i believe in nothing but the truth of who we are
[html]
OOC: ::Word Count:: 1000+

Even rationality can sometimes feed impulse. This thought had stuck to the pristine-furred female’s memory with unexpected stubbornness and the unwavering will that certain thoughts sometimes have of leaving room for no other worries. While she kept herself occupied, she found that it was easier for her mind to break free of this spell, but so long as she was idling away, her mind went back to its initial focus. This was a new occurrence in the pale Crimson Dreamer’s case, not particularly in the sense that she could hardly concentrate on anything apart from this nagging thought (similar feelings of not being able to part with a particular thought had been almost daily right after her encounter with the Inferni Aquila), but in the fact that it had all started quite recently and abruptly, despite being related to something that had happened some time ago. While her narrow escape from Haku’s merciless jaws had been almost miraculous, especially judging by the few marks she had carried afterwards, she knew that, had the circumstances been any different, her luck would not necessarily have held. Although she was grateful for the chance she had had, she knew that a situation such as that might repeat itself at any given time, and she would be as helpless as in the initial case.

This was a daunting prospect for the pearl femme, who was completely aware of her inadequate build and the subsequent futility of her trying to become a warrior. In all honesty, had she had the proper build and muscle to entertain such an idea, it would have still proved fruitless in the face of her peaceful, tranquility-seeking nature. Unless provoked, and not even always then, Urma was simply not the type of person to go picking for a fight, or even to agree to one that was on the verge of taking place. Violence had the unlucky gift of reminding the blanched she-wolf of her mother’s torment at the hands of her father, and this memory in turn, triggered a repulsed reaction at the recollection of her parents’ relationship. It had done neither her, nor her siblings any good to witness the degradation of their parents, fueled by rage, anger, hatred, spite and the refusal to repent and be forgiven, all results of the same thing: the inevitable fight and its many underlying layers of bickering, reproach and revengefulness.

The ivory Dreamer had witnessed too many fights to ever want to taste the cruelty and deception of a violent nature. She knew all of its forms and manifestations all too well, and that was partly why her ‘too close for comfort’ encounter with the Dahlian Head Scout had failed to awaken more than a dormant fear of not being able to stand up for herself. Indeed, her life had been poisoned by misfortunes that had one way or another had something to do with her poor defensive skills, as a consequence of her lack of training in any sort of technique, even that of avoiding sustaining too much damage during a battle. But fear had never seized her with such force as it had when she had faced Haku. It wasn’t that she had never dealt with any blows to resemble his, both in the damage they inflicted, as well as in the force with which that damage was brought upon the victim; the one thing that Haku could instill far better in an opponent was dread. Seeing poison twinkling in his cerulean orbs sent shivers down your spine, and his open jaws screamed a thousand deaths all at once. Haku was one of the few people Urma had ever encountered to whom inflicting damage was not the main satisfaction, but breaking his victim emotionally and mentally.

Thoughts and memories had become so crowded in the white Crimson Dreamer’s head that she had failed to pick up the scent of Aniwaya, familiar with her through Ember. She slowed down her two-legged pace, involuntarily tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before pushing some of her hair out of her face. Her golden orbs tried to take her surroundings in, knowing that she would become acquainted with these lands so long as what she had set out to do here today succeeded. The colourful beads in her hair clicked against each other rhythmically, like the vague ancestral sound of some primordial drums. The soft breeze caressed her face, easing some of the anticipation her coming here had made her feel.

She was uncertain as to what to expect of this meeting, but the fact that she had even had the courage to seek out this particular male was an encouraging start. Except for his skills in battle, Urma had gathered little else about him. The few details she did possess, however, were related to his sharing the leadership of Aniwaya with Ember. If he proved to be indeed as socially-inclined as Ember, chances were that her plea would not go unheard, despite the fact that it would probably be of little to no significance to him. However, these analogies did not always prove accurate-- it had not happened so long ago that Urma could not remember the striking dissimilarity in manner between Geneva and Jefferson, the leaders of Phoenix Valley.

Knowing that her thoughts would only help her worries grow in magnitude, she sat down, feet folded like a pretzel, a pose she had come to associate with Pilot, and raised her slender head up to the sky to let a single, neutral howl escape her, loud enough for it to be carried a suitable distance in-land. Its distinctive sound held a single name: Dawali Amara. Should he by any means be too busy to be able to respond himself, at least another wolf would know that the call had been made for their male leader and would act on it accordingly. Worst case scenario, another wolf would inform her that their leader was currently unavailable and she would have to return another time, in the hopes of better luck.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 378 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

It was one of those days when Dawali did little. Though, still when he had little to do, his mind worked furiously. He thought of his own actions towards... certain people. He thought of all the obligations he had, how he always promised to do things without really stopping to figure out how that fit in between all the other things he had to do. He was teaching Cambria to be a medic, and that was a promise he held highly. Still, though, there were all the other things he was doing, like securing the fences for the winter, managing the stable, and generally being available for the tribesmembers, in case they should need him. Then he trained, and maintained the skills he had in hunting techniques and craftmanship. How many blankets did one male need, though? All of these thoughts circled his mind like vultures, ready to land and pick away as soon as he was no longer active with something. And so he was quite relieved when a call sounded for him. He got up and stretched a moment before heading outside. He would not use Belle today; stopping by the stable to fetch her would only delay him. His little hut was some distance from the border, but this female who had called had better just be patient. His legs could only go so fast.

He moved at a comfortable pace, powerful strides carrying him effectively, yet not in a strenuous manner across the tribe's claimed lands and to the borders. It took some time, naturally, but not unreasonably long. He always liked how they had managed to stick the village almost at the center of the claimed lands. Soon enough, he could see the waiting form of a whilte-pelted female, and he thought for Tayui for a moment as he approached her. Once close enough for dialogue without having to shout to one another, Dawali slowed down and walked very calmly, giving the femme his usual gereting; a prolonged nod, almost a bow of the head only in a way. He held the position and introduced himself, before letting his head rise and his eyes search out those of the female in front of him.
"The name's Dawali Amara. How can I help you?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: This is late, I'm really sorry! It's just that school is being extremely difficult right now Sad ::Word Count:: 600+

The wait was not long, but it brought back other thoughts of situations similar to this one. It seemed that lately she had spent the better part of her time visiting other lands, places that both resembled and differed from her home turf, Crimson Dreams. Although most of the times her visits had held welcoming encounters, such as her hunt alongside Cwmfen, her conversation with Heath, the irony lacing Jefferson’s remarks and the cool, composed attitude of Inferni’s Aquila, Gabriel, they had not all been made with such clear objectives in mind. Excepting her desire to find an explanation concerning Pilot’s absence and her subsequent talk with the de le Poer leader, all of her other meetings had been by chance, when she was looking for other wolves. Dahlia de Mai had represented Lubomir’s home, only she had not found him and had spent her time alongside the huntress of the pack instead. The alabaster femme’s wish to see her good friend, Naniko, had brought her to Phoenix Valley, whereupon she had first made the acquaintance of one of their leaders, Jefferson. As for Cour de Miracles, simple curiousity had pushed her toward the boundaries of the pack, facilitating her unexpected encounter with one of their members. Her visit to Aniwaya, however, had a clear reason-- the fact that this was Dawali Amara’s home, and she needed to find him if she ever hoped to master any of the skills of defense.

Comfortably seated as she was, the pearl-furred Crimson Dreamer did not feel that she was waiting. It only felt reasonable that her call would not be answered immediately, therefore she was not troubled about the lack of any sign of life beyond the pack’s borders. When the silhouette of a male could be discerned against the horizon, however, she knew that she would finally find an answer to her request. She swiftly got up, unconsciously tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, making the beads in her hair click against one another melodiously. She was trembling slightly, the fact that she knew exactly what she wanted troubling her a bit and keeping her on edge. The blanched female could only hope that her luck held and she would not be detained by another Aniwayan and that the male approaching her was indeed the one she sought. The moment he introduced himself, Urma’s heart leapt with a mixture of panic and relief, but she did her best to compose herself so that her voice would not be shaky as she answered, “I am pleased to make your acquaintance. It is you I am seeking.” Her voice still held traces of her discomfort, but she hoped that the Aniwayan leader would not interpret it as a sign of weakness, lest that made him reluctant to grant her request. “I have no other ties to your pack except the fact that I know Ember Phoenix, but it is not on her behalf that I come to you now. I would like to ask for your help on a different matter, concerning myself, though I understand if you are unable or unwilling to help me, as I am just a stranger to you. All I can give you is my name, and the pack I belong to, should this information be of any relevance to you. I am Urma, and I come from Crimson Dreams. My request is personal, and it is simple, and I will say it now so that you may decide whether you can aid me or not: I am looking for someone who can teach me to defend myself in a fight, should that need ever arrive, and your skills as a warrior have reached my ears. This is why I have come.” Her voice had by now grown weak, and she drew her ears back in apology for her nervousness.
[/html]
[html]

Don't worry! I know how it feels all too well >< Word Count: 474

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

He remained still as she spoke, but he felt surprise at her words. For one thing, strangers he had never heard of by someone else's words usually never sought him out, and once she explained why she sought him, he was further surprised. He was not a warrior, and had never been. He would never be. The last time he had fought was several seasons ago, yet the images and horrors still haunted him sometimes. It was not as much the violence, as the instincts he had felt inside of him, and the things they had caused him to do. Considering this for a moment, he thought that she was perhaps correct in at least one of her assumptions: he did know how to avoid a fight, and if one was unlucky, how to avoid taking damage in a fight. Though, in his struggle with Brennt, no amount of training could have saved him had it not been for Cwmfen's efforts to wound the male beforehand. Even then, he had nearly lost his life. Then again, Urma was not him, and did perhaps not face the same mental battles as himself in the face of danger. One last thought crossed his mind; word had reached this female, Urma, of his skills as a warrior? She had spoken to Ember? The idea that his sub-leader perhaps had spoken warmly of him in such terms was oddly unsettling, and he let the thought go before the temptation to linger on it grew too strong. Shaking it ioff, he studied Urma for a moment, before he nodded, and his gaze trailed to the side. He could help her.

"Crimson Dreams is our neighbor, and our friends. We are not allies, but I've always thought it is important to aid one's friends." He paused, realizing that he was sounding very formal, as if they were making some kind of agreement. "You may be disappointed; I have little training in the ways of war. I can, however, help you with protecting yourself, and to survive an encounter." Protection was more important than the ability to kill. The ability to run away was the most important one; one should choose one's path carefully. Dawali was skilled in running away, and he was not ashamed of it. He was a medic, and in times of war his skills were needed. If he got himself killed in a moment of pride or ego, many more would suffer. In his case, there was pride in running away, and shame in staying to take blows that could have been avoided. "Mainly, what I can teach you is to defend yourself with various weapons, improvised or familiar, and more importantly; to run away." His gaze was sincere as he stared at her, wondering what she would think of this. It was all he could offer.

[/html]