Looking for special things inside of me
[html]
Not sure if Lotus was gonna have gone with her to the city ^^ so I'm saying that she went there and is coming back to him.

It had been a long day, but she knew that she still had a lot of work to do once she got back to the den. The tall, dark-furred wolfess had her hands full on this day, both literally and figuratively. She had found a few things in the city that she thought Lotus might like after her first few attempts at trying to appeal to his masculine side. Ember had been warned that he considered himself to be more feminine, but she hadn't known how deeply embedded those thoughts were. It was alright with her that he felt that way about himself, but she didn't really understand it.

She thought that she would go to the city to get a few items herself before turning to any friends or relatives to ask for toys, unsure of whether she would be able to find anything in the ruins of Halifax, but she had gotten a pretty good haul. After her first week or so of having him at the den she had learned a little bit about the boy. She'd gotten some more feminine toys, like dolls and stuffed animals, and hoped that they would be suitable. She would need to start digging out another room in the very back of the den to store some extra things and clean the place up again in general to be able to accommodate the items that she had brought back for her adopted child.

It was late afternoon by the time she made it back to the den. Her arms ached as she set the box down and pulled the book bag off of her back and set it down as well. Was Lotus back home now? The green eyed wolf got down onto her hands and knees so that she could look into the den, trying to see through the darkness. "Lotus?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 702 words; That is fine. I wouldn't have cared either way.

His perception of himself was something that he couldn’t help. Just as he couldn’t control his physical gender as well. Most didn’t have their signals mixed and so their mind frame was able to fit with the body that they had. His didn’t work that way. His mind told him that he was a girl but his chromosomes hadn’t come out that way. But at least his Mommy was accepting of his condition. Everything in his head told him that he was a girl but he just didn’t have the body to match it. It was much like how someone couldn’t help who they fell in love with despite what the gender may be. There was no questioning it. You just knew. Everything inside of you told you that such a person was special. Well, it was like that for him. He couldn’t help the way he saw himself. Like no matter how much an anorexic or bulimic stared into that mirror they would always see that fat person staring back at them even if the image that was really portrayed was a skeleton. The image in the head simply wasn’t being shown in the body. At least his mental condition didn’t make him a sociopath so the gender identity crisis should be able to be easily overlooked. Or learnt to be lived with since it wasn’t hurting anyone.

His Mommy had told him that she had to go out for awhile and to stay within the area of the tribe as well as to be a good girl. So he had done just that. He hadn’t ventured out past the borders, or not that he knew of, and hadn’t bothered anyone. All in all he would say that he had been pretty good. All he really did was use the time to explore a little more and play. Mostly play though. And staying near the den even, imagine that. He had found a pile of snow that was big enough for him to run and jump into to make splat angels. And what is a splat angel, you may ask? Pretty much when you run and jump with all your limbs stretched out and land on you belly in the snow. Not very imaginative really but it kept him occupied for a great while. At least until he figured out that if you ran into a bush with snow on it then the snow falls off. That led him to attacking all of the nearby bushes until they have been rid of snow. Though that snow took up residence in places on his back instead.

By the time that Ember got back the pup was panting and laying within the den to rest. But as soon as he heard his Mommy calling his name he was quick to get up and come running out of the den. “Mommy!” He called out gleefully, aiming to lick at Ember’s face while she was on her hands and knees. There were still a few flakes of snow sticking to his back to show that it hadn’t been long since he went inside from being outside playing. “I did just like you said. I stayed right around here.” Excited words were rushed out as hindquarters gave a happy wiggle. “Mommy, look what I made!” He was quick to walk over to the snow that had piled up beside the cave where his splat angels were at. So what if they wouldn’t look all that impressive to someone with more experience but to him they were works of art because they were his very own, and first in this area, creations. “Aren’t they pretty Mommy? Can you do that too?” Okay, so maybe he was a bit more than just excited. He wanted his Mommy to love them because he wanted to make his Mommy proud of him. After all he felt sort of bad for not liking the toys that she had gotten him. He had tried playing with them but they just weren’t any fun. So he was trying very hard to make up for not really playing with the toys that she had gotten him. He couldn’t help liking soft and cuddly things.

[/html]
[html]
<3.

It was something that she would have to get used to anyway, his calling her "mother". Would he still feel the same way about her when he got older and found out the truth? She wasn't the type to put on a facade for too long, not one as important as this. She wouldn't lie to him and tell him that she was his biological mother. But she would be as much of a mother to him as he would allow her to be. It was a little odd to hear sometimes, but it wasn't a bad feeling that she got. It was a warm and fuzzy one.

A smile brightened the face of the usually stoic female as the youngster came into view, and she accepted the affectionate licks and returned them in kind. She was very proud that he had followed the directions that she'd given him before she'd left. "That's great, hon. I'm real glad...you don't wanna make mommy worry" Her tail waved quickly behind her, showing her good mood. His attention was quickly diverted to something else and she looked in the direction that he was indicating.

Ember wasn't sure what it was that he had made, however. She made a decision in the split second that it took to look at the imprints, though. She didn't want to disappoint him or make him feel like he had done anything wrong just because she didn't understand what it was that he'd made. He seemed very excited about it, and that made her excited too. Her tail wagged even more. "They're real pretty, Lotus. But I'm not sure if I can do one as good as those ones...you should show me how to make 'em right"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 382 words; Sorry this took so long *narrowly escaped eviction*

Why should he be upset about her not being his biological mother when he got older? She was the only mother that he knew. It wasn’t like she had stolen him. In fact she took him in where no one else had. How could he be upset for that. She was as real of a mother as he had ever had. Honestly, he was lucky to have someone as kind and caring as her. If she didn’t take him in then what would have happened to him? No doubt he wouldn’t be thriving as he was now. It would be a wonder if he would have even been alive. No doubt that he would never be able to make it on his own. What pup possibly could?

Little paws danced as his affections were returned. He was eager and excited for the praise he received. It had been hard for him to stay put, especially with there being so much to do and explore. It was a big world out there and so he did good to limit himself to staying around the den. He was just lucky that he had found something to entertain himself with until she had managed to make it back. To him that had taken a great amount of effort. Especially when a rabbit had teased him and wanted him to follow. Though he did wonder where that rabbit had went to.

“It’s really easy Mommy.” Words were spoken with a laugh. “You just do it like this.” And with that he took off running and jumped into the snow with his limbs sprawled out. “Now you try it.” The words were spoken after he had gotten back up and had shaken himself off. But that thought suddenly changed as he finally saw the box. The pup had quickly forgotten all about the snow in order to go explore the box instead. “What did you get Mommy? Can I see?” Not that the question mattered so much since he was already trying to climb up to see into the box. “Where did you go? Can I go next time? I want to help.” Words were piled on one after another. He was simply eager and curious. He wanted to continue to make his Mommy proud of him.

[/html]
[html]
<3

She had never figured herself to be so much of a worrier...but Lotus seemed to bring that out of her. The warrior had never felt so much out of her element before. She should have been used to the unexpected by now, living in AniWaya. Getting a spirit guide was pretty far from normal, talking to animals and carrying a sword...

Ember looked apprehensively at the snow pile, then at the child, then back at the snow pile. She gave one final glance about to make sure that no one was watching before choosing to follow the pup's lead. The tall wolf had a running start, flopping herself down into the snow with her arms stretched out.

She lay there in the snow for a few moments, playing dead, until her son spoke once more. "Oooof. Maybe Mommy should lay down for a while and take a rest." She had almost forgotten about the weapons around her belt, too. They were starting to dig into her stomach a little, making laying down a little uncomfortable.

The wolf rose to two feet once more, brushing snow off of her dark pelt. "In here? Well, you did a real good job of stayin' put..so I brought you back some new toys"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 347 words; I am so bad. Sorry this took forever, life just took over.

Lotus could bring that out in people. The kid was wild. Not exactly in a bad way. But he did have this habit of disappearing without a word. He would just take off on his own and head out as far as he could before he ended up getting tired and having to turn back. He didn’t see any harm in what he did. He didn’t know there were bad things in the world. And well, who would want to hurt him in this tribe? He couldn’t think of anyone ever wanting to hurt someone else. But that was just him. He was too young and naive to know any better really. Honestly, he didn’t realize his mother’s weapons were for hurting others instead of just decorations. So was it any wonder that he had rebelled against such toys when they had been presented to him before?

He laughed as he watched the older wolf flop down into the snow. He was having a good time. He just assumed that his Mommy was having fun too. “That is a good one Mommy. Very pretty.” He wasn’t above giving out compliments. Not when it was true. He actually thought it looked pretty good for the other’s first time. Still it wasn’t like there was much to making them anyways. It was a simple process and the basics had been easily learned. Technique could be figured out through practice. After all the way the limbs were spread affected the way that the angels turned out. But of course this was art that only the pup could appreciate.

The words had him leaving the box alone to wander over to his Mommy and gently nudge her. Though as she got up and he saw that she was okay he went back over to the box. “What kind of toys Mommy? Can I see?” Again he tried to peek into the box. He was curious about what kinds of things she had found and brought back. Maybe there was something in there that he could cuddle up with while he slept.

[/html]
[html]

<3 da puppy

She had always held a bit of fear about puppies, ever since she had been young. She had always been the little girl of the family, daddy's little girl...maybe that was part of the reason that she subconciously feared those younger and cuter than her. Somewhere deep down Ember was still that same little girl, hanging on her father Phoenix's every word. The warrior had once considered changing her name so that she could forget about Phoenix after he left her and her siblings, but had chosen to keep it. It suited her in an odd way. A Phoenix was a bird that burst into flame and was reborn...which sort of reminded her of what she had done. Maybe not burst into flame...but the part about rebirth. The first part of her name, Ember, also had to do with fire.

"I brought a few things. Some eh...things I thought might suit you better. I found some play-jewelry that I thought was nice...and some dolls and a few stuffed animals." She said, tipping the tall box over so that some of it would spill out. Ember was really hoping that some of this stuff would appeal to him; she wanted him to have things that he liked, stuff that he could play with if she was ever not there for some reason. She had a lot of tribe duties, and didn't like leaving him alone...but sometimes she had to.

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 381 words; Sorry, life has been hectic

Ember should congratulate herself for being able to handle Lotus. No doubt he could be a handful at times with the way that he chose to run off without giving warning first. Often he would stay away all day and get back right as it started to turn dark. That really was enough to give any mother a heart attack. Not knowing where their child was or what could have happened to them. But Ember was doing a mighty fine job. Especially when playing to Lotus’s quirks. She had even brought back toys that he was sure to love. Made sure to use the appropriate names. If Ember could handle him then Ember could handle any pup. Especially since it didn’t seem as if would be likely that Lotus would grow out of his quirks.

The pup found himself eagerly waiting to get into the box after he was told what waited inside just for him. He wanted to see the sorts of things that his mother had found and brought back for him. And from the sounds of it they were things that he would absolutely love. But really, Ember didn’t have to worry about Lotus too much. He always found ways to entertain himself when she wasn’t around. Quite usually that was by wandering away and searching out the stretches of land that AniWaya had laid claim to. So even without toys he had something to do. But with toys he was likely to stay at the den a bit longer. At least until he grew bored of those and wanted to explore again.

Out of the items that were spilled on the ground Lotus dug out a floppy eared bunny. One of the ears was taken into his mouth so that he could separate it from the rest of the pile. Once he had the stuffed animal free and by itself he rubbed his head against it in a loving manner. Leaving the bunny where it was little Lotus moved back over to his Mommy to nuzzle his head against her leg. “Thank you Mommy. I really think these toys.” Tail wagged happily as he headed back over to the bunny so that he could drag it over to Ember. “I really like her. What is her name?”

[/html]
[html]
no problem :3 you wanna end it pretty soon? We could have one where she teaches him about hunting perhaps :OOOO

She always aimed to please. The boy didn't have his true mother or father around, so she tried to be both to him and to give him everything that she could. She considered herself his true mother now. Motherhood had its ups and downs, but she was genuinely happy to wake up and see the little one every single morning. He surprised her some days, made her laugh and worry and all those good things.

"I'm glad you like them." She said, reaching down so that she might fluff up his fur a bit. Ember sat down next to the box and looked inside of it with him. When he pulled out the rabbit and asked its name, she thought back to a children's book she had read, about a velveteen rabbit. "I read a book once about a rabbit made of velvet...and your rabbit looks very soft. Do ya think Velvet would be a good name for her?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 371 words; Okay, that works for me.

Lotus didn’t know of any family other than Ember. He had been too young when his birth family had broken apart to know about them. His parents were deceased so he didn’t have them to return to. He had nothing to return to. Ember was all he had. So it was a good thing that she saw herself as his Mommy. He didn’t have anyone else in her place to take care of him. He didn’t have anyone else to claim him. So their relationship worked out perfectly. He was a starter pup for Ember, one that she had to miss out on the actually birthing and constant feedings and the whole helpless age but had gotten at the peak of curiosity. After being able to deal with him at this age then no doubt she could deal with the younger stages as well. After being able to keep up with him then no doubt she wouldn’t have any trouble with raising a pup from the very beginning.

Lotus wagged his tail happily as he was petted, seeing it as a bit of praise. He had been a good girl and stuck close to the den as he had been instructed to do and now he was being rewarded for it. That was a good deal indeed. And of course the girly toys were greatly appreciated. The stuffed animals and dolls were like the best of course. They were the easiest to grab a hold of and drag around with him. And when Ember sat next to him he climbed onto her lap and dragged Velvet up with him, dragging the bunny around by the ear. “Do you like the name Velvet?” He asked the bunny and cocked his head to the side as he seemed to be listening for a response. “She like that name Mommy. She says it is a very pretty name. And she wants to grow up and be pretty like Mommy is.” Lotus smiled up at Ember as he spoke, settled easily on her lap. “Which one is yours Mommy?” He questioned as he craned his neck to peek into the box again. He figured that Ember had brought some toys back for herself as well.

[/html]
[html]

Lotus is so cute. And awesome. <3

She simply smiled when the boy spoke to the stuffed animal, shaking her head a little. Children were so interesting...the experience that she'd had with Lotus so far had all been good, even the bad parts. He didn't get into a lot of trouble, and she didn't often reprimand him for anything unless it was something that could have gotten him hurt. She never wanted to see him hurt.

"Someday you'll be as pretty as mommy is, too, Lotus" She said, grinning. "I didn't bring anything back for me this time--this whole box is for you. Should we put it in the den? It looks like it might rain again soon"

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]
OOC: table code, image, and Filler © James; 318 words

It was easy to get lost to the appeal of the stuffed animals. While he didn’t have others of his age around he was able to entertain himself in this fashion at least. It gave him something to do at least. Someone to play with. Now he had a companion to tote around with him. What could be better than that? He had someone to go with him on every adventure. And with him lugging them around then they could never say no or that they didn’t want to go. It was perfect for him. This was the perfect solution to the loneliness that he felt at times. He wouldn’t express such things though. He understood that his Mommy had leader things to take care of and that she couldn’t be around all of the time. Still it was nice when she was though. Velvet would just be a substitute for when his Mommy wasn’t around or able to play with him.

He grinned up at Ember as she spoke to him. “Do you really think so Mommy?” How great it would be to be as beautiful as his Mommy. Especially since he thought his Mommy was the most beautiful lady to have ever lived. There was no way that anyone could be prettier than his Mommy. So if he turned out even half as pretty as his Mommy then he would be happy with just that. The thought had him smiling already. But then his Mommy’s words mentioning the weather had him glancing up to the sky. He nodded his head as he looked back to his Mommy. “Come on Velvet.” He spoke to his bunny before dragging the stuffed animal into the den to lay her where he slept. With Velvet safe inside from the rain Lotus returned outside to try and get a grip on the box in order to try and drag it inside.

[/html]