Tell me you didn't say goodbye
Ryan-

If you’re reading this, somewhere across the sea, I’ll just have you know everyday I’ve dreamed of you. I can’t forget your touch; I can’t forget your scent, the way your eyes sparkled when we first met. I take you’ve learned by now that I’m not coming home, that there’s no chance of another day within your arms. I hope you can carry on, I hope you can move past thing and I hope you find new love, a new romance, I hope you shake up that little world once again.

I wish I’d been there to watch your daughter grow, I wanted so to have some little ones of our own, I’d hoped she’d looked like you, I’d hoped he’d love like me but it seems this old world’s not what it seems. I’ll lay my head down once more tonight and dream of you, your silky hair shimmering in the moonlight as you danced upon the moor… just once more I’ll dance with you and we’ll own the skies, nothing will stand between us except starlight.
Now wipe your tears and I’ll say goodbye, hoping you know you’ll all that I’ve known and needed. I found peace when I was with you. I hoped to lose myself for good in you.. but it turns out I’ve found myself once more.. You’re all I know; you’ll all I’ll know.

DaVinci

A tear dropped upon the paper as Zana’s finger trembled, one nail tracing the words her brother had written, thinking that he would find his end on the morn. She shuddered at the thought and turned her eyes towards the glow of the candle before she let a soft breath of air extinguish the flame before she laid the letters down and wiped her eyes. Growing accustom to the dark she sat there silently the words of her brother echoing in her mind, the letters fresh in her mind as her chin quivered. She was afraid, more frightened than she’d ever been in her whole life.

Her steps through the shadowy tents were silent as she swiftly made her way to his tent, hesitant outside the door, the darkness within giving her courage as she slid beyond the flap and into a very bewildered Aisleran’s arms.