What great days these are
[html]

OOC: Well yay for interesting titles Big Grin

WC: 296

It seemed that he got more time to himself now that they were here, there seemed to be much less danger that he didn’t have to stick by his sister at all times, today was one of those days as she was once again locked in one of her books, fictional or non fiction he didn’t know, but right now it didn’t matter he was out yet again sifting through the snow, it was a beautiful thing but he was already getting tired of the cold, he shivered a little and looked up to spot a bird in the distance, he could tell it was a crow from where he was, and he wasn’t sure how it could possibly not be freezing with what feathers it had on it’s body. He was cold and he had thick fur. He shivered thinking about it, keeping his gaze up at the bird following as it perched on a leafless tree, he’d always wondered what it would be like to be able to fly, it would be wonderful, something he’d never experience in his life.

Although there was something he did read about in his sister’s books about flying, but it just looked too good to be true and he put it off as one of those things that were dreamed up before in a long ago history. He stood stark still as he watched the bird flap its wings and move from side to side on the branch it was perched on. He could tell it was keeping warm but it was also looking at something, what it was Niro couldn’t even see himself, maybe it was coming from near the sea? He shrugged it off, it was probably a small animal near the brink of death.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

ooc text. yay a thread

Ayita smiled as she pushed herself through the snow. She was so full of life today and ready to move on through the snow. Soon spring would come and then summer and fall. Her pups would be grown enough and she can have a litter with her mate. She really wanted to give him a family to make him feel wonderful. She was still at a loss as to what her mate had been feeling about her brother. She had allowed him to stay in their home and he slept in wolf form and mainly on the floor.

She looked around a bit and thought about what was going on. She felt her self slow as she emerged from the forest towards the sea edge."Wow its so nice today." She said to herself. She wasn't sure if anyone was around. Leaping on to a rock she observed the area not really noticing anyone she sat down. Looking at the sky she howled. Not to call anyone but just to sing. She loved the way a howl sounded. She stopped after a couple minutes as she sat there just looking out. Maybe there was more out there but who knew.

"....."
"....."

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante did not know what to do with himself today, but he did not like the idea of just sitting in the house. It was cold outside, but it was not something he could not handle, and he supposed he actually could tolerate it much more than many of the members of the pack, considering he was a snow dog mutt with very thick fur. In the form that he had been frequently using, as well, the cold did not bother him in the least. His secui form had even thicker fur, and his muscles found in all three forms were more pronounced. He was able to move with more strength, although less grace, and the cold did not bother him. It was, therefore, a win-win situation for him to continue using his secui form when outside of the house. The extra addition of intimidation to his appearance was nothing he could complain about, either, considering the current dangers of the region.

It was a nice enough day out, so he left the house, shaking out his thick, earthen-toned fur before heading in the direction that he thought he had seen Ayita go in that morning. So far, everything was going great between them, and he was incredibly happy. They had not been together for even two whole months yet, but that did not matter. Vigilante was a ready for a lifetime with her. He was not this happy all the time, especially at the beginning of the month. His birthday had never been a happy day for him - it had never been celebrated or anything - and this birthday had been most unpleasant, as it had marked the one-year anniversary of his sister's death. Pushing those thoughts away with a shake of his head, Vigilante finally spotted Ayita, as well as someone else that he did not know. It did not seem as if they had seen one another yet. "Hello, my dear," he said, grinning at his mate, then turned his attention to the other. "And hello. I am Vigilante Haskel, and this is my mate, Ayita. Are you new to the pack?" That seemed the most likely scenario, because, while Vigilante did not know everyone in Cour des Miracles, he did not recognize this one at all.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:222

his daydream was cut short with words from next to him and saw not one but two wolves close by and he was shocked he didn’t notice them beforehand, in smell or sound or anything, and it made him wonder, how long had they been standing there? It made him feel uncomfortable in a way that they could sneak up on him like that especially when he was normally good at sensing things.

”Oh Hi, I’m Niro, and yes, me and my sister Orin came a few days ago.”
Niro tried to make it look like they hadn’t surprised him. He felt unsure of himself, he never use to do the talking, he’d always let his sister do it, but she wasn’t here now, and it seemed that they were the new interest around here. Hopefully no one would be too interested long, He didn’t want to be the center of attention. He held out his long paw to shake the other’s hand. Hopefully they would see it as a welcomeing gesture, he didn’t know exactly how they acted over the seas from where he lived, they seemed nice enough, at least it wasn’t live or die here. Well as much as he’s seen, his guard was let down a lot more lately, maybe that’s why they snuck up on him.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

ooc text. So sorrry finally playing catch up

Ayita turned to see her mate she hadn't really noticed the other nor cared as she looked at Vigi. "Good morning love." She said as she turned to look at who he was greeting. She must be very oblivous today for not noticing the other wolf before her mate did. It didn't matter. Standing up from her perch she hopped down and looked at the young male. He was definatly new to the pack for she had not seen him before.

Smiling at him she nodded her head. "Hello its very nice to meet you." She said as she looked at him more. He looked healthy enough at least from his travels how ever far they may be he was fed decent enough. "You came with your sister how lovely. Traveling with siblings seems so fun." She was very kind. She wished she had known Zafier had been tailing her she would have waited and traveled here together. She would have had fun. Her brother and her were always so close and she knew he didn't fully approve of her love or her pups fully. That didn't matter if he cared about her he would deal with it and work with them.

"....."
"....."

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

Nuzzling his cheek against Ayita, Vigilante smiled at her fondly before giving proper attention to the boy that introduced himself as Niro. A hand was held out, and though he was not frequently using such gesutres, he felt rude by not offering his own, so the Constable took a moment to complete his shift, shaking loose the secui form as he stood on two legs again. With both Niro and Ayita in their two-legged forms, it seemed entirely appropriate that he use his, as well, regardless of what form he was in before. He was lucky enough to be able to use each form, and he enjoyed having the option. Standing to his full height, the doggish man held out his hand, gripping Niro's politely before lowering his arm. "It's a pleasure, Niro." It was his general nature to be polite, but it was also his duty for the pack, he supposed. Perhaps he was gifted to have already been personable. Their old Constable had been far from it, unfortunately.

Vigilante had never been gifted with the option of travelling with his sister anywhere. During her life, they had been isolated from most of the pack, as well as he had never had the option to leave in the first place. He did not begrudge Ayita or Niro for having a sibling nearby, though he was a tiny bit envious of such things, as he had no choice to do that. "How are you liking it here, so far?" he asked with a smile, curious to know what a newcomer might think about their humble little kingdom. It had become the doggish man's home quite some time ago, and he had no intentions of leaving it now. As one of the leaders, though, he felt it was also his job to find out how newcomers were finding their time in the pack. If a pack did not gain new members, then it would not flourish and grow, but rather, dwindle and fade away. New members were very important to a pack's continual development, the dog mix was completely aware.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hakuna matata Big Grin

WC:363

He smiled wider at the friendly greetings, it felt so good just to belong! Vigil was much taller than he was, but of course he was still a growing pup, but he doubted he’s get taller than Vigil himself, he and his sister were short of stature compared to most wolves, but that didn’t mean they were any less of a wolf, he was a natural hunter, he’d kept food in their bellies, no matter how hard winters got and what competition that was nearby.

Oh the pleasure’s all mine, it’s good to be able to talk to more than just my sister.

He still had his stupid pup grin on his face, without even knowing it, he was still shocked to see how nice everyone was here, they’d been greeted by the actual leader who welcomed them with open arms, especiall with Orin’s words of …. Well worship pretty much, Firefly seemed well enough she didn’t attack although she didn’t seem to like his sister much, but well it was hard to understand a wolf like Orin.

Oh I love it here, everyone’s been so nice, it’s just almost too much to believe, I’ve only heard of survival in packs until now, where I come from… it’s every wolf for himself. This is paradise.

He said, and it felt like just that, nothing seemed to be wrong in the pack at all it seemed to be a harmonious utopia, something definitely out of a storybook Orin would read and have him read with her, or something that was just a far off dream one could never reach, but here he was… he’d reached it easily with Orin’s help and the help of a few others on mainland and the boat that had taken them from their nightmare.

Ayita was very content sitting here talking with the new wolf in the area it was nice to see new faces. She knew that there would be others that would come and it made her happy. In such a new and ever expanding pack she was happy to find friends here. though she knew not everyone would be your friend. She knew firefly and her would have their differences but they both had come to common ground and had atlest a aquantacne ship. Looking at the young boy she could see he was rather happy to be her.

"That dosent sound very fun." Ayita said looking at him. "If theres ever any help you need we'll be more then happy to help. Have you gotten a chance to explore all of the territory?" She asked looking at him. she wasn't sure if she'd consider this place a paradies or not a good place to live a relitivly safe place but paradise prolly not. Looking at vigi she haddn't said much but she knew that the little glaces at him and the love they shared would show him that she still cared for him.

"So Niro you said you have a sister. What is she like and may I ask how you two got here?" She had become quite interested in this and wanted to learn things and she knew that she would asking questions was the best way.
[html]

So apparently, I had tricked myself into believing that I had replied to this over two weeks ago. I actually remember sitting down and replying, but now that I think about it, I probably made that up in my head. D: 300+ words.

The Constable was pleased to meet Niro, and he found the boy's exuberance very amusing. He had never had the youth that Niro seemed to have had, and he had lost any boyish wonder before he had even been old enough to shift. Vigilante had never had a real childhood, and though his life had been filled with things that some would classify as "interesting," it had simply been his life. Now that he was here and working to rebuild it, having come so far in doing so already, he found himself amused by the antics of others. He liked seeing the happiness of the members of the pack and though he knew some members had come from hard pasts, the dog mutt liked knowing that they had found happiness here. He was glad it was so for Niro and his sister, as it made him feel like the leadership was doing something right.

As Ayita and Niro made conversation, Vigilante was happy to remain quiet, as it was more to his nature. He had never been the outspoken or extroverted type, and this was something that still remained with him every day. It was good that his mate undrstood that he was not one to make meaningless conversation, and that she knew that he did not often have much to say. Vigilante loved talking to her, though, so he often made it a point to talk about something, even if it was nothing major. When it came to talking with members of the pack, he did try to make and match the conversation, but when it was not left up to him, he was just as happy. He was able to listen to conversations and interject when spoken to, or when he felt like it was necessary to add something, but he did not feel needed in order to keep the conversation alive and flowing. He was a polite man, but one of few words, it seemed.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: sorry for the short post
WC: 208

Well only a little I haven’t had much of a chance to get around, but I’m sure that I’ll get t know this place very quickly.

he said, he mostly explored the coast and around the hotel where he lived. He’d explore some more when he had the chance. But for now the chill kept him from going out for too long. Ayita’s last question, he had to think about. How could he describe his sister? She was quite an eccentric wolf.

Orin is, well she’s a good girl, she absolutely loves books, she actually found a journal that told of this place so we decided to barter our way on a boat, it was a long ride but we made it here in one piece.

He said remembering the boat ride vividly, how sick he had been the whole time, and still tried to keep up with the work he promised to do, they were satisfied enough to keep him fed and not complain… about him, his sister on the other hand had kept to herself and read and didn’t do much, he had to bite his tongue every time they had something to say about her, but they both did endure well enough to get here.

Ayita nodded listening to what the younger male was talking about it sounded like so much fun like it was an adventure to get here. She would have loved to travel here with her sibling looking for adventure for the sake of trying to find some place else to find out if the book was true.

"It sounds like so much fun I would have loved to take an adventure like that." She said as she glanced at vigi giving him a smile. Though the journey here hadn't been a grand adventure the time spent here had been. She had pups and was almost mates with someone she should be. Through it all she had finally found the man she had been searching for. One of the very few gentlemen left out there. Though she still could not believe that Vigi had chosen to mate with her and had chosen to take on her two crazy kids.

Ayita moved so she was very close it Vigi so that she could lean into him and snuggle close she had been missing his touch wanting nothing more then to be secure near him. "I hope you do manage to learn your way around we wont want to have a search party have to be formed to go and find you." She teased lightly with a smile.
[html]

I'm done with school so I'm posting regularly again! Finals month kiiiillllled me. Sorry for the wait!

The story that Niro had to tell was a bit different than most he heard. He was not the first to say he'd arrived by ship, but the mention of a book telling of this place aroused his curiousity, emerald eyes interested. "There is a book—a journal—about this?" he inquired, finding the idea very strange. Of course, he knew nothing of Jacquez's past, so if it was related to Jacquez, then it was understandable that he would not know of it. Despite having been a subleader beneath Jacquez for so long now, it was slightly shameful, how little he knew of their King. If given the chance, he would try to learn more, but he did not know how likely that was to happen. They both seemed to keep to themselves, generally.

The man ran his fingers over Ayita's hand gently, enjoying the closeness. Vigilante liked knowing that he could be close to his mate without ostracizing anyone, like they were now, still carrying on conversation. "I met your sister recently," he said, thinking of the very strange hunt he'd called recently. "She was a very spirited girl." That seemed like an understatement of sorts, but he could not think of any other way to describe the girl with the vibrantly pink mane. She had seemed very nice, and he had liked her, and more so, he was glad to see that Amaranth had been taken by her. It was nice to see his mate's daughter happy and outgoing.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 504 OOC: eww finals do suck glad your over with them… and Niro sure can talk hahaha

He smiled at how nice the two were being, it was just so different, he honestly wasn’t so sure what he was doing. Upon the mention of having a fun adventure, he shook his head

Oh no… I think I spent more than half the time sick, although they did have me do plenty of work to pay for mine and my sister’s way here. Oh and I think I got this place down a bit, I think

He chuckled at her joke, he really hoped it wouldn’t EVER have to come to that, then he turned to Vigil who seemed utterly perplexed about a journal being around that was about cour des miracles

I’m not so sure it was entirely about this place, maybe only the start, but it spoke a lot about our leader, my sister never let me put my paws on it, so I haven’t really actually gotten to read it, but I think it was about the voyage he took here to make the pack and all. My sister thinks someone who decided not to be a part of it had brought it with them, and it ended up in Florida for my sister to find.

He could remember that day too. Her nose was so stuck on that book he was surprised when she emerged from it again her nose wasn’t covered in ink. It took her a matter of a day in a half of reading it and the rest of the time she was in some kind of dream state that Niro couldn’t get her out of, he forced her to eat and drink until they stepped foot on the boat.

yes she is, and I’m afraid she takes her readings much too seriously, she thinks even the fiction of all things, is actually real, she has a hard time mixing fantasy with reality sometimes, but I guess that’s why she has me.

He smiled up at the older wolf. He knew that he wasn’t sure how to describe Orin, Niro did… annoying and brattish… but that was probably because they were siblings.

I think the word we are looking for is… Eccentric.?

He said fidgeting a little. He wanted to get the attention off of him and his sister for a while he loved answering questions but there was a time and a place… and it was past time to change the subject.

I have never really been in a pack before, are there any duties I need to perform, I’m not sure about the system yet myself either, it’s all a little confusing, is there anything really important that I must know? I don’t want to offend the wrong person.

This all came out at once and he blushed not knowing where it came from, he thought he was trying t ask what they do but it came out in a totally different context… and well not even near what they did as an occupation,, if that is what they had in these lands.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled as she looked at her mate happily talking with another member. She was hoping that In this place she would not make many enemies and so far she had come to make good friends in that pack but tended not to want to venture out of the pack to make or find friends.

Oh well maybe she just can't come to terms with not all things said or written down may not be true. So wolves that read tend to get very wrapped up in it and think that anything written is true or was true. Ayita said smiling. She was a reader of books but she could get a good grasp about weither or not they were true. There were some stories she knew were not true but deep down she wished they were. She had read quite a few books about such things like vampires and humans that turned into wolves.

Ayita looked at Niro and Vigi. "Oh don't tell me she's the girl with the crazy colored fur" amaranth was talking about. Vigilante and Amaranth had come home one day from hunting and Amaranth was going on about this wolf she met with pink hair and how she wanted pretty hair colors too. It didn't really bother her but her daughter for a few days was on the crazy color fur train. Well that was one thing Ayita didn't like.

"Well you could pick up a duty or you could just help out with pack hunts and such. I have yet to pick up a stable job." Ayita said smiling she didn't know to much about it but she does what she can to help the pack out.
[html]

With how fast you both post it makes me look slow. xD Blame the wisdom teeth extraction. x.x 300+ words.

The Constable thought the idea of a journal even partly about this pack was fascinating. Of course, Vigilante did not know how to read, so such a thing would not be of use to him anyway. Perhaps he would look into learning how to read someday, but the man just did not see it as something useful to him. He had been raised in a pack that was very far from humanized, and though that had changed for him since coming here, he still did not think that being able to read would be important. He seemed to be one of the ones who was more in tune with his completely canine heritage than most, and even that was significantly lessened for him.

Ayita seemed to pick up on who they were discussing, and Vigilante nodded, chuckling good-naturedly. "Yes, Amaranth seemed very fond of her. She was a sweet girl," he said, though he understood that Niro wanted to move on. Though the Constable did not know why, he assumed that the topic was simply done, so he was not against the idea of moving on to a new subject. He smiled, waiting for Niro to finish and for Ayita to answer before putting in his own thoughts. He could understand the insecurity that came with being in a new place, and he remembered feeling like he was not doing everything right upon his own arrival. One of the things he had liked the most about this place, though, had been the fact that they were not expected to do anything. Jacquez had assured him of that when eh had arrived here, and it had proven true, despite the fact that he had taken on a number of duties and did them daily. The important part was that it had been his choice.

Contemplating an appropriate answer, Vigilante finally began with, "The pack itself is fairly self-sufficent, as far as I can tell. As long as you can pull your own weight, then no one would have anything to say about it." It seemed that Niro was capable of doing so, as well, since he had worked to make sure he and his sister were able to get here. "We have a number of coranks, though, and as you progress through the ranks you would be more expected to help out. There is nothing absolutely required of anyone here, though, and that is part of what drew me here. I wanted to be able to live life the way I wanted to, without someone dictating what I could or could not do at any given moment."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: The end! Well for this thread at least!!!

He nodded at Ayita’s comment then blushed when she figured out who he was talking about, there seemed to be a stick in the thought of his pink haired sister. He hoped it wasn’t too bad but Vigil answered for him, and told her she was a good enough girl, which she really was. He smiled at that glad that there was someone who liked his sister, she was likable enough once you got through her outer shell. He listened as Vigil told him about the co ranks and leaders as well as what was expected of him. He was glad, this was something easy for him to do, his thoughts seemed to drift as he thought of the possibilities.

Thank you so much that is quite helpful!

he said, then a thought occurred to him, as thoughts always did. His sister was possibly getting herself into some trouble. Usually that inner sense was right, he blushed at his new friends and packmates

Well I think it’s time I get to my sister, I think she might be getting into some trouble. It really was great to meet the two of you!

He said, nodding his head at Ayita and Vigil, then waved as he headed away in a slight hurry, hoping his sister didn’t get herself in too much trouble. Hopefully she wasn’t getting into any, sometimes the inner alarm wasn’t always right and he had hoped that this was one of those times.