Revelations
[html]

Smile Here we are! Can we backdate to the 29th or thereabouts?
Word Count: 347. Worth 2 points.

Hanna tilted her head back in a howl calling for Mew. It was a cry filled with anguish and fear and confusion. The medic now needed the white femme's help as her niece had needed hers around a month and a half before. Hanna winced; she had not thought about the pups when she called out. Would Mew be able to come to the borders with three month-old puppies? She was not sure; the care of the little babies after they were out of their mother's womb but not yet self-sufficient was most definitely not her area of expertise.

Hanna's feet paced back and forth at the border. She did not want to burden the new mother, but she desperately needed to see her, too. What to do? It was not as though Hanna did not know the way to the house, but... If Haku caught her, she might not need to see Mew quite so badly once he was through with her.

Flattening her ears to her skull and whining, Hanna took the first few hesitant steps across the scent lines. Her ears flicked up and she opened into a dead run toward Wolfville. She just hoped that Haku was patrolling elsewhere. Her hand went to her abdomen, concealing the reason for her mad dash and her feeling of urgency in seeing Mew. Beneath her palm was a bump. Oh, not your average mosquito bite or the like, but a bump that Hanna had not had before. The kind that typically appeared when someone was carrying a child.

A tear leaked from Hanna's eye, quickly getting swept away on the wind. As much as she did not want to believe it, the unthinkable had happened: Hanna was pregnant with Jacquez' kids. After one night! Unsure of who to tell, she had run to the one person she thought would not be critical. After a relatively short run, Hanna came to the house and stopped, chest heaving for breath. She rapped gently at the door and then stood back and waited, her ears laid against her head.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ighter.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Yeah sure, and sorry for the wait, hun Sad Word Count: 331

She awoke from a sound, yet it took her moments to realize what the sound had been. Anxious, she had instantly checked her children, but they were safe and fast asleep. She doubted they would be able to produce a sound loud enough to wake her anyway, and that both worried and calmed her. Now restless, she paced here and there for minutes until her clouded memory sharpened and she realized it had been a howl for her. Why her? She barely knew anyone, and no one came to visit. Now both curious and alarmed, for surely it must carry some significance to be so abrupt. And most knew she had children to tend to. Her glance shot to the three quiet balls of fur sleeping in a tumble and halfway on top of each other. Like their mother, they took naps in the middle of the day. She smiled, before exiting the room onto the balcony outside it. No scent was clearly defined, and she wondered, again, who it could be. Finally, she decided she could afford a little walk, even if no one was watching the children. They could not hurt themselves, and everyone knew Dahlia's wrath and persistance when it came to their small ones. She just had to make the necessary preparations first.

Finally, all she had to do before leaving was to shift, as hands were quite useful when it came to opening doors. However, before she start there came a rap at the door, and now Mew bounded swiftly down the stairs to it. The air was now filled with her aunt's scent, and the older femme was clearly distressed. Unable to open the door as she was in the wrong form, she simply called out through the wood. She stood close: the door opened outwards. "Hanna! Come in — what's the matter?" What could possibly be so grave that she defied the wrath of her brother-in-law? Everyone knew Haku could be savage in his... punishments.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Not as sorry as I am, hon.
Word count: 303. Worth 2 points

Fretful eyes skipped back and forth several times even though it took Mew no time at all to reach the front door. Was that his shadow there? No, it was a trick of the wind in the trees. A growl could have simply been a floorboard within creaking. All the same, every noise, every difference in the light, caused her to flinch and shy away. Finally the blessed sound of her niece's voice floated from inside the door, and at her bidding, Hanna wrenched the door open, sliding inside and past the four legged woman to stand shuddering against the wall.

Something had visibly shaken Hanna, and as she was standing, the something would be very apparent. The medic took several moments to calm herself, rubbing her face with her hands, then sliding down the wall to sit with her legs drawn up against her chest. After several more deep breaths, Hanna opened her mouth to speak. But an explanation was not forthcoming -- not yet. Instead, Hanna's lips formed a question of their own.

"Mew... how does one care for a baby? I have... I have never cared for a young litter; I've only ever spoken and helped out those who are beyond needing the help of their mother." Hanna's legs sank to the floor, her toes slightly pointed outward. Her bi-colored eyes roved across Mew's house, studying her sleeping young ones. They had grown so much in the month since she had delivered them, but was this normal? Did all puppies grow in size at the same rate of speed?

Finally Hanna spoke again, revealing with certainty what Mew had likely guessed for herself. "Mew... I'm pregnant." She dissolved into sobs once more. "After one night... with the leader of Cour des Miracles. And I don't know what I'm gonna do."

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ighter.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

This post is a bit crappy :/ Word Count: 461 - SoSuWriMo

Words did not reveal her aunt's purpose for coming here, but as Mew's eyes adjusted themselves to the darkness outside, she quickly spotted a certain change in the femme's physique. So.. the tables had turned, and now it was Hanna that sought Mew for advice, for comfort. Mew smiled. Despite the obviously pained look on her aunt's face, it was a change she welcomed. Still, she understood her anxiety, and quickly stepped out of the way so that the pregnant female could enter her home. She entered, and as she slid down the wall with a pained look on her face, Mew took steps closer and nudged her, trying to comfort her even when lacking hands to do so with. Her nose found a spot on Hanna's arm and she rubbed it, trying to imitate the comforting stroke of a hand. When questions rolled out of Hanna, Mew sat down, still close, but with some space between them. Her face was solemn, but inside she rejoiced; her aunt's children and her own could be playmates. She was happy for her aunt, even if her aunt was not happy for herself, for Mew knew well the great gifts that children brought with them. She would not speak of them now, however. This was not the time. "Auntie, don't worry. It isn't hard - they are not difficult in the beginning. All they crave is food, sleep and the warmth of their mother's body." Mew paused, and while she searched for something to say, Hanna spoke again, and now Mew realized the extent of her relative's bad luck. So, Hanna did not have a mate, then. Like herself, too. Now, Mewl leaned close and gave her aunt a proper hug, as proper as it could be without arms. The length of her neck met her aunt's form and Mew whispered to her with a low voice. "I'll tell you what you're going to do. You're going to stay the night here", she said, and then retreated from the hug before continuing. "— and then you're going to ask me everything you want and need, and I will help you as much as I can." It was the least she could do — Hanna had saved her life, twice in her opinion. It was only fair that she tried to repay her. "And you know, if he is the leader, an alpha, then surely he won't be as cowardly as Lubomir and run from it all. Irresponsible males do not reach such ranks, no?" Getting up, Mew turned halfway, trying to signal that they could move further into the house instead of hanging out by the door. Inside were warm, comfortable blankets, and better shelter from the piercing night wind than out there in the hallway.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby:
Word count: 361. Worth 2 points SSWM

Hanna was silent after Mew finished speaking, letting the young mother comfort her as she needed her niece to do. Her crying eventually subsided into gentle hiccups like a child's often does, and while a part of her saw extreme humor in that comparison, on the outside she was unable to giggle like she might have. When Mew pressed her neck and body close to Hanna's the woman hugged her earnestly in return, her fingers weaving themselves into the long ivory fur at Mew's shoulders to try to pull her even closer. She hoped she was not causing the woman pain, but the tactile comfort was so great that for several minutes she could not have conceived of letting go.

Finally Mew backed off, and Hanna's red rimmed eyes followed the path of the woman's intent. Yes, they would go upstairs. There Hanna could cry and rant and calm down, and watch her great-niece and -nephews interact with each other and their mother. Maybe, just maybe she would understand that just because she did not have a mate did not mean she could not enjoy the child, have fun with motherhood.

Once she was upstairs, sitting near Mew, Hanna spilled about that whole evening, explaining how she had come across Jacquez poking around Grandfather's Tears and about the discussion they had had. She tried her best to make it clear to Mew that this had been a random encounter and that he was such a seductive person, she could not help but be allured by his demeanor. Yet it had not been rape, either, for she had been fully conscious of her decision to sleep with him, even knowing that it might cause a pregnancy. But how many couplings got lucky, or unlucky, enough to actually get a litter on the first try?

It appeared to the woman that she had just happened to get this roll of the dice, this twist of fate that few asked for. Perhaps she really should just make the best of it, be pleased that she would be having a child or children to carry on her legacy, and roll with the punches from there?

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

This post is.. not so good. But I figured I'd just fade it out? R we done? :] Post again if you want, but I added no dialogue to go on! In essence though, Mew has asked her if she wants to stay a few days with her, just to talk and calm down. Word Count: 529 - SoSuWriMo

It seemed Mew's awkward efforts paid off, for as moments passed her aunt calmed a little. Her tears quieted and they sat downstairs for some time. Mew had always thought that her aunt's presence was a comforting one, and seeing as Colibri was never around she supposed it was the closest thing to a mother-child bond she would ever have. Knowing that the older femme was her family, her mother's sister, and also so much wiser than herself was a resource. She had drawn upon that resource many times, and the dark femme had done such great things for her lithe, ivory relative that it made her feel quite humbled. This dark female had been here for her when she lost her first children, and when she had gained her second children. She had cared for her life more than once, and for that Mew would be forever grateful. This was one opportunity to repay her for all her good actions, and Mew was glad even though she wasn't entirely sure how to grasp the situation. It was time for Mew to do something for Hanna, for once, and she — if she had been asked, though there was no need to enter the subject at this time — found no words for how much she appreciated that her aunt had chosen to come to her. Not to another friend, not to the father, but to her niece. They shared a bond of trust, and Mew knew better than to throw it away. She would nurture it 'till her death, for she loved her aunt, and Hanna deserved that much.

Eventually they found their way upstairs, and Mew sat close to the other femme — now shifted for the sake of convenience — and they spoke of everything and nothing. Hanna shared her feelings, her story of how this had come to be, and Mew shared her viewpoint on it. The white-pelted woman did not in essence approve of sleeping around, but there was a difference between a one-night fling and, say, Firefly's behavior. She would not judge Hanna for this, and she made certain she knew that. Mew was not one to judge anyway; she had concieved her first litter in much the same way as her aunt had, not with a mate but a virtual stranger. Though, Mew had aimed for pregnancy, and Hanna did not. Sometimes Mew would reach out and lay a comforting hand on her aunt's shoulder, sometimes she would simply offer words as consolidation. She spoke about her own thoughts when she knew that she had a litter around her stomach, how she had felt during the time she had carried them, and how she felt now. She hoped it would ease her aunt's mind to hear that she was not the only one who had been frightened, or alone, or that had had many questions. But if she wanted to, she could stay a day or two in Wolfville, and she couild practice on Mew's children. Mew hoped it would ease her mind, to end her worries. This was all she had to offer for the life she had been given twice by the older female.

[/html]