green eyes don't lie
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

For the first time since winter had started to lend its keen edge to the nightly winds, Snake had slept well—content and decently blissful, in fact. He had gone to Halifax a few days ago with Vieira and had picked up several blankets to put in his den, as well as matches to compliment the new firepit that he had dug out next to his car-den. Nowadays, he would light a fire every night and sit beside it to warm himself, and then he buried himself in the assorted blankets heaped in his car. The result? He didn’t even feel the cold air that crept through the single busted window of the ancient automobile. He had finally made himself very happy with his den.

He awoke to sunlight streaming through the windows—the kind of watery, bleary sunshine you get from the weak winter sun. He rose and exited through the passenger-side door (the only entrance to the den, as the other doors were stuck). There were still coals glowing from the fire of last night, and smoke drifted from them, spiraling towards the bright sky. Snake looked up into that cloudy sky, wondering what day it was. He knew it was December—the weather told him that. It was perhaps a week now since December had started…

A strange feeling occurred to him, and he realized after a moment that his birthday had been yesterday. He had been one year old for a whole day without even noticing. He looked down, towards the ground, as he thought of this. There was no monumental change between him now and him two days ago, so there was nothing fantastic about turning one. It was kind of a let-down, but not as much that he had forgotten his own birthday. Silently, he jumped onto the hood of his car and then onto the ceiling, where he sat and looked towards the ocean.

It wasn’t as if anyone would celebrate with him. His parents, long gone. The few friends that he had made in Inferni would not close enough to him to bring about knowledge of his turning one, and he didn’t feel like going outside the borders today. No, it seemed as though today was going to be a very fatuous un-birthday.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace; Happy 100th to you!

The party boy had been sneaking around the Inferni lands, somehow making it over to the beach before he followed his friend's scent to this place that smelt rotten, and like rust. He had his bottles of vodka in his bag, as well as some breakfast that he had fished from the ocean(he was expert at fishing, he had grown up around water and it was the first form of hunting he learned- and he knew the trick to winter already) before he had been able to find the male's scent among the many Inferni scents. He had entered the junkyard, many objects withered by time, and there were hundreds of things that where here that he had never seen before, even in Halifax. Daisuke danced along, his bag tapping his hip as he danced along, looking for the male that he had come to adore. There was something about Snake that Daisuke could not get enough of. Sure, there were others whom Daisuke enjoyed the company of, but Snake was by far the most fun for him to hang around. His emotionlessness was just something that was so interesting to the male, and he couldn't help but be attracted to him.

His eyes had caught the sight of the male. His little kitten had been tagging along, actually being a good few yards away from the golden male. The little fluff ball was busy playing with the tall grass, and chasing butterflies and such to really be concerned with Daisuke. Well that was before the male had gone into the depths of the junkyard. Then the kitten had gotten his fat little belly over to Daisuke, and followed close behind. Daisuke was wandering the junkyard for a good few minutes before he finally caught sight of his friend. He already knew he was going to be scolded for being on Inferni lands, but Daisuke couldn't help it. His curiosity always got the best of him. His tail wagged gently as he bent his audits back, and approached the male. He gave a rather submissive smile before he reached into his bag and pulled out two decent sized trout from his bag and handed one over to his friend. I hope you're hungry, my slithering little Snake. he spoke, his hand still holding out the fish for him to grab and have for breakfast. It was still early, the sun only having been up for a good hour or two.

Daisuke held his audits in a more submissive nature, as if he knew he wasn't supposed to be here, and he was expecting him to start to scold him about being here. He figured since he was already here, he might as well offer the male a meal, I mean, he had over fished for a reason, he wanted to be able to feed himself, as well as Snake and his kitten.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ntable.png); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

The somewhat unpleasant atmosphere of the Landfill no longer affected Snake. His very first home had smelled much worse, and it truly wasn’t that bad. All the organic matter that had been thrown out by the humans so long ago—and which would have caused the smell of rot—had long since returned to the earth. Now it was just piles of things that did not wear with time. Plastics, metals, rubber, synthetics. All pieces of forgotten technology that were naught but curiosities now. Snake almost felt akin to them. No matter what was said, he liked his home. It was quiet. It was lonely. It was how he had wanted to live life—for the most part, at least. He did not thoroughly enjoy company, but he did not spurn it. Caught between polar needs of solitude and socialization, he was most of the time simply prey to whatever his moods caught him in.

At this moment, he was largely indifferent… as always. He lost track of time, and the minutes began to tick by until something managed to happen. Not really to Snake’s surprise (for he knew that the wolf wouldn’t heed his warnings, no matter how he scolded him), Daisuke showed up. With the same smile on his face and even with his kitten tagging along, he seemed to be bearing gifts—two fish that looked freshly caught. Snake did not seem solicitous for his friend’s dangerous trespassing, and merely glanced at the fish and, after murmuring a quick, “One second,” he slipped from the roof of his car and moved to where the trunk was. He opened it, revealing a stash of dry kindling and firewood that was kept secure from the elements in the back of the car. He motioned for Daisuke to come to the other side of the car (as the car faced east, with the driver’s door facing the ocean; the passenger’s door-entrance and the firepit were on the south side) and then threw some firewood down on the remains of last night’s fire. It started to catch once more.

He also had with him a few lengths of wire that he kept under the car, for whatever necessary. He drew two out, holding one out to Daisuke. “Ever had cooked fish?” he asked. He had first started eating food cooked with his parents on the road, and he liked it much better than eating raw meat. He took one of the trout from Daisuke, sitting on the edge of the entrance to the car while he got around to drawing his knife and getting rid of all the guts and nonsense that probably wouldn’t taste all that good, cooked up in there. Once it was clean and gutted, he skewered it on the wire and held it out over the fire. It would take a little while, but Snake’s day was already brightened with the idea of cooked meat for breakfast.

After a few moments’ silence, he decided to bypass whatever harsh words he had for trespassing (Snake was getting to the point of just letting Daisuke get whatever punishment he asked for). And, even to his own surprise, he said in a quiet voice, “It was my birthday yesterday.” Even more surprising, “I didn’t remember it until this morning.”

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

One second, the male spoke, slipping away for a moment. Daisuke audits pricked forward as he looked around the car from the spot he had been standing in. After rustling behind the car for a moment, and throwing some wood into a pit, Snake had motioned the male, and Daisuke obediently did so, and walked over to the other male, and looked at the fire. It was his first time seeing a controlled fire. He had seen fire before, yes, and experienced what fire could do. He had never learned to make a fire, much less did he use fire to cook his food. Ever had cooked fish? the male asked. Daisuke shook his head and grabbed the piece of wire the male had handed to him. He didn't know what to do so he kind of just looked at it for a moment before he looked to see if the kitten had followed. It did, but it had made it's way on top of the car and it laid there, watching the two silly wolf men. Cooked fish? If you mean put fish in the fire, no, I haven't. I don't know much about fire except that it burns, and that it's dangerous. the boy admitted to the other before he watched the other clean out the fishes guts. Daisuke was slightly confused. Why would you want to clean out all the good stuff? Daisuke just didn't understand. Regardless, he copied the male, though instead of a knife, he had only his claws and hands to work with. (he didn't want to use his twins because they were more for stabbing and slicing rather than actually cleaning fish and smaller jobs.)

Daisuke too skewered the fish with his wire, though much more sloppy than Snake. His fish was skewered none the less though, and it would work, it just didn't look as neat as Snake's. The golden hatchling put his fish over the fire like his friends'. Silence dropped between the two. Daisuke was silent because he was waiting for Snake to scold, and Snake probably being quiet just because he was like that at random moments. Daisuke did not sit in true silence though, his mind had been busy making music for him to listen to instead of listening to the silence and the crackling of fire. Oceanic orbs went to his friend. It was my birthday yesterday. I didn’t remember it until this morning. the male spoke. Daisuke looked at the male with shock laced on his handsome features. He was shocked that Snake would miss his own birthday. The male bust out with a cackle at the words. Forgetting your birthday, eh?! That's a new one. You're the last one I'd expect to forget. the male spoke, his cackle turning into a soft chuckle as he looked at his friend. We should celebrate it today then. How about that? And a Happy Late Birthday to you, Snake, m'love. he spoke, a smile lacing his facials.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Snake was vaguely pleased that he would be enlightening Daisuke to the wonders of cooked food this day. The golden wolf seemed fascinated with the fire that the coyote tended to, and which now was crackling and hissing, though tame in its stone-encircled pit. Out of the corner of one olive eye, Snake caught the black-and-white motion of the pet kitten jumping to where he had been just a moment ago. The animal now surveyed them with wry eyes—Snake almost thought that there was more ratiocination in that mind than should be in a dumb animal. It was somewhat eerie.

And yet the coyote had before acknowledged the fact that how he was raised was somewhat more “advanced” than how Daisuke was—which wasn’t hard, as the other boy was new to being a lycanthrope anyways. “Humans used fire all the time, bent it to their will,” he explained, not even having to really be asked anymore. “They cooked with it, melted steel with it, used it for light and warmth—it’s dangerous still, but once you know how to keep it well, it’s valuable.” Especially in combating the frigid cold that set in some of these rainy nights, Snake thought.

He kept his eyes on the fish once he put it over the fire, making sure he wouldn’t burn it (Snake hated burnt food), and kept his eyes there when he delivered the news of his forgetfulness. He could still see the expression on the golden features of Daisuke, however, and he felt somewhat embarrassed. One usually shouldn’t forget their first birthday, right? That was supposed to be one of their bigger moments in life? Snake had had too many what might be wrong with me? moments to really even notice them anymore. Just another stake driven between him and everyone else, but he didn’t mind. Having a late birthday didn’t bother him at all.

While it interested him that Daisuke would think him last to forget a certain date (Snake, having little knowledge of time or age, so rarely cared that he was amazed he remembered at all), he put that thought away and nodded to the idea of celebrating today. “Sounds good to me,” he agreed, retrieving the fish from the fire for a moment to give it a more scrutinizing look. It still didn’t look quite ready, so he returned it to its toasty position above the crackling flames. He glanced towards the glove compartment near the entrance to his den (where he usually kept his booze and other drink and food) before remembering that he had polished off the last bottle of vodka he’d taken last night—he was supposed to have gone to Halifax today to get more. He looked to Daisuke, his face somewhat curious. “Did you bring anything to drink? I finished my last bottle last night,” he asked, explaining once more without having to be asked. Snake had become a little more chatty since first arriving in ‘Souls, and he wouldn’t doubt for a moment that the wolf before him had a hand in it.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Table © Sace

Humans used fire all the time, bent it to their will, They cooked with it, melted steel with it, used it for light and warmth—it’s dangerous still, but once you know how to keep it well, it’s valuable the other male spoke. Daisuke's mouth formed a 'o' as he sat there and listened. If there was anything he loved, Daisuke loved learning about new things, and Snake was one of the more helpful sources he figured since the male had known about a lot of things, though he also figured that Snake still had a lot to learn since he could not read a book, like he knew some others could. Could you teach me how to handle a fire, Snake? It seems like it's a useful skill. the male asked, his voice sweet, innocent, loving. His eyes pleading for the male to consider helping him learn. In this world, all he could do was learn. After all, he felt like he was disadvantaged since he had come from buttfuck middle of nowhere island. If the male had been born to luperci, then he would more than likely been educated, but since he didn't, he wasn't. Daisuke was tempted to go back to Zirenta and show them all what he was now, what he had found beyond the island. Daisuke liked it here too much though. Daisuke didn't want to leave his Snake all alone, no, he never wanted to.

Snake had looked at his fish, while Daisuke had just been watching his cook in the fire. He didn't think it would be done. The other male checked and then put it back in. He figured that he was right to keep it in, so he did. Sounds good to me, the male spoke, and Daisuke gave the male a bright smile. Did you bring anything to drink? I finished my last bottle last night. the male then asked, and Daisuke was quick to nod his head. Yeah I brought two bottles with me, I felt like it might need it for some reason. We should go get more though, I only have a bottle left as well after these two go. the male answered to the coyot. Daisuke then reached his hand back into his bag and pulled out the two bottles of vodka he had sitting in there. He handed one to his friend before he looked back at Schwarz, just making sure the feline was still around and not doing anything stupid. The feline simply looked at it's master and mewed before it dismounted the car and went and sat in the golden boy's lap. Daisuke smiled lightly at the kitten and gave it a little content "purr" (it was more of a growl, since he couldn't purr) before he looked back to his friend. I decided to name him "Schwarz". I met someone named that, and the kitty reminded me of that guy. he spoke, shrugging his shoulders, explaining where he had heard the name from.

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... he/st2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; padding-bottom: 160px; text-align: justify;">

“Sure,” Snake agreed easily enough. He could probably show Daisuke pretty easily how to gather firewood and dig a proper place to keep the fire, and how to surround it with stones so you didn’t go about burning the forest down—though it rained so often that he doubted it would catch so badly as that. Still, that was no reason to palliate the dangers of fire; Snake was always very careful when tending to his. “It’s all about getting the fire started and keeping it contained. Both are pretty easy. If you have dry firewood and a match, you can get a fire started no problem. Usually it’s safest, though, to keep it in a pit surrounded by rocks… otherwise it may decide to run from you and set everything aflame.” Snake had never seen a wildfire before, but he knew that they were very dangerous.

At Daisuke telling him that he had brought two bottles along, Snake smiled slightly. “Lucky,” he commented, reaching out and accepting the bottle of vodka from the wolf. “Yeah, we’ll go back to the city later and get some more. There’s loads of the stuff there—bunch of drunks.” Another smile flickered on his features before disappearing once more, much like the sparks that the fire sent spiraling into the sky on eddies of smoke. He popped the seal on the liquor with his knife and, after stowing the blade away and taking a swig, he looked to the two-toned cat as Daisuke explained his naming of it while it clambered into the golden wolf’s lap. “Sounds good,” he answered. If he had kept a cat, he’d probably just call it Cat. Snake was not very sentimental, especially not towards “dumb” (as in, non-speaking) animals and objects. He wouldn’t go as far as naming any of them.

Judging that his fish was pretty much done, he retrieved it from the fire and blew on it gently, so he wouldn’t scorch himself on the first bite. After it cooled down and after a few more drinks from the bottle of vodka, he took a bite. It was great, and it reminded him greatly of life months past with his parents. He wondered if they had remembered his birthday yesterday… and then that thought made Snake feel awkward. Sometimes he wished they wouldn’t think of him at all—he would hate to cause them any worry. He hated to cause anyone trouble, generally. “The fish is good,” he announced, taking another drink. “The vodka is too.” Then he sank into silence.

Sometimes he did get drawn into thinking about his future. He enjoyed life in ‘Souls, but mostly he feared that was because it was better than life would be in the winter anywhere else. When spring and summer arrived and everything thawed and grew sunny once more, what would he do then? Would he maybe get the thoughts of traveling engrained in his head, or would he remain here in Inferni? Though his loyalty was questionable, he liked most of whom he had met here. Things would just have to occur as they did, he thought. He took another bite from the fish pensively.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Yey, happy 100th to meh! *dances*

What's with the fascination with the Echelon
What's with the constant questions that you have this time?

Sure, It’s all about getting the fire started and keeping it contained. Both are pretty easy. If you have dry firewood and a match, you can get a fire started no problem. Usually it’s safest, though, to keep it in a pit surrounded by rocks… otherwise it may decide to run from you and set everything aflame. the male explained, and Daisuke listened intently, storing the little pieces of information that Snake had always offered to the male. Daisuke watched the male's lips move, taking in every movement of the male's face (though the only thing that really moved was the male's mouth, for he did not twitch his face with emotion). Fire could be a tricky devil. I don't know what a match is. Could you show me? the male commented with a little smile on his lips as he stroked the feline that was sitting in his lap. Oceanic orbs went to the feline for a second before he let a small shiver run up his spine (from the breeze that had past, or from the presence of his friend, he did not know. He figured it was the wind though) and then he looked back up at his friend.

Lucky, Yeah, we’ll go back to the city later and get some more. There’s loads of the stuff there—bunch of drunks. the male agreed and Daisuke nodded his head lightly. Sounds good the male spoke about the name. Daisuke smiled brightly and his tail thumped lightly against the ground at the small compliment. Snake, Are you prepared for the winter? Do you have enough blankets and stuff to keep you warm? the male asked, slightly more worried about his friend rather than himself. Daisuke knew that he would be the one whom had slightly more of a hard time in the winter, especially since he was alone, and only his feline for companionship. He also would more than likely be burying himself into a sand den, or a cave for the cold winter nights, again only having his feline for company and for warmth. He didn't mind the life of a loner, but was it time to join a pack? Daisuke shook his head lightly, but then thought of something. An adventure. He let the thought chill under a big bucket for later.

Daisuke watched as the male had retrieved his fish from the fire, and he followed right after, taking his out and letting it chill before going to eat it. Fire was hot, and he figured that anything sitting in fire would be hot as well, plus the fish was steaming, and he really didn't think he should put it to his mouth just yet. In the time that he had for it to cool, he opened his bottle of vodka, and then reached into his bag again and pulled out a third smaller fish for the feline. He threw it off to the side, away from the fire, and the feline jumped out of the male's lap and ran over to the fish, eagerly. Daisuke took a few swigs of the bottle of his, before looking back to Snake. The fish is good, The vodka is too. the male spoke. Daisuke wagged his tail. He took it as a compliment just really because Daisuke had come bearing the gifts that he didn't think were so appropriate(though he always would justify the gifts given at a later time, and that would more likely be after he had given the gift.). Daisuke smiled lightly before he, too picked up his fish and took a bite out of it. The taste that flooded his mouth was utterly amazing to him, and he was very impressed. It is delicious! Cooked definitely tastes amazing! the male agreed and wiggled lightly in his spot, and made a content squeak come from his throat. He took a few more swigs of his bottle as well as a few more bites of his fish, silence dropping like a curtain between the two, though Daisuke was sitting there in his own world that music always played in, his body even reflecting the fact by him bobbing his head and bouncing his upper body up and down.

It was always so hard for that boy to sit still.

What's with this circumstantial consequence?
Find oversight before this night will ever rise again
It's all you've got inside your head, better get up and leave instead!

[/html]
Congrats! Big Grin

[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Snake nodded, and set his meal and bottle down so that he could rise and move towards his den. He rifled around in the glove compartment (which held things like empty bottles of booze and scores of matchbooks) before retrieving a container of the small, incendiary sticks. He sat down next to the fire once more, picking out one match from the rest and showing it to Daisuke. Then he closed the matchbook and struck the match against the back, where the metal that caused the spark was. With a small hiss the match lit, and Snake held it, burning, between his fingers. “It’s a hell of a lot easier method to starting fires. The other ones usually involve rubbing two sticks together until they spontaneously catch,” the coyote said gruffly. He had started a fire that way—once. Never again, if he had better means.

He set the matchbook down and took another bite of the breakfast, glancing up when Daisuke continued, seeming concerned for his wellbeing in the winter. The coyote shrugged his broad shoulders. “I’m fine. I’ve got a fire and decent amounts of blankets—I went to Halifax with a clan-mate and we brought back maybe a dozen of them.” Snake had personally kept maybe five of them, which was more than enough. He was used to sleeping without any cover in the open elements—life here at his solitary den was like paradise next to that.

In the meanwhile, Daisuke seemed to have had his eyes opened to the wonders of cooked food. Another vague smile flickered past Snake’s features as he nodded, taking another bite and drink. He looked towards the fire for a moment, enjoying his after-birthday breakfast for the most part. The wolf’s question seemed curious enough to him that he went to mirror it, “Where have you chosen to stay during the winter?” Not having any kind of permanent den seemed… improbable, though he wouldn’t put it past Daisuke. The wolf had surprised him before.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: danke!*dances*

A warning to the people
the good, and the evil

It’s a hell of a lot easier method to starting fires. The other ones usually involve rubbing two sticks together until they spontaneously catch the male had spoke after retrieving a matchbook and taking one out, then flipping the matchbook over and striking the match head to the metal strip on the back of it. It lit, and Daisuke was almost amazed by the instant fire. It was pure awesomeness to him. He wagged his tail and nodded his head. That way does seem a lot easier. the male let the words fall off of his lips. He figured he would look for a matchbook the next time he went to Halifax (which would more than likely be with this boy). Daisuke listened on as his friend went to speak about Daisuke's second question. I’m fine. I’ve got a fire and decent amounts of blankets—I went to Halifax with a clan-mate and we brought back maybe a dozen of them. the male spoke. Daisuke nodded his head. So the clan did look out for each other. They all probably worked hard for the winter. Daisuke as a loner only worked for himself, and no other (well besides his feline) and even then he was sometimes more into helping some other being and he would forget about himself. He was selfless. Good, I would hate for you to freeze this winter. It feels like it's going to get pretty cold. he spoke, nodding his head lightly before he looked back to his fish and took another bite.

Daisuke had nothing really that would help him be warm in the winter, again his absent mindedness falling into play when he would shop, really looking for stuff that he gift to others rather than him being concerned about himself and what he was supposed to do for Winter. Where have you chosen to stay during the winter? the boy rebounded with his own question. Daisuke's audits pricked towards his friend, since the male had been in mid-bite when he heard the question. He took his bite, chewed it a bit and then swallowed before he answered. Not really. I have a few caves that I know of that are kinda mine, but I doubt I'll stay in one place during the whole winter. I might even follow the herds. I haven't decided yet though. the male spoke, shrugging his furry shoulders as he took another swig. He didn't plan for the future. The future would just really come to him, and then he would deal with it when it came up. Maybe this was a reason he was so ignorant to the world around him.

I may even join a pack for the winter. Though, I do not like the scent of a pack on my fur, so I still am not too sure about it. the male then added, his shoulders shrugging once more, to really indicate that he had no clue what he was going to do with himself. That reminds me. Why did you join a pack? he asked the male, his head tilting to the side for a moment.

This is war
To the soldier, the civilian, the martyr, the victim.
We will fight to the death!

[/html]
[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/n66ogz.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 155px; text-align: justify;">

Though he was technically involved with Inferni, Snake still felt as though he was still independent. He was not one to go out and socialize with the other coyotes. He did not hunt with others. He barely even knew his leaders or clan-mates. He mostly stayed in his section of Inferni—the section that most other coyotes did not go—and minded his own business. It wasn’t as if this was not what he wanted; it was exactly what he wanted. When he needed help or when they needed help, he would go and do so. But, otherwise, he lived alone, like coyotes were used to doing.

He didn’t fear for winter weather, because he could adapt. If he grew cold as the snows and ice approached, he would seal up his den better and he would get more blankets. No big deal. So he merely shrugged at Daisuke’s worries, though he was somewhat flattered that anyone would care about him. Within the whole wide world, the coyote was beginning to think that the only people who cared if he lived or died was the wolf before him and his parents (though certainly to a less extent, he believed). He wasn’t sure how to regard that realization.

What Daisuke proposed he would do in the winter seemed functional, though Snake himself wouldn’t really go about doing it. He’d rather stay in one place that he knew was good and range as wide as he needed to in order to get food. But nomadic lifestyle worked, and perhaps it worked better for the golden wolf than it did the coyote. He nodded, thinking himself that Daisuke was one who lived in the moment and didn’t consider the future. Snake was sometimes the same, though he tended to consider tomorrow in addition to today.

The thought of the loner in a pack brought a small smile to Snake’s lips, though it disappeared with the next bite of his fish. “Do whatever you feel like,” he merely suggested—there was no reason signing up with a wolf pack if you didn’t want to. It was a lot of responsibility, and Snake wasn’t sure how Daisuke would do, shackled with such things. As for the question directed at him, Snake cleared his throat with a drink of the burning vodka before replying, “I wasn’t looking to do so. I came across the borders here and a coyote, Hezekiah, met me. When I heard it was a coyote clan, I thought that it must be dangerous for my kind if they choose to group together behind fences of skulls, so I thought it best for me to join as well.” He looked up from his meal to his friend, his eyes a little more solemn and his voice somewhat hushed. “Nothing sentimental ties me here. The moment that the relationship between me and Inferni becomes less than beneficial to me is the day I pack up and get going.”

He had not told anyone these thoughts of his until now. Luckily, Snake was pretty certain that Daisuke wouldn’t go whispering such things into the ears of the Inferni leaders.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Beautiful new table <3

A warning to the people
the good, and the evil

Do whatever you feel like, the other male nodded and started to speak. Daisuke didn't know what to do. He figured that if the winter got to be too much for him, then he would join a pack. That's what he figured anyways. I wasn’t looking to do so. I came across the borders here and a coyote, Hezekiah, met me. When I heard it was a coyote clan, I thought that it must be dangerous for my kind if they choose to group together behind fences of skulls, so I thought it best for me to join as well. the male explained. So it was the pressure of the coyotes that caused his friend to join a pack. Daisuke didn't really crumble under pressure, but it seemed like Snake had been thinking about his own well being. It was true, that the male would be safe within the walls of Inferni, mainly because Daisuke probably was the only one whom had the balls to keep on going back onto Inferni even when three out of four of the times he had visited he had been attacked. Or in his world "played a game". Aye. You were new around here when you joined then? he asked, figuring that the answer was that "yes" he had been new around the place before he joined.

Nothing sentimental ties me here. The moment that the relationship between me and Inferni becomes less than beneficial to me is the day I pack up and get going. the male went on the speak. Daisuke was slightly surprised that the male would tell him this, but then again, the two had something in common on that plane. If Daisuke was to join a pack, it would only be to where it was beneficial to himself, and not so much loyalty would be placed in the pack as a whole. This didn't mean that he was a traitor, no, he would never be a traitor, but rather than focus on a whole, he tended to be a wolf whom was loyal to individuals. He didn't even like packs too much, simply because they claimed land as theirs, when mother earth belonged to no man. That sounds like a plan. Wherever you decide to go, could I go with you? Would you tell me when you leave? he asked, almost worried that his friend would leave him behind completely if he had the chance.

Daisuke took another swig of his drink, and another few bites of his fish (these bites being the ones that finished the fish off) and as he finished his meal, he put the bones to the side and then looked back to his companion. He was already starting to get a buzz from the vodka. His vision was sharpening, the fire and everything seeming to just be ten time clearer to him for some reason. The alcohol was getting in his brain and fucking it up by now, only being able to be described as a bunch of punk rockers busting into the door of his mind and kicking and smashing everything within his mind. The imagery was quite amusing, even to him. He let a drunken giggle fall from his lips before he attempted to speak once again. Snakey... he started, adding a "y" at the end of his friends' name, sounding rather feminine. How many wolf packs are there really around here? I've only seen this place called Pheonix Valley, and Cour Des Miracles. the male asked, wondering if the male knew of how many packs really were around. For now, he knew of only three, including Inferni...

This is war

[/html]
Thanks! I loved the song the lyrics are from so much I decided to make a table. ^^

[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/n66ogz.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 155px; text-align: justify;">

It hadn’t been as much peer pressure that Snake had joined Inferni—more like his incessant instinct of self-preservation for him. And he had no problems subjecting himself before a clan as he had, because he had no problems with authority. As much as he would personally object, Snake was not a leading man. He was a supporter, someone in the background, a puppet who was pulled along on the Fates’ strings—at least as long as he thought it was good for him. Whenever he thought that the Fates were taking somewhere he did not appreciate, he would overpower them to draw his knife and cut those lines.

He answered Daisuke’s first question automatically, “Yes, I was relatively new to the area at the time. I had to come all the way from the southwest, though, so I passed all the wolf packs. It was somewhat comforting to find a group of coyotes here.” He had felt pretty threatened, as he knew from experience that wolves got extremely testy when someone like him was anywhere near their precious pack lands. Because he was a coyote, he naturally wanted to steal within their borders to take their food, their women, and whatever else wandered across his tainted mind. Snake did not often hate—as he did not often feel much of anything—but he disdained being branded.

The wolf’s next question was not one to be answered so quickly, however. Snake had, moments ago, finished the cooked fish and had placed the remaining skeleton beside him. Now he held the bottle of vodka in his hands, and he looked at the firelight reflect off of the polished surface as he contemplated it. He was not really a social guy—he had barely interacted with his parents when traveling with them, and he lived alone in Inferni. Would he tell Daisuke if he left? He certainly felt obligated to, as this golden wolf was the only one who had so selflessly offered friendship to him—to someone who probably didn’t deserve such friendship, for how he acted towards others. Eventually and after some contemplation, Snake replied without moving his gaze, “I would tell you, and it would be your choice whether or not you wanted to come.” He would never force anyone to do something, especially something as silly as accompany him. Snake felt like he was terrible company—he didn’t know why Daisuke put up with him.

Though the liquor that had been passed between them had done nothing to Snake (whom had been drinking the fiery liquids like he would drink water since he could stomach them), it certainly seemed to have put his golden companion’s head into a daze. His giggle brought Snake’s olive gaze up towards him, and his hooded gaze grew somewhat cryptic, though he made no comment. Affectionate nicknames weren’t really his thing, but he didn’t feel like correcting the buzzed wolf. When he posed his question of the wolf packs, Snake looked up as he tried to remember what was told to him a few months ago. “There’re more than that. There’s Dahlia de Mai to the southwest—they are Inferni’s primary ‘enemy’. And there are a few others, but I can’t remember their names. One had a strange name that seemed to be in a different language, Any-something? The other had to do with a color.” He set his jaw as he tried to remember, but eventually gave up. Those other packs were so far to the southwest that he barely cared.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: <3

A warning to the people
the good, and the evil

Yes, I was relatively new to the area at the time. I had to come all the way from the southwest, though, so I passed all the wolf packs. It was somewhat comforting to find a group of coyotes here. the male began by answering a question. He was from the southwest of here, while Daisuke had come from the northeast. They probably were complete opposites. In more than one way. Daisuke smiled lightly to the other male. He guessed that the 'yotes were more concerned about their-selves and their safety than very much of anything else. This was probably why they were so protective of the borders, because infiltration of the borders meant that their wall had not worked, that they were not safe. Though, Daisuke barely considered himself anything but a friend to the clan, he still was more than likely rejected without another thought. The only one in Inferni to even think about being with the loner wolf was Snake, and Daisuke appreciated it. Daisuke loved it really. He loved that he was able to be friends with a coyote, no matter what. Daisuke let the explanation of the male fall into silence as he noticed that the other had gone into silence, as if he was in deep thought about the male's former question.

This silence made Daisuke's brain go insane. The worry that the male didn't want Daisuke around was going through his head. He hated the worry. It almost made him want to cry. Because Snake leaving him without a word would probably be more traumatic to him than even his mother being murdered by his brother. why? Because Daisuke found their friendship to be something that was one of the most beautiful friendships in the entire planet. He did not want to loose it. Never did he want to loose it. I would tell you, and it would be your choice whether or not you wanted to come. the male finally spoke back to him. Daisuke let his tail wag finally, it growing still in the silence. The male let out a content whine as he heard the male say that he would inform him if he was leaving. Of course I would accompany you, Snakey! We could have so many adventures! We could go to Russia! Like Heath said! the male spoke excitedly to the other. The male held a big grin on his maw now, just because the boy had made him happy.

There’re more than that. There’s Dahlia de Mai to the southwest—they are Inferni’s primary ‘enemy’. And there are a few others, but I can’t remember their names. One had a strange name that seemed to be in a different language, Any-something? The other had to do with a color. the male went on the speak about the packs. Dahia De Mai was not on good terms with Inferni obviously, so it wouldn't be smart for Daisuke to join that pack in hope to be closer to his friend. Daisuke guessed that Snake didn't remember the others because they held no importance to him really. Daisuke offered some help to the male. The one in another language is Cour Des Miracles, I'm sure. That's where Mr. Heath, and Miss Svara, and Miss Alaine live at. he spoke, holding one finger up. He held that smile still on his maw. But I don't think anything else sounds like Phoenix Valley that you're talking about, to those other two are just two other ones. So that makes what, five packs excluding the clan? That means I have four packs to choose from. the buzzed male spoke, taking off a pack since he now knew that Dahlia was an enemy to Inferni, and that was the last end he would want to be on. If he was to join the pack, it would be benefit to Inferni, not to Dahlia. Daisuke would make sure of that.

This is war

[/html]
[html]

His answer pleased Daisuke, to say the least—he immediately vowed that he would accompany him, and as far as to go to Russia… wherever that was. Snake’s dark-tipped tail flicked behind him, perhaps content, though he wasn’t sure if he was getting up and leaving Inferni any time soon. He would not leave during the winter, and probably not even if his membership here became particularly burdensome. Something about having a home to return to every night when the weather got bitter was very comforting, and something he did not want to lose just yet.

And though he was somewhat happy that he had made his friend happy by telling him he would call if he was going to leave, he was somewhat confused. He had never really understood why friendship had sprung between them, except that it was the living personification of the old saying, “Opposites attracted”. Daisuke seemed very social, and loved to talk. Snake seemed to disdain words most of the time. Daisuke filled his world full of imagination and music and all sorts of other colorful things while Snake’s world was cut-and-dry, black-and-white. It was intriguing to say the least, though Snake sometimes wished that it was a little less, just so Daisuke would stop traipsing back into Inferni territory. But it didn’t seem like he could do anything about that now.

Cour des Miracles wasn’t the one that he couldn’t remember—the language had not sounded European, though he still couldn’t put a finger on it—but he didn’t speak up to inform the wolf of this. Snake was, as usual, under the impression that it didn’t really matter one way or the other. He considered not mentioning this next part, but did as well, “I think that Hezekiah told me that we are not on good relations with Phoenix Valley, either.” They were probably not on good terms with any of the wolf packs, but this had only culminated into actual aggravation on both sides with Inferni and these two groups because they were closer together.

“So I suppose that makes three,” he commented, recognizing that, if Daisuke decided to go to a pack and wanted to keep away from those that were outwardly aggressive towards Inferni, he would probably have to move out to one of the more distant ones. He didn’t really think it mattered—he doubted a longer walk would deter the buoyant wolf from visiting anyway. “Would you really join a pack if it got bad enough in the winter? You don’t strike me as the type.” Of course, Snake was probably not the type to be in a clan, but he did not recognize the slight hypocrisy that escaped from his mouth. But regardless, the image of Daisuke arriving on the borders of any one of those mysterious wolf packs to the south with his kitten at his heels was somewhat amusing, if not simply for the incongruity. His friend struck him as someone who didn’t really recognize authority, though the social aspect of the pack was probably more for him. As usual, the exact opposite of Snake.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: <3

Maybe tonight we can forget about it all
It could be just like heaven

I think that Hezekiah told me that we are not on good relations with Phoenix Valley, either. the male spoke. Daisuke pulled his hand through his spikey hair and then shrugged. That is no surprise actually. the male commented before he habitually went and touched the scar that the feo from PV had made on his leg. So I suppose that makes three, the male then spoke. Daisuke nodded his head. Cour is beautiful. I've seen the lands myself. And the wolves there are pretty cool too. the male spoke, but the cour lands were far from Inferni, and he didn't want to be far away to where he couldn't hear the howl of his friend. Would you really join a pack if it got bad enough in the winter? You don’t strike me as the type. the other male asked. Daisuke cocked his he to his friend.

The winter would have to be beating my ass for me to do it. he started off, before he paused for a moment and then continued. You know, I was born and raised in a pack, so I know what it's like. I just don't... he paused in the middle, trying to think of the right word to put in there. I just don't like how there are borders. I don't like having to be blocked off from any one section because it's "packlands" or whatever. What gives us the right to claim lands when mother earth gave herself to us for us all to share? the male spoke, sounding much like a hippie as he spoke, but he really couldn't help it, only because this was the way he thought of it. But to answer your question more clearly, yeah, I would join a pack if I couldn't make it on my own. I'm still not keen on the idea though the male spoke, a sigh falling from his lips lightly. He hated to think about joining a pack. It was too much structure, not enough Anarchy for him. Plus the borders bullshit.

If you finds out more about the packs before I do, would you share with me? I really would like to know the area, ya' know? the male spoke before he remembered that he had his vodka in his hand, and he took another swig of the drink.

I am a machine
No longer living, just a shell of what I dreamed!

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... -8copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was truly too bad that the pack that seemed best fit for Daisuke was so far away, though if it was truly so vital for him, Snake would come out there to call for him then if he had something important to say. Distance didn’t really mean much to him. Neither did time. Both passed when you put your mind to it, and especially when you started moving and let your mind lie dormant. That was pretty much the state that he had traveled here in—practically automaton.

Since he was finished eating, Snake moved somewhat to where his back was against the side of his car-den, his legs stretched in front of him and with vodka in hand. He listened to Daisuke speak of how he thought of packs, taking sips periodically from the fiery liquor as he considered it. He had, naturally, never been very touchy-feely for the earth, and he surely did not believe in any kind of Earthmother that gave them what they had to live on. In truth Snake’s beliefs were very sparse—he was not staunchly disbelieving, but he merely thought such things were above him. So he shrugged, a frown flickering across his face. “It’s just how things are. Luperci and normal canines claim lands to make it easier for them to survive.” Sure, nomadic lifestyle was fine, but the dawn of civilization had come when the first humans decided to stay and farm instead of follow the herds.

He largely understood Daisuke’s standpoint, though. It was the same as Snake’s, except that Snake’s came from his personality in general. Daisuke’s came from beliefs. “Living easier’s the only reason why I joined Inferni,” he said, taking a drink from the vodka. It was nearly empty now. “It’s nice having a den with a fire to go to every night. Nice to have hunting grounds you know well. That sort of thing.”

As for sharing information, Snake had no reason not to. “Sure,” he replied, taking one last deep swig of the vodka. It was finished now, and his hunger and thirst were thoroughly satiated. He placed the bottle aside—he would put it in a more hidden corner of the landfill later—and then stared at the fire. He didn’t have anything else to say.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short because I'm exhausted. Blagh T.T next will be better promises <3

Under the burning sun
I take a look around

It’s just how things are. Luperci and normal canines claim lands to make it easier for them to survive. the male answered. Daisuke shrugged. He still was skeptical about the idea of a pack. Actually he almost hated the whole deal with the packs. I dunno. I guess that makes sense. he spoke and shrugged a third time before the male took the last few sips of his vodka and once he was finished, he put it next to him with the bones. He then let out a small yawn before he cocked his brow and looked at the male once again. “Living easier’s the only reason why I joined Inferni, It’s nice having a den with a fire to go to every night. Nice to have hunting grounds you know well. That sort of thing. the other male explained. Daisuke did remember the feeling of having to go home as a young lad in Qixak. The male never wanted to go home. But he had to, or the dragon would come out and seek the boy. If there was anything that you didn't want to do, it was to get the dragon mad, because even though the golden one was a water dragon, he still had a sharp tongue and acid fangs. Daisuke imagined his father as something spectacular. The male was nothing more but another solid golden wolf. Though..Kisuke had been a huge animal, the reason he was called "the dragon" by his mate, and his children. He was still labeled as such, even though the male had long passed away. Daisuke nodded his head, almost absently as the male made a point. I guess it's nice. I never really wanted a home. I wanted to be able to adventure everyday to a new place. Having a home means having someone always waiting up for you, when they could be next to you, enjoying your company. the male spoke, again shrugging.

Sure the male simply said about sharing information. Daisuke did a little dance before it was interrupted by a hiccup. Following the hiccup was a drunken giggle. Yay! the male exclaimed before he found that big ol' bucket that was turned over in his mind. I think we should have a birthday adventure...Know any special places that are nice to go to? the male asked, his brow cocking at the other male.

Imagine if this all came down
I'm waiting for this day to come!

[/html]
In your next post, you can RP them already at the springs—no need to really explain the journey, I wouldn't think.

[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... -8copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Daisuke nodded and said that he understood, though Snake doubted that he agreed—and he doubted that he would ever agree. Snake was certainly not out to try and change minds, so he didn’t mind in the least. If his friend wished to remain a nomad amongst the unclaimed lands of the chilly Atlantic coast and commune with nature, he was welcome to. The coyote, on the other hand, was very pleased with his involvement in Inferni, and liked having his cozy car-den to return to after a day’s worth of hunting, patrolling, and other general things.

He didn’t respond to the wolf’s reflections on why he chose to live outside of packs, especially since he didn’t really comprehend his sentiments. Snake was not a social creature—most everyone could notice that, and it was especially out of character that this friendship had sprung up between him and the golden-furred lone wolf. Usually when he bid someone goodbye, he was glad. Speaking to others, having to continue conversations, it was all taxing to him. He was always relieved to go home to his den, light a fire, eat something, and enjoy the sounds of the night. It was the simple things that made Snake the most content, really.

The coyote remained quiet, watching the fire writhe in its stone prison and hearing it crack and hiss. He only glanced up when Daisuke celebrated the knowledge of Snake agreeing to share any important news with him, broken up by a hiccup and a giggle. You need to learn to hold your booze better, the coyote thought neutrally, though he didn’t say anything aloud.

As for a place to go visit, Snake did know of a place, though they would have to traverse most of the Inferni lands to get there. The coyote pondered this, standing up and leaning against the side of the car. “Yeah… but it’s in Inferni. We’ll have to move fast, and if anyone comes across us, just leave the talking to me.” He was sure he’d be able to convince any of the other coyotes that he was merely escorting a prisoner out of the lands… or something. Why shouldn’t they? He hadn’t done anything traitorous yet. Or not anything that they knew of.

The coyote lycanthrope then began to walk northwards, and slightly east. Once they reached the coast they would follow it around the bend of the bay and then somewhat west, eventually turning north to where great, rolling clouds of pale smoke roiled into the skies. Of course, it wasn’t smoke—there was no fire. He was going to show his friend the place that he had discovered with Kaena only days prior, a place where volcanic heat warmed the waters of a spring. Because the air was so cold, the warm air condensed and formed a towering cloud of steam that stretched to the skies above Hades Coast. Daisuke should feel quite lucky in this—Snake didn’t think any outsider had seen this place yet.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I was hoping you'd pick the springs to go to <3

The unified divide
Among and then deny
Now could you kindly cut to the chase?

Again, the other was silent. Daisuke couldn't help but wonder if his mind was moving in his head when there was silence, or if the male was completely blank in his mind as well. Daisuke shrugged absent mindedly as this thought passed his buzzed mind. Daisuke sat in silence before he clicked his tongue to his feline, whom had finished as much as the fish he was going to eat, his bloated belly waddling back and forth as he trotted over to the male. Daisuke picked the feline up and rubbed his nose onto the feline's nose gently before he hugged it close to his chest. He was getting attached to the feline, and it was pretty obvious by the way he interacted with it.
Yeah… but it’s in Inferni. We’ll have to move fast, and if anyone comes across us, just leave the talking to me the male spoke to him, answering his question about somewhere to go. The sound of them going deeper into Inferni was something that was completely unsuspected from the male (Daisuke figuring that Snake would want to adventure the male out of the lands instead of back within the lands more.) but hell, Daisuke wasn't complaining! In fact, the male's tail wagged, and he held an adventurous smile on his maw. He was excited. Very much so.

The two were quick to get up, and start their adventure through the plains of Inferni. If he noticed anything about the packlands, it was how sparse it was. It was interesting to say the least. The two made it quickly across the terra, surprisingly not running into any other coyotes on the way. It only took them a good twenty minutes of travel for them to get that their destination. And once they had got to the location, Daisuke had wondered what exactly was this place. He had never seen anything like a hot spring before, but it was water, and Daisuke loved himself some water. His tail wagged lightly as he looked at the water, and he leaned down and put his hand within it. This is the place right? Oh, please tell me this is the place, Snakey! the male spoke, pleading that they were in the right place. Daisuke wanted to swim so bad now that he has seen the water.

He looked at his friend. His oceanic orbs finding themselves looking into the olive green ones of his friends'. Daisuke found his face getting heated though, was he blushing? What for? Daisuke honestly didn't know, and it caused him to suddenly look away from his friend, and back to the water for a moment. This place is soooo cool Snakee! the male continued on, trying to shrug the awkward moment off. Daisuke sat down on the ledge of the pool of water and he stuck his feet in first and then looked to Schwarz. Hay, Schwarzy, you might not want to come in here. It's wet... the male spoke tot he feline, whom did take the male's warning and he jumped from his master's shoulder and onto the ground. He proceeded to move himself ontop of a large boulder that overlooked the pool that Daisuke was about to submerge himself into. You're coming in, yes? the male asked as he then stood up in the water, making water go up to almost his hips. The male's tail wagged gently, lightly flinging water around him.

It's like some other song
Pretty but something's always wrong
Show me the secret ancient sign!

[/html]