whistle like wind in rain
[html]
-chews on dixie-

While Saul had only met Dixie on one occasion, there was a certain buoyancy about her that he was drawn to. She was an easy going, happy person and while they weren't particularly close, Saul could feel himself fitting easily into her life, and her into his. It didn't feel like something either of them had to work hard to achieve- it was just an effortless friendship, unmarred by the trials of time away and everything else that had happened to him. He wished, not for the first time, that he had not left Temeraire with Nayru back in Ichika- it would have been good for Dixie to meet his son. He would have to tell her about him instead and hope that when the time came for Gypsy to be returned, the two would be able to meet one another. Dixie launched into another explanation and Saul smiled, squeezing her a little tighter against his body.

"I'm glad you found somewhere to settle Dix! I haven't heard of Jazper or Annan. But I will definitely have to come down and visit soon, check the place out!" He chuckled, wondering just how far away Casa di Cavalieri was from Ichika. Nova Scotia was a huge place- it would take him at least a few days to reach AniWaya from Ichika, and that was riding relatively fast. He giggled softly as she squirmed in his arms before jabbing her nose into his side and taking a deep breath. "Well then, we could learn together. My cousin Eclipse knows how to hunt with a bow and arrow, but she hasn't taught me yet! I thought I would learn!" He smiled before releasing the blonde bombshell and stepping forward. The instructor called their attention and for the moment, all was silent as the male explained about how to hold the bow and how to shoot.

"Well, that seems simple enough..." He said, walking forward and grasping the bow in his left hand, the string beneath his arm. He looked over at Dixie to make sure she was okay, before pulling an arrow from the quiver on the ground. Laying it on top of the bow and resting it against the wood at the point end and sliding it into place on the string end. With an unsteady movement, he twisted his arm to the left and bought his right arm up and his elbow close to his right eye. He took a breath, aiming and releasing on his breath out. For a moment, the arrow wobbled before thudding into the top of the target board, nowhere near the ringed target but at least on the black area of the board. With a grin, he looked over at Dixie, wondering how she'd done.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
459+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread