Of joining and surprises
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Whee, ramble. Sorry about this, I've been fighting getting a reply up so it's gonna sound funny/rambly.
Word count: 321. Worth 2 points SSWM

Hanna stood on the borders for the second time in a short time, the little sling across her chest, the reins of the bridle she had crafted clutched in one hand, the other set uneasily at her side. She was worried with what she had found at the border. For one thing, Cercelee's scent was surprisingly scant compared with Haku. She supposed he just got around more than she did, with her being the leader and him only the sub-leader, but still. She would not have expected it to this extent.

The other thing that almost disturbed her was her proximity to a large metal thing with sharp teeth. She was not sure what it was, but it looked lethal. Was this idea such a good one after all? What if Désirée stumbled into one of these traps? She could be maimed or killed very easily, because Hanna had the vague idea that they were unforgiving things that would not let go of her child's tender flesh. Dropping the reins to which the horse responded by moving a short distance `away and grazing, Hanna wandered inside the borders a short way, finding a thick stick that would allow her to spring the trap and render it useless. She hoped that was the case, anyway.

Grasping the stick firmly, she touched it to the middle of the trap. She was shocked and amazed by the power of the jaws as they clamped around the stick, wrenching it out of her hands. She backed away, retreating across the borders, hugging Desi closer to her body as though to make her part of her mother to keep her safer. Clicking to Gali, Hanna moved a few feet down the border line, then lifted her nose and howled for a leader. She then sat and pulled the little blue merle marked puppy from her sling, cuddling her and then beginning to nurse her.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

SSWM 354

The white substance muted the world in a way nothing else could, butt he snap of a set of metal jaws was loud enough for Dahlia’s king to notice. The sound rose far behind the chocolate coated male’s path and he turned in the blink of an eyes and let his jaws part in quiet wonder. Fresh meat in some form? With confidence only worn by immortal gods, the male started to walk back in his own fresh footsteps. His secui body was lean and strong, though there was an invisible wariness haunting his bones, though the man had not shifted forms today. Electric blue gaze was looking straight ahead and not down as his new prints ruined the former set of paw prints. Ears flickered as a howl sounded very close. Susquehanna, the aunt he so kindly had chased from the borders. It had been such a long time now and he wondered if she was due for another lesson in how to behave. He started trotting and was soon able to see her dark form.

There was a meaty horse and a triggered metal jaw. Haku’s own jaws clenched visibly, for it had been decided that Dahlia’s members were not to trigger the traps so that they could have some extra defence against Inferni. He let a low growl sound as his gaze moved to horse and dog and puppy. Oh, yet another puppy? He stepped closer and his tail moved with absolute dominance as he looked over the small party. He noted the small scar on the black woman’s muzzle and gave a mental smirk hidden behind his cold mask. Ears flattened as he wondered whether or not to go hostile at once. She had given him enough trouble in the past and he could not guess why she would want to suddenly show up and speak to him again. If it was Cercelee or Cwmfen they were after then none were here and he was the one and only leader of the foolishly named flower power pack. "Aunt?" his dark voice sounded, demanding an explanation.

Table credit: Sie(Kaena)

<style>
.haku-blood p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:30px; }
.haku-blood b {color:#CF4040;}
.haku-blood-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.haku-blood {font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#8B120B; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#490502; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/hakutable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:218px; padding-top:10px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby:
Word count: 472. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's voice was strangely chilling to her ear when he arrived some short few minutes later. He moved closer to the female and her daughter and Hanna flattened her ears against her skull, eyes looking well away from her nephew's face but face turned to his. His tail rose, expressing his dominance, and she wondered why on earth he would feel it necessary to press the matter when she was already sitting and was on the outside of the borders. She guessed perhaps he had come across her scent where she had found the stick to trigger the jaws.

Hanna's tail, meanwhile, surreptitiously crawled toward her rear end, pressing against her thigh. Had she not been sitting cross legged on the snow, it would likely have pressed against her belly. She was scared to be in this position, to have to humble herself in front of him instead of being an autonomous entity, but she knew if she let it show too much, that he would use it, would make her life hell. The tail tip beat a soft tattoo against her leg, inaudible and barely noticeable. Even Désirée picked up on it, breaking her hold to turn and stare at Haku with icy blue and darkest brown eyes. She was laying facing the man, her little paws paddling a little.

Taking a breath to calm herself, Hanna spoke out. "I came to visit Dahlia and all the family and friends I have here. But I knew that some might take offense to my being here so I thought perhaps I should join, if only temporarily." She did not quite emphasize the word some; she would not risk his ire, at least not yet. "I believe you already know my redeeming qualities to the pack; not only do I heal but I have begun training Conor to do so as well. There are a trio of additions, however, to introduce to you."

Previously hiding himself, Cian now made himself visible to the world. He was standing a short way from Galilahi, watching the goings on with piercing navy blue eyes. He did not understand, per se, the way the wolves interacted, all the posturing and such, but he knew it had to be done, had been done that way since the ancients themselves had roamed the earth. Hanna motioned to him, the horse, and her daughter all in one sweep of the hand. "Cian, my Spirit Animal from AniWaya. He will remain with me where ever I go. Galilahi, the mare, who is my friend and occasional transport. And my daughter, Désirée." She did not mention her heritage; what would it matter anyhow? Haku would probably find some reason to use the girl's father, or lack of, against her and her mother, but it was not his business.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

SSWM 774

Oh, she could not bear to keep eye contact now. This was how he liked it. He wanted her to crawl and plead, though he assumed she would only do the crawl part willingly unless he started to tear at that little piece of living meat she was holding in his hands. She had acted correctly however and her dark figure held submission. She acknowledged his superiority and he could be nothing but satisfied by her current behaviour. He thought he noticed a mild form of fear from her. It would not surprise him if the scent was real, for she was at his mercy with a young child cradled in her weak arms. He could so very easily kill them both and she knew this fact. He suddenly turned and eyed the trap, wondering if it had ever been there when he had passed this very spot less than half an hour ago. He drew closer and drew cold air through his nostrils. A faint tingle of lavender spooked his senses and his muzzle lowered until it almost touched his front paws. Was that too lavender? Had he really crossed the fresh trace without realizing that the criminal had been close by? Was Dahlia’s enemy here now, watching them? Blue eyes wandered as the black woman spoke gibberish in his ears. Was it Susquehanna? Sharp gaze turned on the woman immediately, though she smelt of featherheads and not the scented plant.

Why would she visit and ask the worst person possible to join the pack temporarily? As if he needed any more proof to know that this old woman was a traitor? He remained silent, though his fangs were suddenly bared in a silent sneer before his lips fell over and hid the yellowing weapons again. He paced over to her form again, but found no rest in his legs, so he continued to pace back and forth, back and forth as if studying a piece of trapped prey with no escape route. Her next words were true though. While he knew Conor had found interest in healing – why this was he had no understanding for – he also knew that the boy was merely a novice. Svara had been a little beginner though had believed herself to be fully trained. He remembered the boiled herb mixture she had dished up for one of the rare occasions where his body had allowed an earthly illness to touch his immortal body. It had not done anything for the male. While he did not believe in much of this healing shit, he knew as a fact that his aunt was skilled at this despite her general insignificance. Her skills would be good for the upcoming war, yes yes.

Eyes of intense blue sought the space where the woman’s hand gestured as she introduced her so called Spirit Animal, but there was nothing there. There was no part left of Haku that could perceive whatever it was that she attempted to show him. The woods were empty and there was only Susquehanna, her bastard child and a meaty horse that he wanted to eat. ”Sure.” he had no problems with allowing Susquehanna to be accompanied by her imaginary friend or what the hell this Cian thing was. His eyes moved to the large hoofed meat and he thought it was a shame that some canines started to believe they could befriend horses. The large creature’s kind was meant to be eaten, not befriended. Would she expect him to make peace with rabbits and squirrels next? Again his lips drew back to reveal his jagged daggers, but still he said nothing. His focus changed again, though he did not bother to wonder who the woman had screwed to get a child. Technically this would be his cousin. So odd, but completely insignificant.

His eyes drew up to the dark woman; his aunt. ”Why would I want a traitor in my pack, humm.” this was not a question where an answer was expected. The words were tossed out into the air and he seemed to taste the words and consider this, although he had already decided what to do with her. ”For how long would you plan to stay if your mere purpose here is only to show off your little bastard kid to your friends?” Oh, how disgusting he was to a woman that should hold his respect. Haku Soul had gone so wrong that he was unable to see this obvious fact despite being apparent in everything he said and did. ”For that is what she is, yes?” Why else was the woman alone?

<style>
.haku-blood p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:30px; }
.haku-blood-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.haku-blood {font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#8B120B; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#490502; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/hakutable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:218px; padding-top:10px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Let me know if this reprimand was a little harsher than what you meant, and I'll change-ify it. Big Grin
Word count: 357. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's attention seemed to waver from her to her companions, to her daughter, the trap behind them, all with no apparent connection between them. When his eyes fell upon his cousin, she could not help but want to hold her closer, shield her from those icy blues of his. She remained motionless, however, for the most part. She could not help but snarl in response to his hateful rhetoric, though. A traitor? Hanna had never been that. She could not think of one time she had willfully gone against her superiors' orders, had even gone out of her way to help the pack she had helped found even when she was no longer a working member of it.

A guttural growl of general annoyance and offense ripped from her throat; wrapping her daughter back into her sling and tying it so she was behind her back, Hanna raised herself swiftly from the snow, making brief but firm eye contact with her nephew. He had crossed the invisible line she had of insult and blame, and like the elder she was, even though he was the alpha, she would make sure he knew it. She did not strike out at him, to do so would be fatal, but merely stared him down for a moment.

She did not expect to see him avert his eyes away from her stare, so she just spoke, quietly, deadly, instead of waiting, also looking away again: "I have never done anything to warrant being called a traitor. And I do not think it is your concern whether Désirée's parentage or my relationship status is known to any." While she did not relax, per se, Hanna subsided from bent over but on both feet to an uneasy crouch after this outburst, ready to move if he lashed out physically.

Hanna's mouth opened again, a softer but no less harsh tonality to her voice. "To answer your question about the length of my stay, however, I had supposed I would stay until your son is trained to take my place as Herbalist, or until ejected physically from the pack. Whichever happened first."

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

SSWM 585

A snarl failed to be held back by the black female and the large secui took a sudden step forwards and released a snarl that with ease competed with hers. Had she not left Dahlia de Mai in the pack? Then she had walked in and out as if she still was one of them until she found her precious featherhead pack and stayed there. Luckily for her she had learned the last time she had been caught intruding on Dahlian soil with some foolish male friend. He considered the little child in her arms. Did it belong to the cowardly male that had failed to rise and protect her when Haku’s fangs had struck for her? The female again failed to display submission and dared to growl at him as she moved the little bastard behind on her back, obviously to get her own body between the child and the evil Dahlian alpha. She tried to stare him down, but his eyes took the challenge and held eye contact with ease. He was the superior here and she would know submission before she could hope for a possibility to get past the Dahlian borders. As she seemed to realize that staring him down was not going to happen she spoke words that should better be left out. She was right in one thing though; it was not his business to know the child’s details. He had no interest either – he just found pleasure in pushing the female down into the dirt. She would not get anywhere if she did not swallow her pride.

”You speak foolish words, female the dark creature growled and took a final step that brought him right up in her face; the steam from his sour breath dancing in her face. ”You left Dahlia, and nothing you can say can make up for that, and so you will forever carry that title.” Once a traitor always a traitor in Haku Soul’s book. Haku’s intentions were to cripple her both mentally and physically before this meeting was over, but the opportunity of receiving a Dahlian healer held some value. He did not want Dahlia to survive the war that could be seen in the horizon, but it could prolong the upcoming conflict and strengthen Dahlia’s position. Although the chocolate and cream male only knew that he wanted to see lives be torn apart, he was not completely without a side. It would be pleasurable to see Inferni wither and fall as well, and Dahlia would need a healer then. Conor was mostly as useless as the rest, but the dark father had to admit that the son was absorbing skill from the individuals he spent time with. Some had taught him the basics of fighting and the boy had already helped the ebony Alex with her injuries. Perhaps it would be wise to give Dahlia more of a chance. Perhaps not. He only wanted to paint the world red – he was so tired of details, details, forever those unavoidable details that required choices.

”I’m not sure if I can accept a woman that doesn't know her place. You dare to raise your voice like that in my presence one more time and you will lose it permanently.” His threats were not empty. There was nothing Haku loved more than to tear through skin and flesh and bones, and it was only because of her worth that he had allowed her words to go physically unpunished.

<style>

[/html]
[html]
Word count: 367. Worth 2 points SSWM

Oh, she wanted so badly to bite the nose right off the chocolate male. Instead, Hanna subsided, seating herself in the snow, hate and fire burning in her eyes, which were firmly settled away from his. It was a losing battle, and while she knew she had not truly been in the wrong, he would never see that way. And why cause her child, her friends, herself, undue harm just because she chose to protest the way he thought? Was he not allowed to have his own opinion as she had hers, even if his words did prove him a nitwit?

So her ears flattened against her skull once more, her ivory teeth were put away, and she turned her face from his, taking several steadying breaths. She knew his threat to rip her throat out would not be an idle one; had he not already attacked her before? So she remained quiet for a long time, verging on several minutes, before choking out the words she hated so much to give him in this circumstance. "I'm... I'm sorry," she spoke, so low she barely heard it herself, and then, because he would demand her speak up, said it again more clearly. "I apologize. It will not happen again."

Désirée squeaked, just the slightest noise, and Hanna hoped that Haku did not hear her. It would not do for him to begin trying anything now. Not in her formative years, when anything that went wrong stood to scar her for life. She backed away from him, swinging Desi back down to below her belly and lowering herself in the snow. Even with her nephew being in Secui form, and her being in Optime, she still managed to get her face down to the level of his chest.

She hated this, this groveling in front of him. There should be camaraderie, not hostility, between the elder and the younger, like there was between her and Mew. But no, instead they seemed to always be at odds with each other. Would it ever end? She stared up at him from her position in the snow, took in his form. No, it did not seem likely, did it?

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

SSWM 625

She seemed to understand the words he spoke, although it was all too clear how she felt about the matter. That was why she was weak; she could not control herself, she made foolish decisions that turned situations against her. At least while dealing with him anyway. It was not his problem though, for he was the alpha and sole leader of Dahlia de Mai now. She had no rights here and Cercelee no longer had a say in anything for she had fled together with her cowardly mate and exited his life. Although she had now averted her gaze she could see the fires burning in her eyes. That again should be enough for him to make the solution swift by sinking his fangs deeply into her throat and rip it out and listen to her bastard child scream. Nostrils widened and inhaled the scent of the woman and her child. They both stank of Aniwaya, but he analyzed the child’s mixed scent and pondered for a moment before some pieces of the puzzle found their rightful spots. Although the man had never met the leader of the pack of strays face to face, he had traced their borders and learned the so-called King’s scent. Although the child carried her own unique combination of scents, the dog’s scent was present and he knew that Susquehanna was alone with her young one. Although he did not know the rumours of how much of a tease and sex addict the Cour de Miracles leader was, no other conclusion could be drawn as the parents lived in two different packs with many miles separating them.

He grinned now; one of those emotionless grimaces that caused hearts to increase their paces as amounts of adrenaline was needed. Ears swivelled forward as the woman mumbled like a yearling that had been reprimanded. He gave a disgusted snort and waited for something better. Soon she had managed to speak out her apology, but ah how could she believe it was good enough when he had seen embers burn in her eyes as she had removed her eyes from his form? He truly did not understand why she was here. He did not even want her here. They would all die and this was what he wanted them to. Perhaps he would be able to drag the woman down together with the rest of Dahlia de Mai. Once this thought had found its way into conscious thought, it stayed. A squeak sounded – barely audible at all, but it was there. The woman started to back away unannounced and he followed with merely a step then decided to see what she was doing. Foolish female could not decide where to keep the little bastard, it seemed. ”For your entire stay here you will be carrying the omega status,” his dark voice suddenly announced. ”All will know what you are, both you and your little bastard child.” There was no playing nice now, for she was not welcome here.

”Better extinguish the fire in your eyes and learn to control yourself, you should be old enough to be able to do this by now,” he added, again determined to let her know that her place now and always would be below him. His last words were no doubt mocking. This was no way for a nephew to talk to his elder aunt, but Haku could not see her for anything other than what she was; an old whore and traitor. Darkness altered his perspective of things and he would no doubt lead Dahlia into the path of destruction. He would require a yes before he was to grant her access into the lands. He was that much of a bastard.

<style>

[/html]
[html]
Word count: 325. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's verdict did not surprise her, nor did it make her any more or less dismayed than it would have any other wolf who had just been told that their immediate future was going to be fraught with peril if they did not toe the line with their superiors. She mentally shrugged; her life had not been so horrible when first she entered Chimera as a lowly omega, why would it be different now at Solum, other than the vast differences between Haku Soul and Damian de le Poer?

As Haku had not so lightly suggested she do, Hanna let the fires in her eyes die down, though they did not, could not extinguish completely. They were out of sight for the moment, but the medic would not let them go out. To do so would make her a failure of a person, a weak shell that was no more fit to parent her daughter than to lead a person to knowledge, nor to lead anything, truth be told. So her eyes appeared dull, the icy blue and bright jaded green reflecting only sunlight as she raised them for his "inspection" which only served to bring a scoff from the regions behind her.

She knew it was Cian, upset at how she easily she had allowed herself to be bested. She did not speak to him, but she thought, How can I do else with my baby in the presence of the tyrant? What would keep him from tearing her to shreds, besides my own teeth and claws until I expired? She knew none of this was passed to the Spirit Animal, but she kept it as a litany inside her head. It would be the only thing to keep her going.

Finally, Haku seemed to have finished his vocalizations, and Hanna mouth opened one last time, her very voice deadened in tonality so not even it could piss him off, but audible. "Yes, Sir."

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

--

Her simple answer was good enough. Haku had problems with caring about this in any way. While Susquehanna never would manage to pose a thread to him and Dahlia, he always struck down strongly on trespassers that simply did not know their place. If she wanted to live as a Dahlian for the short amount of the time she was planning to spend here then he would not really care according to theory. She was insignificant in most ways, and if she was to manage to teach the most promising one of his children then that would be good. Dahlia would surely need it. He gave her a court nod and set off, as usual reluctant to add a farewell as he turned his back at her. Whatever she did now was up to her. He had other things to worry about than an old aunt with an imaginary friend.

<style>

[/html]