A little birdy told me...
[html]
1. Character Name: Lotus Phoenix
2. Character Birthdate (including year): December 11, 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Wolf
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). TragediesOfPast (AIM)
7. How you found 'Souls: Jacoby
8. Initial post:

As a note: James and I have talked over this thread on AIM. With the way we have it planned it would make sense for Ember to be the one there to accept Lotus. It involves the passing of notes and prior communications that others wouldn't know about, I don't imagine. So yes, Lotus is only 3 months but Ember is adopting him. Which is another reason Ember is needed for this thread.

The pup walked happily across the border and into the pack, tail wagging happily behind him. He didn't realize he was trespassing or anything of the like. The only thing he knew was that his Mommy was here and he was looking to find her. Dier had mentioned that she was here. That she had come ahead of time to check and make sure that everything would be safe for him. He yipped and glanced back over his shoulder to were Dier was. Unbeknown to him there had previous communications between Dier and Ember to tell of his arrival. Yipping again he bounded forwards, four legs carrying him further into the pack. There was a note tied around his neck and was addressed to Ember. The previous communications explained who he was and what had happened to his family. This note simply stated that he was the pup that had been spoken of before. And just like Ember had been informed about him he had also been told who to look for. A brief description of who to look for had been given to him since he had been young when his Mommy had traveled with others in the tribe to make sure that the land ahead was safe and free of disease. That she would send word when he was to be taken to see her. And that time had finally come.

"MOMMY!" He called out, tail still wagging happy. The one thing that he didn't know was right where to find his Mommy. Dier hadn't told him where she lived beside the name of the tribe. But he wasn't too worried about it. His Mommy had asked for him so he knew that she was around somewhere and waiting for him. He just had to find her was all. "I'M HERE MOMMY!" Once again he was yelling, letting Ember know that he was around. And probably many others as well. He wasn't being stealthy having come wandering on another's lands. But then again he was too young to realize that you weren't supposed to just walk right in without knocking. That and he was eager to be with his Mommy again.
[/html]
Ooc: posting from blackberry

From what the dark wolf knew, the whelp was an orphan. She had been communicating with her adopted sister Dierdre via bird, scrawling out letters to her long lost kin by firelight every other night. As Dierdre had traveled closer and closer with Lotus she had been able to get the letters faster and faster. The Rhiannon had apparently taken the young pup in but was unable to care for him. She hadn't thought to ask if her sibling had been blessed with another litter; maybe that was the reason behind it. All that she knew was that the cinnamon female had asked for help, for Lotus to come to a place where he would have an entire pack for support.

Ember knew that the pup would be arriving today, and had made sure to get her regular duties out of the way so that she could be there at the border to wait for him. Dierdre would not stick around for very long if she did at all-- she had made mention of not wanting to remain in the lands. Bad memories, perhaps. Ember didn't know all of the wolf's story and she wouldn't question it. The pup needed a home and Aniwaya could certainly use another joyous youngster. A warrior-in- training, if he chose that path.

The shifted wolf stood tall and dark against the white backdrop, ears perked. He could come in anywhere, really. So focused was she on listening for him that she jumped nearly a foot in the air when his sharp cries met her ears. What was it that he was saying, though? She turned in the direction that she had heard the small voice, calling out as well. "Lotus? Is that you, kiddo?" she shouted, cupping her hand up by her muzzle to make the sound carry.
[html]
The pup heard the call of his name and came running. "MOMMY! MOMMY!" He shouted along the way in that gleeful little voice of his. His little paws carried him along, most of his coat causing him to blend in. "MOMMY! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He called out again as he glanced around, trying to spot the wolf that he was trying to find. But that didn't work out so well for him because as soon as he lost his focus he ended up tripping over his own paws and falling to the earth. But it didn't last long before he shook it off and started on his way again after getting back to his paws. It wasn't like it was the first time that he had fallen and it certainly wouldn't be the last. At least it would be highly unlikely that it would be the last. He wasn't exactly clumsy all the time but there were times when he got too excited and started to move faster than his little legs could keep up. Just as he had done.

He had been about to call out again when he finally saw the dark being standing out against the snow. "Mommy!" He giggled out and raced towards the figure. In his mind it could no one else standing there than who he was looking for. And clearly she was looking around for someone too. That someone had to be him. The small pup bounded through the snow, practically blending in except for the dark stripe down the middle of his back. He was still on four legs because he had yet learned to to shift. He still wasn't too far past three months so it wasn't like it was that strange. And he was used to two legged beings and knew that he would end up that way someday. But right now none of that was on his mind. He was just glad to be back with his Mommy right now.

He yipped and moved towards Ember, tail wagging happily still. Once he got to her he made to place his forepaws against her legs so that he could stand on his own hind legs and make himself just a bit taller. "Mommy! I've missed you!" He spoke the words in a rush, tongue lulling out in a pant. He practically danced on his hindpaws, still so full of energy. But it wasn't as if he could help it with how young he was. And ell, he was excited still.
[/html]
[html]
GOT COMPUTER BACK YAY. <3333

She wouldn't normally be the type to accept a puppy into her life, but she couldn't deny a plea for help...especially from her older sibling. Dierdre had been one of the ones to help pull her out of the avalanche when she had been overtaken by it when she had lived in Storm. The dark wolf had grown up respecting Dierdre for that one instance, at the very least.

As she looked about her nose was working as well, recognizing the very unique scent of her sister as she grew nearer to the child. The smell would fade with time, but she would breath in as much of the familiar scent as she could before then.

He came to her very suddenly and the wolf looked down as he raced to her side. He seemed very excited indeed...and she had never seen coloration like his on a pup before. His pelt played little tricks on her eyes as she tried to get a better look at him, blending in with the white backdrop all around them. "Eh..Mommy? You're the one I came here looking for, yeah? Lotus? What exactly did Dierdre tell you to look for?" She wasn't expecting the whelp to be calling her mother, that she could be a mother to somebody. It was a bit of shock to her mind, and she took a moment to recover before speaking again. "Dierdre isn't hanging around?"

She knelt down to be closer to his level. Hopefully he wouldn't be scared away by her cloak..or her sword or many piercings. Most were completely healed, as far as she knew...she could twist them with her fingers without any pain. The dark wolf reached a hand down to remove the note from around the pup's neck, if he would allow it.

[/html]
[html]
Yay for getting computer back! It took them long enough.

The boy didn't see that there was anything strange at all about him. He didn't realize that anyone could see anything off about him. But then again he couldn't understand why he was being confused for a boy when he was clearly a girl. But certainly his mommy wouldn't make that mistake. How could she? Mommies just knew that sort of thing. But certainly the note included Lotus's growing insistence that he was a girl and perhaps along with that a trip to the medicine woman was in order. Certainly it had to be some curable condition. And if it wasn't? Then it just had to be lived with. Others in the area would just have to get the memo. Though right now it could probably be passed off for a silly child's game. Something that would be hoped to grown out of. Like imaginary friends. Not that Lotus had any of those.

How could he not be excited? He had found who he had been told was his mother. So of course he was excited. He was glad that his long journey had come to a close. He had finally been reunited with his supposed family. "She said Mommy was really dark and pretty with pretty green eyes." In other words looking nothing like the pup whom had grey eyes and was mostly white except for the single black streak. Not that the pup knew anything about genetics. How could he? He was little more than three months old. He hadn't even gotten that shifting bug yet though it was sure to come soon. Instead he was just gullible enough to believe what he was told, so long as he wasn't being told that he was a boy. That was the one thing that he hadn't budged on yet. "No, she just brought me here to be with you. She said you found a good home where no one is sick and sent for me." He explained the simple things that he had been told along the way. He didn't know the full details of things but being a pup why should he know everything? Most of it was adult issues anyways.

How could he be scared of his Mommy? His Mommy loved him and so he loved his Mommy. Why should physical appearances matter? And to show such things didn't he reached up to try to lick happily at Ember's face when she had knelt down to get close to him. If it was even possible his tail wagged even more. He really was quite the gleeful little thing, even if a bit on the gullible side. But why would adults lie to him? It didn't make any sense at all. Especially about his Mommy. So of course he didn't mind the note being taken. It had Ember's name on it anyways so it was meant for her eyes.
[/html]
[html]
I'll get you titled up Smile

This was the sort of force that she had been fighting against for the last year or so, the question of her ever having any pups of her own. Her failed attempt at telling Dawali how she felt had been a major setback for her emotionally, right when she had actually allowed herself to start wondering about things like pups and motherhood. She had once been very afraid of pups, but being around Tayui's pups and being around her neices and nephew had helped her to open up more.

She listened to what the boy had to say about who he had been sent to look for. She couldn't deny him, tell him that she wasn't his mother. Dierdre had told him that he would find a mother here, and maybe this was a good thing. The pup licked at her face and she reached to give him a light pat on the head. "Yes, that's true. Mommy helps lead a tribe of wolves who lives here on these lands...as far as I know, no one's sick here."

Ember looked at the note, recognizing Dierdre's slanted handwriting. What was written there did not make sense to her entirely, about some of Lotus' mannerisms. She would try to be careful what she said around him so that she didn't hurt his feelings. "I guess everything's in order, then...welcome to yer new home, umm...Sweetie. I made a place in my den for you, cleared everything out and cleaned it up about a week ago so you'd be comfortable. Are you tired from all the walking? You don't look too heavy, I could carry ya."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
Sorry it took so long, implemented a new system at work and it just adds on even more stress.

Well now Ember didn't need pups of her own. Certainly should would have her hands full with this one alone. It could be considered sort of like training for when Ember had her own litter. that was if Ember decided to have her own after having to deal with Lotus. It wasn't that he was bad per say, just that he was curious and that led him into being into everything. So no doubt the pup would prove to be a handful but hopefully it wouldn't cause Ember to have bad feelings towards all pups. After all she was getting him later in life. After he had already developed a set pattern that would be hard to break.

"Mommy is a leader?" The words were spoken with a tilt of his head. He hadn't been informed of that much. Wow, his Mommy was important. He hadn't been told that much. What did that make him? He wasn't certain but wasn't too concerned with it. His Mommy was extra special and that was enough for him. With her position she would know right when anyone got sick and if they would have to move again. At least these were the scenarios that his young mind was coming up with. His Mommy was already a hero in his mind by going on ahead and scouting out a place for them but to find out that she was a leader too? That was mind blowing.

The pup laughed and shook his head. "I'm a big girl Mommy, I can walk on my own." And so there was a prime example of his delusions. Though it honestly wasn't something that he could help. His physical appearance just didn't match up with the one in his head. Or well, it mostly did except for a single aspect. It wasn't like he was overly large right now and he didn't really seem as if he would get massive either. Which would probably be a good thing. If he remained on the small side it would be easier for his delusions to be entertained by those around him. "Hey Mommy, when do I get to walk like you do? Will you teach me?" There was already the thought in his mind that he wanted to be just like his Mommy but finding out she was leader nearly planted it firmly there. He wanted to be special and important to. He wanted to make his Mommy proud of him.
[/html]
[html]

This would definitely be an adventure for the darkly furred wolf. She had looked after other peoples' pups before, but it was all new to her to actually have one living in her den. She had thought when the two little girl puppies had been brought to their border that they would end up living with her...but they had seemed to take to Hemming that day and she had accepted it. She had secretly wondered what it would be like to have a pup to care for herself, but it wasn't something that she had really considered or even believed would happen until she saw Lotus today. Notes were notes.

"Yep. So you should be on your best behavior while you live here. I'll try and show you right from wrong...but there are some lessons in life you'll have to learn for yerself" She'd had her own lessons like that. At the pup's response to her question she simply nodded, accepting his words. She would have to try and remember to treat him like a girl, if that was what he wanted. She'd never done this before, and she didn't want to mess it up.

They started back for the den and she looked down to speak to him as they went. "Like me? Up on two legs? I can try and show you sometime, but it'll be when you're a bit older. You can't learn to change and walk like this until you're older."

[/html]
[html]
I fail.

And it would be just as much of an adventure for the pup. But every day was an adventure for Lotus. He was young and so he didn't know anything. Every day was destined to be a new learning experience for him. There would be just some things that the two of them would have to learn together. Some experiences that could only be had while within each other's company. Lotus could only speculate what it would be like to have family and now he got to find that out. Just as Ember got to explore what it was like to have a pup. So perhaps they really were destined for each other. They certainly could use each other. Or well Lotus could use her at least.

He tilted his head as he listened to her words. "What sort of lessons?" He had no idea what she was talking about. But it wasn't too much of a concern though. He figured that it all would be figured out in time. That his Mommy would tell him just what he needed to know. But that didn't mean that it would stop all of the questioning. He was young after all. It was his prerogative to question everything. How else was he to find out about all of the things going on? With him being so young it wasn't like anyone would seek him out to tell him. It only meant that he would have to question absolutely everything.

The pup followed along on the trek to the den. He was excited, he couldn't wait to see the place that was made just for him. He figured that it had to be perfect since his Mommy had done it. How could it not be perfect when his Mommy had made it especially for him? "Why can't I learn now? I want to learn now." He felt ready to learn now so why couldn't he learn now? Why did he have to wait? "Please Mommy? Can I learn now? I'll be good." Head tilted so that he would look pleadingly up at her. He just didn't understand that it was his age restricting him. That his body was unable to handle the stress even if his mind figured he could.
[/html]