No turning back {j}
Character Name: Bris Stormbringer
Character Birthdate (including year): 23 April 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Species: 50% Mackenzie Tundra Wolf / 50% Eastern Timber Wolf
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM = ScarletWolfsong
Initial post:

[html]
She'd happened upon the scent several weeks ago. The familiarity of it had made the young girl stop dead in her tracks, and her sharp black nose was instantly hooked on the trail. It had taken awhile to track down the very source of the trail, but Kol's unique scent was definitely intermingled with the border line of Dahlia de Mai. Bris respectfully stayed a few feet away from that glaring territorial boundary, but she couldn't slake her curiousity at her half-sister's return to Souls. Kol had seemed happy to remain in Solbjorg; Bris had even asked her to come to Souls with her on her initial trek out here, but the black female had refused. And yet there was no doubt in the youngster's mind that the familiar scent she could smell definitely belonged to Kol, and that it was very firmly planted within the pack scents of Dahlia.

It was the perfect excuse for the alabaster wolf to once again seek acceptance into the pack. Bris had entered Dahliah de Mai briefly a couple of months back, but her half-brother had managed to find her and drag her away, his sweet words swaying the girl's confidence in her ability to make a life of her own outside of Solbjorg. He'd tried to bring her back to the Valley, but she'd lost her courage to face her family again and had slipped past his notice one moonless night. Bris was old enough now that she'd been able to survive on her own, but her lack of direction and loneliness had started to take their toll. Just as she was about to give up and return to the Valley, Kol's scent had wafted into her waiting nose and led her straight back to the pack she'd wanted to make a life in months ago. It couldn't possibly be a coincidence, and Bris didn't take it as one.

Mani, the Packmother, shone in her full glory overhead as the white Stormbringer waited patiently at the border of Dahlia de Mai. The moon's light lent a particular shine to her ghostly coat, and Bris blanched a little inwardly as she looked down at her stark fur. It was the mark of her cursed blood, her reviled father's Dawnrunner heritage. Bris would have done anything to possess the beautiful, sleek pelt of her half-sister and most of her family. The brightness of her own snowy appearance made the young girl stick out in the night like Mani herself, and she hated it with a passion. Not yet a year old, Bris desperately hoped that her coat might darken as she aged, though the logical part of her told her she was merely being a fool. Sighing softly, the young wolf tried to clear her mind of such depressing thoughts as she waited for someone to discover her pressence.
[/html]
The new scent made Alex's eyes widen. It was the first time a new wolf got here after her arrival and the perspective of being the first one to find it was giving her a strange feeling. With the now declared war with the inferni she knew there were no chances to be taken and since she heared no howl to notify a stranger's presence she started to wander weather the newcomer had good plans or not.

Before heading to find the stranger, the black female assesed the situation carefuly but quite fast. It was her duty too to keep the boundaries safe and with no hesitation she headed towards the source of that new scent, howling for Haku little before she got closer to the new wolf. He was the one to really decide whtat was to be done about the new wolf. But if things turned out bad, Alex wanted to be there to prove she could help the pack somehow. It was a new situation for her and she wasn't going to endanger her pack by letting any anamy pass her.

Brown eyes stared the white figure in front of her noticing a pretty female not older than herself. The first thing that got in Alex's mind was that the new wolf posed no threat for her pack but an instinctive reaction was to reveal her ivory fangs in a mute growl. Her fur rised slightly on her back making her look quite impressive in that slightly aggressive position but she soon changed it with a more calm one.

A warm but cautios smile broke her aggressive face and the storm fire that seemed to burn in her eyes extinguished almost at a sign. Once more the nice but cautious wolf Alex took a few steps forward. May i help you?"
[html]
It didn't take long for someone to find her. The Stormbringer's mismatched eyes narrowed as she first noticed something moving in the distance, her stance folding submissively as the movement materialized into an ebony wolf making its way toward her. Her greeter seemed made of the very night itself, and Bris blanched a bit at the pack wolf's first impression of bared teeth. The white youngster lowered her ears, dipping herself even lower to the ground. Had she done something wrong? Bris was still outside the border, a respectful distance from the scent line marking the boundary. She'd been taught that for a lone stranger to howl for attention at a pack border was rude, and that one only did so if one had the backing of belonging to a different pack or knowing someone within. Whatever she'd done, Bris chided herself inwardly for raising her greeter's ire.

The girl didn't relax as the black female's stance calmed. Even so, Bris forced her voice to answer the pack wolf in a confident but respectful tone. "Yes, actually. My name is Bris, ma'am. I came to find my sister, Kol Stormbringer. I know she belongs to Dahlia de Mai, and I was hoping to maybe find a place here as well, if you'll have me." Not wishing to give a bad impression, the young female kept her two-toned eyes averted, making sure her greeter knew she posed no threat and gave no challenge. No matter the outcome of her attempt at finding a place, Mani would light her way, and Freya would give her the strength to keep going toward whatever the future could hold. Of course, sending up a prayer that things would go her way couldn't hurt either.
[/html]
A warm smile set on Alex's face as she realised the wolfess was no threat for her pack nor did she came with bad things in mind. It actually made her like the white woman after hearing her respectful tone.It seemed to her she wasn't deserving that respect but she recived it with another smile. I'm Alex. The ebony wolfess spoke on a gentle almost submissive tone trying to show her appologies for her agression. She decided not to say nothing more on that subject though.

I see you know someone in this pack... Her voice died out as she made the newcomer a sign to approach. She hated being so far from one that talked to her. The truth was Alex had no idea if the young female was lying since she herself had many members to meet. She took the answer as an honest one though, sencing the white female's submission.

The lider will soon de here if you need anything. Alex layed on the snowy path watching the wolfess. Since than we could chat alittle. There was something in her voice that made her seem careless but inside she was glad to finally have someone to talk to. And evanthought the stranger was a still young wolf she knew she could be nice company.
[html]
Bris maintained her respectful stance and her distance at first, edging closer to the border only upon the black female's invitation. The pack wolf's demeanor seemed to lighten substantially with Bris' introduction, and she pulled her lips into a somewhat shy smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Alex." For a moment, silence hung over the pair of opposites, broken by more friendly words from the black Dahlia woman. "My sister Kol first joined Dahlia over a year ago. I know she went through some sort of war and everything, and then she came back home to the family for awhile because of our own conflict. Once everything was sorted, she came back with her mate Elliot though I hadn't known that at the time. I came looking for her, and found her scent here." Bris didn't go into any more detail about everything that had happened at home; there was no need to.

At Alex's next comment, Bris smiled softly and nodded. "Thank you. So how long have you been here? What's the pack like? I've heard good things from Kol, but I know she's probably a little biased either way." The girl offered her greeter a wink and a smile, letting her know she meant the remark in a teasing fashion against her older sister.
[/html]
Alex started to like the new wolf more and more as she listened her sweet voice started to explain everything. It was good for the ebony woman to have some company after such a long time of solitude but it was also good to know much about her pack. And the white female seemed to know everything better that Alex herself managed to find out. That only make her admire the young stranger evan more.

Please stop calling me Miss. .She spoke kindly. It wasn't her type being rised in praise or such and after all the difference between her and the other female wasn't so big either. And besides that she wasn't evan high ranked to deserve such an appelative. After she fixed that thing she kept on, relaxing obviously. Unlike many wolves she met, Alex wasn't the all aggressive kind that kept cold and stuff like that. She prefered a kind, nice talk to an useless argue.

So you have quite a backround around here.. She continued on the same relaxed tone than paused a bit to recall if she met any Kol since she joined. For nothing came to her, Alex shook her head alittle like she wanted to chase away a thought than returned to the talk she suspended for a few seconds. I've joined a while ago...Mabe a week or so. Not much that i know about the pack for now but i've seen them on a pack meeting and everyone seems ok to me. Of course i can't judge anyone just yet. The Rosen is a very nice wolf though he's alittle strange too. Alex decided not to go on with her story. She was curious about the new wolf and sure she had so much to learn from her.

The next thought that got to her made Alex become worried. war was already declared and the new female was about to ask joining into one of the packs involved. She was still young and the idea of endangerring anyone made Alex shiver. Especially with a young one like she was. You know, was is coming.... Her voice died out. It's going to be pretty bad as far as i was told. She looked away than rised on her big redish paws and watched the young female with worry on her face. She almost started to regret calling for haku. Mabe if she didn't the white female could just go away from the danger she seemed so happy to risk. Mabe she just had no idea...
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... _table.jpg);">
LALALA

There was recognition within Haku’s blue orbs as he arrived, but whether or not he was positive to Bris’ return would remain unknown. An ear was flickered back in disapproval of his resting pack member, but he knew well that he could not fully convert Dahlia’s members into soldiers within a few weeks. They were all going to die and as they drew closer to death they would hopefully realize their mistakes and failures on their own. They did not need him to show them this. His distaste for the black and red woman’s behaviour was not strong enough to give him reason to speak out loud about the matter and she had already rose by the time he had reached the female pair. A small nod of his muzzle was all that was granted before his full attention danced back to the young female that already had shown her lack of loyalty once. It seemed to be a common trait in the Stormbringers. Why did the girl choose to return to the flower power pack at such times? Would she turn out to possess strength or would she only weight them down?

”Little Bris, I did not expect to see you again so soon,” the leader’s dark voice rumbled with false gentleness. That was it for his attention span and he turned fully to Alex. ”What does she want?” Of course he knew this situation well by the look of it, but Haku was to deal with this his own way as always.

[/html]
[html]
Bris kept quiet as her greeter spoke, offering a nod when she asked the youngster to drop the title of "miss" when addressing her. Slight awkwardness hung in the air as they waited for the arrival of a leader. At the mention of the pack's Rosen, Bris tilted her head slightly. The last time she'd passed through, Cercelee was the Rosea and there was no Rosen beside her. The other leader had been a male named Haku, though he'd been second-in-command at Lilium. The change in Dahlian leadership made the girl uneasy; she was always looking for some form of familiarity to bring something solid to her life. Yet here again she was faced with the prospect of difference.

The next comment about war on the horizon for Dahlia was not as much of a shock as it could have been. After all, Kol had spoken of a war with Inferni when she'd first arrived over a year ago, and Bris was the very product of a war in her homeland between her Stormbringer bloodline and the misguided Dawnrunners. "War doesn't scare me now. After all, everyone dies at some point, it's just a question of how. Whether it's in a war, starvation, sickness, or old age, what's the difference? This is where my sister is and this is where I'd like to be, if the Rosen will have me."

At her last words, the realization again struck the girl that she had no idea this time who the Rosen actually was. "Excuse my ignorance, but I had thought the leader of Dahlia was a female? What's the Rosen's name, if I may ask?" As if on cue, before her last word was out, Bris had her answer. The chocolate male with the strikingly blue eyes appeared on scene, his manner one of unquestionable authority. Haku had been intimidating the last time Bris had passed through. This time he could be described as downright terrifying. At his approach, the white girl automatically hunkered herself down in submission, her mismatched eyes averted respectfully. The disapproval in the male's voice was obvious behind his gentle facade, and the girl felt shame heat her cheeks beneath her snowy white fur. "Haku sir, I apologize for my absence, especially so shortly after you'd granted me a home the last time. I was confused, and didn't know what I wanted. I sought advice from someone I was close to outside of Souls, and lost all track of just how long I'd been gone." Before she had a chance to ask for a second chance at joining the ranks of Dahlia, the leader turned his attention to his ebony subordinate. Knowing her place as an outsider, Bris held her tongue and waited.
[/html]
Alex didn't had much time to answer the white female's questions before the well known figure of Haku interrupted their little talk. Disaproval could be read on his brown face and The black female knew all too well she wasn't the only reason. At first she had no idea what she did wrong but she realised shortly she was kind of too relaxed with a stranger.

The female lowered her tail and nodded her head in a cold but steady salute, staring the blue orbs and answering with a strong glance of her own, one not defying but explanatory of her situation. The moment didn't lasted long though before the Rosen asked her what the female wanted. " She is here to join us." Her calm and equal voice was quite a shocking transformation from what her previous acting was. Alex knew the male would like to see some kind of coldness from her and figured that was the best way of appologizing for her relaxation.

" As far as i found out she knows these places and evan has some relatives around here. Her eyes shined with a strange excitement. It was in her interest to have the young female accepted for she could prove a nice friend and a good source of information. " If you allow me to say my oppinion... her voice became lower and her head dropped alittle in a submissive manner. " She seems to be ok... Of course, the term ok was just relative in the given situation and Alex knew Haku had a better idea about the newcomer but she decided to take her part. After all evan if he was going to get mad at her, Alex was sure it was worth the effort as long as she helps the young female.
[html]
wcp 5

Face tilted slowly as the white female decided to dare to speak in his presence without his direct allowance and now that intensive gaze returned to the bi-coloured orbs that she had best to keep at the ground. Haku did rarely bother to truly do things after the books, but some of the latest additions to the pack had made his ego hungry for more. Simple Minos and his primitive obedience, other members that seemed to worship him and crawl with submission did they only suspect his presence. He liked it. He liked it a lot. He did not want to see them think openly. He wished for none of his pack members to possess higher minds. They were all going to be tossed into the hungry fires of war. Not once did it occur to the beast that his life too was one that could be threatened and removed in the battles that lay ahead. He was truly incapable of thinking such thoughts, because he knew that he was a higher being with a glorious quest. When Haku thought of death, it was in a spiritual sense. His body and his glowing blue eyes would never falter, would never die.

”And are you less confused today?” he wondered, eyeing her with that arrogance that suited him so well. Fresh cuts shone hotter than those old faded lines in his face. It should be obvious to her that peace and quiet would not be found within these lands. Why exactly was she here. Overall he knew that it was beneath him to ponder about her reasons. He had more important and giving things to take care of, but some individuals seemed to get to him more than others and the Stormbringers blood line had always whispered of dark matter even though the last ones he had seen had failed so hard. Haku was slowly changing. Images sometimes flashed across his eyes and he knew that it was the future he saw dancing in front of him. He was not the ultimate beast. For now he could settle for the title, but he was imperfect and it was unacceptable. There was gold and there was crimson and those two would mingle and create a new kind of canine. Haku was merely a messenger. The apocalypse lay far ahead still.

Alex was not particularly helpful either. “Ok” was not a word that meant much in the male’s ears, but there was no reactions dancing across the beast’s face as the pack woman spoke her words. ”Would you let her into the pack if you were me?” he wondered slowly and turned his glare to the dark furred female. ”Even if she has already betrayed us once?” His voice turned darker, as if there might be a building rage inside his chest at this thought. Truly it mattered little whether or not she had left and come back. Significant pieces did not harm the majority if they were to disappear. His eyes moved over to the white woman again. At least he would be given a pretty face for the coyotes to ruin.

[/html]
[html]
Bris had spoken her mind to both greeter and leader, and now she knew well to keep her mouth shut. Alex spoke up in support of granting the white girl a place among the Dahlians, and her mood lifted ever so slightly. The glimmer of hope was shortlived, however, as Haku's words cut through the air like a dagger. To many, his question would not seem so cutting, but Bris could very well hear the mocking sarcasm behind the words. She responded promptly. "Yes, Haku sir. I no longer harbor any confusion whatsoever." Her tone was respectful and to the point, her bicolored eyes still kept respectfully averted from the Rosen's powerful gaze.

Bris held her grovelling position as the chocolate leader turned that gaze to the dark woman who'd been her greeter. She resisted the urge to flinch as he called the young girl's absence a betrayal. Despite her desire to explain herself, Bris wisely held her tongue. Haku was less forgiving and pleasant this time around, and she didn't wish to raise his ire any more than it already was. He could very well chase her away from Dahlia's borders and put a death warrant on her head if he so chose, and Bris wanted very much to join the ranks of the pack her sister so loved. Perhaps she was getting herself in over her head with the onset of another war, not to mention the ever-more-obvious strict rule of Haku, but the Stormbringer had made her decision and she would stick by it as long as Dahlia would have her among them. Unmoving, she awaited her fate.
[/html]
Alex's gaze flinched to Haku as he adressed her, tension filling the space between them. It was something about the white female that made her feel confident about her but there was something else that advised her to be cautious. She also knew her opinion counted so little she would actually not change much about Haku's mind yet she wanted to prove able to make those kind of decisions. "If i were you i would be cautious about her yet i would allow her one more chance of proving right, with the vow of death in case her loyalty switches again." She knew her words sounded harsh but she figured Haku was made out of those kind of decissions and probably he was going to like that.

I would also put some eyes on her to make sure there are no bad intentions in her mind and i'd wait to see how she goes. Her eyes stared a moment on the ground than again in Haku's cold eyes. I really think she'll have a chance of proving her loyalty soon enough. there's nothing better than war to test one and evan if she has something else in mind there's little she can do to hurt us if we win. She turned towards the new female with a hint of sadness for her seemingly sad fate. She knew trouble would come and many will die but also knew everyone needed a chance to pick a side and help. For a second Alex thought it was quite a good thing throwing innocent ones into the ever burning flames of war. If they survive, a new door openes for their now strong souls, if not, they'll just be spared of a life of ever growing pitty.

She chased away the thoughts that came like a tornado into her mind and on a lower, more respectful tone she continued: "But it's not my call..." And she didn't wanted it to be for a second. Alex just couldn't seil a fate that fast, couldn't put innocent lifes in line for one grater good that sometimes seemed almost as bad as the grater evil knocking on the doors of life. It wasn't her to choose and the thought that sometime she just might be put in one situation like that made her fur slightly rise on her back. Her face though remained still and cold as many times before...
[html]
WELCOME :]] wcp 3

Bris’ reply did not bring any form of reassurance to the chocolate and cream coated male. Everyone could lie and everyone could turn their back to those who counted and trusted them to follow their own egocentric desires. Haku understood this well, for he was egoism in the flesh along with so much else that made him truly horrible. Right now he was imagining blood splatter disrupting the pretty white pelt of the woman that had said that she was confused. About what and why had confusion turned into certainty? It was quite clear that these were not ideal times to join Dahlia yet so many had decided to do just that. Rumours spoke of Inferni’s number rising towards the sky as well. Just like cancer, the male snickered silently. Or perhaps it was the opposite. Inferni’s numbers were multiplying so to deal with the sickness and blood that Haku Soul created with joy in his destroyed heart.

He did listen to the dark coated female’s words, but she failed. In reality her words made sense, but no one held worthy thoughts and opinions except for Haku Soul. He had been swallowed by his own believed immortality and had a god complex. If the woman’s loyalty switched and she disappeared yet again then how death could be dealt to her? She saved herself by adding in the end that this was not her call and ”You are right, it is not,” the male said darkly and smiled emptily at the young woman with the bi-coloured eyes. Little Bris. ”I need eyes elsewhere. We are in a war and we have enough members babysitting young and sick – I’d rather not waste another one by following this little girl around.” He stepped closer to the white female and wished for crimson drops to turn her lovely white into pink and red and brown and black. ”Defend your pack, Bris. Show us all who you belong to.”

His short excuse for a tail whipped through the cold air and he was done here. She would stay or she would leave, it was as simple as that. The Rosen turned away and took off, yet took an entire moment to stop next to the Dahlian member that had greeted her to offer her something that was considered quite rare. ”Well done,” he said and then he continued to trail the border as he always did day and night and everything in-between.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.