Blue skies are gonna clear up~
1. Character Name: Andrea Newton (Andy or Newt to some)
2. Character Birthdate (including year): July 17th, 2007
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Female
5. Your e-mail: capnjessi@yahoo.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M):AIM: squirligirl / MSN: okami_seishin@hotmail.com
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Kiriska Smile (www.wolfhome.com)

--

The branches overhead creaked softly as the wind danced through the trees. A few leaves fluttered to the ground, landing without a sound on the soft earth. A lone female wolf padded quietly through the trees, her nose telling her that a pack boundary line was drawing closer. Her ears perked forward as she went, hoping to catch a sound of the pack she was undoubtedly nearing.

Her nose was working furiously, catching the scents of many creatures, both wolves and prey alike. She paused as a bird called overhead, her muzzle tilting toward the sound. Ice blue eyes searched for the creature, and her tail wagged once when she spotted it, nestled in the branches above.

She was fairly young, about two and a half years old. A mixture of grays, tans, and soft gold made up her pelt, from the dark fur of her back to the almost white around her face and chest. Andy, or Andrea, was not as large as some of her kind, but then, she was fairly young, and a female at that.

The female paused, one fore paw raised, as the scent of wolves was suddenly very strong. She new she must be at the line. Sinking into a relaxed sit, she gazed into the trees, hoping to catch a glimpse of the life she hoped was ahead. Tilting her head slighty, her eyes narrowed, she watched silently for a short time before deciding to make her presence known.

Lifting her light muzzle to the sky, she let out a howl, both tentative and bold. The light, keening sound carried high over the trees and over. Satisfied, she lowered her head and sat back to wait.

--

(OOC: Hope this was okay. I am not entirely sure how long a post is supposed to be.)
ooc: Hello. Welcome to 'Souls. Post length is great to start! Mine will be woefully short because I am posting from a friend's house on the fly~!

Geneva could feel some warmth on her shoulders, which was surprising. November was almost over, and December was approaching quickly. The summer before had been stormy, and Geneva had spent most of that season soaked to the bone. She had expected much the same of the fall, but she had been pleasantly surprised. There had been very little rain, and fortunately, no flooding that had effected Phoenix Valley, as far as she knew.

The Savant patrolled her usual route, hoping that the winter would not be especially wet when it came. It was not very cold yet, and so that was a good sign. But the weather could change so quickly. Either way, the wolfess could always hope. She moved with ease through the usual paces in her four-legged form. Her fur was light gray, like pale smoke on the horizon. The rest of her was somewhat fragile, like smoke. She had never grown to be much larger than a yearling, although she was well into her third year of life. Geneva was petite, small boned and lithe - but she was perfectly proportioned.

The keening sound of a howl made her ears swivel, and her lime green eyes turned toward the source of the sound. The gray lady had no sense of smell to speak of, and so she was limited to using her other senses. Without much thought and no hesitation, she took off toward the source of the sound. Her footfalls were swift and light, and it did not take long for her to emerge through the trees to confront the one who had howled, clearly summoning someone.

Lime green eyes fell upon another female, and she regarded her with cool curiosity. As she approached the seated female, her ears were erected and her stance was confident. However, she did not exude a threatening or pretentious air. It would have been next to impossible due to her slight size. "Yes?" she said mildly, her whisper soft voice holding a hint of curiosity.
Andy was a little surprised at the swiftness of the appearance of this new female. She could tell this wolf was a leader, and for that she was grateful. Not wanting to appear disrespectful, the lone female lowered her gaze.

"Hello." She flicked her ears quickly. My name is Andy. I ask to join your pack." She said simply, figuring that getting to the point would be better. She shuffled her front paws softly, feeling a little insecure in the presence of this other female.

She awaited with bated breath the answer of the leader, looking up only once to see her reaction.
Andy seemed to have discerned quickly enough that Geneva held a high rank within her pack. She was not a boastful woman, and she wasn't overly proud, but she did move with a new confidence. She had grown since she had first arrived in Nova Scotia a year before, in ways that she could not have imagined. Being here had had a transformative effect on the gray wolfess, and those changes had ushered forth a woman with more courage and greater faith in herself and others.

Geneva appreciated the fact that the multi-colored female cut to the heart of the matter. She was being forth-coming and acted as though she had nothing to hide with her presence here. These were all good things, but they were not enough to help Geneva make the ultimate decision about whether or not to allow her admittance into the pack. This situation required further discourse and detail.

"Andy," she said, testing the quality of that name on her tongue, before she spoke again. "I appreciate your forthright attitude; however, we should learn a bit more about one another before our situation progresses." Geneva inhaled lightly, before speaking once more, this time giving Andy some information. "The pack that lies beyond this border is called Phoenix Valley. My name is Geneva, and I am the Savant, the sub-leader, of this pack."

Geneva took a seat herself, positioning herself directly across from Andy, so that they could look at each other easily. "Tell me about yourself, and why you want to live within a pack. Tell me what you want from Phoenix Valley, and how Phoenix Valley could benefit from having you." Her tone was gentle, a half-smile on her face as she spoke. However, her words indicated that she needed these answers.
"Geneva." Andy said the name quietly, dipping her head in respect to the leader. From what she could see, this female seemed to be a fair leader. The loner smiled slightly, happy to have met such a wolf when she was n such a vulnerable state. Had she come across a different wolf, her fate might have been much darker.

"I have been on my own for quite some time, having left my parent pack to find my own life for myself. I have been searching for a pack that seems right ever since." She paused, her tail brushing the dirt once in a long, smooth sweep. [b]"I feel that I can provide loyalty and help any way I can to this pack. I have heard tell of Phoenix Valley from many of the creatures in my travels, and it has intrigued me."[\b] She finished, hoping her explanation would be enough for Geneva.
ooc: Just a few more bases to cover here Smile By the way, if you could lengthen your posts a little bit, that'd be great!

Geneva knew what it meant to be separated from family, to have everything around seem so unfamiliar. Geneva's father had been her entire world when she had been a child. And she had grown up with Jordan, her mate who had passed away when her father had also passed. She had been alone in the world when she had arrived in Nova Scotia. She had been empty-handed and had had an empty heart as well. But now her life was so full.

The primary light in her life now was Jefferson. Her mouth quirked into a half-smile as she thought of him, his single electric eye narrowed and his mouth twisted into a perpetual frown. It was so easy for her to rib him, to get under his skin. She loved the time they spent together. More simply, she loved him, for all his virtues and especially his many vices. He was impatient, to say the least, but there was so much more to him.

As she continued to think of him, she thought that Andy was probably lucky that she had answered her call instead of the one-eyed Patriarch. Although he was not necessarily unkind, he definitely did not have her patience. Even the slightest things usually tried his patience. Geneva nodded and spoke again, "Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses."
(OOC: Oh, sorry. It's late haha. I will try to add more to them.)

--

The loner's ears angled backward at the leader's next question. Strengths and weaknesses.. hm. This had always been her least favorite part when meeting with leaders in the past. Not that she didn't have confidence in herself. She just found this part to be hard to talk about; talking about herself, good or bad, had never been her favorite thing.

"Well.. I try to see the good in others. I make it a point to not judge someone before I know them." She paused, thinking hard. "I have spent such a long time on my own that I fear I will not be the most beneficial member on a hunt, at least not right away." She shut her eyes and lowered her head momentarily. "And I've got a bit of a trust issue. But I hope to reverse that by being apart of a pack." She finished, opening her eyes.

Her thoughts wandered back to her life in hr pack. She missed her parents terribly. But when her twin brother died, she couldn't stand being there any longer. She had to leave, to find a new life for herself. Not a day went by when she didn't miss her family. All except one...

She jerked out of her reverie with a jolt, realizing she must have dazed off. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she took in the leader's expression.
Geneva appreciated Andy's honesty. She addressed each of her questions with nothing but the truth, or so the sub-leader felt. She did not appear to make an attempt to dress up her answers or elaborate creatively. She nodded in encouragement as the multi-colored wolfess began to speak slowly. It was obvious that she did give some consideration to her answers. Geneva knew it could be difficult to talk about oneself, but it was important for Geneva to get that information. She had to gauge whether or not Andy would be a good fit in pack life.

And so far, Geneva felt that everything was going well. Andy seemed to fall into her own little world of memory or thought. Geneva considered her as she looked off into space. In the space of a few seconds, Andy seemed to come back to the present. Geneva smiled thinly at her, allowing her to recover completely before she spoke again. "Thank you for your honesty," the Savant said.

She inhaled slightly before she continued. "It is okay that you are used to being on your own. Phoenix Valley is a good place to learn to be part of a whole." She was glad that Andy had mentioned some of attributes that spoke of her own character. "You are welcome to stay here, as a member of the pack. For now you will be given the rank of Loas, and you will have time to learn and to show skill in order to advance to a different rank, if that is what you would like to do."

Geneva looked over her shoulder, into the direction of her home, farther into the pack land. Her expression was soft, happy. She loved it here, and it was plain to see. It was what got her up at dawn each day, what fueled her efforts. "There are several cabins that you can inhabit, or you may take up residence in a den, if you would like. I live at the ranch with the Patriarch of this pack, Jefferson." Her relationship with Jefferson ran much deeper than simply co-leading a pack with him, although she had yet to tell anyone about it. But her voice betrayed something both delicate and strong, enduring and warm. "You may find either of us there, usually, if you need assistance. A word to the wise, though," she said, half a laugh in her voice now. "Jefferson can be a bit...cranky. Welcome to Phoenix Valley, I hope you will like it here."
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.