johnny, i hardly knew ya
[html]
Ava @ Hades Beach. Mason's in lupus form.

Despite the cold, wet weather, the youngest member of Inferni still made his way to the coast. It had become like home to him, in a way. It was the place where he felt the safest, for whatever ridiculous reason. When he was here, he did not feel like he was young, inexperienced, and useless. Instead, he felt in tune with whatever was around him. The ocean was a tremulous thing, but he had mastered some small part of it, he felt.

The first skill that Mason felt he had truly mastered was fishing. He had spent several hours a day during his first few months here by the seaside. Sometimes he would even secret himself away to Whisper Beach, a stretch of shoreline on neutral territory. Through fishing, he was able to provide for himself and for his clan, in some small way. Fish were the only game he could really collect with any skill, but his prey was abundant. Mason hadn't been hungry in weeks.

The water was too rough with the rain storms to be placid enough to show his reflection. But he knew that if he were to look that his body would have lengthened, his build becoming more and more lanky. The boy was a hybrid, but his coyote blood was the most pronounced part of his heritage. The size of his chest was the only thing that really hinted at his wolf heritage. Approaching the foam-edged waters, his coin colored eyes were bright as he watched for the tell tale shadows of fish below the surface.

[/html]
[html]
I AM THE FACE OF PISS AND SHIT AND SUGAR
I DO A CROOKED LITTLE DANCE WITH MY FUNNY LITTLE MONKEY
<3 thank youuu for starting! Big Grin

Ava found herself growing quite comfortable with her new home as she trotted through the territory. Her white paws picked there way around the puddles that pooled here and there from the amount of rain they were receiving during the week. It did not stop her paws from gaining mud on them and she sighed heavily as she flicked the thicker specks off. Grumbling to herself she realized she would need to bathe later anyway, whether that was in the comforts of her den or in a river that ran through the territory somewhere she did not know. It depended on the extent of how dirty her pelt gotten by the time she decided to go back to the den.

Crimson eyes trailed the sand that was starting to replace the dirt below and she cocked an eyebrow curiously. She had not realized this place was on the coast at first, but it seemed the only plausible thing considering the direction she came from was also a coast. It would also explain all the rain instead of frigid temperatures she found during this part of the year. Of course, she had been too young then to really experience a cold winter, but by the time her eyes opened there was already a thick blanket of snow that covered absolutely everything in sight. Not revealing an utter thing until spring rolled around later on the next year. That was the problem with being born so late in the year, she had never experienced the greenness of spring and lived in fear of starving for a good portion of her young childhood.

Her paws fell across the sand and she felt her weight sink into the softened ground, enjoying the feeling completely. Her muscles rippled easily under her smooth pelt as she made her way along the coast and she had traveled quite a bit before the scent of another erupted within her olfactory senses. It had taken a moment but her eyes finally locked on the figure that was a bit of a ways from her. Smiling, she was happy to have found yet another member to say hello to as she grew more confident with introducing herself.

style='font-weight:bold;color:#703A3D;align:right;'>Hello! she called out, her tail wagging in a friendly manner as she came up near the younger male. Ava noted his hybrid heritage too, and grinned at the boy as she stopped a few feet from him.

WHAT I WANT, WHAT I WANT IS YOUR CHILDREN
I HATE WHAT I HAVE BECOME TO ESCAPE WHAT I HATED BEING
[/html]
[html]
Smile.

Mason turned to note the source of a friendly voice. A smile had touched his maw before he had much time to think about it. The call had been so friendly that it automatically sent an instinctual thrill through him. He did not recognize the voice, and when he finally turned enough to see the girl who had called out to him, he knew for certain that he had never met her.

His coin colored eyes swept over her consideringly, and he noted instantly that she was also a mixed breed. He inhaled lightly and realized that she faintly held the familiar scent of Inferni. She must not have been here long at all. He had never really seen anyone like her, which made him instantly curious. Her coloring was strange to him. "Hi, I'm Mason Alexandre Hesiod!" he exclaimed without a care. Despite his maturing body and mind, he was still very much young, and there was still a bit of youthful wonder and energy about him that he could not surpress.

"What's your name, girl?" He would have called her a lady, and she certainly had the bearing of one, but she seemed a bit young to him. He could not really be sure; he wasn't good at making judgements like that yet. He knew that she had to be older than he was, but she was not as old as Kaena, Hybrid, or Gabriel.

[/html]