OOC Joining Thread
I commited a Souls faux pas by posting my first thread without an official joining thread. In hopes of correcting this, I present to you all the following information:

1. Character Name: Delwyn Zazkez
2. Character Birthdate (including year): December 7th 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus, much too young to have shifted yet.
4. Gender: Male
5. Your e-mail: Ordigtroll@yahoo.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM, Screename: Capricious150
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: By association to Lin (Jefferson Soul) and Adam (Ty Trenton Nasphrite)
8. If joining OOCly, 3 examples of Role Play: Played and Storytold/Dungeon Mastered in the table top settings Exalted, Scion and Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (2nd, 3rd, and 3.5th editions)

If I am accepted, my first post (currently closed) titled Baby Steps to Independance, A Pup's First Memory is open to all who wish the meet the rambunctious, somewhat precocious youth.
Hey all! Please excuse the length of time it took for me to deal with this. I am now going to add three examples of roleplay, per the Joining Thread rules (correctly this time... I hope!) The first two examples will be posted verbatim from the other thread I erroneously started.

Example 1:

The occasional ray of sunlight broke through the clouds. Somewhere in the trees a raven cried its bitter cry. Free of cares or worry, unconcerned with the realities of war, a young Luperci pup was tearing through the snow like a lightning bolt. His snow-white fur would have rendered him nearly invisible against the white powder on the ground if he were capable of staying still for more than two seconds. Delwyn Zazkex was a model of innocence and wonder. A nearby rustling perked his ears up with curiosity. Without a moment's hesitation he tore over to the source of the noise.

Luckily for the pup, it wasn't a hungry predator: in this case it was a scrawny hare. The long eared vermin froze with terror at the engergetic pup's rapid approach. "Hello there!" Delwyn yipped. The hare said nothing. "Why are your ears so big?" Asked the pup. Without waiting for a response (which is just as well, because there wasn't going to be one), the pup continued: "Do you know my mama? Is there any food back there? Do you live in a cabin too? What's your name?" The hare finally decided it wasn't in any danger, and scampered off. Delwyn cocked his head curiously for a moment, before losing interest and gnawing on a nearby stump.

The noon-day sun was muffled by the ever-present gray of winter, but the small glade Delwyn had found was naturally bright and inviting. The tiny luperci had wandered off further than he'd ever been from Xeris' cabin, which would surely worry his mother, but the hyperactive tyke hardly thought to consider that his actions would have consequences. In fact, it didn't even occur to him that all the noise he was making would surely nearby attract attention...
Example 2: This was a response to Cerridwyn, who had entered my thread

Delwyn could barely contain his excitement when a new playmate approached him. He shot like a tiny rocket and pranced around and between her feet before spinning around towards her: "You talk funny!" he grinned. Tact was not a skill he had quite mastered yet.

Suddenly he sat, his head cocked to one side. "Or maybe I talk funny. Does everyone else talk like you? How did you learn to talk like that?" Delwyn sniffed at the air. "What do you want to play?!" he asked, incapable of waiting for a response. Then, busily, he set about trying to grab hold of Cerridwyn's tail with his tiny milk fangs, and tug at it.
Example 3: This is something new I've been thinking about, which will obviously be unique to this thread. It's meant to be a very, very short story that covers a very important time in everythings life: an understanding that life sometimes must end. The 3 or 4 paragraph idea was inspired by an episode of Rugrats, I'm not ashamed to say. Hopefully you like it!

Delwyn Zazkex was always a tad over energetic. He would wander off without permission, he would play too rough with his siblings, and he would scare his mother half to death with his apparent lack of even the most basic understanding of self preservation. He was a bright pup, to be sure: always asking questions. The problem lay with his inability to focus for more than a minute on any one activity. Nothing particularly unusual for one so young, but high maintenance all the same.

And so it happened that one day Delwyn was scampering through the snow, not all too far from his cabin home, when he came across an injured old ground squirrel. How the squirrel was injured is unimportant: perhaps a bird attacked him, or perhaps a fox had tried to eat him. In any event, the squirrel was close to death, a concept that was totally alien to the snow-colored puppy. When he came barreling through the scrub, the squirrel was resigned to its fate. Delwyn, however, was hardly playing the predator, and was instead immediately overcome with curiosity. He sniffed and yipped at the tired little vermin, leaped about and laughed gleefully whenever the squirrel so much as peeped a noise. From his inexperienced eyes, this squirrel was a new friend.

But the squirrel quickly stopped moving around so much. Its breathing became labored. And, as these things happen, the squirrel passed away. Delwyn noticed that his new playmate had stopped moving. With glee he poked the squirrel with his nose to wake him. Nothing happened. Delwyn nudged the rodent a few more times. Nothing happened. The pup began to worry. He yelped at his new friend, rolled him over, and still nothing happened. Slowly, painfully, understanding began to creep into his mind. A basic realization that with life comes death: something most wolves and luperci learn much too young.

Dishearted but not depressed, Delwyn wandered back to his cabin. There his mother and his two siblings were engaged in warm conversation. Putting today's life lesson out of his mind, the puppy strutted over to his family, curled up, and fell asleep. It had been a tiring day.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.