QUESTIOOOON.
Because that's what I do.

Can we play characters in LA that were picked up then dropped by other people.. that we technically invented as a character? Or does it have to be just ones we've RPed.

Example, Skylar Jade Nasphrite and Magdalena de Sadira, who were both characters I created and other people played for short times then dropped..
This is at your own discretion. Ownership of children characters has always been a tricky business if you aren't clear on what your expectations are when you first give the character away to another player. It is highly recommended that you speak to the original player(s) of the characters before doing anything with them. If they're unreachable, then what you do is what you do -- we claim no responsibility for such matters. If you're able to contact them and they'd prefer you not play the character, then that's that. If you're able to contact them and they don't care, then that's also that.
I think both of these players are still around, too. Syd's still here, and she played Skylar. She's currently playing Night Thames of DDM... and uhhhh... I *swear* I just saw the person who played Mags hanging out here. >__<; IDK for sure though!

/lame attempt at helpful?!
Oh I know, I was just using them as examples. And the person who played Mags is a friend of mine, she's not gonna pick her back up, she's registering with a new character.

I wasn't actually going to use Skylar that I know of.. and I think there were two people who played Sky too.. or maybe it was Mags.