twilight zone
[html]

Oh, the winds are burning – ooc.
Sorry for making you wait an extra day Altafluff! Time is late afternoon, she's in her wolf form. ^^
~ Word count: 566 ~

Leaving me without a name – ic.
She'd not passed this way in months. Since her first arrival in Dahlia de Mai in the fall, Bris had been sticking around the southern portions of the lands of Souls. Her time had been occupied by most of the trivial challenges of growing up: her first female changes, her first shift, things of that nature. But now that she'd come to terms with the beginning of her adulthood, the white girl found herself with an insatiable desire to explore the territories surrounding her new home. Not to mention, the area of Drifter Bay was somewhat close to the forbidden territory of Inferni, the enemies of her pack in whom she carried so much interest.

The trek to get to the western peninsula of the bay had not been an easy one. The young Stormbringer had come dangerously close to the borders of the Inferni packlands, near enough to just make out the morbid lupine skulls erected on pikes ringing the borderline. The sight had made Bris cringe in disgust, her stomach turning as she hastily made her quiet way past the sight. Skirting the edges of the hated territory, the Gazon found a game trail leading through the Halcyon Mountains and up north around to the peninsula jutting out into the bay. Thankfully, she'd run into no other souls on her journey, and aside from the sight of Inferni's borders that still made her queasy it had been a pleasantly quiet trip.

Bris' ultimate destination was the small human village that lay on the very western edge of the territory itself. She'd heard it mentioned in passing conversations on her original journey to the lands of Souls, and the girl couldn't help but have her youthful curiosity piqued. She was now familiar with the human settlements whose remains had been claimed by Dahlia, and she'd managed to find several things to ask her sister about. Kol was educated in the strange markings found in the square parchments known as books, as were most of the Stormbringers, but Bris had left home too early to begin her studies in them. She'd found several books with pictures that interested her, and had brought them back to the treehouse she shared with her older sister for the start of her education. The ability to leave behind something of yourself in the world for others to find fascinated Bris, as did the stories and creativity of the odd, hairless creatures that had once ruled the earth. The young female was determined to learn the skills of reading and writing for her own, and she had proven to be a fast learner. She already knew enough words to complete reading through what humans would consider grade-school books, and there were often nights where she could be found below the treehouse with candles or a torch, eagerly devouring whatever the next book would be.

The village she found herself on the borders of now however was nothing like the towns of Dahlia de Mai. There were no remains of larger buildings than a barn, and the houses from the edge of the village looked simple and rather plain. The people who had made this settlement already appeared to be very different from the overeager former inhabitants of Berwick and Wolfville. Cautiously, Bris set one snowy paw in front of the other and began her entry into the quiet little sunlit village.

Table by me!

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 504 Hola~! No worries. Sonja is in her optime form... Tongue

The woman was thankful the rain stopped and hopefully stopped for the rest of the day. Raskolnikov was still gone, somewhere deep in the human village, and Sonja was all right. He was well enough to take care of himself and she did not doubt he was all right. Sonja did not like to worry and was as easy going as any other wolf. She had skinned the rabbit about an half an hour ago, ready to cook it but she did not want to cook it if her husband would not be on his way back any time soon. Cooked meat was not always that great after it had cooled down and she could only keep it warm for so long before it lost its juices and became tough to eat. Rabbit was unfortunately trickier, as well, but she was confident enough she could handle it. Perhaps when they finished the house, the two of them could go in search for bigger game in order to stock up and have for a treat for themselves. After working on the building, they would definitely need a work that expanded farther than the look of their hard work. They could easily work on something to help store food over long periods of time as she had in Italy.

She turned and noticed the heat stove was not at the appropriate flame she needed for when she put the meat inside the compartment for cooking. She picked up the carrying case and moved through the house and outside the door. It still gave her a little trouble and she wondered if Raskolnikov knew a way to fix a door that always ended up stuck. Her lips twisted and she stepped down away from house, working her way around the large structure to the area where a stack of firewood was kept. There was a cloth that was draped over them in order to protect the pieces from the snow. She wondered how well it worked if the cloth got wet but it was a fabric that repelled such a thing and she wondered just how smart the humans here lived. They had managed this and the rest of the village, after all.

Sonja stacked the wood in the carrying case, about eight smaller pieces, and returned to the front of the house. As she looked through her front yard, she had a bit of deja vu. She blinked toward the creature before she lifted an arm and offered a loud enough greeting to get her attention. She always managed to be the one to draw the wolves to her but she did not mind. The other could easily go on, greet her in passing, and go about their business. It would not hurt her feelings in the least, not everyone had to talk to her, but it was a nice gesture at least. She got to meet knew wolves and her friends would end up being spread out amount the lands Raskolnikov and herself called home.

<style>
.sonja-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sonja-A01 b {color:#70B4B5;}
.sonja-A01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sonja-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sonja-A01 {background-color:#32696A; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/sonjatable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Oh, the winds are burning – ooc.
<3

Leaving me without a name – ic.
The village was eerily quiet as the young female made her way farther in. The houses were small and quaint, their practicality obvious above all else. In some of the quarters of the towns Dahlia lay claim to there were houses of much more extravagance, hinting at a cultures of humans who lived well beyond the necessities of life. Bris couldn't understand this apparent ideology. That wasn't to say she didn't enjoy some of the little luxuries she'd found amongst the human dwellings (I mean really, who wouldn't enjoy a wonderfully soft downy blanket and mattress?) but there was a limit where little pleasures met excessive luxury.

The structures Bris passed by now held no hint of that excessively luxurious lifestyle. The were large enough to shelter a good-sized family, sturdy enough to have survived this long in the aftermath of the human extinction, and appeared to be built well enough to provide relief from the burning sun in summer, and from the bite of the snow and wind in winter. As her white paws took her farther down the little dirt road, Bris found herself admiring the particular humans who had built this place.

The voice that broke the quiet of the day halted Bris midstep. She'd become so enveloped in her thoughts that she'd completely missed any sign that would have told her of someone else's pressence. Now that she was jolted back to reality, she realized that from one of the dwellings flowed a plume of smoke, its grey wisps floating forth from a small chimney. Apparently someone had taken up residence in the house, at least temporarily, and Bris suddenly felt very much as though she were intruding. Yet as she caught sight of the woman who had called out a greeting, the white female decided to display proper manners despite her embarrassment and sauntered over with a friendly smile on her lips. "Good afternoon! Please forgive me for trespassing, I didn't know anyone actually lived here. I'm really very sorry to have disturbed you." As she stopped a polite distance from the stranger, Bris offered a dip of her head in her own respectful greeting. "My name is Bris, and it's a pleasure to meet you miss." Once again a friendly smile lit up the girl's face, her mismatched eyes glimmering with good humor in the light of the dying sun.

Table by me!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry I suck. O:

The woman took her greeting warmly but she went on in the English language and her brows burrowed between her eyes in confusion. She spoke so fast that she barely was able to get any sort of clues of what she was saying and instead slowly nodded with a bit of an awkward smile. When the other came to a stop, taking a breath, and then introduced herself, Sonja's smile widened. That much she gathered, at least, and he rest was the next battle. "Non capisco. Sono spiacente," she explained, before she moved on. Perhaps Bris could slow down, or break it up, but she realized she spoke in Italian and that was not going to get them anywhere. "I am sorry," she breathed hesitantly and shook her head. "I do not understand," she said, but her voice was rather robotic.

"My name is Sonja Russo," she said in a similar voice as before. In Italy, wolves would have to accustom to her and get to know her language instead of the other way around. It was so different here and she knew how the other wolves felt when thrown in such a world. She smiled nonetheless and shuffled her feet, clutching the carrier that held her pieces of wood. Her ears twitched upon her head slightly but did not fell rushed about the situation. "I was just getting wood," she said and lifted as if she might have said the wrong word and decided to emphasize to make sure.

<style>
.sonja-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sonja-A01 b {color:#70B4B5;}
.sonja-A01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sonja-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sonja-A01 {background-color:#32696A; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/sonjatable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Lol you do not suck! You know what does? I totally had an awesome name for your guild in my head yesterday and when I got home from being out, I couldn't for the life of me remember it. x.x THAT sucks.

Bris' mismatched eyes widened a bit as the dark woman spoke in what to the girl's ears was jibberish. The Stormbringer had never before met anyone who did not speak the language she was familiar with. Cerridwyn spoke with a heavy accent, as had a few other strangers, but it was still the same language. The white girl blinked in confusion before her new acquaintance made another attempt at conversation. This time, Bris understood her, and she found herself warming to the lady already. When she mustered a reply, she made sure to speak a little more slowly, and to pay attention to whether or not the woman understood her words."Sonja, that's a pretty name!" As she returned Sonja's somewhat shy smile, her gaze turned to the wood in her clutches. "Oh! Do you need help?"

It was beginning to amaze the young girl just how different the wolves were that called Souls their home. Never had she seen so many varying cultures, beliefs, and even appearances as she had here. It was almost as though the lands themselves sent out a silent call to anyone who'd ever sought their own place in the world, and welcomed them with open arms. That wasn't to say there weren't misfits and lost ones in the lands, hardly. There just seemed to be something about Souls that endeared one to it. Bris was starting to understand just why Kol and Drey had wanted to return. It was a feeling of belonging, and Bris was just beginning to feel it too.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]