OOC:

Character Name: Artemis Danae
Character Birthdate (including year): winter of 2006
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Luperci Ortus
A secondary form of contact: artemisdana@live.com
How you found 'Souls: Anya from Phoenix Valley

Initial Post:

Artemis hunkered down in the bushes, growling deep in his throat. It wasn't a threatening sound, just a habitual sound that he barely even noticed anymore. After his mother died, he had gotten into the habit of growling quietly to let others know that he wasn't the best wolf to sneak up on. His past had just been that violent. Red closed over his eyes as he tried to avoid thinking about his uncle. That bastard had gotten what he had deserved.

Slinking in the shadows, Artemis believed that he could not be seen. He knew, though, that if someone wanted to find him, all they had to do was lift their noses to the breeze and inhale deeply. He wasn't trying to hide himself. The dark covered his fur better than any other time of day, although he preferred twilight to any other time, because of the breeze that ran casually through his thick fur.

Artemis sighed. Now was the time, now or never. The question was, should he howl, or let whoever was in charge of this pack come to him in their own sweet time? Making up his mind, he lifted his pale muzzle to the sky and let out a mournful howl that resonated through his chest. That would get their attention.
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... insred.png); background-color:#370303; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: claimage by anya

Anya was busy slinking through the shadows when she smelled the stranger. Her hackles rose slowly over her entire back, though she could not place the reason.

The dappled moonlight made the male's coat practically glow, and she could tell that he wasn't exactly trying to hide himself, only provide himself with some sort of a shelter from the biting breeze that whipped through the valley. His howl left her with chills; it was very nearly the sound of what her history had written. From that solitary howl, she surmised that the male had suffered, greatly.

She sat back on her haunches, out of sight of the male, and howled. Anya made sure she was downwind of the male, but also made sure that if he wanted to find her, he could. Now, to wait for Pendzez or someone with authority to come.

speak think walk

[/html]
Artemis tensed as he heard a creature rustling in the falllen leaves. Snow began to fall gently between the spotty stars. He looked up, breath misting around his lupine muzzle. Somewhere, farther to the east, he knew that his pack was looking to the sky, searching for their lost pack members in the stars. The pack had an interesting legend: that all wolves who died, luperci or otherwise, went to reside in the stars and guide their pack members after death.

When the female howled, he came completely unglued. She sounded so much like his mother that it wasn't even funny. How much you wanna bet she looked like his mother too? But that couldn't be; as far as Artemis knew, he didn't have any siblings, and his mother was long gone, cold in her shallow grave.

"Who's there, if I have the right to ask? I know that this is new territory to me, and that I may be intruding. Tell me now, if you believe I pose a threat, and I will leave."

Artemis raised his muzzle once again. She didn't smell like an alpha... but she had the scent of the valley permeating her fur, so perhaps her howl would draw one of the pack leaders. Until one of them came, he would content himself with their soon to be discussion. He wanted to know why she sounded so much like his mother.
[html]
Repies for joiner threads should not be taking this long, thus I am jumping in now and Anya can reply whenever she gets around to it. Slight godmoding to introduce him better; let me know if you're not okay with this.

But he would be the one to answer instead, summoned quickly by the duel howls just a few minutes apart. At first, he'd thought of it as some sort of emergency -- the call of a stranger followed by that of one of his members, suspicious only due to their closeness -- and he arrived fast, coincidentally just a slow hastening away. The cyclops said nothing upon his arrival to Anya; green eye observed she had found a stranger and called immediately. He did not quite disapprove of this, though he was surprised she did not move to question him herself. She was given a patient look by the leader, dismissing her if she desired, before he strayed towards the visitor who was still out of his sight.

"That would be me," the cyclops replied gruffly as he moved his way through the brush and the white-furred male fell into his one-eyed view. The stranger didn't look especially harmless, at least not compared to a few other faces he'd seen at their borders. For once, it was nice to see someone who didn't look miserable visiting their lands. With Anya left behind, all this stranger had to face was Jefferson. "You pose as much of a threat as any stranger on our borders. What do you want here?"

[/html]
Artemis cowered as the alpha came into view. It was just automatic. The alpha had such a commanding presence, the female faded into the background.

"I wish to pose no threat to you, sir. I had heard that your pack accepts the members that nobody else even glances at." As he spoke, Artemis lowered his pale head, moonlight glinting off his eyes as he closed them in respect. He knew better than to stare at the alpha; to do so was to impose death on yourself in the old packs.

"I am an artist by nature, fighting only when I am forced to. If I may say...you have an amazing aura; it would be fantastic to paint...I'm sorry, that was out of line."

The alpha's aura swirled with red, representing power, and blue, representing peace. Two traits that didn't normally work well together, but the alpha smelled like he was mated, so his aura was well balanced. Artemis could only wish he had such a balanced life.
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... insred.png); background-color:#370303; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby. sorry for the long wait. looks like jefferson beat me to the punch. DX Christmas has turned out to be less than top ten holidays on my list this year. Sad

Anya snarled as her hackles rose higher. The grey female knew not what put her on edge about the newcomer, but something did, and she was determined to stick around and find out who this newcomer was.

"You pose no threat to me, white one. I am Anya, of Phoenix Valley. And who might..."

Anya's voice quieted, fading into silence as she scented Jefferson approaching. Backing down, she nodded at Jefferson in respect, and backed up into the bushes behind her to avoid presenting any sort of threat. She would stay, just in case the newcomer attacked Jefferson. Unlikely that the Patriarch would need her help, but she had learned long ago to expect the unexpected, so that nothing came as a surprise anymore.

speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

I had heard that your pack accepts members that nobody else glances at. Jefferson made a face at this, his expression twisting into something clearly puzzled. Where had he heard that? The cyclops supposed he couldn't exactly argue; he himself had been accepted (or forced, more or less) into Phoenix Valley under rather dire and unusual circumstances. However, the white male's words were not an insult; Jefferson and Geneva were typically lenient with who they allowed in, but the cyclops had his standards. If they weren't respectful or willing to learn and work hard, then they had no place here. If they followed those requirements, however, they would be allowed in under the understanding that the Patriarch had expectations of them.

"Well, I guess that's true," he shrugged. Jefferson had seen his fair share of weaklings in the Valley, but many of them had made improvements in their time spent in the pack. Since Phoenix Valley had little arguments with other packs and were generally left to themselves, members were able to focus on training or learning -- the pack was a great place for both personal and physical improvements, with its varying array of members and personalities. When it came to auras, of course, Jefferson was relatively clueless. He sent the stranger an odd look for his compliment was nothing the cyclops had ever expected to hear. As far as Jefferson was concerned, the Valley's leader was a gruesome, scarred monster hardly worth the light of day. "Speak your mind," he allowed when the stranger cowered. "My name is Jefferson; I am the leader here."

He turned his head. "And the hiding one is Anya. Do you two know each other?"

[/html]
Artemis looked up slightly as the alpha told him to speak his mind. The male's face was twisted in an odd expression, and Artemis noticed that the alpha seemed startled at his comment on the male's aura. It was true. His aura swirled with all sorts of beautiful colors; something told Artemis that this alpha, on top of the normal power granted to all alphas, was something special, even if he didn't think so himself.

Glancing over at Anya, Artemis shrugged. "No, we do not know each other, as far as I know. She simply reminds me of someone dear I lost long ago, right around this time of year. Her voice..." His voice trailed off.

"I am willing to learn anything that you wish I should. The last pack I ran with was a bit of a gypsy pack; they knew all trades, and encouraged us to learn anything available. I left because of my uncle, which is a story better left untold at the moment. The only thing that pack discouraged was killing of each other, even in self defense. I am more than willing to work hard to earn my place in this pack, if you will have me."

The white male knelt again, doing his best to show respect to the leader. He held back a sneeze as he stuck his nose in a patch of herbs that held a pungent odor.
[html]
I apologize for the delays with this. Christmas got the best of me, and also I anticipated Anya replying again. Why don't we do one more post from you and me and then we'll call it good? Smile

The cyclops observed the stranger's subtle glance at the Valley girl; it was said -- by both the late Laruku and Iskata -- that the creatures of this land that became lost always managed to find their way back home one way or another. Whether or not this white-furred male originated here was not really his concern, but the possibility that whomever he was remembering was Anya was probable. Jefferson himself didn't know too much about her; this was one of their more extended encounters, in fact.

"Well, our borders are definitely open to a variety," he shrugged. "This pack is full of loonies and dreamers. I think artists fit in there somewhere." Jefferson's scarred expression broke a genuine smile despite the snide comment. "I don't see why you can't stay for now. Maybe you'll have some catching up to do. The only thing I'm missing is your name."

[/html]
[html]

I wanted to greet the new recruit 8D

Andy's breath came in quick gasps as she jogged. The crisp air felt nice on her hot body, cooling her as she went. Her nose told her she was coming near a border of the Valley. As she got nearer, more scents followed; those of two wolves she was fairly familiar with, and one of a newer scent, male from what she could tell.

Slowing to a walk, she worked on lowering her breathing to calm, even breaths. By the time she neared the assembled wolves, she was breathing quite normally.

"Hello." she dipped her head respectfully to the alpha, waved at Anya, and turned her attention to the new comer. He was white, with strange, ruby eyes. She cocked her head curiously, wondering if he was going to be accepted. She cast a sidelong glance at the alpha, not having the courage to confront him yet; she had not had any prolonged interaction with the gruff leader.

Noting that all seemed fairly calm, she sat on her haunches, watching the new male curiously.

[/html]
Anya isn't feeling too well. I live just down the street from her, and she's been in bed with a migraine for several days. But all else is good. She might be on later tonight.

Artemis grinned slightly at the alpha's words. "I'm Artemis Danae, son of Shalla. My family is long gone, and my last pack has no interest in me anymore. I thank you for your graciousness." The white male bowed courteously towards the alpha, Anya, and the new female who approached.

He had the feeling that there was something in this land that he just had to find out. Artemis had no clue what it was, or even if the feeling was legitimate, but he had learned long ago to follow his gut instinct.

Artemis noticed that the new female was watching him intently. He smiled shyly at her, unaccustomed to the attention.
I'm back peoples. God, that was one of the worst migraines ever. Sorry....

Anya stood back, letting Jefferson speak to the male...Artemis, he said his name was. He kept on looking at her like he knew her or something...the grey female had no idea why. She was pretty sure she had never seen the male in her life, though his voice did sound familiar, in a distant sort of way.

Suddenly, she jolted. He said he was the son of Shalla... Shalla had been the mate of Malaki, her brother. Could Artemis be her nephew? Possible, but not likely, depending on how old he was. Shalla had been Anya's best friend, besides Malaki, in that pack.

Anya pulled herself out of her daze, nodding a greeting at Andy. She examined Artemis more closely, thinking. Perhaps...but who could be sure?
[html]
Okay, I'm closing this up so you can get posting right away. My apologies again for how long this ended up taking and thanks for your patience. Smile Glad you're feeling better too, Anya! I get migranes at least once a week -- two Excedrin usually take care of them for me. You could try that next time? Anyway, welcome to PV Big Grin Feel free to post! Maybe you guys could make a thread between you three that sort of continues from this one.

Jefferson smiled as the stranger finally introduced himself, something he himself might have expected to begin the conversation. He didn't comment on it, however; Artemis had been more courteous and to-the-point than most the potential joiners at their borders. It was characters like he that Jefferson liked when it came to new members, but the unfortunate truth was that most strangers wanting access simply didn't know how to behave.

He turned and smiled when Andrea appeared, content that his pack members were willing to show their faces to strangers."All right then," the cyclops interrupted before they could get carried away, "Artemis, you'll start out at our basic Loas rank. Prove what you can do, learn some skills, and we'll move you up from there. These two might be a good source of information for you."

He turned, rolled his shoulders, and started away. "As for me, I shall take my leave. I have the rest of the borders to check." A quick smirk over his shoulders at the two girls. "I trust you two will see that he is comfortable." And with that, Jefferson was off.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.