All that I stand for
[html]
Gamboge eyes scanned the area, ochre fur danced upon the petite female. Over sized ears twitched with each sound. Quietly, Valkyrie sat outside scanning the area because there was nothing much else to do. The war, she didn't not like because why did the world have to consist of pointless arguing and bloodshed? Her mother was a very beautiful lady but her father was a raging lunatic, but she loved him all the same. The wind howled as it blew snow around, off the ground and into her fur, making her feel lighter than she actually was. It was freezing temperatures but that didn't scare off the young girl. She was going to be a whole year old in a few days and she was going to be a full women then. That's how she saw it, she had a whole year of experience as a child and she would view herself as a mature adult. Val was sure if Inferni knew her soft side, she wouldn't be welcome. She put every bloody coyote to shame in these lands. Although that's not how she acted around them, oh no. Around them she very much resembled her father, with a not so insane feel to her.

A snap of a twig set the girl off and she looked around her, crouched down, ready to attack. The snow kept picking off the ground, which was making it really hard to see. Quietly walking towards the snapped branch, she went to pounce but there was nothing but a broken branch that had snapped and fell off a tree. "Darn." she muffled underneath her breath as she looked down at it.
[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">fhaijf I HAVE TOO MANY THREADS AND YET YOU GIVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE ONE MORE. ... <3 xD
@&#&$His first year had seen him enough war to last a lifetime; Anselm was truthfully no more thrilled about their present situation than Inferni's other resident pacifists. While some revelled in the opportunity to prove themselves or spill blood in the name of the clan, to Anselm it all boiled down to uneasy sleep, no time to relax, and continual paranoia. Make no mistake: he knew that Haku could only be stopped with violence and he'd be the first to admit the man needed to die. That didn't mean additional casualties shouldn't be minimised.
@&#&$As he'd been keeping to the clan's turf since war had been declared he wasn't too worried about his own hide; Anselm could take care of himself. It was Alacrity who caused his heart to bleed; the very thought of her coming to harm because of this nonsense was nearly enough to send him into a fury. Gabriel and Kaena were powerful forces to be reckoned with and they could hold their own; he'd never seen Alacrity outside of her lupus form, however, and he couldn't help but feel she was especially vulnerable.
@&#&$And now, it seemed like he'd have one more pretty young lady to worry about. "Valkyrie!" he breathed, flabbergasted. His pace picked up as he neared the girl, tail waving furiously despite the lump of worry that'd formed deep within his gut. "When did you get here? I thought you were with Ryan... is she back, too?" As thrilled as he was by the prospect, he couldn't help but wish they'd come back a couple months later after this Haku nightmare had been cleared up.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +272
[/html]
[html]
hehehe. my master plan worked >D to get you in here. muhahah. Smile <3

Valkyrie heard a voice and it nearly scared her to death. She jumped and looked around to see where the voice was coming from, only to find Anselm almost right in front of her. She gasped and then squealed liked a little girl, although she didn't say anything. She wasn't sure what to call the man anymore and it took her by surprise that he would be the first one she'd see. Grandpa? Anselm? She wasn't even sure, so she just stuck with her very original opening, "Hi! I haven't seen you in a while!" she went up to him and nuzzled his throat, "Mama is off doing something, not sure where she is at the moment." what she really wanted to do was see her father, but to hunt that man down she would need a lot of time. Val was sure she wasn't going to be able to find him, with all that was happening in Inferni, and plus she wasn't too sure what was going on anyways besides something about a war. "Is everyone alright? What's been happening? Everyone seems so distressed." she sat back on her haunches and titled her head, making her deep onyx ears look funny upon her head.
[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">I KNEW IT. CONSPIRACY!! -Flails and runs into a wall when the tinfoil hat drops in front of her eyes.- XD
@&#&$Her surprise caught him by surprise and the little squeal caused him to stop short in his tracks, ears folding back apologetically as he cast her a sheepish grin. It didn't last long, though, for soon they'd pulled into a sort of canine embrace, her nuzzling the crook of his neck and he offering a few quick licks to her cheek before they disengaged. Although she hadn't been gone awfully long, she'd done a lot of growing over the past few months; all traces of awkwardness was nearly gone, leaving only a stunning young woman behind. It seemed, though, as if she might never grow into those ears of hers.
@&#&$His tail continued to sway as she spoke of Ryan; it seemed that the two had met up after all. Although he was somewhat disappointed he wouldn't get to hear of his daughter's exact whereabouts, news that she alive and kicking was really all that he needed. If the former subleader ever needed to find them, she would know where to go. Only when she spoke again did his tail falter; his eyes narrowed, the warm glint taking on a sharper, more serious shine.

@&#&$"An old demon's reared his ugly head," he told her, voice low. The first war was before her time; he didn't know how much she knew of it, if any. "A long time ago, before your mother ever came here, we were at war. Dahlia de Mai's Beta took personal issue with his sister being attacked after she trespassed on our land. He tore one of our members to shreds, hung up her young pup, and took Gabriel's daughter hostage." Talitha hadn't been much different in age than Valkyrie now--a fact he did not overlook, and a fact that worried him greatly.

@&#&$"We took a hostage of our own and upon their exchange, a cease-fire was called. For so long things were quiet, but now Haku has taken them by the reigns. I don't know what happened to Cercelee--so far as I know she only wanted peace, even way back then. He's attacked Kaena, and now we find we must finish what he started," he concluded, the dark sentiments leaving a sour taste in his mouth.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +372
[/html]
[html]
The ochre lady looked at him with wide eyes at first but then they formed sadness within them. How could someone be so evil as to hurt innocent children and kill living creatures. "That's horrible." she said, with almost a whine in her voice. "How can someone be so cruel?" she didn't understand the concept at all. Quietly she sat there for a moment, pondering over words she could say to have them make sense. Couldn't Anselm or her father do something about this evil thing?

"Can't you or father do something about this? Silently. Why does everything have to end in bloodshed." Anselm and her mother, she was sure, were the only coyotes or any living being on this planet that she would even suggest that too.

Valkyrie had known just a little bit about what happened before, about Gabriel's daughter and such but she didn't know the monster, Haku, was horrible enough to go through with slaughtering a mother and her pup and stringing them up to a tree. She was bound to have nightmares for a while, with everything that was going on. She looked up with glistening gamboge eyes, which at that time, made her look more like a pup then the quickly growing lady she was.
[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$Perhaps it was a bit nasty of him--not sparing her the gory details like that. Yet as usual, there was a method underlying the madness. His reasons here were twofold: first off, he considered her old enough to handle it. Second, and more importantly, sometimes the blunt truth could impress far more than a vague warning. Having been quite the little hellion himself back in the day, he knew first hand that a parent or superior's wishes were always oh so tempting to defy.
@&#&$Like Ryan, Val had always struck him as mature for her age. Even still, experience taught him teenage hormones and development commanded some level of disobedience and rebellion (wasn't it exactly that which landed Talitha in that lousy situation?). It was practically unwritten law; who was he to fight it? He certainly didn't want Valkyrie anywhere near that pack, but he hoped this sordid tale would prove more effective than a gruff "promise me you'll stay away."
@&#&$"He's more monster than wolf," he relented, agreeing with the sentiment behind her words--a being of Haku's calibre was vile and unnatural. He couldn't help but cringe slightly at her reference to Hybrid, though his face remained neutral; it was still surreal that his bloodline had crossed so directly with the mad coyote's. Sometimes he pretended that Valkyrie hadn't come from the Holocaust's loins at all; she was far too stable, far too sane. He thought he'd take immaculate conception over the truth, but then his life would be ruled by ghosts and self-delusion.

@&#&$"Gabriel and Samael tried just that," he told her. "For reasons I cannot hope to understand, he still commands a great number of wolves' loyalty. So long as they have his back, it won't be so simple." He desperately wished that it was, but all the wishing in the world wouldn't make it true.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +311
[/html]
[html]
Valkyrie looked at Anselm and frowned. Gabriel and Samael obviously failed however she knew both the men to be amazing and very strong, therefore she had feelings that if they didn't wipe it out quick themselves, then it needs to be done in a very... non-silent way. However, what she didn't understand would totally follow in her one important question, "Do those followers know what kind of monster he is? Do they know that he killed a mother and pup?" she wanted to yell, scream and rip the bloody monster apart herself. That sick bastard disturbed her and she almost got chills down her spine just thinking about him.

The young lady was very intense at that moment, she was willing to do anything it took to get rid of him, "Is there anything I can grandfather? To help get rid of this evil soul before he hurts someone else, like someone in my family?" she was very concerned, typical Val, for her family and she knew that Hybrid could easily take care of himself but could Ryan do so much against Haku? Or was she good as dead? In the ochre and deep onyx girl thought the second part. How could she even do anything to that sadistic creature? Valkyrie was starting to get scared to even leave the lands. Why did she have to come back at such an awful time as this.
[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">-squeak- sorry for the wait. D: -had major sleeping malfunctions the past three days.- >_O
@&#&$In theory at least a couple of them knew--Kol, Cwmfen--but he hadn't seen either of the women in months. Come to think of it, when he'd stopped by to visit the former, he hadn't caught much of the latter's scent on the border... it was faded, weak--strange, given Cwmfen's status as third in command of Dahlia de Mai. He knew Gabriel was familiar with the woad-marked warrior, and realising that he hadn't heard a single mention of her name since this nonsense began made him suspicious. Had Haku driven out both their Alpha and Gamma, ensuring his place as the sole, undisputed dictator of the pack?
@&#&$Even so, Anselm knew that the shit-brown man had committed deeds so foul no sane wolf would stand behind him if only they were aware; it ran deeper than him slaughtering a few "lousy coyotes." He would turn on his own. The problem, though, was getting others to believe it. He couldn't very well bang down their door and demand they stepped aside to let Inferni overthrow their last remaining leader. Not all were cut out for leadership--perhaps they'd rather fall in line behind a madman than scatter into the wind.
@&#&$"He's gotten rid of Cercelee already; maybe Cwmfen, too. In that case, he's got complete control and he's likely drunk on power--what he does not want them to know, they probably don't," he told her, "and even if they did, fear would keep them from ever uttering a word of it." No pack was a democracy, of course, but nothing about Dahlia's vile leader pointed to a fair or judicious rule. If he didn't have a heart or patience for his own daughter, he had it for nobody. He'd promptly remove any threats to his authority for he had no conscience to hold him back.

@&#&$"For now, we need all the eyes we can get on our border. If anything comes up, do not hesitate to call for help. Though others may disagree, for now I think our best bet is to keep our hands as clean as possible--and to mind home territory advantages," he said, tail flicking as he looked off to the side. Not only would confronting the wolves on their home turf be ineffective, such brash actions would only serve to seal the deal for Haku's minions, indisputably making Inferni out to be the one at fault and Dahlia's Alpha the courageous soul who lead them to victory.
@&#&$Maybe all of this was some cruel joke of life, but Anselm understood what made the punchline powerful was timing. As much as it sucked, for now they would have to wait.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +446
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... lTable.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:490px;background-color:#018DEE;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#000;">

sorry I didn't reply sooner, school took over for min D; and major writers block. T.T

Valkyrie listened patiently to Anselm and as he spoke she drew pictures in her head of Haku 'drunk' on power and how he was going to ruin everything for everyone. She sighed as she scanned the place surrounding them. She knew too there was really nothing for her to do but what he spoke of was good enough till someone could make her do something more interesting and worth while to the young lady. "This will probably be the worst thing to come in history." she frowned, she knew that something would happen eventually, the waiting for it was what was going to be a challenge. If only she could get the message out, to this pack that Haku had been running into the ground. What if they really knew what monster was hiding behind that lie. Maybe Anselm was right, but maybe he was wrong, maybe they wont be ignorant in fear, maybe they will stand up for what is right. "I will do my best to protect these boarders when I'm around. I'll make sure to call for help." Val stood tall and brave in her spot, she was all talk now but what she didn't know is if she would cower when the time came.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 323 Nah, I totally understand with school especially >_o

Undoubtedly the road ahead is both rocky and stained red with blood, he agreed, but there are two sides to every coin. While the war may be awful, sometimes the ends justify the means, he told her, nudging her reassuringly with his snout. As soon as Haku is ousted from his position of power, it'll be as if a plague upon the lands has been lifted, he promised. He's been our primary obstacle to peace since practically day one. It'd be silly to think all of our problems will be solved once he's gone, of course, but I do believe his downfall is imperative if we're to even stand a chance, he stated with conviction; he couldn't appear to be uncertain now.

It was a gruesome way to think about it, but for how many lives Haku had ruined within two measly years of sitting at Dahlia's helm, perhaps even a dozen sacrifices could be rationalised if it meant the demon's reign was cut short. As far as he knew the shit-brown wolf was about he or Gabriel's age, give or take a few months--left to nature and the devil alone, Haku could easily wreck five more years of wretchedness upon them while he sat safe in his tainted kingdom. Anselm was all about minimising damage, but again he recognised what had to be done. Still, he'd be a damn fool not to keep his own flesh and blood close to home. He was relieved that the girl seemed satisfied with border duty.

Regardless, please be careful, he beseeched her, his tone falling in intensity, coming out quiet and gentle. Gabriel's convinced not everyone will make it out of this alive, but I'll be damned if any of us are on that tally, he told her as his gaze darkened, leaving her to figure out who all was included in that "us;" the de le Poers were a given and Alacrity was close behind.

<style>
.anselm-apocalypse p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anselm-apocalypse b {color:#9D5A00; }
.anselm-apocalypse-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.anselm-apocalypse {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:185px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselm2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]