Of rabbits, snowflakes, and Luperci
[html]

[Image: anderungtablebelltower.png]

I Speak this, I

dream this, and I 'think'

this.

You "said this"

ooc; ^^ I started this, so I left it up to you to decide what you were doing, hope that's okay.

ic;
A black nose twitched as she walked through the snow covered undergrowth. Meer was out scenting for rabbits, for food. She had been in Storm for only a day but she already liked pack-life again. No one had treated her badly since she had been here, which was good. If anyone had advanced on her she might have freaked. There! A rabbit track in the snow. She sniffed, it had been here a few minutes ago, and it was traveling towards the dens. Meer quickly followed it, noting where it had rested, guessing that she was gaining on it. The animal was digging in the snow, munching on frozen grass, when she found it. Anderung crouched, waited for it to not be looking in her direction, and jumped out at it.

Missed! The amber pelt raced after the rabbit as it sped away in the snow dusted clearing. However, she gave up soon. Wolves were good at long distance running, but not in short bursts. It was the wrong muscles. Anderung looked around her, noting that she was closer to the pack dens, she thought. With empty jaws, she walked back towards them. Her violet eyes flickered over the features as she tried to familiarize herself with the territory. If she was going to be any use to this pack, she had to know the lay of the land. Anderung was close to the dens now, and she picked up the scent of Deirdre. She followed it and saw the white wolf a bit of a ways off. ”Hey! Deirdre!” Anderung called and walked quickly towards her.

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
Maybe they could hunt together?

it's just a different scene

She looked up when she heard her name being called. She’d been so worked up lately, trying to make sure that Phoenix had all that he needed…she barely had time for fun. She had thought that she was busy before…but now she was working double. She didn’t know how far along the pups were with their hunting, so she tried to make sure that there was always a nice amount of food in the cache in the back of the cave. Just in case.

She managed a smile when she saw who was calling her, the new wolf that had been accepted not too long before. ”Hey there. How’ve you been?”
[/html]
[html]

”I’ve been fine.” Anderung replied, having gotten closer to Deirdre. The amber wolf wagged her tail gently, looking around the forest. Her black nose twitched, scenting rabbits. Meer’s pink tongue swiped over her mouth as she thought about having a nice, young rabbit. She turned her violet eyes back to Deirdre. A few snowflakes were dropping onto her muzzle, and one got her in the eye, making her blink a few times. ”So, what are you doing?” The she-wolf said, cocking her head slightly. A crow called overhead before flying off. She flicked her ear toward the forest. ”If you aren’t busy, maybe you’d like to go hunting? I think I can smell some rabbits.” Anderung twitched her nose as she asked Deirdre. She hoped that the other she-wolf would want to hunt with her, it was rather boring alone.

"Sorry this is so late, hunting is fine. As long as Deirdre does something or says something involving Luperci, cause I need to get that out of the way. ^^."

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
Sure

Dierdre usually shifted for hunting, and she mentioned this to Aderung. "It helps to be in the Luperci form when you hunt--but you don't have one, do you?" She frowned, thinking this over. "It should be okay. But...I'm not sure if I can hunt rabbits. They remind me of squirrels too much--with the way the meat tastes. We should be able to take down an older deer, though--maybe one with an injury." She and Pilot didn't eat squirrel because he'd been raised by squirrels...and rabbit meat did taste about the same. So they tended to just eat deer and fish.
[/html]
[html]

[Image: anderungtablebelltower.png]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ooc; really short Sry >_0

ic;
Violet eyes stared at Deirdre, a blank smile coming to her face. ”Say what now? Something about laperci or something?” Anderung gave the white she-wolf a strange look through the corners of her eyes. She didn’t have any idea what the other was going on about. Somehow, an entire deer seemed a bit much for just the two of them, but maybe Deirdre knew something she didn’t. Maybe it had something to do with this Luperci stuff. ”Don’t you think that a deer would be a bit much for just two wolves? To take down that is, even if it did have an injury and was old or sick. As far as squirrels and rabbits go; whatever floats your boat.”

[/html]
[html]Dierdre hadn't yet reached the hunter rank in her pack, but she was hoping to get there someday. She really did like hunting more than scouting; she didn't care much for watching borderlines and greeting people. Dierdre was generally a loner, with Pilot and Phoenix being the exceptions to that rule. She didn't have a lot of friends, and didn't mind that...and she hated awkward social situations. So far she was liking being around Meer--an oddity for her.

"I have something I can use to get the deer, if you would be able to scare it out" She offered. She usually carried her bow with her, strung onto her back--and today was no exception to that. "It's right here---my bow. I can shoot an arrow at it to kill it, if I can get at the right angle"[/html]
[html]

Anderung raised an eyebrow at Deirdre. She had no idea what in the world she was talking about. The she-wolf might as well have been speaking in Greek. Violet eyes were glazed and confused as Meer shuffled her feet. ”Arrows? What’s an arrow? What are you talking about? What are Luperci?” The amber wolf was greatly confused, her brain working hard to try and make sense of things that Deirdre was saying. Not being raised with Luperci, Anderung could almost be considered a simple wolf. If, however, she knew about fire and writing, she might just be interested. Of course, she wasn’t a Luperci in the first place, so it wasn’t like she could just start reading and writing.

"No commnet >_>"

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

She had grown up around such things, and they all made sense to her. Dierdre was an avid reader, as well, and had read about the human weapons far before she'd actually touched one. When she had found that bow with Phoenix, it had been a real treasure...she used it all the time, now. "A bow? It's a big weapon that shoots these things out..that kill other...things" Maybe she wasn't the best at explaining things. "Luperci? That's like me. On two legs--I am a luperci. A "Werewolf""
[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic
Meer’s eyes widened as Deirdre said ‘werewolf’. Anderung almost had a flash back, remembering stories in the den, warning little pups not to go into the woods, about huge wolf monsters that could walk around like Men on two legs. The safety she had felt with her brother and mother, even her father at the time. ’Luperci are werewolves!?’ She thought. The she-wolf didn’t look like a monster. Anderung took a step back and nodded slowly. ”Oookay. Well, I guess we should find some deer then, huh? I can probably track one, unless you already know where a herd is?” Anderung was already testing the air, and looking around for a trail. She might not be the exceptional hunter, but she was pretty darned good at tracking. Maybe she would be acknowledged for that someday.

""

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

Dierdre was one rank away from being a hunter. Hunting was one of her favorite things to do, really...she hoped that she would get up to that rank. She loved bagging animal after animal, and putting them down to store in a cache. Then, in days to come, where there wasn't a lot of food, they would still have something to eat.

"I'm not sure where one is--so sure. That sounds fine" She was looking forward to see how another wolf tracked. "You track them down, and I'll shoot at them"
[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic

Anderung nodded to Deirdre, then looked around them. They were too deep in the forest for deer. She twitched her nose, and then moved along, twitching her tail for Deirdre to follow. Her violet eyes looked around, searching for a trail. Her ears pricked as she saw a depression in the snow. The amber wolf glanced up. Some snow was brushed from a bush. Meer’s pink tongue swept over the snow-less leaves, nose twitching. She talked over her shoulder at the other wolf. ”One passed by here recently. Keep your ears open. We’ll be looking for a stream or field. When I find it, I’ll signal you with my ears, then go around and drive it toward you.” Anderung blinked and then turned and looked at the white she-wolf. ”If that’s okay with you, of course.” Meer waited for the other’s response, but turned at the sound of snow crunching.

Anderung moved forward, quietly, trying to reduce the crunch of paws in snow as much as possible. Her nose twitched, picking up the scent of the deer. Meer flicked on of her red ears at Deirdre, hoping the other got the signal. She moved around, now seeing the deer that was standing on the edge of a field. Meer glanced back at the white-she wolf.

"Decided not to do the entire hunt without you xD"

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

The wolves were pretty heavy, and their paws made deep indents into the snow. Dierdre tried to be as quiet as she could as she followed Aderung through the Storm forests. "I see--where they've been. They aren't too careful. I've tried to track wolves down before, and wolves are so much more careful. I suppose the deer wouldnt think about it, though...that they'd be in dangers. That's why we're so much smarter than them"

She sniffed around a bit. "I think I smell something. And sure--that sounds fine"
[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic
Anderung was now standing on the other side of the deer, facing the direction she had come from with Deirdre. The amber wolf waited, hopefully giving the other enough time to do whatever with her bow. She still didn’t understand how this was supposed to work, but oh well. Meer’s ear perked as the deer suddenly looked around, its black nose twitching. Anderung bunched her muscles and leapt from the undergrowth. She ran across the field toward the deer, which had turned around and was beginning to run back toward where Deirdre should be waiting. All it was trying to do was reach the ‘safety’ of the trees.

"Short"

[/html]
[html]

Dierdre waited quietly for the deer to come her way. She was an experienced hunter, and was prepared for whatever the deer decided to do. She was a fairly big wolf, and if it did come right at her she would be fine with throwing the bow down and taking it down with just her claws and teeth. But she did hope that it didn't come to that.

The cinnamon-flecked wolf watched the deer intently. When it started running, with wide eyes, she moved a bit out of the way so that it would pass her by. Just as it came into range she knocked her arrow and pulled the string taut, releasing the arrow a moment later. It went into the deer, slowing it, and Dierdre quickly put another arrow to the string, pulling that back as well. This arrow went through the deer's head, cracking through the skull and dropping the animal immediately.

"Woo!! Look!" She came out into the clearing, motioning for her friend. "And we didn't even have to do anything, barely!"

[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic

Anderung came to a halt where the deer had fallen. Her violet eyes were wide as she looked at the deer. It had two ‘arrows’ suck into it, on directly into its head. The she-wolf looked between the deer and Deirdre. She had no objections to hunting and getting food, but something about the way that the deer had just fallen like that wasn’t right. She nodded slowly at the others comment. Anderung moved around to the deer’s head and nudged the arrow shaft with her nose.

She licked her lips nervously then looked at Deirdre. ”Yes, it was rather easy. But now what, do we call the pack or try and drag this to the den?” She cocked her head at the white wolf, ear twitching. She glanced up as a squirrel jumped through the branches of the canopy, sending down a small dusting of snow.

"Speech here."

[/html]
[html]
let's end this with your next post :3 Nice thread!

She had hunted with the bow before, and knew what to expect. She was surprised that the deer had fallen so quickly, without a fight, but that was probably a normal thing too. They had shot it through the brain, after all. The books that she'd read about anatomy had told her that brain injuries killed instantly. "They probably didn't even feel it...that's what the book told me. That you die instantly. Seems like an easier, quicker way to go."

Dierdre didn't eat squirrels, but she could go for deer. Lately all that she'd been eating was fish...it would be a welcomed change. "I think...well, since it's so cold out here the deer will be preserved. I say we take what we want from it then tell everyone else where it is so they can get some if they want to."
[/html]
[html]

I Speak this, I

this.

You "said this"

ic
Anderung nudged the deer’s head with her nose. Her violet eyes looked into the dull brown ones of the deer, open and unblinking. She looked up at Deirdre, confusion clouding her features. ”Book? I don’t know who ‘book’ is but they seem to be pretty smart.” How could she know that a book wasn’t a wolf? It didn’t make sense for Anderung that anything besides a wolf could tell anyone anything. She didn’t know as much as most of the other Storm members did. She had a lot to learn.

Anderung shrugged. ”Sounds good to me.” Meer moved forward and they proceeded to eat. 8D

"Okay ^^ It was a good thread. I'll go and get it archived I guess hehe."

[/html]