Question concerning drugs in Soulsverse
So, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and wanted to see if anyone else would have a better guess at this. Would pill-type drugs (specifically ecstasy) still be viable in the Soulsverse? Since it's human-made, and I'm assuming no luperci know how to make it, would it have survived this long? And if it had, would it still be effective? I'm kind of guessing not, but wanted to see what other people thought.
They'd probably be effective if you wanted to use them as a piece of chalk, but otherwise I don't think they'd do anything.
MDMA isn't as particular as acid, but acid would break down rapidly due to heat/moisture/etc.

All drugs have half-lives; same reason you can take (most) things past the expiry date and they're okay, just weaker. I beliiiiiiiiiiiieve (don't quote me on this) expiry date = drug is anticipated to have <90% of its original potency. After long enough, they'd break down below the threshold dose (for actual effects to take place), I'd think.
This is less useful since Zero already answered, but you can check out http://erowid.org, specifically: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml Herbs and Plants and would be particularly useful. Perhaps you can find something that would work in a manner similar to ecstasy that occurs naturally? However I would be careful to cross-reference whatever plants and herbs you find on those lists to a canine toxicity list, since a canine might be highly sensitive or even poisoned by some of those same things humans use to achieve a high. ;D

For example, this is just me browsing the list, but I see:
- Herbal ecstasy (this is actually under "Smart Drugs" but it seems to be a mix of caffeine and ephedrine, still something that would need to be synthesized)

- Ayahuasca, which seems to be a sort of tea brewed in south america! If you can find a reason why some of the ingredients would be floating around, you could synthesize this since it would not require a laboratory or heavy skills.

- Salvia (listed under Morning Glory). This would be the seeds of the Salvia plant, they're something of a rather short-lived, very powerful hallucinogenic, iirc.

etc, etc, etc. There are tons and tons of naturally occurring chemical compounds that could have effects similar to ecstasy if that's not a viable option in the 'Soulsverse. :o
Ooooo, awesome! Thanks Sie, I will definitely browse through there! Big Grin
<3 erowid. Make it your friend guys. xP *disappears*
-for someone reason is sensing deja vu- ;o
still need to figure out what i might want to give samael in the near future. ;p