intensity in ten cities
[html]
Name: Jajuka Ur’akai

DOB: 6 July 2005

Regular wolf or a Luperci?: Luperci

E-mail: XxDragongirl@yahoo.com

A secondary form of contact: AIM, MSN – same as above

How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Currently a member.

He had been wandering the valley for two days, giving the area a quick look around before deciding that the place was decent enough for him to stay in. Just when Jajuka had begun tossing the idea around about joining a pack once more, he stumbled on into the valley and was presented with pack lands. Surely, fate was on the side of the Ur’akai prince. When he wanted something, he got it. Even if the discovery had simply been one of chance (oh, how unlikely that was), he wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity.

A bit of prancing around and checking out the area had led him to find that there were multiple packs around. So, he had a choice to make, and despite his usually impatient ways, he decided to do a little recon. After all, whichever pack he chose would be his home for some time. The valley itself was interesting enough, similar to home in its diversity—but who wanted to think about the past?

No matter where he went, something seemed to draw him to this particular pack. Perhaps it was the ever-constant fog acting as a little reminder of home, or maybe even the call of the mysterious unknown that it blanketed. But the reason didn’t matter, oh no. What did matter was that Jajuka had finally arrived. Yes, they must all be so eager for him to grace them with his presence. Well, Jajuka was never one to keep the masses waiting.

Finally, after almost a year of journeying, the gold-furred wolf came to a stop along the pack borders, looking to settle down. He leaned against a bare tree, eyeing the territory for a moment before reaching into his worn travel bag. Pulling out a cigarette and a lighter, be began to smoke as he waited. A habit of travel, he liked to call it. The traveler looked around at the mist, debating whether he should announce his presence or not. After a moment he decided not to call; he’d be easy enough to spot. Sooner or later someone was bound to take notice of a scarred and tattooed stranger sticking out amongst the white of the snow. Until then, he would just have to exercise his patience.
[/html]
[html]

indent Even though his head was amiss with his own problems, and even though he was dancing ever closer with the familiar grip of addiction, no outward sign would show that Ahren de le Poer had such problems. True, he wore some of his past on his sleeve (literally, considering his scars), but few of the living left in this savage land could remember that far back. Chimera had been isolationist, far before Clouded Tears had gone to war with Inferni. Still, he did not and could not live in the past.
indent The wahrer had been making his way back into the territory, having traveled south to hunt. The crossbow on his back spoke of that more-so then the faint scent of blood around him. What alerted him to the stranger was the cigarette smoke. Moving quietly over the snow, the red-eyed male soon came across a young man who could have been his younger self (if not for the fact Ahren destroyed and rebuilt himself so often). “Do you need something?”

[/html]
[html]
He took another puff of the cigarette as he heard the soft sound of footsteps on the snow. Glancing in the general direction of the sound, he spotted someone approaching. Good, he hadn’t had to wait for very long. This pack appeared to be on the ball, a pleasant sign. He watched the stranger trek through the snow, examining him carefully. Noticing the crossbow, Jaj assumed he had been on a hunting trip and was returning home. He appeared to know the lands well enough, and judging from the direction the wolf headed, he was apparently a pack wolf.

Obediently silent, he listened as the other spoke, just a simple question. A slight grin crawled on Jajuka’s features as he replied. “Why yes, actually, I do. I see that there’s a pack here, and I’m interested in becoming a part of that pack.” Despite his words he changed his posture to show signs of submission, lowering his gaze, pulling back his ears. After living alone for so long, he still knew when such behavior was called for. Even if he did feel that there was no good reason for his submission.
[/html]
[html]

indent Folding his arms over his chest, Ahren tugged lightly on the rifle-strap. There was no outside signals to show he was all-ready judging the stranger, studying his face and body like a racehorse. He was a wily con-man, and knew his games. Ahren had been doing this sort of thing since he had been a boy. “Why? What could you offer us?” The boy was clearly somewhat experience with travel, coming from his build. Still, Ahren offered nothing friendly—his face remained stoic, posture relaxed. He could care less if this strange-looking fellow lived or died.

[/html]
[html]
I'm sorry. Busier week than I'd anticipated.

Jajuka observed the stoic male carefully, watching for any subtle hints his behavior might give. His posture remained unchanging, the only indication of interest in the newcomer being the questions be brought up. The Ur'akai prince was a little irked at the lack of reverence from him, but gave no clues to this. It was understandable after all; he had yet to realize that he was in the presence of greatness.

The young Luperci absent-mindedly flicked the ash from his cigarette as he contemplated the question. "Strength." His deep blue eyes shifted their gaze back to the packmember as he began to elaborate. "Travel has blessed me with the abilities of self-defense and self-preservation. But those skills don't necessarily have to be all for myself. I'm sure the pack would find them useful to fend of intruders and take down prey." The evidence was clear from his scars and the simple fact that he was still alive after his time alone.
[/html]
[html]

indent Arrogance was what he heard because what he saw was his younger self. He knew what he had been. He knew what he had done. Still, what he thought and what he knew they needed were two different things. “Would you take orders? Would you be able to think of others before yourself?” It was a two part test, in some way. The red-eyed male, who had once been a prince-turned-king himself, fell silent after that.

[/html]
[html]
“When necessary.” Of course, in a pack that was necessary. For a subordinate just brought into a pack, it was required. “And in showing my gratitude for being allowed into the pack that would be necessary.” Jajuka was self-centered, probably would be for some time to come, but that didn’t mean he would leave all others in the dust. “You watch my back, I’ll watch yours,” he added after a moment. That was the whole reason packs were even together in the first place, wasn’t it? Though all this depended on if he was accepted. But who wouldn’t want Jajuka on their side?
[/html]
[html]

Edit leader needed into your title

indent It was good enough for Ahren, and it would probably be good enough for Laruku. Tilting his head slightly, the blonde let out a howl for the hybrid. “What’s your name?” The question was the last one he asked, because up until this point, he had not cared. Without another word, he remained, waiting. Once the alpha showed up, Ahren would take his leave—he had done his job, and Laruku would find things out firsthand about this male.

[/html]
[html]
He silently watched the other call out for the leader, cigarette returning to his lips once more. "Jajuka Ur'akai," he said simply, a bit of pride hanging on his words. Then, he began to wait. Vaguely, and perhaps a little impatienly, he wondered how long it would take the alpha to arrive. He was honestly a bit curious about what this mysterious leader was like. Perhaps just another enigmatic ruler like the one from his past.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this took so damn long. Went ahead and titled you so you can post elsewhere while we finish this. You're playing another character right now?

It was a mechanical day. His body knew its routine, knew how to walk, knew how to kill, knew how to eat, knew how to live. His mind was in a deeper place, half-buried, suffocating, thinking most likely, but he could remember those thoughts in his dreams and forget them again in the morning. It was a fresh snow and his feet were cold. The howl did trigger anything in his head, but his feet turned him in a different direction. The footsteps he left in his wake were equidistant and even. The tattered hybrid with too many scars stopped before the two males and spoke without acknowledging his wahrer (his friend), How long will you stay? No blinking, no feeling, no emotion. Not today. The fog was a hotel. He knew it. Did they?

[/html]
[html]
Yeah, Kieran in JS. Got the ok from both Tammi and Sonia.

Time floated lazily along the haze around them, seeming to move neither fast nor slow. It was a curious effect, but Jajuka couldn't be sure whether it came from the floating mists or simply being in the presence of another. Either way, he hung onto a bit of patience until a figure finally approached them. He silently appraised the other, counting all his scars and wondering vaguely about the story behind each. The supposed alpha went straight to his question without skipping a beat. Once again, right down to business. Good. "As long as my interest remains." And how long was that? Even he wasn't sure. There was plenty to see, plenty to do here. He'd be around for some time if the area was as vast as it seemed.
[/html]
[html]

Awesome. I just needed to add you to the aux. character list. :3 I think we're done here.

He could have laughed. The routine was that they would promise to stay as long as they had a pack at stay with, that their loyalty was unending and that this was the place they had been looking for. But even the sweetest and most sincere-sounding of people went back on those words and disappeared from the fog. And Laruku would never know why. Maybe some of them were intentionally malicious, but he tended to believe otherwise, despite cynicalism. The hybrid shrugged, I guess I can't expect anything more than that. He turned, Laruku, he told the other, Alpha. And you are a subordinate. And he walked back the way he came.

[/html]
[html]
Oh wow, this took me forever to reply to.

“Sounds good to me.” The quickness of the whole affair surprised him, but it was altogether pleasing. It seemed that this pack got right down to business, no dilly-dallying here. Apparently he had made the right choice for his new pack. He smirked, offering a mock-respectful bow to the retreating figure of the alpha. See you around, O Great Leader. Adjusting his grip on the travel bag, he plunged himself into the mists of his new home.
[/html]