whistle like wind in rain
[html]
-chews on dixie-

As if in a world of her own, Dixie continued her talking and Saul found that he was able to concentrate easily on what she was saying. She might talk a lot, but it usually wasn't innane chatter that meant little to either of them. Like she was willing to listen to him, Saul was also willing to put in the time to listen and respond where the little blond bombshell was concerned. Unlike most of the other female relations he dealt with, he did not feel paternally for Dixie- it was more of a favourite little sister kind of friendship that was easy on both of their parts. As she spoke about Jazper and Annan, he felt a smile tug at his lips- she was a breath of fresh air when he needed her the most. Coming down to the festival had been a good idea, but Saul wasn't entirely sure leaving his son for that long was a good idea.

"They sound pretty unmistakable. I'll have to bring my son, Temeraire, down and we'll visit and see these pair."

He offered in return, although he paused for a moment as he considered his words. He hadn't yet told Dixie about his son and he wondered how she would react. Most people he knew when he told them the good news, however strange the circumstances surrounding Teme's birth had been, appeared to be genuinely happy for him and he hoped Dixie would be too. His son was a great kid so far, although he couldn't really say much because he was back in Ichika with Nayru at the moment. As if hearing his thoughts, she spoke up about the distance and Saul allowed a happy chuckle to come forward. "I'm sure I've been to those parts before." He commented, oblivious to the fact that Casa had taken up residence on half of the old Dahlia territory.

It was his turn to concentrate on Dixie's technique as she bounced towards the bows and selected one. She looked so tiny, he doubted she'd have enough strength to draw the bow. She surprised him however as she drew the string back. It wasn't very far and he could see the shake in the string from where her muscles were straining, but it was enough. With a loud twang, she released the arrow. Unfortunately, it skidded into the ground. She noticed his shot then and exclaimed that he'd hit the target. Her enthusiasm made him laugh as he ruffled her hair softly. "Lets try again..." He said, steadying his breath and picking another arrow. Setting it how he had the first time, he tried to alleviate the shake of his muscles that had been his downfall. With his body stretched completely out, toned abdominal muscles prominent as he released the arrow. It landed with a thud on the white ring of the target.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
481+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread