honestly
[html]

He didn't really know he had gone so far.

He had been following the beach nearby Jaded Shadows and had kept going — looking at his walking feet the whole time — and had ended up feeling really anxious. He looked up and got a bigger look of his surroundings, and began to understand why he felt so on edge. This was part of the same coastline, yes, but it smelled different. Claimed. The scent was a bit bogged down from the salty tang of the ocean, but it was there. Ari's blue eyes darted, and he began to back up. He didn't want to be here, and he didn't want to get in trouble. Not in the least. He was here to do nothing more than wait — not to get attached, not to get hurt, not to do anything. He just needed to get out.

So he began to backtrack along the beach, following his old pawsteps. He had trespassed pretty deeply into the territory, though, and he would have to be very quick before someone caught him. He thought about running, but assumed that would be more suspicious. No, he'd simply walk out as quickly as possible.

[/html]
[html]

She had all the time in the world...but nothing to do. Empusa sighed as she kicked her feet forward, then pulled them back again. Now that she'd learned how to shift she could do certain things that she never would have been able to do as a normal coyote--she could climb trees, build fires, and, best of all, swing. But even that got tiring after a while of doing it. And she'd been doing it for at least four hours now.

The girl jumped out of the swing, rolling when she hit the ground. Well...this was exciting. She'd hoped that she might get hurt-break something, even. That would have given her something fun to do--take care of it. Instead, she was stuck being bored again. Now frustrated, the half-grown hybrid got up, stalking toward the borders.

Her red eyes searched out before her, looking for any others that might be up and about. It took her a while to see him, as she was walking in the same direction as he was, away from the lands...she must have been walking just a bit faster than him to catch up. Empusa tried to sneak as she went, running through the brush alongside him, intending to block his escape. She came out in front of him, fangs bared, threats already prepared behind her teeth. "Vot do you think you're doing here, volf? Tredding on the lands of my uncle"

[/html]
[html]

He hardly had time to react before the reddish-crimson blur he had seen in the corner of his eye materialized in front of him. Ari hadn't had too many interactions with coyotes, if at all. He had thought he had seen one or two wandering past his former pack lands, but that might have been his overactive imagination. This, however, was not. This girl was furious, and with good reason. In desperation, Ari flung up his hands, keeping them open by each side of his head. He hoped that that would be a universal sign for "PLZ DON'T KILL ME" or something. He hoped.

He wondered what his chances of running were. He wasn't very fast in his shifted form, and she would know the lands more. This was looking like a lose-lose situation, especially when she spat venomous words at him. He flinched, wishing that he could just leave and stay in Jaded Shadows and never leave. I-I'm sorry. I'm leaving, and I won't come back. I swear. He tried to make himself seem like a very small threat, but that might be bad. What if she didn't care, and thought than ass-kicking was in order anyway? Would his timidness only make that worse? He swallowed, looking down. He didn't have pride. He only had a will to get out of there without getting too terribly hurt.

[/html]