Rail Against the Heavens
[html]

OoC: Ah! almost every thread I read has mature language, so it's hardly necessary to tag them anymore... I just thought I'd play by the rules. ;P

WC: 446

So she was right; Anu was one of Haven's mothers. As he studied her curiously, Coli swallowed nervously, realizing how awkward that suddenly made her feel. She and Haven were closer in age than she and Anu; she knew that before, of course, but it was a strange perspective to be drinking with the woman's son. At least that explained why Anu had been so unhappy that night, when they first met - she must have been thinking about losing her mate, for whatever reason it happened. "I... I need her. I mean, I need to talk to her," she stammered, letting her hand drop to her side. Curse her treacherous tongue! She couldn't even straighten out whether or not she was attracted to females as Anu clearly was, or if it had been the wine talking for her, making her even more pathetic for toying with the notion. Her ears drooped in a crestfallen expression; she couldn't ask Haven about his own mother. That would be impolite.

Colibri couldn't resist shuddering at Haven's words, so eerily similar to her own inner thoughts. Her bottle clanked against the counter, slipping free from her trembling fingers. There was nothing she could say in response to that same internal fear that she cringed from, the thought that no matter what she tried to do with her life, something could snap and she would hurt the people around her. She had no littermates to compare herself to, no mother to cling to. Her father had sired other children later in life, children she had met, and all of them looked so strangely similar... She did not know why his genes were so dominant, why they all sported dirt-brown fur like he did, but it truly frightened her to think that all of them were doomed to repeat his mistakes, to inherit his psychosis.
"I hope... I'm right... too," she whispered shakily, wiping her sweaty palms against her side.

"Haven, is there someone you like?" she asked suddenly, blue eyes earnest. There was something about the way he had so vehemently denied the possibility of someone wanting to start a family with him. Had he been turned down...? Had some silly girl rejected him on account of his heritage? Coli had never met Conri Church, and apparently Haven had never met Haku Soul, because neither of them had recognized each other. Still, she would believe the infamy, that others might know what she did not... "I won't tell anyone," she added childishly, her naivety still present despite it all. Her guilty mind kept straying to thoughts of Anu - perhaps if Haven had a crush of his own, he'd understand...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread