears flattening back down to her skull, and though she did not bare her teeth, the inclination to do so was clearly there.

" Caillen, enough. Settle down - We shall be leaving at first light."

Her words were hollow, and emerald eyes would not meet the ocean blue of Daisuke. She had made up her mind. The mother was frightened, always frightened, and her first instinct was to remove her son from everything. And so, she would run. Continue running, until she found safety. It was clear the woman was ill, not just in body, but also in mind - Paranoia that seemed to swim through her very veins. Caillen's maw gaped in horror, and his protests came at once.

" But, Mama! He has r-r-rabbit, Mama! Pleeeaaaaase, Mr Daisuke doesn't mind, can't we stay just a l-l-little while? Mama, I'm hungry, and he has rabbit, Mama..."

Her maw was twisted, her eyes filled with sorrow at the knowing she could not hunt enough to fill up her own son. The knowledge that she could no longer take care of him. All of a sudden, Alaine seemed a mere broken thing, useless to her offspring. She felt dull, and tired; Tired of life. Tired of everything. Eyes shut momentarily, and she took a deep breath, grimaced as air rushed through bruised wind-pipe, felt the rusty taste of blood that still lingered behind her teeth. And succumbed.

" Alright, Caillen. If it's what you want, and if Mr Daisuke doesn't mind, we can stay... For just a little while."

[/html]
[html]

Her mood was lightened a bit. But as he went on and on about the food, she seemed to become rather prideful, and again, he could feel the air around the two tense back up. With the air as thick with emotion as it was, it forced Daisuke to pull his audits flat against his head once again, submissively. That was until the little boy had run back up to them. And by god was he glad that the little boy had done so. Without him, there could have been a vicious mother trying to rip his throat out even though he had practically saved her and her son's lives. Even though he had offered his time to cater to the wounds of the feo, and the hunger of the boy. He didn't understand her caution when Daisuke was younger than her, and he wanted to help. He showed no sign of trouble making, or deceit, or even any other malicious thought that could have been going through his head if he wasn't really going to help the two make it out on their own out here. Mama! Oh, mama, you w-w-woke up! This is Mister Dai... Mister Dais-s-suke. But he's not a stranger, Mama, don't worry; He's a real friendly sort, aren't you, sir? the boy spoke to his mother, and Daisuke turned his head to the boy. The two different shades of azure looking to one another. Yes. Violence leads to nothing but pain and ultimately death. I do not wish to cause others harm unless they harm me physically first. he explained, nodding his head lightly to both the mother and the son.

Caillen, enough. Settle down - We shall be leaving at first light. without even considering his words. He looked at her with sorrow-filled eyes as she had spoken the words that seemed to break his smile from his face. A frown replaced it, and his audits fell instead of submission, they fell with sorrow. He would protest if he was not scared that she would resort to violence. Daisuke didn't want to fight. He didn't like to fight like his father, like his brother, like his sister.. He was not so much into it. He didn't look for fights, he only looked for peace, harmony. He wanted for everyone to get along, not to fight. But, Mama! He has r-r-rabbit, Mama! Pleeeaaaaase, Mr Daisuke doesn't mind, can't we stay just a l-l-little while? Mama, I'm hungry, and he has rabbit, Mama... the boy protested quite well, and Daisuke didn't think he could add anything that would change her mind, and so he remained silent. He did not remain still though, he looked at his staff, and stroked the part where he liked to hold it at. He let the two converse while he was just sitting there in the water, stroking his staff, thinking about all the times it had helped him with carrying things, and pole vaulting over things, and how many times he had to hike with it and so on. The adventures it went through were many by now because he did not live the life of a lazy pack wolf. Instead, he lived like he was used to living. He lived like a feral loner. He had grown up in a feral pack, and then for a short time he lived as loners with himself and his sister. They both hunted on different levels, and they both hunted only for themselves. They shared the same den, but they both ate at different times, and on different days so they would just take care of themselves then have to really worry about each other.

The feo closed her eyes, and that was when Daisuke had popped out of his world, and back into the real one. He spaced out from time to time, since he had been having trouble concentrating on things for an extended amount of time. Alright, Caillen. If it's what you want, and if Mr Daisuke doesn't mind, we can stay... For just a little while. his audits shot up, and a surge of excitement ran through his body at the sound of her words. They would stay! They really would! His smile returned to his handsome face as he let a small giggle escape from his maw. You and Caillen can stay as long as you like! I don't mind it. Not at all. My den is your den, yes. he spoke, his voice rushed, and full of energy, excitement. He then stood himself up, only half of his body really being wet. He then lifted himself over the ridge of the shore, and then looked back down to the feo. Are you ready to move to the den yet? Or do you want to stay for a few more minutes? I could always take little Caillen back to the den, and give him food and then come back and help you..Or I can leave you my staff and you can walk back when you're ready... I'm sure the staff will hold your weight, I mean I've jumped over things without it having a problem with my weight.. he explained, as he looked to his staff that he held next to him.

speak

[/html]
[html]

Even though emerald eyes were lowered, she sensed her son swell with joy, his youth untainted by the horrors that plagued her every motion, her every instinct. And it gave the young mother slightest respite to know, at least, she was giving the child a rest. Her bones were weary, and ached with the movement of arms which had lifted to rest lightly against a nearby stone.

" You and Caillen can stay as long as you like! I don't mind it. Not at all. My den is your den, yes. "

The golden-pelted youth was overflowing with rapture at the prospect of his hospitality being accepted. She had been rude in declining it to begin with - A younger Alaine might have been ashamed, as she'd been brought up to the finest standards of mannerisms and politeness. But this Alaine was merely weary with arguing, and wished no more than to curl up upon herself and lay still till her wounds had sealed. Beside her, the distance that beautiful lady had placed between still held as if a line had been drawn there, the young male rose. Measuring him with her gaze, she said nothing as Daisuke babbled excitedly onwards.

" Are you ready to move to the den yet? Or do you want to stay for a few more minutes? I could always take little Caillen back to the den, and give him food and then come back and help you..Or I can leave you my staff and you can walk back when you're ready... I'm sure the staff will hold your weight, I mean I've jumped over things without it having a problem with my weight..."

Her gaze followed his to the staff, ignoring Caillen who had also risen sleepily to his paws, and stood obediently, waiting for his mother and his new friend to show him the food that waited. Alaine felt small, looking up at the younger male, who unintentionally towered over her famished, slouched figure. He was tall, she noted as an afterthought. Could probably fight well. If anything came for them during the night, she felt better for knowledge that Caillen would have an extra protector - Be that, if Daisuke was as honorable as he thusly seemed. With a soft sigh, she concentrated all effort and energy into rising. The frail beauty, her brilliant emerald eyes now dark smudges of pain, nodded with a tight-lipped grimace towards the staff.

" Pass it here, kid. I shall walk."

Though her words seemed blunt, there was a softer note to them now. She no longer addressed him as Sir, for he had shown her submission, and the title of 'kid' seemed more befitting if she were to trust the youth. It made him seem less of a danger. Slender fingers, once known for their ability to pluck away at the strange relics of instruments humans had left behind so long ago, shook feebly as they reached for the deer skull. She dared not to take a step forward until her reaching hand had wrapped about the thick stick, worn smooth into grooves by the hand of the young brute. Like an old woman, she took a few ginger steps forward, but having reached land, straightened her back proudly, kept her gaze ahead so that Daisuke and her son might not see the tears of pain that prickled in emerald depths.

" Alright, Mama?"

The boy questioned with a toothy smile, but before she could answer, he was racing ahead to the gaping mouth of the cave. Sparing a fleeting glance after her son, Alaine shook her head slightly, was once more overwhelmed by the power of her love for the boy. As they approached the den in his wake, Alaine allowed her features to soften into a genuine smile, and should one have been looking closely, they might have seen the raw beauty that lingered beneath her haggard exterior.

" I am sorry, kid. He does not mean to be rude... We just haven't eaten, well, for a while."

[/html]
[html]

Pass it here, kid. I shall walk. she had spoken to him, and he obeyed, handing over his beloved staff to her. He would try and find her another one as soon as he could. Just so he would not have to physically give her his staff that he made with Snake. The stick seemed like it was nothing but a hermit's tool, but in all reality, it was one of those things that he held close to his heart. It was because it would remind him of the adventures he had with Snake. And Snake had been special because he had spared his life, as well as the fact that the boy held the necklace that Daisuke had made. That's why the boy was special, and that's why his staff was special. If it broke, then he probably would be sad, but he'd also go out and find himself another one and just move the skull over and such. But none the less, he passed her the staff and nodded his head to her. Once her hand had firmly gripped it, he totally let go of it. He watched as she walked painfully up out of the water, and starting towards the den that was only about 20 or so feet away from the spot they were at. Alright, Mama? Caillen spoke to her, and Daisuke looked from the child to the mother to see if she would verify the boy's concerns. That was, until the boy had run away and towards the den in a hurried bolt. She didn't even have the time to answer the boy. He was exactly the same way, but about 10 feet, he would look back and tell the person they had never answered him.

I am sorry, kid. He does not mean to be rude... We just haven't eaten, well, for a while. she spoke to him. Daisuke dismissed the comment with a raise of his hand. He and I are alike. I used to do the same. Before I had to take responsibility for myself. he spoke, only realizing that he was only slightly growing up on himself. He didn't let the thought take over now, but it was most likely going to bother him once he made sure these two fell asleep. He probably wouldn't get much sleep. It didn't matter, he'd done all nighters before. He wasn't so sure about it being all night just keeping guard and protecting the two. He might just fall asleep because of boredom, but then again, he did have a lot to think about. The thought was stored in a bucket and put upside down for later. He'd lift the bucket probably unexpectedly, most likely forgetting that's what he put under there, and so, when he went in to clean up, he'd see an upside down bucket in the middle of the halls of his mind.

Once they had made it to the den, Daisuke quickly walked in, and went towards the back of the cave, keeping his eyes and ears on watch for any animals that might have snuck into here even when there was a clear indication of it being taken. He let out a warning growl before he quickly surveyed the area. The warning growl was not directed to the mother and son, no, not at all. It was for unwelcome visitors such as weasels and raccoons. Daisuke then took down the rabbits that he had hung from the highest point he could reach. There were four of them in all, because he had been trying to save them for the next day for just himself, but this was a better cause. He smiled lightly to the two, and walked back up to them. Welcome to my temporary den. I have different ones all over the place, so it's been a week or two since I've been able to actually clean up here. he admitted, kind of shamefully, but not over-dramatic about it. I just favor my sand burrows a little bit better than the caves. So I spend more of my time on the beaches around here. he spoke, feeling like he needed to justify why he wasn't at this den more than the sand burrows that he had dug up all the time. He then found his way to a slanted boulder that seemed to fit Daisuke almost perfectly when he sat down. He held the rabbit in his hand and looked to Caillen. Come grab one buddy. M'lady. he spoke, inviting them into the cave.

speak

[/html]
[html]

The cave opened before her, a gaping maw with scraggly rock teeth. She was not afraid, merely curious, as to why the golden boy would live alone out here, especially when his den could easily hold two, or three, or even four.

" He and I are alike. I used to do the same. Before I had to take responsibility for myself."

Emerald eyes flitted to him at the swell of Daisuke's voice, but the youth seemed distracted, momentarily withdrawn into himself. She allowed him the room for thought and said nothing, concentrating instead on moving one paw infront of the other, till they were in the entrance. Daisuke went in ahead, and the mother paused at the opening. Caillen, sensing her ill ease, drifted to sit at her feet. The rumbling of his stomach was echoed by the golden youth's warning growl,and though she knew it was not for her or her son, Alaine's nape prickled. It made her realize that no matter how young, how kind, he was - He could still make that sound, and could probably follow up with what it implied.

" Welcome to my temporary den. I have different ones all over the place, so it's been a week or two since I've been able to actually clean up here. I just favor my sand burrows a little bit better than the caves. So I spend more of my time on the beaches around here."

Sand burrows? Her brows lifted curiously, a humorous picture of golden-pelt trying to make a den out on the shore. Sand was a whimsical thing, she knew; No form, no steadiness to it. Always shifting and changing its pattern. She supposed, mildly, that that was perhaps the reason some wolves favored the stuff. Leaning against the cool stone walls, the optime feo let her fingers play over the deer's skull, twist about the odd collection of feathers tethered to it's base. Though her emerald eyes did not leave the other male, she could picture the softness of them in her head. What a strange one this Daisuke was!

" Come grab one buddy. M'lady."

He had moved to a boulder at the back of the cave, and sat, strange lumps of fur swinging from his hand. With an excited wiggle, Caillen scurried forward; Alaine was more sombre in her procession, the heel of the staff thudding softly on the packed earth of the den as she limped forward. At a closer inspection, it could be seen that the youth held rabbits in his paw; Four of them. In spite of herself, Alaine's famished stomach rumbled weakly, her own appetite stretched such that she now felt repulsed by the sight of food. Caillen, though, was enraptured with the prospect of a full belly - Taking one of the limp bodies from the golden boy, her son flopped down on the floor, ravaged it with his tiny needle teeth till he could get at the soft, stringy meat underneath.

" Caillen, manners!"

" T-t-thank you, Daisuke!"

With a soft smile, she lowered to sit stiffly on the floor. Taking the rabbit that Daisuke offered, Alaine held it tenderly in her hands for a moment, her emerald eyes lingering upon the golden boy. For the briefest of moments, there was a stirring of emotion within her; A rush of pride, that he had been able to catch so many rabbits, that he had the heart to offer them to complete strangers simply because they were in need. He reminded her so much of her own Caillen, only grown up a little bit.

" Thank you, Daisuke.

She ate in relative silence after that, picking neatly away until the bones glistened clean ivory in places. With her stomach round from the meal, and her body filled up with the warmth of fresh meat, Alaine felt the weariness steal over her again. Emerald eyes lifted to Caillen; Her son was spread over his pile of bones, fast asleep. A soft, loving smile curved about her maw, auburn curls dancing slightly in a breeze that drifted from the night outside. Flora-green eyes turned to the golden youth, now. She supposed he would need sleep, too... But, no matter how exhausted she felt, Alaine knew she would find it hard, if not difficult, to doze off. Simply, because the last time she had, they had been ambushed. Pushing away the rush of unpleasant memories that threatened to drown her mind for a moment, Alaine cleared her throat.

" Kid, might I ask you a question?" She paused, watching his face carefully for a moment, before continuing, " Where is your family? Why are you out here, all alone?"

[/html]
[html]

The little boy was quick to take the food from Daisuke and start to gobble it up. His mother was right after him, taking the food gingerly from his hand, and as she did, Daisuke laid the other two on the floor beside him. He was not hungry at the moment, and would more than likely eat later. His eyes looked outside of the cave mouth, azure orbs looking to the stars that he could see in a distance. He silently sat there, his hands pulled back behind his head, and his body stretched out on the rock slab he was on. His eyes passed the two, not wanting to seem rude for staring or anything, so he didn't bother to look at them, but over them and into infinity. The midnight breeze found it's way into the den, and caressed the male's fur like a mother would her baby boy. His mother was in the wind, for she was a phoenix, and his father, he was in the ocean, because he was a golden water dragon. He believed that his mother and father were always with him, in his heart, and in the nature around him. Would he ever become civilized like the wolves that he had seen in Cour? He never knew. He didn't want to be like them. Though he could conform to some things, he'd more likely be found in a den just like this, or a burrow on the beach. Caillen, manners!"

" T-t-thank you, Daisuke!
The words came by his audits fast and he nodded his head in a response. Anytime. the word was the only one to fly by his maw. He smiled lightly, and then turned his head back to the ceiling. His eyes closed and he listened to the music that drowned out the sound of the gobbling animals next to him. His mind made random beats, random music that he could imagine on a dime, and he even could disappear into this world if he was stuck in the beat for too long. Thank you, Daisuke. he didn't hear it to consciously even respond to it like he had with Caillen. His eyes were still closed, and maw pointed to the ceiling. A few minutes passed again, with only the sounds of the two eating filling the cavern, and then snoring. Daisuke's audits flicked, and like that, he was out of his music world, and his eyes opened to look at the feomora whom was looking at him. He flinched back for a second, not really expecting her to be looking at him. Kid, might I ask you a question? she started, a pause and then continued. Where is your family? Why are you out here, all alone? His eyes narrowed on her. One of his audits fell back, as the other kept itself pulled in her direction. Not very many would ask about his family. He was more of the one whom would speak about them. He loved them all dearly, but there was corruption in the Urahazu clan, and that's what was more concerning to him.

My mother was murdered by my brother. My father was assassinated in the same day, by my brother? I doubt it. My sister Pachi is somewhere north of here. My brother is missing, as is my two other sisters, Ryn and Kaetel. he explained as bluntly as he possibly could. He was rather unhappy with talking about about his family as far as that went, but he couldn't sugar-coat everything in his life, ya' know? He let a small sigh pass his lips. That' is why I don't want violence. Because my family was broken by it. None of us were ever the same after mother and father were assassinated. he spoke his eyes looking to his stomach. His eyes were narrowed, and also glazed over with sorrow.

speak

[/html]
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// New table :3

His ocean-blue eyes narrowed at her, and in return, Alaine shifted, forced her body to relax. He wasn't being hostile; Just wary. Or perhaps the memories her questions brought forth were not pleasant to the golden youth. Setting down her finished meal, the young mother began to fastidiously lick her fingers clean, watching him still with her entrancing flora-green eyes.

" My mother was murdered by my brother. My father was assassinated in the same day, by my brother? I doubt it. My sister Pachi is somewhere north of here. My brother is missing, as is my two other sisters, Ryn and Kaetel."

Her body had frozen within the first sentence, eyes widening in first horror and then sympathy. His family, murdered, by his own brother? And yet there was no bitterness in Daisuke's gaze, no anger, simply sorrow. Her hands had dropped back to her lap, and folded there now, two little creamy doves nestled nervously together.

" That' is why I don't want violence. Because my family was broken by it. None of us were ever the same after mother and father were assassinated.

Her stomach clenched tightly with guilt at his words. Of course he didn't want violence. She couldn't help her nature, her suspicion, any more than he could help his pacifistic temper; But she could stop blaming him, at least, cut the kid some slack. Before she had fully realized what she was doing, Alaine was kneeling before him, one palm risen to rest gentle on the side of his head. Her emerald eyes were soft with sorrow for him, and the mother in her wept for this child who reminded her so much of her own son. It was why she kept everything from Caillen, told him so little about what had happened - She wished never to see the look that was now on Daisuke's face, upon that of her little boy.

" I'm sorry."

Her voice was soft and soothing, a motherly coo, though she was but a young lady herself. Too young to be a mother, yet old beyond her years. Alaine held her hand there a moment longer, before shifting back to her cross-legged sitting position on the floor. He had opened up what must have been an old wound to answer her question, and now, she supposed, it was her turn. Though he had not asked, the collie-husky cross felt that Daisuke atleast deserved to know the plight of the two he had saved.

She cleared her throat, a nervous sound, and locked the lid on her emotions.

" I, too, had a family once." Her smile was fleeting, almost robotic, " Before I met Caillen's father. I was young, and foolish, and... Thought myself to be in love. He told me that he would take care of me, far better than my family. That he could give me anything I ever wanted."

Her voice broke slightly, and she cleared it again, before continuing.

" So I ran away with him, and deserted my family. I was selfish... Still am. Caillen's father tuned out not to be the knight in shining armor I first though. He did... Terrible things, to young girls. I was just one of many victims." But here, her gaze drew sharp, lifted hollowly to Daisuke, " But that doesn't matter, because I was the one who got away. I gave birth months later, to my boy, and had almost forgiven the world for the cruelty that had been done to me. But he didn't like that I had escaped... He followed me, all those months. And when I was weak, he attacked. He wanted a son - He wanted my son. I fought him off, but, well... Thing went downhill from there. And I've been running ever since."

Though her eyes were looking at Daisuke, it was clear that they were seeing another place, a different time. Things far beyond him. But after a moment, they focused again, and dropped to her hands which had clenched unknowingly into fists.

" Is it selfish of me to want to keep him safe, out of harm? Is it... Is it wrong of me to want to hide him from the world?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Jacoby; tis pretty <3

His eyes looked to his knees, and his hand pulled from behind his head to where it was draped over his bare stomach. That was when the wounded feo had knelt herself infront of him. His eyes looked to her, the deep azure of the ocean meeting the emerald of the flora and fauna. Eyes connecting with the same sorrow. One was for himself, for his family, and the other was for what he had gone through. The feelings of every night alone with only his sister alongside him. Kaetel, Ryn, Carlisle. They all disappeared, and Pachi was the only one left that stayed with him, and even after he was a year old, she had left him for his own adventures. Daisuke flinched at the gentle touch of her hand. It wasn't that he didn't liked to be touched, it was just that he had not been expecting her to touch him after she had made it clear that she did not want to be touched by him earlier. I'm sorry. she apologized. Was she saying sorry to him because she was aggressive with him before, or because she was sorry that Carlisle had done that to the family? He didn't know, so he dismissed it. She then went on to remove herself from infront of him, and she sat back down.

I, too, had a family once. Before I met Caillen's father. I was young, and foolish, and... Thought myself to be in love. He told me that he would take care of me, far better than my family. That he could give me anything I ever wanted. at the end, her voice cracked, but she fixed herself with a rough clear of her throat. She then continued. He was silent, listening to her story. So I ran away with him, and deserted my family. I was selfish... Still am. Caillen's father tuned out not to be the knight in shining armor I first though. He did... Terrible things, to young girls. I was just one of many victims. But that doesn't matter, because I was the one who got away. I gave birth months later, to my boy, and had almost forgiven the world for the cruelty that had been done to me. But he didn't like that I had escaped... He followed me, all those months. And when I was weak, he attacked. He wanted a son - He wanted my son. I fought him off, but, well... Thing went downhill from there. And I've been running ever since. she spoke to him, her eyes lifting back to his own. Daisuke looked back down at her, his eyes showing a sorrow that was not meant for him, but for her. She had been broken in the heart, not in the mind. Daisuke hadn't been broken in that way, not yet at least. Is it selfish of me to want to keep him safe, out of harm? Is it... Is it wrong of me to want to hide him from the world? she then asked, her eyes dropping down to her hands, which had been fists by now. Your story is sad. But you can't always keep him in the dark. He's going to grow before your eyes, and he's going to become more curious, more intelligent and he's going to form his own opinions on what happens from here on out.. he spoke to her, his comprehension of what happened to him being what influenced his answer to her. Since he had only four months of knowing his father and mother, he had to change in that period of time, adjusting to his sisters and brother being gone, and his older sister becoming more like a mother to him than anything. There even were things that he had not even known about until he had found his way here (thanks to Snake, Svara, and Heath) and the world around him had been changing, but he...He tried not to since the last time he had to change. Change was not a happy thing for the boy, because it made him have to take things and actually consider that they are worth change.

His eyes looked to hers. To consider yourself selfish is something that I would not. You are only concerned for his well fair, but sometimes...You just can't control what happens. I guess we all learn that at some point in our life. he spoke, as he then leaned over and grabbed his staff from off the floor. He immediately put his fingers to the skull, and then the feathers. Change never comes easy though.. he spoke, his eyes locked on the eye sockets of the deer skull. M'lady. You need some rest. I'll watch over your son and the cave while you slumber. I'll protect you and Caillen. he spoke, the midnight breeze reminding him that it was late, and that the two guests had been running for a very long time.

speak

[/html]
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// Hmmm... How did you want this thread to end, or proceed? :0

She felt hollow, like the words that had poured out had somehow taken a chunk of her with them. But the weight upon her shoulders was e'er so slightly lessoned, and the look of sorrow reflected in Daisuke's gaze let her know she was not truly alone. There were many types of hardship in the world, Alaine knew; She and the golden boy were but two examples.

" Your story is sad. But you can't always keep him in the dark. He's going to grow before your eyes, and he's going to become more curious, more intelligent and he's going to form his own opinions on what happens from here on out..."

Her fisted hands flattened out, palms running up and down the smooth fur of her legs, anything to keep them busy. He spoke the truth, but it was not a truth she wanted to hear. No mother ever wanted to know that at some stage, they would have to let their baby go. Her emerald eyes drifted over to Caillen, still snoring sweetly in his corner, tummy bulging with the feast he'd devoured.

" To consider yourself selfish is something that I would not. You are only concerned for his well fair, but sometimes...You just can't control what happens. I guess we all learn that at some point in our life. Change never comes easy though..."

She felt his ocean eyes upon her, but did not return their gaze, was afraid of the simple knowledge she might find there. For all his youth, that sun-pelted boy seemed a far wiser creature than her. The staff, leaning on a rock beside her, was taken up in his hands and toyed with, as if the endless gaping holes of the deer skull's eyes were soothing to Daisuke. Humbled by his words, her large ears dropped to each side, unruly auburn curls bobbing merrily to frame her face as it lowered.

" M'lady. You need some rest. I'll watch over your son and the cave while you slumber. I'll protect you and Caillen."

She nodded slowly, as if in a daze, " Yes. Yes, I am tired... Very tired," The she-wolf rose unsteadily, her legs still tender, and limped to where Caillen slept before scooping him up into her arms. The whelp hiccuped, but did not stir from his slumber. At the back of the den she lay down and curled about the pup. Glittering emerald eyes could still be seen in the darkness, and were pinned upon Daisuke's silhouette. There was a long stretch of silence, and just when it seemed that she must be asleep, Alaine's soft voice poured forth.

" Promise me something, Daisuke of the ocean. My son will come back here one day, when I cannot guide him any longer. Promise me that you will teach him your wisdom, help him, should he find you again." It was a strange request, but her voice was deadly serious, those emerald eyes glazed with weariness still watching for the young man.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Jacoby; we could either end it here, or do a time skip to the morning, and then from there we can have Daisuke depart for some breakfast.

It seemed more like she was listening than anything. Daisuke did not find himself wise, nor did he find himself smart. Though there were times when others would swear that there was a brain behind those beautiful oceanic orbs. There were times that others would think that he was nothing but a little retard that couldn't hold his energy in his body long enough to sit still. It depended on what day you caught the male on. He had grown up some, very much so in some cases since he had been under the stress of fending for himself for a long time, and since he was alone most of the times, his mind seemed to work itself out at every moment of the day, his mind becoming more and more mature without his attitude changing very much. If anything, the moments of pure genius were the best. They showed the world that Daisuke Urahazu was not born without a brain, and that he is as smart as Pachi, Carlisle, or even his mother and father.

He looked to the mother of the boy that had been sleeping in the corner. She seemed to be mulling over his words. Thinking about them, and realizing that he was right. The young did grow fast, and that boy was no different. The golden boy looked at both of them, and noticed when the feo's audits dropped to each side of her head. He didn't mean to make her sad. He just was saying what was supposed to be said. If she had not been told by him, then whom else would she trust enough to share with him, her past and her feelings? She had only trusted him because he had saved her, and when would she put herself back into that type of danger? He bet well after her son was old enough to leave her side. Yes. Yes, I am tired... Very tired. she spoke to him. He knew she was. He would be tired if he had to deal with the same wounds she did. In fact, he remembered when he was turned into a Luperci. They had almost killed him, but luckily something scared them off and he was able to escape with his life, but just barely. He looked back to her, the woman whom had scooped up her son, and took him and herself to the back of the cave. There was a silence that made him think that she had gone to sleep, and he was starting to get comfortable in his perch and he looked towards the outside of the cave. It was the only entrance, so that's where his attention needed to be at.

Promise me something, Daisuke of the ocean. My son will come back here one day, when I cannot guide him any longer. Promise me that you will teach him your wisdom, help him, should he find you again. her voice rang out to him, and it made him turn towards her. He took in the words of the feo. She wanted him to guide her son? When she could not? His oceanic orbs looked to her. Was she expecting to die soon or something? Aye, m'lady. I shall. he promised her, his head nodded at her before he turned back to the entrance. Sleep well, m'lady. he offered one last good night for the night.

speak

[/html]