instant proof of insurance
300+ (365)
[html]
<style type="text/css">.viei b {color:#3B4B57;}</style>
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/viera.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:5px; padding-left:20px; padding-right:20px; padding-bottom:95px;">

Vieira had been woken early from her sleep. Her bones were stiff from the cold cave floor and she did not get the rest she was looking for. It was better than nothing and definitely better than any she had in a long time. Vieira did not complain when woken because she had a duty to complete, a task Kaena asked of her. She had to go to the city south of Inferni for supplies Kaena needed. Alcohol seemed to be the main thing, if only, and whatever Vieira needed for her little room in the gave. She didn't know what she needed other than some sort of bedding and she worried if she brought back too much, all of it would be taken away. Vieira would be fine with just blankets to be on the safe side, at least.

With the directions Kaena gave her, it only took a few hours. The sun was high in the sky, indicating the time of day as noon. Her feet were tired from the travel and would be until she had a few more days rest. Extended travel like this would only set her back. The city was new to her. It was in ruins but modern and she had seen a few on her way from Mexico to her but she generally went around to avoid contact and now she was making her way through. She had no idea where to search for alcohol so she poked through a few buildings that were empty. Merchandise lined the walls but alcohol was not to be seen.

The woman heaved a sigh and put her hand against the wall for a breathe. She could not ruin her first task. She could not disappoint her master so soon. Vieira feared punishment, especially since she had no idea what sort of coyote Kaena was. She didn't want to dare take the chance to disobey in order to find out what to expect. She was content living in fear and avoiding it as best she could. While Kaena had her punishment, whatever it was, Astaroth and Sivaro were in her head, giving their own form of a beating from their grave.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

The dingy motel had become home to Silas. He and his family had been there for almost three months now, and room 119 had really started to take on its own personality. The Russian flag that Silas had taken from the liquor store hung proudly on the wall over his bed and the broken furniture now proudly displayed the few belongings he had collected; namely, his prized lighter from Razekiel and the few boxes of cigarettes. The windows were fixed with random scraps of fabric Silas had scavenged in the motel itself; old, stained sheets most likely. But it was home enough for him. And as he awoke that morning, Silas found that the feelings of homesickness were less apparent. Sure he longed for Anatoliy and Verushka to be there, but he no longer dreamt about what his family would be doing that day back in Russia.

He took to the streets again, not bothering to put on that new vest he had retrieved a few days prior. Yet, the familiar blue bandana was around his neck once again. He didn’t have a destination in mind and figured instead that he would explore the buildings and places he had yet to venture. There was still one part of the city that housed rows of townhomes Silas had yet to ransack. Their time would come, though, and his pile of treasure would grow.

"Я никогда не видела, как пронзительно, что прежде. Похоже, это больно." He had turned a corner, absentmindedly kicking at a rock as he made his way down the street. It had rolled out of reach when he turned, but it seemed he had something new to entertain him for awhile. "Hi zhere," he chimed with a Cheshire grin.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/viera.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:5px; padding-left:20px; padding-right:20px; padding-bottom:95px;">

Vieira rubbed her hand over her eye and muzzle, trying to shake the tiredness that was taking her over. She hoped for a reward of rest when she returned, should she get everything Kaena asked for. While her mind went through this, she heard a bunch of gibberish behind her and she assumed it was just because she wasn't paying attention. She spun around to see the form of a wolf and she realized that it had been, after all, gibberish. She stared blankly at the Russian and when he spoke in something she could understand, despite his accent, she was thankful he would know what she said.

"What?" she questioned without saying hello. Normally, it was not in her nature to not say hello when spoken to but her mind was too focused on the gibberish he'd spoken before. His accent was not something she recognized and she could not piece it together. Her ears angled backward as she waited, hoping it would not take too much of her time. She didn't know when Kaena expected her back but she knew she should not waste time.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Short. But it's okay, cause we're spreeing, right?! :x

When she turned to face him, Silas raised a brow. Yup, sure did look like it hurt. Though both his father and siblings were adorned with silver hoops threw their ears and bars above their eyes, Silas was clean of any piercings. As a child, he had been afraid of needles and had never had the opportunity to get one since. He fancied the idea of a hoop or two threw an ear, but he could just not fathom the look this girl had decided to sport. "I say, do eet hurt?" He pointed to his own nose, thinking she might take it as rude if he pointed at her. Plus, he had remained a good half a dozen meters back or so and maybe she wouldn't have realized what he meant had he not mimed it. "Mine seester have in ear, but eet much smaller." He dared to take a step or two closer, before pausing again. He looked down, having stepped on the rock he had been kicking around just moments ago. He grinned, giving it a small nudge with one paw. "Mine name Silas. Who are you?"

[/html]
Tongue Of course.

[html]

Vieira assumed his words had been about her piercing and when he pointed it out on himself, she lifted her head and lightly touched the ring in thought. She never really noticed it was there unless it was clipped to a chain and she was thankful Kaena had not done such a thing. It was awkward and painful and if done in public, humiliating. She could not express her emotions but she still had them and humiliation was a strong one in her. "Not anymore, sir," she said quietly as he moved closer and her feet remained still, her eyes glancing away and staring at the ground. "I am Vieira Lykoi, I belong to Kaena Lykoi," she announced when asked and her eyes turned to look at the others feet nervously. It was her generic introduction, however the owner was new. Before it had been one of three other coyotes and now, in a land where slaves were not common, she felt awkward giving the information out.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Sorry I killed our spree last night. :x

He had never in his life been called a sir before, nor mister or anything else along those lines. It was strange to hear her say it now, especially since Silas was still months shy of actually reaching maturity. He was in no way a sir to anyone and that idea made him smile a bit. She shouldn’t be saying sir to him, but who was he to tell her what to do? "Hi Vieira." He hadn’t heard of anyone named Kaena before, and their last name was just as foreign to him as were the lands outside of Halifax. Had he known their heritage, perhaps he would have seen the girl in a different light. But as he didn’t, he was oblivious. "Oh, I to Rurik Russo." Of course, he also belonged to Verushka, but she was still in Russia so she probably didn’t count. "Vhat are you do today?" He asked, more conversational than really curious. Maybe if she had interesting enough plans, Silas would tag along for something to do. Vieira seemed friendly enough. Maybe she wouldn’t mind.

[/html]
<3
[html]

The woman nodded a little when she was spoken to and greeted. It was not unusual to her, however, his next words shook her and she felt surprise rise up inside her. She blinked and dared to look up. Vieira did not know many slaves and while there were slaves in Eterne, she could not name one. She'd seen them and been around them, but for the most part, introductions of your property was not common and there were no bonds formed. However, she was out on her own and having run into a slave was a shock to her. She did not think this land was acceptable to such a thing and for a long moment, she wasn't able to say anything.

It took her a moment to find the words but when she realized a question had been asked, she decided to come back to it. "My owner sent me for alcohol. And other necessities for myself since I just arrived yesterday," she informed and she blinked, unnaturally looking at his face because she felt she could. It was a slave in front of her, after all. While the base of her ears tightened in thought, angling back against her head, she parted her jaws to speak. "You are slave, too?" she whispered and glanced away as if someone were around. Perhaps this Master Rurik was nearby and she knew she did not want to meet him. Vieira didn't know how to feel about the idea of other slaves and indifference began to sit in.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Vieira looked up towards Silas, and it set the boy at ease. Much better, he thought. He was always more relaxed when those around him were comfortable. She didn’t seem there quite yet, but they were taking small steps. "Alcohol!" Silas chimed, knowing just the place for that. He had gone into that store a few times now, leaving with both armfuls of bottles and the beautiful Russian flag he had stolen from its walls. The grin broadened. "I show you vhere you find alcohol. Come, come!" He waved a hand at her, turning to head in the opposite direction it seemed she may have been heading.

The Russian store was just across the street from where Silas and his family were living, and it just so happened they were not far from it. "Slave?" Silas asked over his shoulder, starting to walk away. He paused for a moment, turning to see if she would follow, before adding, "I do not know zhis vord. Sorry." He waved his hand at her again, beckoning, before turning to continue. "I don’t know many English vords. Zhey are very new to me."

[/html]
[html]

The other knew where to find alcohol and she felt a wave of relief fall over her. She was having the hardest time finding things and next she needed to find stuff for her. She would settle for a blanket, she supposed, because she could not think of anything else she needed as a slave. Bedding was the extend of her room and there were no need for accessories. She moved behind him when instructed to follow and was thankful for his help.

Vieira began to feel awkward when he questioned her and even when he explained he did not know the word, she felt there was little she could assume. If he did not know the word, then perhaps he was not. "Slave," she repeated and brought her small hand to her chest. "Property to someone. My owner is Kaena," she tried to explain but felt inadequate. "I am property," she said and lifted her hand further and indicated the nose ring, often a symbol of someone being controlled, like bulls.

[/html]
[html]

Silas grinned when she decided to follow, but her explanation of the word made his brows twist in confusion. It was a strange word with a bizarre meaning. Property? How was she property to someone else? All Silas could think of was that he belonged to his parents, but property wasn’t the right word for it. He just couldn’t grasp the concept. "Oh, I don’t zhink I slave. I have mine parents, but zhey are not owners." He watched as she pointed to her piercing. Did it symbolize her being this so called slave? Is that why she wore such an odd piece of jewelry? "Eet is zhis vay," he told her, pointing at the upcoming intersection. "So, I show you very best alcohol of all Russia. Zhe very best! Your Kaena vill like eet, I promise!" He led them around a corner and down another street. It was there that the small store and motel where Silas lived were housed. He grinned with the familiarity of it all. "‘Ere ve are!"

[/html]
[html]

When Silas announced he was not a slave, she felt her hopes deflated. She had not realized she wanted the same, wanted someone to connect with, and it was pulled out from beneath her. But she sucked it up quickly, took a breath, and moved on. Her posture changed slightly and her eyes lowered back to the ground, slowly slinking to walk behind him instead of beside him. Her golden gaze rested on his feet as they took their steps and she simply listened, falling back into her normal self and speaking when spoken to, generally from being asked a question. When they turned the last corner, he announced their arrival and she looked up to glance at what was before her. The liquor store, the motel, and other odds and ends.

Now that she were here, she did not feel she needed to follow the other. Unless he needed something. "Thank you, sir," she said quietly and glanced in his direction, looking at his legs. "Is there anything I can do to thank you?" she asked. Vieira was kind and grateful for help and Astaroth had taught her if someone did something nice for her, she had to do what they asked temporarily. Sivaro took enough advantage of that, unfortunately, and part of her expected Silas to announce some sort of favor he wanted. But she did not speak or indicate what she could do and, instead, let him chose his reward.

[/html]
[html]

"Very velcome," he replied, grinning at her. It seemed as if she was stuck in some sort of melancholy. Or maybe it was just Silas himself that was making her seem so… disheartened. He hoped it wasn’t him. After all, he was only trying to help. "Oh, no need," he raised both hands in front of his chest, waving them to deter her. "But I show you now." He wandered down the street a bit further, placing a hand over the metal handle of the store’s glass door, before pulling it open. "Come, I show you!"

The bell chimed its familiar tone and Silas took a step inside. There was evidence that many had wandered through here before. There were no deliveries to replace that bottles that had been taken. The floor itself was littered with bits of shiny glass where careless or drunk patrons had let a bottle slip from the shelves, or else their fingers. But the Russian boy knew exactly what he was looking for. It was the frosted bottles with the silver and red label that he wanted to show the slave girl. There weren’t many left as he and Heath had enjoyed some, as well as that white wolf Flayra, and a few had been taken back to the motel room 119. He grabbed one from the shelf, smiling down at the familiar Cyrillic letters that shined on the label. "Русский стандарт. Zhe very best."

[/html]
300+ (330)
[html]

Vieira was starting to experience culture shock. There were no other words and it was not the same where she came from. Everything was different, specifically those that lived here. Kaena did not know what to do with her and the other two she met in Inferni just questioned her. While they did not understand, she felt further limited in her disability. She was lost and Silas was furthering it. He did not accept her offer and while she felt relieved, she thought it was weird. He still held a smile and was rushing her along, doing nothing but helping her the entire way. She did not know what to do with so much kindness.

She still did not ease up, even as she followed him into the building and she was directly handed the best alcohol in Russia. Her eyes scanned over it only to memorize what the label looked like. She could not read any language but she simply remembered the picture. When she looked up, noticing there were so few bottles, she looked toward Silas. "Thank you, sir," she repeated.

The slave felt one bottle would not please Kaena and when she looked around, she realized she was surrounded by alcohol. Vieira wondered if her owner knew of this place and whether or not she had been. It was odd but there was nothing but liquor lining the walls. Vieira took a small step to the shelf behind her and touched the dusty bottles one by one as if she could read but she was simply studying the colors and images on them. "I should take more than this," she murmured, mainly to herself but it was audible and she felt Silas would be watching her anyway.

Her head turned back to look at him. "What else is good?" she asked. He seemed set on this particular bottle but she did not want to take it if it was the best and if it was his favorite.

[/html]
[html]

"Of course!" He smiled back at her, before moving towards the counter in the little store. It was in disarray, even more than last time he had been inside, but he found what he was looking for behind the counter. There was a stash of paper bags stuffed into one of the drawers that were still relatively intact. A few on the bottom had gotten wet somehow, but Silas had moved them out of the drawer onto the floor to keep the good ones safe by themselves. He grabbed one and shook it open, coming around the counter with a grin.

"Navigator," Silas told her, leaving the bag on top of the counter and moving towards the shelves again. He picked one of the bottles from the shelves, characterized by a gold and blue label that Silas had always liked. It was in this store he felt most at home, accompanied by all the Cyrillic letters adorning the labels and caps. He remembered when he had first had some of this with Anatoliy. After the initial burn had died down, Silas remembered the distinct sweetness he had liked so much.

He picked another bottle of the shelf, and set both inside the paper bag. "Yat," he then said, moving towards where Vieira stood. He picked another bottle off the shelf – this one equipped with a handle and sporting the three Cyrillic letters in bold red font. "Кристально-чистое!," Silas chimed, moving to put that in the bag as well. "And Slavyanskaya Rye." This one was especially a favorite of Anatolity as it didn’t cause aggressive moods or heavy hangovers. He put two of the gray and gold bottles into the bag as well. The collective bottles clanked precariously inside, but Silas was sure Vieira would be able to manage it somehow. "Mine favorites," he told her, patting the side of the bag with a fierce grin.

[/html]
[html]

The coyote watched him carefully as he moved around, grabbed a bag, and began to pick up other bottles of alcohol. She had no idea what he was really talking about or whether or not they were any good, alcohol had never touched her lips. It had always been around, though, Astaroth and Sivaro lived by it, but she had never tasted and nor had she the desire. It made her owners angry or horny or sometimes both and it never ended well for her. As she stared at one particular bottle, she wondered what it would do to Kaena and how it would change her. She even wondered, briefly, what it would do if she drank it herself. She doubted she would ever try, doubted Kaena would share, but it would not matter. She did not want to.

"I hope she will be pleased," she said and felt nothing more than the desire to please her owner. Her owner's happiness meant a slave's happiness and her life would be much easier. After learning to obey without hesitation, life became easy but she knew it was still hard when she had sadistic owners like her father and his friend. It was hard to keep them out of her mind, even if they were dead, because she felt them haunt her. Mentally punishing her for things she used to do, still did, and for just existing as a failure. She had never been able to bear the children Astaroth wanted and his wrath was something she paid a lot of the time. Pleasing Kaena was what she needed to do and she hoped she could succeed.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Short, sorry. I've misssssssed this!

"Your Kaena vill be pleased. You done good," he said as he patted the side of the paper bag again before moving away towards the front of the store. He was considering taking something back to his room in the hotel, but wasn’t sure what. He had had his fill of many of these Russian drinks, and something new would be a little more exciting than the usual. He lifted a bottle and twirled it in his palm. Though the label was unfamiliar to him, the Cyrillic called out. "Zhis vill do," he spoke to himself. He moved around the shelves to peer back at Vieira. "You ready? Ve go now?" He wasn’t sure what else the girl had in mind to pick up today, but he planned to do his best to help her… whether or not she had planned on having the extra company.

[/html]
I thought I replied but I did not. Sad I am sorry, my love (SSWM: 261).

[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vieitable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 0px 0px 120px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#A48058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

Vieira thin digits gripped the brown paper bags as tight as she could. They were heavy to her the longer she held them, but for now she would be all right. She would need to find a large bag of some sort in order to carry all of this home in addition to the other things she found. Silas went on about his business and Vieira stood looking at the brown paper bags as if she were lost in thought. She was worried Kaena would not be pleased, despite Silas' encouragement and the fact she was bringing four bottles back. The woman had not specified how many she wanted and all she could do was simply guess and four seemed like a good amount.

It would have been easier if she would have known the woman better, if she knew how much she drank and she could evaluate the amount she needed for how long it would take to go through. Her mind was shaken a moment later when Silas spoke. Her head jerked and she mind was blank in that moment but she quickly registered the question he asked and she nodded eagerly. "Yes, I am," she breathed and moved in the direction of the door. "I have to get blankets, too, and uhm..." she said and thought about other things she might need but nothing came to mind. "That's it, I think," she said and exhaled, smiled a little, and put her hand on the door in order to wait for him as if he knew where everything was.

<style type="text/css"> .viei-22 b{font-weight:bold; color:#C69A6D; } .viei-22 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} </style>[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">

The Russian youth smiled when he saw that Vieira seemed able to carry all the bottles that Silas had picked out for her. He surely hoped that this Kaena person would be happy with what she had brought back for her, otherwise Silas would feel guilty for picking out alcohol that he had assured Vie would be good. With his own bottle in hand, he moved towards the front door where Vieira stood and coaxed them out into the openness of the city streets. Nature had begun to reclaim much of the city, but remnants of the old human’s life still stood firmly in place by way of rusted cars and the buildings which the Luperci found so much fascination. It would have been a wonder to see Halifax in the days of its glory nearly two decades ago.

A grin found the boy’s muzzle again and he chimed, "I know just zhe place!" When the Russo family had first arrived to Nova Scotia, the family had docked further north where a fire had obviously ravished the country side. It was there that Rurik had once lived, and the small family looked on in disbelief that the entire span of lands had been seemingly erased. It wasn’t until later that they sailed south, docking in Halifax. That night, Rurik and his children had explored an old subway in the city, finding themselves a directory map to steer them to shelter. It was that same motel where Silas and his family sought refuge now that Silas was going to lead Vieira. Even that night, Rurik had found two rooms with beds still intact. Surely another room would still have blankets that Vieira could bring home along with her alcohol.

"Eet is zhis vay," he told her, heading off towards the motel. That first night, Rurik had avoided one of the rooms, before moving off to the ones where they now stayed. The young Russian had been slightly curious then about what was inside, though he had never gone back. Now that he was returning with Vieira in tow, his interest was piqued once more. Maybe he’d take a look inside now that he had some backup. "Zhis is vhere I live," he told her as the motel came into view. It was two stories, though the family had decided to remain on the first floor in case the integrity of the second was somehow compromised. "Zhere must be blankets in one of zhe rooms!"

[/html]
[html]
[/html]
SSWM: 380

Vieira was thankful she ran into someone that was so willing to help her despite her title. He even acted as if she were a being of civilization instead of an inferior. It was nice to be treated this way but in the back of her mind, she knew it was wrong. Perhaps it was Sivaro's evil laughter or Astaroth whispering to her that she was nothing more than a machine to produce children (even if they did come about without life). She did her best to push it away and sighed softly as they moved, her feet quickly following behind as best she could. He had speed in order to get to where he was going and she worried she would not be able to keep up with how eager he was to get there.

As they moved at gaining their destination, her eyes curiously watched the buildings around her. She had never seen things such as these buildings and everything was so foreign. There was nothing like this in Eterne. A couple of times she had passed cities on her way to Inferni but she never stopped to admire; she did not have time and it seemed dangerous. Even now, in the company of Silas, she was scared and she hated the fact she had come here on her own even if it was not be choice.

They came to a stop at the motel and her eyes watched the building as if it were going to grow legs and move away. It was different the building they were in last and she wondered about the purpose of this. Obviously it was inhabitable enough to support Silas and whoever lived with him but other than she, she was lost. It had so many doors and shaped differently. Vieira did not question him, though, because she had a purpose to find blankets and the other was confident there were some here. She waited a moment longer to let him lead but a few minutes went by and she stepped forward to investigate.

Her hands fell on a door handle and attempted to turn it but, unfortunately, it was locked. Her ears slowly fell back against her head and she turned toward Silas as if he would have the answer.[html]
[/html]
[html]
alatino Linotype;font-size:12px;line-height:13px;color:#000000;">

It was strange for him to come to the motel with no intentions of returning to his room. He hadn’t done much exploring of the building, since there had been plenty others to catch the youth’s attention. Instead, Silas had only searched around his own room to find the things left over from the humans, and all other motel rooms had been left as they had been found. His icy gaze watched as Vieira moved to open a door that lead into one of the rooms, but it must have been locked, for she wasn’t able to get it open. "No?" Silas asked, frown forming along his features. He shrugged, not knowing what else there was to do, and moved further down the crumbling pathway to another door. "Zhis one, maybe?" He said, trying his hand at grasping the handle and opening it. He was met by resistance as well, and turned to Vieira with a disappointed shrug.

When he and his family had arrived, it seemed as if Rurik had opened the doors with such ease. Where they doing something wrong, or was it just a coincidence? "Let’s try zhis one," Silas said, venturing to a door he had been outside of once before. It was the first room Rurik had tried, but had been quick to dissert. Silas figured it wouldn’t hurt to look inside. There was a chance that whatever was there wasn’t interfering with their task of retrieving blankets.

A hand went out and the Russian turned the handle. As expected, the door swung open with relative ease. There was a strange odor coming from inside unlike the room where Silas stayed with Liliya. Inside he could see why it was that his father had avoided it – a skeleton lay sprawled out across one of the beds. Still, the other looked relatively intact; of course, the bed wasn’t neatly made and the room was disheveled. Silas figured she’d be able to snag up those blankets, so long as she didn’t mind that they had shared a room with the dead. "Uhh, zhere is some, but uhh," he turned to her, unsure if she had seen past him into the room. "I vould take zhem only from zhe other bed."

[/html]