one date with the devil
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... letopp.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 384px; border: 1px #371C45 solid; font-size: 10px; padding-top: 150px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #371C45; text-align: justify">
ooc -
<3. 318 words

ic -
Sofi had spent quite a lazy few weeks. She felt somewhat guilty about it, because her legs still worked but she wasn't putting them to as much use as before.. But it was so damned nice to wake up in the morning and doze in the warm sun, and not have anything more pressing than an afternoon meal to deal with. Her time here had been practically idyllic. Easy hunting, tons of sleep.. Illness or not, if you didn't look too hard at the shadows 'round her eyes, Sofia looked positively sleek. The best health she'd been in the past year. The muscles she built from her months of wandering made hunting a precise, productive activity.

She hadn't actually technically met anyone from the pack yet, but she'd sort of been going out of her way not to. For some reason, she really didn't want the first impression of a clan-mate to be the scrawny creature she was when Kaena admitted her to the clan. It was silly, because she'd.. be dying, eventually, and then everyone would know. But for the moment, she wanted a different image. Maybe something in her just rebelled against the idea of living forever in the memory of these canines as that sick girl. There was more to her; she had been happy, truly happy once. Not this enforced cheerfulness, this rugged determination to damn-well enjoy life because otherwise she'd be wasting rapidly diminishing moments. And she was nearly happy now, too. Maybe it was wrong to try so hard to have a life rich with experience and adventure, if this simple routine and indulgence in food and sleep made her feel so content and pleasant.

She stretched out on a grassy patch of land, enjoying the tickling along her belly. The sun had just peeked it's face over the edge of a cloud, and was rapidly warming away the chill of the morning.

[/html]
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... st-158.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 0px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-position: center top;">

He’d been warned to lay low, abiding peacefully while laying on his back like a worthless dog. Gabriel had his rules, and Samael must obey Gabriel’s rules or else Kaena and Gabriel would be angry with him. His elder brother he could have cared less about, but his mother was a far more pressing matter. He didn’t wish to displease Kaena for no more significant reason other than he utterly adored her. Should he manage to obtain her unhappiness, he would be torn—committing to anything that might amend the situation at once without fail. He smelled the girl before he saw her. Like prey in the wind, delectable and alluring as any freshly slaughtered hare or robust, blood-spattered cervidae. Lips parting, he lightly bared his fangs and took the breeze across his tongue, tasting the air in a manner much like a scaled serpent. Slowly, stealthily he slunk through the grass toward the female—crimson eyes never deviating from the plain before him.

She was lying in the grass content as a warm, well-fed puppy in its dame’s protective glow. Inferni’s tag held sway over her coat, informing the creature she now belonged to the clan, and thus Gabriel. He snarled softly in his throat, assured now that unless he wished to invoke Kaena’s ultimate wrath, he’d better leave the girl unharmed and unscathed. She’s escaped him last time due to an annoyance, though during their previous encounter she’d remained alone and unclaimed. Now, it appeared, she held rank within the clan he also bowed his head to. “I assume it isn’t fate that we should meet again,” he remarked quietly, pausing at a respectable enough distance from the female. No, this time the gods were taunting him for failing to murder the girl the first time.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... letopp.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 384px; border: 1px #371C45 solid; font-size: 10px; padding-top: 150px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #371C45; text-align: justify">
ooc -
that font on your table is sexy~ 260 words

ic -
It took no time at all for her to recognize the voice. It wasn't one you easily forgot, especially not considering how many nights she had woken in a cold sweat thinking it was whispering in your ear. Her muscles tensed, but she didn't move. Healthy or not, she probably couldn't outrun him. And she wasn't about to let herself get cornered again. This was a fairly wide open space. If he came closer, she could get away. So instead she slowly turned, trying not to express how afraid she was, but most definitely giving it away with the slight quavers of her body as she lay there, considering him with cool green eyes.

"I dunno. It seems like the sort of thing fate would throw my way. She hasn't been too kind to me lately." Fate was certainly no friend to the cancer-stricken youth. What kind of hybrid her age walked around with a death sentence on their head? She felt bold, reckless almost. Sofia was safe. She had the friendship of one of the leaders, and even a coyote pack could hardly condone the murder or abuse of members by members. That would lead far too quickly to dwindling numbers and unstable loyalty. She smiled with an assurance she didn't feel, knowing she was playing a dangerous game at taunting this would-be murderer. But at the same time.. feeling more alive than she had in ages. Playing so casually with your life tended to do that, she supposed. "I don't believe I caught your name, last time we met..?"
[/html]
[html]
font for joo, if you want it. Big Grin

“Oh, don’t worry,” he said coolly as she turned toward him, sensing the faintest tremble that racked her form at his presence. He adored this fear, but he could not manipulate it so long as she resided in Inferni. “You’re one of Gabriel’s pets now—I can’t harm you.” He was sorely disappointed, but she’d have to live. For all he knew, she might even be worthy of that life she so weakly clung to. You could only register a beast’s true worth when death filled its eyes—whether the creature was truly a coward at heart, screaming and begging to live or went into the dark abyss with its head held high and pride on its shoulders.

He have been able to judge her, but the masked stranger had interrupted and Samael could now only assume. “I never introduced myself last time, but now it seems proper enough. Samael Lykoi, and you?” He smiled his dark smile, disappointed at his failure with the she-yote, but faintly intrigued now that she’d landed herself within the very clan that held his inadvertent loyalty. If she’d wanted to, she could have expressed her fear by cowering before him and begging to be left alone, but she didn’t. She played along with his little game as though death didn’t phase her, conversing as if he hadn't tried to kill her, and he was distinctly amused.

[/html]