and i don't feel like i'm strong enough
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Set in the enclosure behind the stables.
Word count: 402. Worth 2 points

The sun was warm for autumn, shining down on Hanna's back. She felt it, and it should have been a reassuring presence, but still the woman was... Was what? Sad, depressed, concerned, afraid? Afraid, yes, that was it. Finally she had found a place that suited her, and she would find herself out on her ear now. Would Dawali let her take Galilahi, too, or would she have to leave the beautiful paint mare with the pack? So many questions ran through her head, and it all was overshadowed by one fact. Hanna was pregnant by the leader of Cour des Miracles.

She had been to see the collie king already. It had not gone as well as she had hoped; in her mind he would volunteer to help somehow, but then again, how could he? He was a leader. He could not just up and leave the pack to come and be her mate, but at the same time, she wanted that. Sort of. It was a thing she could not have, though, Jacquez as a mate and AniWaya.

A part of her was overjoyed to learn she was pregnant, to feel that bump growing on her midsection where the pup was. She was six, and though she had been trying for many years to find that one that she thought would care for her as a mate should. However, the medic had never found that One. She had sort of resigned herself to never procreating, as it was not in her personality to throw herself consciously at a man. Jacquez had proved a willing partner, and had intoxicated Hanna with his very presence. At the time, she had believed she would suffer no consequences.

The woman rested her forehead on the shoulder of the mare that she spent much of her time around between care and riding, and heaved a sigh. "Oh, Gali. What am I going to do? I couldn't possibly care for a young one outside a pack, not with winter setting in. And AniWaya is home to me. At the same time.. I can't keep a child - or children - a secret from the pack. And I'm positive that with the tribe's background, single mothers are... well, frowned upon." The brown and white horse nickered, shifting her weight to remind Hanna of the brush in her hand, which began to move methodically along Galilahi's side again.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

She had, perhaps, not been as social as she should have been in the last few weeks. After her illness had passed and she had gotten back up on her feet she'd gone outside of the packlands to look for something to do. Her normal routine had seemed boring, almost, after spending so much time cooped up in her den. Now that she was back on her feet and feeling good, she was ready to go around and see everyone again.

But where were they all? The dark leader had gone without her heavy cloak today, choosing to wear a modest dress instead. It was the one that she had gotten for one of their tribal celebrations, mostly red with a cream colored part in the front. She had her sword with her as well, and had a new addition to her belt...an axe. She was trying to become more knowledgeable, to learn more than one weapon, and the axe was a strong one indeed.

Her ears perked up a bit as she passed the stable, a gentle voice reaching her ears. She couldn't hear the words yet, as she wasn't quite in range, but her legs brought her nearer to the wolf and horse, following that sound. "Hullo!" She greeted cheerily, raising her hand in greeting as she approached the stall. "Nice day out, huh"

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: I fail, but here is a post. x.x'''
Word count: 333. Worth 2 points SSWM

Hanna was taken far more unawares than she should have been at Ember's few words. She started, though the mare did not, having seen the approach of the sub-leader from her stance facing the barn. The dark woman physically stammered for a moment, wondering fleetingly if she was showing enough for Ember to notice right off, if the woman would or could immediately banish her (though from the informal meetings they had had, Hanna did not believe she would do such a thing), and then, suddenly, deciding it did not matter, and that she would tell Ember, anyway, even if she did not notice and comment on her gravid nature from the start.

The medic turned and raised a hand in reply, gave Gali two or three more cursory strokes along the same side with the brush, then tossed the item underhand toward the fence, patting the painted side to dismiss the mare only to find her following closely to her as she moved to near the sub-leader. A genuine smile painted itself across her lips as she did, her right hand scratching Galilahi's cheek for a moment then dropping to her side. She stopped with about two feet or so separating the women, inclining her head in greeting as well, even if it was somewhat redundant.

She studied Ember, taking in the gorgeous dress, the sword, the axe, all the while forming words on her lips. "Yes, yes it is, and unfortunately possibly the last one we will have for awhile. Winter will be setting in all too quickly. Hi there, I don't think we have been formally introduced. I am Hanna." She lurched suddenly forward as a playful nudge came from the equine behind her, followed up with a whicker and a snort. She caught herself by pinwheeling her arms, and taking a step, then turned halfway to frown and lay her ears back at the painted mare. "Oof! And this insistent beast is Galilahi, she wants me to inform you."

Speak, think, act

[/html]