Rail Against the Heavens
[html]

Words: 358

Coli exhaled slowly, not realizing she had been holding her breath while Haven spoke. They certainly did have a lot in common. Maybe it wasn't all that rare in these dark ages, to be sired by some criminal asshole who never wanted children, and certainly didn't deserve to procreate. Maybe there were a lot of wolves like Haven and herself, lamenting that their fur, their eyes, belonged to someone else. Or maybe they were the unluckiest wolves of all. "There's no mistaking who I belong to, either," she whispered sadly, her blue eyes haunted. "I've never hurt anyone in my life, but my father's started wars, murdered children, raped woman all across the land... including myself."

Oh, her dirty little secret had snuck out again - rum was loosening her lips already. That sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, the sudden tightness in her throat, it was all his fault. Finding out the monster that lived within the twisted depths of Haku Soul's mind, well, that had been the loss of her innocence. She used to love her daddy with all her heart, as only a single daughter could. Even now she wondered if the "old" Haku was still inside of him, or if it had all been an act from the start.

She glanced up from her bottle, meeting Haven's angry jade-green eyes. He had such indignant rage for what the fates had thrown his way. "You must really love your mom, huh? That's... lucky. She has a knight to fight for her..." That sad smile curled on her lips again, and she brushed her feathery bangs from her eyes, self-conscious again. A loving parent. What would that be like? It must have taken a great sacrifice on his mother's part, to raise the children she had not wanted. If only there were more women like her out there, to impart some goodness into this cold, unfriendly world. "I suppose the best you and I can do," Coli said quietly, taking another sip of her fiery drink, "is to be good to our future children... so they never have to know where they came from."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread