Is That Burning Hair?...
1. Character Name: Damascus
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 5, Nov, 2006
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: If your character is a canine, put their subspecies. Canis lupus verto
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). jajadadayaya (AIM)
7. How you found 'Souls: Referred by Silver/Xeris
8. Initial post:

Damascus paused in front of the border of Phoenix Valley scratched himself below his right ear. No matter how bad becoming a Luperci was-it ruined his life and made his family cast him out of the pack-being able to reach that right spot almost made it worth it, that, and his new found thumbs and intelligence as well. He was a small wolf, even for his age. He was always the runt of the litter, but he compensated for that with his intelligence. You would not guess he was intelligent however, since he was covered in burns and scars of lessons learned. Patches of fur were gone, or blackened with heat, all over his body. He was quite an ugly canine, but he didn't care. He didn't to impress anybody, in fact, the only reason he was waiting at this border was because he had run out of food. He was not used to the scarcity of food in the north, and he would not survive long alone. He was in his Optime form as the moment, he wore a sling over his shoulder that carried a bag filled with shards of metal he found laying around.

Wile he waited for a patrol, he took out an old rusted metal contraption from his bag and looked it over. He was a curious wolf as well, and tried to learn what he could from what he found on his travels. He lost himself in thoght at the border. He knew that they would find him at some point. All they had to do was follow the smell of burning hair.
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: yaaaaaaay!

Xeris was on her way back to the cabin, following her usual routine walk along the beach. In lupus form for now--as she found it more comfortable, particularly these days--she padded quietly through the grass, golden eyes concentrating on what was ahead of her. Of course, with her naturally lousy sense of direction, she'd managed to take a wrong turn. The white wolfess knew how to get back to her home from here, she'd just be taking the long way. Ah well, she thought, It'll be good exercise. She was also rather hungry and hoping that maybe Pendzez had found something to eat back at the little cabin...

Suddenly she was distracted from her thoughts by someone else--or rather, someone else's scent. Though the odor of this wolf was predominantly one of burnt fur, beneath that she smelled something else. Something familiar. Something she hadn't smelled in a long time. Following the scent, she quickened her pace, soon discovering the source standing at the borders. Her golden eyes widened. The gray-colored wolf before her, covered in burns and scars, suddenly captured her attention in full. "D...Damascus?"
[/html]
Damascus sniffed the air through his good nostril... A familiar sent. It was followed by a familiar voice. He Looked down and over at a familiar wolf.
"Those eyes... I know you!... no, wait, i don't..." he shook his head, he lost to many brain cells breathing in smoke. "Wait, yes! You name, it starts with a Z... i mean an X! And um..." he paused to think. "You're... Xeris... Yea. Long time no see." he scratched his nose and looked around.
"So, what exactly is this place? I heard there were other Luperci here and decided to check it out." He looked around at his surroundings, lots of trees and plants... no dry wood. It would be hard to make a fire here. Maybe this place was not for him... no, he could make a fire. It would just be hard. He was sure there would be some metals and dry wood some ware around here too. He was more interested in this rather then anything else when looking for a new home. This was all assuming that he would be accepted here, but he liked thinking ahead.
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris grinned. "You always were the funny one, Damascus." She hadn't seen him in years. She had grown up with him. But something was...different. "You're a Luperci..." her voice trailed off. "So my father...my father sent you away too..." She bit her lip. So her father was still ruling with his iron fist at the Retreat. One day, perhaps, she would return to her homeland, to show her father that Luperci were not all bad. But that was not a pleasant thought now.

He asked where they were. "This is Phoenix Valley," she replied. "I have...found a new family here." She smiled at the thought of them. Ty and Anya and Rendall...and Pendzez of course. But that much news might be a bit much for Damascus right now. Looking up at her old friend--something she never thought she'd have to do--and smiled at him. "I've missed you. It'ss been so long."
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lelala.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I like your AIM name. :p If you could lengthen your posts a little too, that would be great.

Phoenix Valley's size had waned as of late -- it seemed DaVinci's departure would be the first of many to come, which was rather unfortunate. Jefferson was reminded of earlier months where the pack's numbers had dwindled so low that the cyclops feared the pack would have to disband due to its shortage of members. Luckily, however, they had a convenient influx of prospective joiners, a few of which were still faces he saw everyday. The Patriarch mentioned nothing to Geneva or the other many underlings, but he was secretly crossing his fingers that the sudden, unexpected influx of new faces would happen like it had conveniently done a few times before.

Nevertheless, Jefferson's neckfur bristled at the detection of a foreign scent as it always had. It was only natural; he was a pack leader. The pack had struggled with Inferni not long ago, and with the dwindling numbers they now had, the cyclops worried for his members' safety. Not only that, but he himself had a few blood-sharing creatures who'd sworn to eat his neck eventually. In addition, there was Geneva: his desire to protect her and keep her safe was greater now than ever.

As he came upon the stranger's scent, he picked up Xeris' as well and calmed when his single eye affixed upon them as he approached. It seemed he was interrupting something: the white-furred woman was bright-eyed with hints of nostalgia. In addition, the stranger he came upon appeared to be harmless. "Xeris," he greeted her plainly, then quickly turned his eye to the stranger and squared his shoulders and stance, single green eye glowing as it focused almost robotically on the boy. "...And you are? You have reason to be here?"

[/html]
Thanks, sorry about that. I'm used to a different site, I'll try to get better.

"Too long." Damascus agreed with Xeris. He said this with guilt however. He had followed the crowd to cast her out before, he had not stood up for her and helped to chase her out. He had been part of the problem, and when he himself suffered the virus, no one stood up for him either. Going back to the pack was not possible in his eyes, and it was a good thing. "Phoenix Vally." It was named after a bird of fire, so there better be some fire wood here. Then, as he was thinking, he heard a sound from his good ear, and wile lamenting the loss of half his smell(he would have smelled the newcomer coming), he saw a wolf that carried himself with power and respect.

At the sight of the one eyed wolf, Damascus respectfully bowed his head, and suddenly felt much less handicapped, and much more humbled by both the power and scar on the wolfs face. "I, um, no reason to be 'here' especially." He responded awkwardly. "My name is Damascus." That one eye seamed to look into his soul, daring any kind of deep darkness to show it's self. Damascus gulped. "I'm looking for any pack to take me in. I'm not really good at hunting, or fighting..." he decided not to go on with his disadvantages and moved on, "But i can make blades, bowls, anything metal really. And I'll help out any way i can. I don't smell as well as i did. Er, i mean, my nose does not work as well as it used to. But i guess i don't smell very good either." he awkwardly laughed for a second, scratching a part of burned hair under his neck. "So i can't track down prey, predator, or friend very well. very well. Which brings me to why i am here now. I can't fend for myself very well anymore..." He realized he was getting into his many faults once more and stopped. He was was talking to much. His tail lowered and he looked down lower as he anxiously scratched his neck once more.
[html]
ooc: agghh short post sorry, been up most of the night

"Yeah," Xeris said softly. "Too long." She had still missed her old friend despite the fact that he had earlier taken sides with her father. She couldn't blame him for that, really; and she was the forgiving type after all. She smiled. It really was good to see him. And then her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone approaching; she turned around to find the Patriarch standing nearby. "Jefferson," she replied to his greeting, nodding respectfully. Hopefully he wouldn't be too hard on Damascus.

The white wolfess looked on as Jefferson interrogated her friend. She remembered the first time she herself had set foot in Phoenix Valley territory, and how she was similarly greeted by DaVinci; he was long gone by now, though. At a pause in the others' conversation, Xeris piped up. "He's an old friend of mine. We grew up together." She didn't know how much of a difference it would make to Jefferson, but figured that she should tell him. "He's really better at more things than he says," she added with a laugh. "Not to mention he's good at making people laugh. He's always been entertaining." She smiled at him again.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lelala.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The stranger cowered under the cyclops' one-eyed gaze, though no particular power or suspicion were being subjected to the poor, grey-furred creature. As Damascus spoke, his tone and stature became rather pitiful and uncomfortable; this both alarmed and intrigued the Patriarch, curious why the male was so timid and anxious. There was nothing Jefferson could do about his intimidation factor as he was not doing anything more than looking at the poor fellow, but it seemed even that was enough to make the stranger cower in fear.

He couldn't exactly say Damascus reminded him of himself, but even briefly, Jefferson thought back to his unintentional collapse on Phoenix Borders. He'd been emaciated and starving, unable to walk any further when Deuce had sent him away for his duel-blooded heritage. Jefferson had not even asked for membership, asked for nothing -- but even though he'd obviously been close to death, he'd been offered no assistance in the least. Naturally, Iskata had been the one to pull him back when he tried to leave, and since then the cyclops had never dared depart from Phoenix Valley.

Green eye shifted slightly when Xeris began to speak, wholeheartedly sticking up for the withdrawn male who stood on their borders. "You were close, I assume," Jefferson said plainly, though taking her words in stride as he glanced back at Damascus. "Faults mean more space for learning. Not everyone can be perfect." The monster himself would know best. "You have some reason for leaving wherever you came from, don't you?"

[/html]
(sorry for not posting sooner. thanksgiving had me in an internet free environment.)

"Changing into a luperci freaked out my family." he said. "Even before I changed I was a bit different, I liked fire and the shine of metal. But with the transformation I was able to manipulate things even greater, having thumbs and all, The price was great... but if they shun me for something I cannot control, then they are not my family anymore. I don't want to go back there." he looked up, his red eyes meeting Jeffersons green eye with emotion, though, it was hard to tell if it was fear of being shunned yet again, or hope uf finding a new home. Damascus gulped and looked away once his courage was gone. His eyes met with Xeris, and with her words in mind he summoned up the will to speak again. He was a timid wolf, and not used to standing alone. "So, what exactly is going on. From what I hear, this place in one of many. There is an entire population of luperci here."

Damascus wanted to know more about his future home. He was starting to get more accustomed to the environment, but he still wondered about this place. "How about a tour of the place if I am accepted? Like, where I should or should not go... it was pure luck that I was able to smell out this marker for your territory. I will have to memorize by sight where other territories are. I don't want to start a war on accident. Really, I did that once. It did not end well. I walked in on pack of twelve feeding and was chased out with a little piece of my tail gone. True story."
[html]
Xeris watched nervously as Jefferson spoke with her old friend. She knew just how intimidating the Patriarch could be, yet at the same time also knew that he really did have good intentions at heart. Of all places for Damascus to end up, Phoenix Valley was probably the best for him. She listened to his account of how his family had been disturbed by his change. His family was her old family. At the Retreat everyone had become one single family, blood ties laid aside. The de Heritage family, they were called. That was her mother's idea, according to what the white wolfess had heard long ago. And Xeris was wanting to accept Damascus de Heritage into her new Phoenix Valley family.

Damascus brought up the other territories in the area. Xeris' thoughts immediately turned toward Inferni. She would need to teach her friend about their borders and the dangers of crossing them--even by accident. "I will teach you what I know about the area," she spoke up. "That is, if you are willing to accept him on our lands. She turned her golden eyes to Jefferson at this last statement. "We could definitely use some fire for the cold winter. And Damascus, you...you can see," she paused for a moment, realizing that she hadn't even told Jefferson the news she was about to reveal, "My pups."
[/html]
[html]

Hooray! Go make some threads! 8D

Damascus' story wasn't simple, but it was something Jefferson had heard a few times before. It struck his interest each time he heard it; how was it, first of all, that wolves were so accepting to throw away a perfectly fine child? The mutation -- the luperci gene -- was different from what they were used to, but no reason for shunning. He, as cold and bitter as he was at times, couldn't imagine throwing away one of his children for such a reason. After all, when he'd stared into the menacing, yellow eyes of his children who sought his blood, Jefferson had thought of nothing else but to apologize, patch things up, and begin anew. Unfortunately, life hadn't been so easy. After Miriette left, he hadn't seen hide nor tail of any of them.

Jefferson frowned at the stranger's loss of tail, but the boy hardly knew pain, even when staring into the face of a one-eyed, three-legged monster himself. He said nothing, though, his thoughts aligning with Xeris' as he recalled the wolfess' admission of the attack at Inferni she'd endured. Of anyone, Xeris would have been the best one to drill it into the new members' heads that they needed to be careful out there, even if they were Tueris or Tutela ranks that required knowledge outside of Phoenix Valley. When the white wolfess admitted to something more, however, the Patriarch's one eye turned and affixed on her in mild surprise accompanied by a raised eyebrow. Oh, was that it? She'd gotten bigger, but he hadn't thought much about it. In terms of romance and pups, Jefferson was unsurprisingly dense. Funny, how he'd told that to Geneva, and yet she'd chased after him anyway. "Neat," he said, a word he'd never expected to use for anything, but oddly couldn't find another way to describe such a... miracle? Bah. He glanced back to Damascus then and donned a slight smile. "All right then, you belong to Xeris for now. If she goes into labor, well, then you get to be the one to find Pendzez."

He smirked, cackling a little to himself, as he turned and started away. "You'll start out as Loas for now, and when you show us what you can do, we'll put you in a rank accordingly. Don't worry, she'll take good care of you." And with that, still snickering like the sarcastic asshole he was, Jefferson took his exit.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.